Burial Grounds (CAP. 61 1
THE BURIAL GROUNDS ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Prohibition of burial in unlicensed ground.
3 . License of burial grounds.
4. Existing burial grounds.
(10th July, 1926.)
1. This Act may be cited as the Burial Grounds Act. Short title.
2. (1) NO person shall bury the dead in any place not burial Prohibition n of
being a licensed burial ground. unlicensed
(2) Any person who shall bury any body or in any wise
act or assist in the burial of any body in any place not being
a licensed burial ground, shall, for every such offence, be
liable on summary conviction to a penalty not exceeding one
3. (1) The Cabinet may by order license as a public k:;spf burial
or private burial ground any parcel of land, not being within
the limits of the City of Saint John's, which may be required
for that purpose.
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
2 CAP. 61) Burial Grounds
(2) The Cabinet may, by order published in the Gazette,
make alter or rescind regulations for the general government
of licensed burial grounds within the meaning of this Act.
(3) Any person who acts in contravention of any regula-
tion under this section shall be liable on summary convic-
tion to a penalty not exceeding two hundred and fifty dollars.
Existing burial 4. The cemeteries and burial grounds used as such
grounds. at the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be and
are hereby declared to be licensed burial grounds within the
meaning of this Act.