The PRIME MINISTER'S DECISION On the operating mechanism of export-import in 1998 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ the PRIME MINISTER pursuant to the law the Government Organization on October 30, 1992;
Pursuant resolution No. 59/CP of the Government on 5 June 1997;
According to the recommendation of the Minister of Commerce, decision: article 1. Approved the list of imported goods in 1998: the list of prohibited goods, bans the imports (annex 1) the list of goods managed by quotas (annex 2) the list of goods import and export management (annex 3) the list of goods exports, imports are balanced with the production and domestic demand (annex 4).
Article 2. Import-export goods managed by quota.
a. for textiles export to the market quota rules of the water, follow the direction of the Prime Minister in writing the number 6228/KTTH on 05 December 1997.
b. Rice: approved export quotas in 1998 is 4 million tons.
The rice export in 1998 follow the decision of the Prime Minister.
On the basis of summarizing the export of rice in 1997, consolidation and innovation activities of the Association food Vietnam export import commercial affairs, Ministry of agriculture and rural development to further improve the mechanism and organized the export of rice. The Ministry of finance allocated with Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of agriculture and rural development to build the Foundation for the production and export of rice; the study established the "rice export trading centre". Allow some pilot milling Enterprise-rice processing in addition to quốcc and some farm fields, are eligible to be exported directly.
Article 3. Imported goods have balance with production and domestic demand: a) petrol (excluding oil): Ministry of Commerce, secured the 1998 entry about 7 million tons of petroleum products (not counting temporary re-export import section); Once delivered from the whole year target of petroleum imports for the business professional, including Petroleum Corporation to import about 60% of the demand.
Need to adjust the limit case of imports, the Ministry of planning and investment, the prime consideration, decision.
b) fertilisers: the minimum standards for approval of fertilizers imported types in 1998:1,600,000 tons of Urea Fertilizer 300,000 tons of DAP--250,000 tons of NPK Fertilizer-SA 350,000 tons of 240,000 tons of Potassium Fertilizers-the import of fertilizers in 1998 follow the decision of the Prime Minister.
c) for these types of materials or goods are met largely from domestic sources such as: construction, steel and cement types, writing paper, printing paper types, refined sugar, raw sugar, white glass building materials, Ministry of planning and investment, Ministry of finance, jointly chaired the production manager and the Department of Commerce determines the additional import demand and building rules the operating mechanism to implement from the beginning of February 1998, according to the principle: only imported parts and materials, goods, including categories, specifications in the country have not produced or produce not enough demand.
The types of materials in the country not yet in production, import demand and subject to the regulation by taxes.
Department of Commerce operating assurance import categories, specifications and quantities of materials, goods need to enter additional operating regulation of imports was Minister of unification;
The Ministry of planning and investment, Ministry of finance, jointly chaired the production manager and The commercial operator to handle specific issues, ensure the supply and demand of the market.
d) for steel and clinker, the business of business-production are imported according to the demand and production capacity.
Article 4. Import-export goods management: delivery of The relevant review of the list of goods exported, imported by the specialized management, issued in 1997, reduce the items it deems do not need limitations; building regulations export and import to United with the Department of Commerce and the Prime Commercial Affairs announced last March 1998 at the latest. The Customs base catalog import and export goods, specialized by the Ministry of Commerce announced to tackle the export and import procedure.
Article 5. Import commodities: consumer goods imports moderated by tax and the Bank's payment method: the business has a business license of import and export goods are imported according to the needs and close the import tax by law; repeal the provision of indicators and consumer goods import permits; private wine items, imported under the guidance of the Ministry of Commerce.
The Ministry of Commerce jointly chaired the Ministry of planning and investment, Ministry of finance, the State Bank of ... determine the category of consumer goods should be supplemented by tax and regulate the method of payment by the Bank to implement from the beginning of the year, towards the lowest restricted import commodities have not really necessary and domestic goods produced.
Article 6. The import of automotive and motorcycle type: a) for the raw types cars (except cars from 12 seats), businesses have a business license of import and export goods are imported according to the needs of production-business; abolition of the import license.
The Ministry of finance adjusted export tax tariffs for other types of trucks under 7 tons and passenger car under 60 seats to restrict imports of two categories of this car.
b) for cars traveling from 12 o sit back down and two types of motorcycle wheels: front yet car imports raw; the corporate Assembly of automotive production types and two-wheeled motor vehicles having foreign investment was imported to manufacture-Assembly in the correct investment licenses were granted and in accordance with the standard rules of the Ministry of science, technology and environment and the Ministry of transportation.
The base production plans-assembled cars and motorcycle types of enterprises, foreign-invested enterprises in the country have assembled production investment are two-wheeled vehicles with air IKD, Ministry of Commerce approved the plan to import the whole year and reported once to active enterprises ensure production planning and market passive.
Commercial Affairs chaired the same Ministry of planning and investment, Ministry of finance, Ministry of industry, the General Department of customs, the Ministry of science, technology and the environment issued a circular in February 1998 to implement the above provisions.
c) To ensure the type two-wheeled vehicles with regard to the type of motorcycle, while enterprises have invested overseas yet exert enough production capacity-the Assembly in 1998, to allow the businesses in the country have had the two-wheeled vehicle Assembly permits mounting your CKD format import 100,000 sets of CKD parts to assemble-motorcycle business types.
The base car assembly factory standard two-wheel motorcycle CKD diversity was the Ministry of industry with the Ministry of science, technology and the environment, The commercial import targets for the business once since January 1998 and informed the authorities know to run.
Article 7. The export of wood products and imported wood materials made by decision No. 1336/1997/QD-TTg dated 25 December 1997 by the Prime Minister.
For other types of supplies of goods other than goods category has been specified above, the import-export business according to the needs and direction of the Ministry of Commerce.
Article 8. Trade Minister issued specific guidance documents the implementation of this decision; coordinated with the ministries concerned to promote exports, operating under strict import to ensure Super entry level in the year does not exceed 20% of the turnover in 1998.
Article 9. This decision has effect from the date of signing to March 31, 1999. In the process of implementation, the Ministry of Commerce to track general comments the ministries, local, promptly reported the Prime Minister handles the problems and obstacles arise beyond the jurisdiction of the ministries.
Article 10. The Secretary of the Ministry, ministerial heads, heads of government agencies, the Chairman of the provincial people's Committee, central cities are responsible for the implementation of this decision.
APPENDIX 1 LIST of GOODS BANNED for EXPORT, all IMPORTS in 1998 (attached to decision No. 11/1998/QD-TTg dated 23 January 1998 of the Prime Minister) i. PROHIBITED ITEMS EXPORTED 1. Weapons, ammunition, explosives, military engineering equipment.
3. The types of drugs.
4. toxic chemicals.
5. Round timber, sawn timber, coal, firewood, peeling tunnel from wood or firewood, wood and forestry products produced from the Group IA and refined production boards from wood group IIA in dnah items attached to the decree dated 17 January 18, 1992; cloud song material.
6. Types of wild animals and rare plants, animals, nature.
II. PROHIBITED ITEMS IMPORTED 1. Weapons, ammunition, explosives, military engineering equipment.
2. The types of drugs.
3. toxic chemicals.
4. The types of cultural products, debauchery, reactionary.
5. types of Guns. Children's toys have adverse personality education, to secure social order.
6. Cigarettes (excluding personal baggage by weighing).
7. second-hand goods (except the scroll property including goods serve the needs of individuals in foreign body parts of countries, international organizations and personal baggage by weighing).
8. Cars and self propelled vehicles are right-hand drive types (including removable form).
9. Spare parts have over use of the kind of two-wheeled vehicles, cars and three-wheeled motorcycle; including the chassis mounted automotive used types.
Notes: 1. The exporter in the list above, in case there is a need for defence or other needs, will allow by the Prime Minister or the Minister for trade and customs procedures for resolution.
2. The prohibition of the export of fauna as required by the environmental protection Ministry of agriculture and rural development, Ministry of science, technology and environment instructions in writing.
3. Ministry of Commerce and the General Department of customs unification guidelines for implementing section II. 7.
4. The import of used equipment (including spare parts) other implementation under the guidance of the Ministry of science, technology and the environment.
ANNEX 2 MANAGEMENT CATEGORY QUOTA BẰMG 1998 (attached to decision No. 11/1998/QD-TTg dated 23 January 1998 of the Prime Minister) Rice EXPORTS textiles, garment exports to the EU, Canada, Norway, Turkey.
ANNEX 3 LIST of IMPORT and EXPORT GOODS UNDER SPECIALIZED MANAGEMENT (1) (attached to decision No. 11/1998/QD-TTg dated 23 January 1998 of the Prime Minister)
1. The category of minerals, chemical exports goods imported under the guidance of the Ministry of industry.
2. list of plant, animal, and the export of forest raw materials of drug production plant protection and animal health; Food and raw materials for feed production under the guidance of the Ministry of agriculture and rural development.
3. list of drugs, narcotics, chemicals and precursors mental direction. Some of the machinery, equipment, medical instruments, imported under the guidance of the Ministry of health.
4. list of rare aquatic life fisheries used as seed, food and medicines in aquaculture, export, imports under the guidance of the Ministry of fisheries.
5. wave generators, devices and wireless transmission; the type of switchboard, imported under the guidance of the General Department of post office.
6. cultural publications, works of art, state management, screen printing equipment, in particular, have recorded video program, export, imports under the guidance of the Ministry of culture-information.
7. equipment, specialized machinery, export-import bank under the guidance of the State Bank of Vietnam.
(1) a particular category the aforementioned goods made under Decree No. 95/CP on December 15, 1995 by the Government APPENDIX 4 LIST of goods IMPORTED HAVE BALANCE with PRODUCTION and DOMESTIC NEEDS (attached to decision No. 11/1998/QD-TTg dated 23 January 1998 of the Prime Minister) 1. Gasoline 2. Fertilizer 3. Steel construction of type 4. 5 types of cement. Writing paper, printing paper types 6. The glass building 7. Refined sugar, raw sugar raw materials 8. Alcohol./.