Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Corporations Act 2001 – Paragraphs 741(1)(b), 911A(2)(l), 1020F(1)(c) and Subsection 1075A(1) – Amendment
1. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) makes this instrument under paragraphs 741(1)(b), 911A(2)(l), 1020F(1)(c) and subsection 1075A(1) of the Corporations Act 2001.
2. This instrument is ASIC Class Order [CO 14/829].
3. This instrument commences as follows:
(a) paragraph 4 commences on the date it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003; and
(b) paragraph 5 commences on the later of:
(i) the date of its gazettal;
(ii) the date it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003;
(iii) the day after the commencement date of ASIC Class Order [CO 14/827].
Note: An instrument is registered when it is recorded on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) in electronic form: see Legislative Instruments Act 2003, section 4 (definition of register). The FRLI may be accessed at http://www.frli.gov.au/.
ASIC Class Order [CO 02/312]
4. ASIC Class Order [CO 02/312] is amended as follows:
(a) omit “effected through ASTC”, substitute “effected through ASX Settlement”;
(b) in Schedule A, omit paragraph 4, substitute:
“4. Depository interests in relation to financial products held by CHESS Depositary Nominees Pty Limited in accordance with the operating rules of ASX Settlement.”;
(c) in Interpretation:
(i) omit the respective definitions of ASTC and CHESS;
(ii) insert the following definitions in alphabetical order:
“ASX Settlement means ASX Settlement Pty Limited;
depositary interests means units of beneficial ownership in financial products of the following kind that are issued for the purpose of enabling the financial products to be recorded and transferred in accordance with the operating rules of ASX Settlement:
(a) securities issued by a foreign company; or
(b) foreign scheme products.”.
ASIC Class Order [CO 14/827]
5. ASIC Class Order [CO 14/827] is amended by renumbering paragraphs 4 (second occurring), 5 (second occurring) and 6 (second occurring) as paragraphs 5, 6 and 7 respectively.
Dated this 7th day of October 2014
Signed by Grant Moodie
as a delegate of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission