Mongoose Prohibition (Babuda) (CAP. 284 1
THE MONGOOSE PROHIBITION (BARBUDA) ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Importation of mongoose prohibited.
3. Power to seize and destroy mongoose.
4. Power to enter any place or premises and to destroy
MONGOOSE PROHIBITION (BARBUDA)
(26th February, 1903 .)
1. This Act may be cited as the Mongoose Prohibition Short
2. It shall not be lawful for any person to introduce t,",";:,":? of
into the Island of Barbuda any mongoose; and any person prohibited.
who introduces or attempts to introduce or is concerned in
introducing into the said Island of Barbuda any mongoose,
or who knowingly harbours or keeps any mongoose in the
said Island, shall be liable on conviction before a Magistrate
to be imprisoned for a period not exceeding six months, or
to pay a penalty not exceeding five thousand dollars.
3. Any mongoose brought to or found in the said f:,"';e:;r;;i~e
Island of Barbuda may be seized and destroyed by any ,o,gooae.
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
2 CAP. 284) Mongoose Prohibition (Barbuda)
Power to enter
any place or 4. If shall be lawful for the Secretary of the Barbuda
premises and to Council or for any Justice of the Peace, or police officer,
mongoose. or any person acting in aid or under the direction of the
Secretary, Justice of the Peace, or police officer to enter
during the day-time any place or premises, and to search
for, seize and destroy any mongoose found therein.