COmmonwealth of Australia
Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992
Seafarers rehabilitation and compensation (Prescribed Ship — Intra-State Trade) Declaration 2015 (No. 2)
I, Luke Hartsuyker, Assistant Minister for Employment, pursuant to section 3A of the Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1992 (‘the Act’), hereby declare:
(1) That the Seafarers Rehabilitation and Compensation (Prescribed Ship — Intra-State Trade) Declaration 2015 (F2015L00336), registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments on 25 March 2015, is repealed.
(2) That, subject to clause (3), a ship that would be covered by paragraph 10(c) of the Navigation Act 1912 and that would not be covered by paragraphs 10(a) or (b), if that Act had not been repealed, which is only engaged in intra-state trade is not a prescribed ship for the purposes of the Act.
(3) Clause (2) does not apply to a ship or vessel to which subsection 19(1A) of the Act applies.
(4) This declaration takes effect on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
(5) This declaration will sunset two years after the date on which it takes effect.
Dated 16 June 2015