COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
Amendment of List of Exempt Native Specimens
I, PAUL MURPHY, Assistant Secretary, Wildlife Trade and Biosecurity Branch, as Delegate of the Minister for the Environment, pursuant to subsection 303DC(1) of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act), hereby amend the list of exempt native specimens established under section 303DB of the EPBC Act by revoking the conditions to which the inclusion of the following item in the list on 25 September 2012 is subject:
· specimens that are or are derived from fish or invertebrates, other than:
- specimens that belong to species listed under Part 13 of the EPBC Act, and
- specimens that belong to taxa listed under section 303CA of the EPBC Act,
taken in the Queensland Gulf of Carpentaria Inshore Fin Fish Fishery as defined in the management regime in force under the Queensland Fisheries Regulation 2008 and the Queensland Fisheries Act 1994,
and imposing the following conditions to which inclusion of the specimens in the list is subject:
· the specimen, or the fish or invertebrate from which it is derived, was taken lawfully, and
· the specimens are covered by the declaration of an approved wildlife trade operation under section 303FN of the EPBC Act in relation to the fishery.
For the purposes of section 12(1) of the Legislative Instruments Act 2003, the specified day for the purposes of the commencement of this instrument is 14 September 2014.
Dated this 10th day of September 2014
Delegate of the Minister for the Environment