Article 1. Subject regulated by the Law
This Law regulates relations on preparation, organization and conduction of agricultural food (crop and livestock products) producer's census in the Republic of Armenia (hereinafter referred to as agricultural census), processing, summarizing, publishing, storing and use of derived results.
Article 2. Legislation on Agricultural Census
1. Relations raised in the field of Agricultural Census are regulated by the given Law, Law of the Republic of Armenia "On State Statistics" and other legal acts.
2. In case norms other than those envisaged by this law are defined by international contracts of the Republic of Armenia, then the norms of international contracts are applied.
Article 3. Objectives of Agricultural Census
The objectives of agricultural census are as follows:
1. collection of information on agriculture structure, agricultural land, machinery, constructions, available resources (human, material) and their use at the republican, regional (marz) and community level
2. formation of complete statistical data system on agriculture
3. formation of statistical register for agricultural holdings
4. ensuring comparability with international statistical data.
Article 4. Principal requirements to Agricultural Census
1. Agricultural census is conducted every ten years.
2. Resolution on conduction of the Agricultural Census that defines the date of the agricultural census conduction is adopted by the Government of the Republic of Armenia no later than one year before starting agricultural census.
3. Republican and marz commissions for Agricultural Census are created with the aim to support the preparation and conduction of agricultural census, staff of which is adopted by the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
4. Program and questionnaire of the Agricultural Census are approved by the Government of the Republic of Armenia. The questionnaire can't include questions not foreseen for the statistical purposes.
5. Documents of the Agricultural Census (questionnaire, organizational and instructive and other documents) are approved by the authorized state statistical body (hereinafter referred to as authorized body). Agricultural census data are used for statistical purposes only.
6. Agricultural census data are used for statistical purposes only.
7. State and local self-government bodies are responsible for organization of the Agricultural Census preparation and conduction in a proper level within their jurisdiction.
Article 5. Units of the Agricultural Census and their obligations
1. Agricultural census is obligatory for natural and legal persons producing agricultural food.
2. Natural and legal persons are obliged to give complete and comprehensive answers (information) to all the questions of the census questionnaire.
Article 6. Bodies conducting Agricultural Census and their obligations
The responsible for the Agricultural Census preparation, conduction, receiving and publishing of aggregated data is the authorized body that is obliged to ensure:
1. Impartiality and scientific grounds of the Agricultural Census program (questionnaire) and its conformity with the international norms and standards,
2. Publicity and accessibility of aggregated outputs derived from the processing of the agricultural census materials,
3. Confidentiality of initial (individual) data.
Article 7. Financing of Agricultural census
(1) Agricultural Census works are financed from the state budget of the Republic of Armenia.
(2) The budget of the costs for performing in time and fully all the measures related to the Agricultural Census preparation, conduction, processing of materials and publishing of derived outputs is approved by the Republic of Armenia.
Article 8. Liability for violation of the Law on Agricultural Census
1. Employees of the authorized body (hereinafter referred to as employees) disposing individual data on natural and legal persons are forbid to pass other person(s) the contents of the filled in agricultural census documents. In case of violation of the order for use of initial (individual) data of agricultural census, agricultural census employees bear responsibility in accordance with the order established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Judicial, court and other bodies may not use initial (individual) materials (including data) of Agricultural Census as evidence.
3. Refusals, not full and misrepresentation of data in the Agricultural Census incur responsibility in accordance with the order of the Law of the Republic of Armenia.
Article 9. The entry into force of the Law
This Law comes into force on the following tenth day of its official publication.
President of the Republic of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan