Bai l l f s Commission (CAP. 38 1
THE BAILIFF'S COMMISSION ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Commission of five per cent to be levied on arrears of
rates and taxes except land tax.
3. Commission to be in addition to any charge, percen-
tage or poundage.
1. This Act may be cited as the Bailiff's Commission Short title.
2. Where by any Act any arrears of rates or taxes, ~ ~ ' ' ~ e ~ s ~ : t O ~ o
save and except arrears of land tax payable under the Land be levied on
Tax Act, are to be levied by the ~ r o v o s t - ~ a r s h a l , and the : ~ ~ ~ x ~ ~ ::zpt
Provost-Marshal shall issue his precept to any bailiff direc- land tax.
ting him to levy the same there shall be raised, collected by
and paid to such bailiff as and for a remuneration for collec-
ting such rates or taxes a further sum or commission amoun-
ting to five per centum on every sum by such precept directed
to be levied, and the bailiff shall levy such percentage under
every such precept as if the same were included therein.
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
2 CAP. 38) Bail i fs Commission
be in addition to
3. The commission mentioned in the last preceding
,,, charge, section shall be in addition to any charge percentage or poun-
percentage Or dage prescribed or authorized by the Act imposing the rate
or tax to be levied.