Decision on the approval of the development plan for education and training in the Mekong River Delta region to the year 2000 and the period 2001-2005 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ' the PRIME MINISTER pursuant to the law on Government Organization, 30 September 1992;
Pursuant to decision No. 12/1998/QD-TTg dated 5 January 1998 from the Prime Minister's approval of the master plan for socio-economic development in the Mekong Delta area Long from now to the year 2010;
Considering the recommendation of the Minister of education and training in the sheet number 5350/VP, on June 15, 1999 on the approval of the development plan for education and training in the Mekong River Delta region to the year 2000 and the 2001-2005 period, decisions: 1. Approval of the development plan for education and training in the Mekong River Delta region to the year 2000 and the period 2001-2005 with the following principal contents: 1. The name of the plan: the plan of developing education and training in the Mekong River Delta region to the year 2000 and 2001-2005.
2. plan administration: Ministry of education and training.
3. The goal of the plan: From 1999 to 2000 and in the period 2001-2005 the development of education and training in Mekong River Delta area are: 1. Attracting the grandchildren aged home/needs. Ensure children 5 years before kindergarten to primary school reach the rate of 60-75% in 2000 and about 80-90% in 2005.
2. The year 2000 all the Mekong Delta universal standard primary and illiterate, against re-illiterate, on the basis that continues to consolidate firmly the outcomes remove illiteracy and improve the quality of universal primary education.
3. Gradually implement universal junior secondary education in areas where conditions.
4. Development of the kind of career education. Striving to raise the rate of trained workers in the area reached 14.5% in 2000-13, 20-25% in 2005. 2000 each province has at least one vocational training schools, 30% of districts have the vocational Center, Center for continuing education, a vocational education center. The province is eligible, the established medical schools, schools of culture and sport.
5. development of the scale and improving the quality of undergraduate training, College. Raising the number of students on the 1 lakh population of up to 40 in 2000 and about 60-70 in 2005.
6. Strengthen the school network, the class. Step by step construction of the market according to national standards. Delete basic learning ca 3 in 2001, the school building solidly and semi-permanent reaching at least 60% by 2000, 80% by 2005.
7. Solve the basic needs of elementary teachers in 2002; middle school teacher and high school in 2005. Increase the scale of teacher training for Faculty of pedagogy University, technical schools and the local school. Striving to 2003 each Division of the school have at least 1-3 qualified officers. Raise the level of teachers in the school, vocational school level national standard in 2005.
Article 2. Implementation: delivery for the following agencies build specific plans and implementation to achieve the objectives of developing education and training in the Mekong River Delta region to the year 2000 and 2001-2005.
1. On building development planning education, training in the Mekong River Delta.
To base the development of education and training referred to in article 1 of this decision, the overall planning of social-economic development in the Mekong River Delta region until 2010, people's committees of provinces in the Mekong Delta region to build the education development plan-training of the province in the period 2001-2005.
The Ministry of education and training chaired and coordinated with local agencies, advocacy, the mass media in Central and local regularly provides information, advocacy, campaigning to raise awareness about the role, the effect of education and training in the strata in the locality and mobilize all social forces to participate in play development of education and training.
2. On the implementation of universal primary education and eradicating illiteracy: Ministry of education and training in directing, financial support from the target program for the province of Tra Vinh, Soc Trang, Kien Giang to slow in the year 2000 the province reaches standards of universal primary education and literacy.
3. About the University training and career education:-the Ministry of education and training with the ministries concerned and the province people's Committee in the construction project of the network of universities and colleges in the region, the Prime Minister in the fourth quarter of 1999; directing the construction of the project of establishing a University in An Giang, Vinh Long people founded universities, community colleges in Dong Thap, Tien Giang Province.
-The Ministry of education and training plans to increase intake for the province in the Mekong Delta; increase payroll lecturer, graduate level; investment in infrastructure and other conditions for University, Faculty of medicine and Faculty of priority education in order to meet training needs.
-Ministry of labour, invalids and Social Affairs in collaboration with the ministries, the people's Committee of the newly established Steering-related vocational training schools in the provinces of CA Mau, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh, Kien Giang Province. With regard to vocational training schools, professional secondary schools, the Ministry of labor, invalids and Social Affairs, the Ministry of education and training in directing, training, scaling an industry, focusing the trades tied to local economic development such as agriculture, fishery, food processing , food, rural electricity, farming machinery, shipbuilding, fishing boats, building, transport and traffic.
-The Ministry of education and training coordinated with the Ministry of labor, invalids and social construction of the project of developing the network of educational institutions and non-formal training such as vocational Center, Center for continuing education, vocational labour centre.
4. On building school facilities: committees of the provinces in the region have the responsibility to grant land to build schools according to planning, directing implementation of socialized education, train, motivate people to contribute their money and effort for the construction market, using the funds of the State from the target program , the foreign loan program and other sources in the local budget balance to build facilities for schools. The people's Committee of the province must spend about 30-40% of revenues are to leave under the provisions of local law on the State budget (agricultural use tax, transfer tax land use, collecting about lottery ...) to invest for public schools, delete ca 3.
-Provincial Committee in the area of building policy, mechanisms of mobilizing contributions from the people and the other sources of capital to invest in developing education and training especially to upgrade the school system, the local class.
5. On the issue of teachers and pedagogical: schools-Provincial Committee directing the sector continue to strengthen infrastructure for the College. In collaboration with the Organization-Government officials, the Ministry of education and training institutions surveyed the situation of teachers, build and implement recruitment plan, strengthening the teachers for these schools meet the needs of training.
-People's Committee the province of CA Mau, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh investment focus for the pedagogical high schools of the province to upgrade early this school into the College of education, undertakes the training of primary school teachers, local junior high school.
-The Ministry of education and training in steering training methods at the local high school class some to raise the level of teachers of the pedagogical school in the Mekong Delta region. There are plans to organize and mobilize the pedagogical school in the country, especially the University of Ho Chi Minh City pedagogical and Technical University in the German Capital to support the area's School of teacher education, middle, and high schools , vocational teachers.
-Organizing Committee-presided Government officials, in cooperation with the Ministry of education and training, relevant agencies and the people's Committee of the solution continues to use teachers to retirement age but also the capacity to work, health and volunteers continue to work.
6. On investment for education and training in the Mekong River Delta.
-The Ministry of planning and investment, coordinated with the Ministry of education and training, Ministry of labor, invalids and Social Affairs, the Ministry of finance further investment priority for education and training in the Mekong River Delta in the program – key investment plan of the State on education and training , the program of social-economic development; the construction plan of gradually increasing the ratio of investment for education-training in Mekong River Delta from 18% (1998) up to 20% in 2000 and about 22% of the total budget for education and training in the period 2001-2005.
7. preferential policy Committee-presided Government officials, in cooperation with the Ministry of education and training, Ministry of labor, invalids and Social Affairs, the Committee for ethnic minorities and mountainous areas, the Ministry of finance and the people's committees of the province priority policy proposals for the difficult subjects in the region.
Article 3. Affairs of the Ministry of education and training, and directing the implementation of the plan, report periodically on the situation Prime done.
Article 4. This decision has the effect after 15 days from the date of signing.
Article 5. The Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, heads of government agencies, the Chairman of people's Committee of the province in Mekong Delta region is responsible for the implementation of this decision.