Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Corporations Act 2001 — Subsection 341(1) — Order
1. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission makes this order under subsection 341(1) of the Corporations Act 2001 (the Act).
2. This order is ASIC Class Order [CO 14/632].
3. This order commences on the date it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003.
Note: An instrument is registered when it is recorded on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) in electronic form: see Legislative Instruments Act 2003, section 4 (definition of register). The FRLI may be accessed at http://www.frli.gov.au/.
4. A disclosing entity is relieved from sections 298 and 300A of the Act to the extent items 18 and 19 of the table in subregulation 2M.3.03(1) of the Corporations Regulations 2001 (the Regulations) require the directors’ report for a financial year of the disclosing entity to include details of equity instruments or transactions involving equity instruments, where those equity instruments are not issued by the disclosing entity or any of its subsidiaries.
5. This order applies in relation to financial years ending on or before 30 September 2014.
6. The disclosing entity must ensure that, in relation to an equity instrument issued or issuable by it and any of its subsidiaries that is required to be disclosed under items 17, 18 and 19 of the table in subregulation 2M.3.03(1) of the Regulations, the directors’ report for the financial year:
(a) separately specifies each class of equity instrument; and
(b) identifies each class of equity instrument by:
(i) the name of the issuing entity;
(ii) the class of equity instrument; and
(iii) if the instrument is an option or right—the class and number of equity instruments for which it may be exercised.
7. In this order:
(a) directors’ report has the same meaning as in subsection 298(1) of the Act.
(b) any other expression that is used in subregulation 2M.3.03(1) of the Regulations and defined in a relevant accounting standard that is applied for the purposes of disclosing information, has the same meaning given by that accounting standard.
Dated this 26th day of June 2014
Signed by Grant Moodie
as a delegate of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission