DIRECTION NOT TO ENGAGE IN FISHING
Fisheries Management Act 1991
BASS STRAIT CENTRAL ZONE SCALLOP FISHERY (CLOSURE) DIRECTION 2014
I JAMES FINDLAY, Chief Executive Officer of the Australia Fisheries Management Authority, as a delegate under delegation No. 6 of 2013 made on 16th September 2013 from the Commission, make the following Direction under subsection 41A(2) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991.
Dated: 6 August 2014
Dr James Findlay
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Direction may be cited as the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery (Closure) Direction 2014.
2. This Direction commences the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Direction ceases to have effect as if it was repealed on 31 December 2014 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Direction that are defined for the purposes of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002 (the Plan) have the same meanings in this Direction as they have in the Plan.
[Note: Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Direction.]
To Whom This Direction Applies
5. This Direction applies to a holder of a fishing concession in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery and to a person acting on behalf of the holder.
[Note: This means that the Direction does not apply to a person if the person is fishing in the area of the Fishery in accordance with a fishing concession that is subject to another plan of management in force under the Act, under a scientific permit, a permit issued in another fishery, or under a licence issued under a law of a State or Territory.]
Direction Not to Engage in Fishing
6. Fishing is not to be engaged in in the following area of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery:
The area of waters contained within and bounded by a line:
i. Commencing at the point of intersection of the parallel of latitude 39o18’52” South and the meridian of longitude 148o05’17”East;
ii. and proceeding generally south east to a point at latitude 39o19’28” South; longitude 148o06’ 28” East;
iii. then generally north east to a point at latitude 39o18’21” South; longitude 148o07’ 26” East;
iv. then generally north to a point at latitude 39o16’37” South; longitude 148o07’ 26” East;
v. then generally west to a point at latitude 39o16’22” South; longitude 148o04’25” East;
vi. then generally south west to a point at latitude 39o16’51” South; longitude 148o04’07” East;
vii. then generally south east to the point of commencement.