Instrument number CASA 290/14
I, IAN EDMUND OGILVIE, Acting Manager, Flying Standards Branch, Operations Division, a delegate of CASA, make this instrument under regulation 141.035 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR 1998).
Flying Standards Branch
19 December 2014
Approval — for Approved Training Pilot approval holders under CAO 29.10 to conduct flight training for a low-level rating, low-level endorsement and mustering endorsement
(a) commences on the day of registration; and
(b) expires at the end of August 2017, as if it had been repealed by another instrument.
Approved Training Pilot means a person approved under paragraph 12 of Civil Aviation Order 29.10 (CAO 29.10), as in force at the time of approval.
Note CAO 29.10 has been amended and no longer has reference to Approved Training Pilots.
approved person means a person approved by this instrument.
instructor rating proficiency check means a check as described in Appendix 5 of Schedule 6 of the CASR Part 61 Manual of Standards.
This instrument applies to a person referred to in Schedule 1.
(1) Under regulation 141.035 of CASR 1998, for the purposes of paragraph 141.050 (2) (b), I approve a person (the approved person), who holds an approval mentioned in paragraph (a) or (b) of Schedule 1, to:
(a) in the case of an approval mentioned in paragraph (a) of Schedule 1, conduct authorised Part 141 flight training for a low-level rating, aeroplane low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – aeroplane endorsement; or
(b) in the case of an approval mentioned in paragraph (b) of Schedule 1, conduct authorised Part 141 flight training for a low-level rating, helicopter low-level endorsement and an aerial mustering – helicopter endorsement.
(2) The approval under subsection (1) is subject to the conditions mentioned in section 5.
(1) When conducting authorised Part 141 flight training, an approved person must comply with at least the relevant syllabus of training described in Appendix 1 of CAO 29.10, as in force at the commencement of Part 61.
(2) An approved person must retain records of each person’s flight training for not less than 7 years.
(3) An approved person may continue to exercise his or her powers in accordance with section 4 up to the expiry of this instrument, after his or her approval as an approved training pilot, as referred to in Schedule 1, stops having effect, subject to successfully completing an instructor rating proficiency check which includes a test of competency for the relevant category low-level training endorsement.
Schedule 1 Application of approval
The approval applies to a person who:
(a) holds an approval issued by CASA, to act as an Approved Training Pilot as previously described in subsection 12 of CAO 29.10 in an aeroplane; or
(b) holds an approval issued by CASA, to act as an Approved Training Pilot as previously described in subsection 12 of CAO 29.10 in a helicopter.