Aged Care (Residential Care Subsidy — Amount of Transitional Accommodation Supplement) Determination 2014 (No. 1)
Aged Care Act 1997
I, MITCH FIFIELD, Assistant Minister for Social Services, make this Determination under subsection 44‑16(3) of the Aged Care Act 1997.
Dated : 12 March 2014
Assistant Minister for Social Services
1 Name of Determination
This Determination is the Aged Care (Residential Care Subsidy — Amount of Transitional Accommodation Supplement) Determination 2014 (No. 1).
This Determination commences on 20 March 2014.
The Aged Care (Residential Care Subsidy — Amount of Transitional Accommodation Supplement) Determination 2013 (No. 2) made by
the Hon Kevin Andrews, Minister for Social Services, on 19 September 2013, also known as F2013L01718, is revoked.
In this Determination:
Act means the Aged Care Act 1997.
amount of accommodation supplement means an amount payable for a care recipient under subsection 44-5A(3) of the Act.
5 Amount of transitional accommodation supplement
(1) This section applies to a care recipient who, after 19 March 2008:
(a) first enters a residential care service; or
(b) re-enters a residential care service after a break in residential care, within the meaning given by subsection 44-5D(2) of the Act, of more than 28 days.
(2) For subsection 44-16(3) of the Act, the amount of transitional accommodation supplement for the care recipient for a day that is on or after 20 March 2014 is the amount mentioned in the following table for the day when the care recipient entered residential care less the amount of accommodation supplement payable for the care recipient.
After 19 March 2008 and before 20 September 2010
After 19 September 2010 and before 20 March 2011
After 19 March 2011 and before 20 September 2011
(3) However, if the amount worked out under subsection (2) is a negative amount, the amount of transitional accommodation supplement is taken to be $0.00.
6 Amount of transitional accommodation supplement for care recipients on pre-entry leave
(1) For the purposes of this section, a care recipient is on pre-entry leave in the circumstances described in subsection 42-3(3) of the Act.
(2) Notwithstanding section 5, for subsection 44-16(3) of the Act, the amount of the transitional accommodation supplement for a day on which the care recipient is on pre-entry leave is $0.00
1. All legislative instruments and compilations are registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments kept under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003. See http://www.comlaw.gov.au.