Crown Lands (Refulation) (CAP. 120 1
T H E CROWN LANDS (REGULATION) ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Crown Lands to vest in the Governor-General.
3. Governor-General may appoint Boards and Land
4. Crown Lands may be dealt with, &c.
5. Rules when published shall have the force of Law.
CROWN LANDS (REGULATION)
(1st June, 1917.) 511917.
1. This Act may be cited as the Crown Lands (Regula- Short title.
2. All lands either already acquired or which may Crown Lands to
vest in the
hereafter be acquired by the Government, and which shall Governor-
not at the coming into operation of this Act be otherwise General.
vested by law are hereby vested in the Governor-General
and shall be known as "Crown Lands".
3. (1) The Governor-General may appoint such Land 2 ; ~ ; F l
Board as he shall think fit for dealing with any Crown Lands, Boards and Land
and may appoint a Land Officer, for carrying out the Officers.
purposes of this Act.
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
2 CAP. 120) Crown Lands (Regulation)
(2) Members of the Board shall hold office during the
(3) The Governor-General may nominate a member
of the Board to be Chairman.
(4) Two members of the Board shall form a quorum.
may be dealt
4. It shall be lawful for the Cabinet to make regula-
with, &c. tions with respect to the terms and conditions on which
Crown Lands may be rented, leased, occupied, sold or other-
wise dealt with, and all such lands as aforesaid may be rented,
leased, occupied, sold or otherwise dealt with.
5 . All such regulations aforesaid and every amend-
have the force of ment or addition to the same shall be published in the Gazette,
law. and when so published shall have the force of law.
Penalty. 6. Any person in any way violating or contravening,
or failing to comply with any regulation made under and
by virtue of the provisions of this Act shall, on summary
conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding five hundred