DETERMINATION OF FISHING CAPACITY
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006
MACQUARIE ISLAND TOOTHFISH FISHERY
TOTAL ALLOWABLE CATCH DETERMINATION 2015
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY makes the following Determination pursuant to subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under section 11 of the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006.
Dated: 18 March 2015
In accordance with a decision taken to have been made without a meeting of the Commissioners under s25 of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991, this instrument is accepted on behalf of the Commission by:
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination 2015.
2. This Determination commences the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases as if it was revoked on 15 April 2016 unless earlier revoked.
4. The Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination 2014 (F2014L00445) is revoked from 15 April 2015.
5. A term used in this Determination that is defined for the purposes of the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006 has the same meaning in this Determination as it has in that Plan.
Note: Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
Determination of total allowable catch
6. The total allowable catch for Patagonian Toothfish and catch limits for other species in the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery for the 2015/2016 fishing year commencing on 15 April 2015 and ending on 14 April 2016 are:
Patagonian Toothfish (Dissostichus eleginoides) 460 tonnes
Singular catch limit for any one other species 50 tonnes