DIRECTION NOT TO ENGAGE IN FISHING
Fisheries Management Act 1991
HEARD ISLAND AND MCDONALD ISLANDS FISHERY (Closures) DIRECTION No. 2 2014
I, JAMES FINDLAY, Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority, as delegate under delegation No. 6 of 2013 made on 16th September 2013 from the Commission, make the following Direction under subsection 41A(2) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991.
Dated: 2 May 2014
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Direction may be cited as the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery (Closures) Direction No. 2 2014.
2. This Direction commences the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Direction ceases as if it was revoked on 22 April 2019 unless earlier revoked.
4.1 “fishery” means the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery;
“Plan” means the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002;
“Territorial Sea of the Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands” means the waters surrounding the Heard Island and McDonald Islands that extends to 12 nautical miles from the Territory of the Islands.
4.2 Terms used in this Direction that are defined for the purposes of the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002 have the same meanings in this Direction as they have in that Plan.
Notes: Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Direction.
4.3 This Direction is to be read consistently with other Directions made under the Fisheries Management Act 1991.
4.4 The origin of geographical coordinates used in this Direction is the Australian Geodetic Datum 1972 (AGD72).
To whom this Direction applies
5. This Direction applies to a holder of a fishing concession in the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery and to a person acting on behalf of the holder.
Direction not to engage in fishing
6. No fishing is to be engaged in in that part of the fishery on the landward side of the line one mile seaward of the outer edge of the territorial sea of the Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands.
Revocation of previous Direction
7. This Direction revokes the Direction No. HIMIFD 11 with effect from the commencement of this Direction.