Pursuant to the law on Atomic Energy 03 June 2008;
Pursuant to Decree No. 28/2008/ND-CP dated 14 March 2008 of the Government functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of science and technology;
The Minister of science and technology of safe shipping guide of radioactive materials, chapter I GENERAL PROVISIONS article 1. Scope 1. This circular instruction ensures the safe transport of radioactive materials, including design, manufacture, testing, packaging of radioactive package to transport stitch, preserved along the way as well as receiving in the last position of radioactive materials and radioactive package in normal conditions as well as the problem , to accidents.
This circular does not apply to the transport of: a) radioactive materials within the base conduct radiation without using public roads;
b) consumer goods containing radioactive substances allowed in distribution;
c) radioactive material which by its own activity is under the private activity for radioactive materials exemption or activity of activity limit for exempt consignments specified in columns 4 and 5 of table 1, table 2 Vietnam ISO standard 6867-1:2001 "radiation safety-safe transport of radioactive material-part 1 : General provisions "(TCVN 6867-1:2001);
d) radioactive material has been introduced into the human body, live animals for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment.
Article 2. The object that applies to this circular apply to organizations, individual participants and related to the operation of shipping radioactive materials in the form of solid, liquid and gas transport on road, rail, waterways and air.
Article 3. Explanation of terms In this circular, the terms below are interpreted as follows: 1. The unit of measurement in this circular was written off as specified in annex III of the circular.
2. A1 is the value used to determine the activity limits of special form radioactive material in the event of radioactive goods transport is allowed. A1 value specified in column 2 of table 1, table 2 TCVN 6867-1:2001.
3. A2 is the value used to determine the activity limits of radioactive materials is not a special form in the event of radioactive goods transport is allowed. The A2 value specified in column 3 of table 1, table 2 TCVN 6867-1:2001.
4. private activity of radioactive materials is the activity per unit mass of the material in which radioactive nuclei are evenly distributed. The unit is Bq/g.
5. Substances of low toxicity alpha is natural uranium, uranium, thorium, uranium 235, uranium, natural thorium 232, 238, ore or thorium 228 and thorium-containing ore crystals 230 or alpha release have a half-life of less than 10 days.
6. radioactive materials and low own activity (LSA's) is radioactive materials are essentially private activity or radioactive materials have lower average private activity than the limit specified in article 8 of this circular.
7. low dispersal radioactive material is radioactive materials in solid and not in the form of powder or solid radioactive materials was encased in sealed housings to limit dispersal.
8. Fissile material is uranium-233, uranium-235, plutonium-239, plutonium-241 or any mixture of them. Fissile material without including natural uranium, uranium has not been irradiated or just been irradiated in thermal reactors.
9. surface contaminated Object (SCO's) is solid, itself is not radioactive material but there is radioactive material sticking on the surface.
10. radioactive contamination is the presence of radioactive substances on surfaces with a weight greater than 0.4 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha or greater than 0.04 (Bq/cm2) for substances of other nuclei.
11. radioactive contamination do not hold is radioactive contamination of radioactive substances which have the ability to leave the surface during normal transport conditions.
12. hold radioactive contamination is radioactive contamination is not in the form prescribed in clause 11 of article 3 of this circular.
13. not irradiated Thorium is thorium containing not more than 10-7 (g) uranium 233 in 1 (g) thorium 232.
14. not irradiated Uranium is uranium containing not more than 2 x 103 (Bq) of plutonium, not more than 9 x 106 (Bq) fission products and not exceeding 5 x 10-3 (g) of uranium 236 counts for 1 (g) of uranium 235.
15. Natural uranium is uranium-99.28% mass composition of uranium 238 and 0.72% uranium-235.
16. Uranium is uranium containing uranium 235 smaller than 0.72% volume.
17. rich Uranium is uranium containing uranium 235 is greater than 0.72% volume.
18. The packaging is structured system includes the parts needed to completely enclosed radioactive materials against the harmful effects caused by radioactive materials and fit the characteristics of the radioactive materials are transported. Packaging can include one or more cartridges, absorbing materials, structured separates, radiation shielding and equipment for the loading, eject the empty, exhaust, reducing the pressure, used to do conditioning, reduce shocks, insulation, to move ... Packaging can be boxes, leaflet drops, and cisterns.
19. radioactive package (referred to as event) is composed of the packaging and the radioactive materials inside the package is prepared for shipping.
20. radioactive shipments (shipments) is one or more radioactive package is shipped in one shipment.
21. Truck is a type of packaging is designed to be easy for the carriage of goods by various means of transport without unloading or folded when converting transport. Intermodal container is characterized, for sure, be used multiple times and be assembled more parts needed to move a container from this media to other media easily. The small container size, outside is the largest 1.5 (m) or smaller in volume 3 (m3). Large container size is greater than a small truck.
22. Tec is a container in the form of boxes, Turkish was used in shipping to contain liquids, powders, granules, slurry or solid with not less than 450 litres (L) and contain a gas with a capacity not less than 1000 (L).
23. The design is the description of special form radioactive material, low dispersal radioactive materials, accessories or packaging allowing them can be identified correctly. The design includes technical characteristics, technical drawing, analysis prove conformity with regulations, national standards and other related regulations.
24. the transport index (TI's) is the index of the event or the cargo container containing radioactive materials used to control the process of irradiation to ensure safe transportation of radiation. Identifying TI is stipulated in article 23 of this circular.
25. the tipping safety index (denoted by CSI) is the index of the event or the cargo container containing fissile material in order to control the amount of fissile material and the sort of conditions in transit ensure that fissile material is always below critical levels. Specifying the CSI are stipulated in article 24 of this circular.
26. Un number (UN number denoted) is the four digit number group by the Council of experts on transport of dangerous goods of the United Nations regulations to identify a substance or a group of specific substances.
27. Exclusive use is the exclusive right to use a means of transport or a large container shipping party and the entire freight operation, unloading during transport must be done according to the instructions of the sender or the receiver.
28. Special approval is the approval by the competent authority allowing the application according to the instructions in the case of the transport of radioactive package does not meet fully the provisions of this circular.
Article 4. Plans to assure the Organization, individuals involved in the process of shipping radioactive materials to prepare and implement plans to ensure safety. This plan includes the following requirements: 1. The optimization measures to guarantee safety of radiation during the transport of stars for radiation dose (dose) of the individual must lower dose limits have been defined and there are measures to reduce the high doses, people were irradiated.
2. Have radiation protection for the individual, check the radioactive contamination of the event, event preparation areas, warehouse areas and means of transport, set up and test records retention.
3. Employees involved in the process of shipping must be trained in radiation safety at the facility are allowed training, knowledgeable fire rules, fire and transport safety regulation of radioactive materials.
4. radioactive package must be isolated from the staff and the public. Isolation distances are calculated based on dose limits are as follows: a) for employees shipping, unloading, packing: 5 (mSv/y);
b) with respect to the public through the back area with radioactive material: 1 (mSv/y).
5. radioactive package must be separated from the film not yet washed. The basis for the calculation of the distance in quarantine is the dose limit: 0.1 (mSv/shipment of film).
Article 5. Plans to ensure the security of the Organization, individuals involved in the operation of shipping radioactive materials to prepare and implement plans to ensure security under the guidance of the Ministry of science and technology.
Article 6. Incident response plan when shipping organizations, individuals involved in the operation of shipping radioactive materials to prepare and implement incident response plan base level under the guidance of the Ministry of science and technology.
Article 7. Quality assurance organization, individuals involved in transport activities must prepare and implement a quality assurance program under the guidance of the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety.
Chapter II CLASSIFICATION of RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS and RADIOACTIVE PACKAGE category 1 CLASSIFICATION of RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL in article 8. Radioactive materials in a private low activity radioactive materials activity low: private LSA-I, LSA-II and LSA-III.
1. LSA-I include: a) uranium ore or thorium ore, refined ores, and other ores containing naturally radioactive nuclei are used to produce radioactive nuclei;
b) natural uranium, uranium, natural thorium, compounds or mixtures with conditions and irradiation in solid or liquid form;
c) radioactive material for which the A2 value is not restricted except for fissile material are not exempt as specified in clause 1 article 12 this circular;
d) radioactive material for which activity is evenly distributed and the average private activity does not exceed 30 times the values activity concentration specified in Column 4 of table 1 and Table 4, Column 2 TCVN 6867-1:2001 except for fissile material are not exempt as specified in clause 1 article 12 of this circular.
2. LSA-II: a) water with tritium concentration up to 0.8 (TBq/L);
b) other radioactive material in which activity is evenly distributed and the average private activity does not exceed 10-4 A2 (TBq/g) solids, gases and 10-5 A2 (TBq/g) for liquids.
3. LSA-III: a) the radioactive material is distributed in the solid or radioactive materials are distributed in the curing agent (such as concrete, bitumen, ceramic, etc.);
b) slightly radioactive materials or radioactive material contained in packaging the less tan which in the case of packaging, the loss of radioactive material being melt by attrition when soaked in water for 7 days does not exceed 0.1 A2 (TBq);
c) solid radioactive materials have the average private activity (except for shielding materials) does not exceed 2 × 10-3 A2 (TBq/g).
Article 9. Material Material surface contamination of surface contamination include: SCO-I and SCO-II.
1. SCO-I is the solid has the following characteristics: a) of radioactive Dirt does not cling firmly on the surface can reach, taking the average over 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) not greater than 4 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha or not greater than 0.4 (Bq/cm2) for the alpha release substances;
b) radioactive Dirt kicking on the surface can reach, taking the average over 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) no larger than 4 x 104 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha or no larger than 4 x 103 (Bq/cm2) for the alpha release substances;
c) radioactive Dirt does not hold plus radioactive dirt kicking on the surface do not reach, taking on average 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) no larger than 4 x 104 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and substance of low toxicity alpha release , or 4 x 103 (Bq/cm2) for the substances of other nuclei.
2. SCO-II is solid might be radioactive dirt hold or do not hold the surface larger than the limits specified for SCO-I and have added the following features: a) of radioactive Dirt does not cling firmly on the surface of reach, taking the average over 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) not greater than 400 (Bq/cm2) for beta-release quality substances, Alpha and gamma low toxicity or 40 (Bq/cm2) for the alpha release substances;
b) hold radioactive Dirt on the surface of reach, taking the average over 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) no larger than 8 x 105 (Bq/cm2) for beta-emitting substances, substances and Alpha gamma low toxicity or no bigger than 8 x 104 (Bq/cm2) for the alpha release substances;
c) radioactive Dirt does not hold plus radioactive dirt kicking on the surface do not reach, taking on average 300 area (cm2) (or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2)) no larger than 8 x 105 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha or no bigger than 8 x 104 (Bq/cm2) for substances of other nuclei.
Article 10. Special form radioactive material 1. Special form radioactive material is solid radioactive material or be contained in a sealed casing not radioactive dispersal into the environment around. Hermetic casing constitutes the special form radioactive material produced can only be opened by destroying it. Special form radioactive material has at least one dimension not less than 5 (mm).
2. Design (if any) of the special form radioactive material must be competent national authorities have approved that design.
Article 11. Low dispersal radioactive material 1. Low dispersal radioactive material if the total amount of this radioactive material in the event of radiation dose in power have the distance (m) from radioactive materials not covered cannot exceed 10 (mSv/h);
2. Design (if any) of low dispersal radioactive materials must be national authorities have to design it and shipping materials to Nations, to go through approval.
Article 12. Fissile material 1. Event contains fissile material are classified as table 7, Appendix I unless they satisfy one of the following conditions: a) limit on the mass of fissile material in a shipment of size outside of each event is not less than 10 (cm): M1 is the mass of uranium-235 (g);
M2 is the mass of fissile material (g);
X and Y are the values specified in table 2, annex I;
and meet one of the following conditions: Each event contains not more than 15 (g) fissile material; Fissile material is hydrogen containing homogeneous or mixed rates of fission and multiply the hydrogen volume less than 5%; There are no more than 5 (g) of fissile material in any 10 (L) volume;
b) Uranium 235 enriched maximum 1% of the volume and with a total plutonium and uranium-233 volume not exceeding 1% of the mass of uranium-235 to fission that regulations are almost identical. The request cannot be stacked if uranium 235 in oxide form, or the form of lamellar calcium carbide;
c) aqueous uranyl nitrate in which uranium 235 enriched up to 2% in volume with the total plutonium and uranium-233 does not exceed 0.002% of the mass of uranium, and the ratio of nitrogen atoms on the uranium is 2;
d) In a shipment, the volume of plutonium no bigger than 20% of the volume and mass of fissile plutonium maximum is 1 (kg). Other cases with this Point, transportation must be used exclusively.
2. Event contains fissile material is not allowed to contain: a) the mass of fissile material different from the approved values for design;
b) radioactive Nuclei or other fissionable material with approvals for the design;
c) fissile material are shaped, physical status, chemistry or the arrangement of space other than the approved design for the event.
3. Designer sues containing fissile material must be national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Article 13. Uranium hexa-fluoride (UF6) 1. Uranium hexa-fluoride is classified as table 7, Appendix I and event contains uranium hexa-fluoride is not allowed to contain: a) the volume of UF6 differ in value are approved by the authority for the design;
b UF6 mass) is greater than the value that leads to less than 5% shrinkage in the maximum allowed temperature of the event;
c) UF6 not solids or inner pressure conditions greater than atmospheric pressure when first started shipping.
2. Design the event contains a volume greater than or equal to 0.1 (kg) of UF6 must be national authorities have approved that design. Design event contains a volume greater than or equal to 9,000 (kg) of UF6 must be national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Section 2 CLASSIFICATION of RADIOACTIVE PACKAGE article 14. Event waivers 1. Empty packaging that has contained radioactive material.
2. Event contains tools, articles or of radioactive material have activity not greater than the value specified in Table 1 in annex I to this circular.
3. Event contain articles manufactured from natural uranium, uranium or natural thorium.
4. Design of event waivers do not require national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Article 15. Industrial Events industry event is the event that contains the LSA and the SCO. The amount of radioactive material in the event is limited to activity for transport is not greater than the value specified in Table 4 in annex I to this circular. Event industry include: 1. Industrial type 1 (IP-1) contains: a) LSA-I solid;
b) LSA-I liquid transport, exclusive use;
2. Industrial type 2 (IP-2) contains: a) LSA-I liquid transportation not used exclusively;
b) LSA-II solids;
c) LSA-II liquid and gas transport of exclusive use;
d) LSA-III transport of exclusive use;
3. Industrial type 3 (IP-3) contained: a) LSA-II liquid and gas transport format not used exclusively;
b) LSA-III transport not used exclusively.
4. industrial designs do not require national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Article 16. Event type A 1. Event contains special form radioactive material activity not greater than A1 (TBq).
2. Event contains radioactive materials other than A2 activity (TBq).
3. Event contains a mixture of radioactive nuclei have identified name and activity, activity of the workers must satisfy: in which: (i) A1 is the A1 value of radioactive nucleus i;
A2 (j) is the A2 value of radioactive nuclei j;
B (i) is the activity of radioactive nuclei in a special form radioactive material;
C (j) is the activity of radioactive nuclei j in radioactive materials is not a special form.
4. The design of A kind of event do not require national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Article 17. Event type B 1. Event B does not contain: a) radioactive materials have greater activity of approved values for design;
b) other radioactive Nuclei with approval for the design;
c) radioactive materials have shape, physical or chemical state different from the approval for design event.
2. If the type of event B is transported by air, they must follow the provisions in clause 1 of this article and the following conditions: a) Event contains special form radioactive material: activity not greater than 3000 A1 (TBq) or 100,000 A2 (TBq);
b) Event contains radioactive materials: activity not greater than 3000 A2 (TBq).
3. Event Type B consists of two type B (U) and B (M): a) designed event type B (U) must be approved by the national authorities have to design it. The event type B (U) containing fissile material or low dispersal radioactive materials, the design must be approved by the national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through.
b) design event type B (M) must be approved by the national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through.
Article 18. Event class C 1. Sue C type cannot contain: a) radioactive materials have greater activity of approved values for design;
b) other radioactive Nuclei with approval for the design;
c) radioactive materials have shape, physical or chemical state different from the approval for design event.
2. event type C must be national authorities have approved that design. The event class C contains fissile material, the design must be national authorities have to design it and countries where conditions up to, go through approval.
Chapter III RULES FOR TRANSPORT of article 19. Required before shipping 1. Ensure the event used must meet the relevant requirements specified in this circular.
2. For the event has been approved by the authorities and certification, must meet the requirements specified in the certificate.
3. for special form radioactive material and low dispersal radioactive materials have been approved by the competent authority must meet the requirements specified in the certificate.
4. As for the conditions of type B (U), B (M) and C be sure to keep in steady state temperature and pressure the new transport conducted, unless this requirement has been waived by the competent authority approval of the design that allows.
5. Event Type B (U), B (M), C and event contains fissile material must be tested before shipping ensure does not happen radiation leak outside.
Article 20. Other goods transport 1. The package does not contain other objects, in addition to the material required for the use of radioactive material and ensure it does not affect the safety of the event.
2. where the use of a container used to transport radioactive material to store temporary or other cargo to purge a container to the level of radiation is lower than 0.4 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha or 0.04 (Bq/cm2) for the substances of other nuclei.
3. In the course of carriage, the conditions must be separated with the food, products and other dangerous goods.
Article 21. Radioactive contamination control 1. Radioactive not kicking dirt on the surface of the events shall not exceed the following limits: .2A) 4 (Bq/cm2) for beta gama substances, substances and low toxicity alpha;
b) 0.4 (Bq/cm2) for the substances of other nuclei.
The limit values are average on 300 area (cm2) or the entire area of the surface if less than 300 (cm2).
2. radioactive contamination do not hang on the external surface, inside of the packaging, container, cisterns and transport are not exceeding the limit specified in paragraph 1 of this article.
3. The event of damage or radiation leak or suspicious (likely) damage or radiation leak, need insulated and zoned the area contaminated with radiation. Conduct reviews of radioactive contamination for the event, transport, unloading area. If necessary, conduct reviews of radioactive contamination for all other objects are transported on the same vehicle.
Event of damage or leakage of radioactivity exceeded the limits prescribed in article 21, article 22 this circular must be moved to the appropriate location to repair radiation until removal, restore initial conditions are continuing.
4. Vehicles, equipment for use in shipping must be checked to determine the level of radioactive contamination. The frequency of inspection depends on the level of use, but not less than 1 time in 1 year.
Vehicles, equipment used in the transportation of the radioactive contamination exceeds the limits specified in paragraph 1 of this article or the capacity of the dose of radiation at the surface is greater than 5 (mSv/h) must be purged and only use back when warrant not exceeding the limits specified in paragraph 1 of this article and the capacity of radiation doses surfaces no larger than 5 (mSv/h).
5. in exclusive use, does not require application of the provisions of paragraph 1 and paragraph 4 of this Article with respect to controlling surface contamination inside the cargo container, cisterns and the transport of radioactive materials is not packaged.
Article 22. Conditions of radiation dose in the capacity to transport 1. As for the conditions of exemption, the radiation dose performance in surface condition no larger than 5 (mSv/h).
2. With regard to the type of event, capping the dose of radiation on the surface of the events is not greater than 2 (mSv/h).
3. With respect to equipment or packaging not items, radiation dose performance in addition to hand ways point 10 (cm) is not greater than 0.1 (mSv/h).
4. for LSA or SCO contained in each industrial type IP-1, IP-2 or IP-3, capping the dose at a point 3 (m) from LSA or SCO when no shielding is not greater than 10 (mSv/h).
5. for transport of exclusive use: a) by road or rail: radiation dose performance on the outer surface of each event can be greater than 2 (mSv/h) but not greater than 10 (mSv/h) when it meets the conditions of transport are protected or are enclosed to during transport except people are allowed, then no one can reach the inside part enclosed; Reinforced to ensure event in fixed position inside the means of transport during transport; Conditions of guarantee are not added, disassembled in shipping time;
b) by air or waterways: radiation dose performance on the outer surface of each event is not greater than 2 (mSv/h). The case is greater than this level, compulsory is not greater than 10 (mSv/h), and should be allowed by the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety (Department of science and technology).
6. for transport, intermodal container or container capacity of radiation dose in any point on the vehicle (including the top and under the car) is not greater than 2 (mSv/h) and the radiation dose performance in addition to surface way of transport 2 (m) is not greater than 0.1 (mSv/h).
7. In the position the person sitting on the transport, radiation dose performance should not exceed 0.02 (mSv/h) if these people were not shielding radiation.
Article 23. Determine the transport index (TI) and TI was allowed 1. TI for every event, or a container for LSA-I material or an SCO-I do not close event is determined as follows: a) for events containing the radioactive material is not fissionable material, the maximum radiation dose performance measurement (unit of measure is mSv/h) at a distance of 1 (m) from the outer surface of the event. The value has to be multiplied by 100 and the number received is TI;
b) for events containing fissile material, capping the maximum radiation doses at a distance of 1 (m) from the outer surface of valuable facts as follows: 0.4 (mSv/h) for iron ore and copper ore can of uranium and thorium; 0.3 (mSv/h) for essential can of thorium ore; 0.02 (mSv/h) for essential uranium ore of uranium chemistry can except fluoride hexa. This value is multiplied by 100 and the number received is TI;
c) for intermodal container and LSA-I material and SCO-I do not close event, capping the maximum radiation dose measurement (unit of measure is mSv/h) at a distance of 1 (m) from the surface outside the container or LSA-I material and SCO-I. The measured value is multiplied respectively specified in table 5 appendix I to this circular and the number received is TI;
d) value TI get in point a, b and c of Paragraph 1 of this article are rounded up to the first decimal digit (e.g. 1.13 into 1.2), except the value equal to or less than 0.05 were considered equal to 0.
2. TI for a container or means of transport containing many conditions are determined by the total of all the events from TI or by direct radiation dose performance as specified in paragraph 1 of this article.
3. Regulations on TI are allowed: a) TI of each event are not larger than 10 except transport of exclusive use;
b) TI for a container or means of transport of non-exclusive use are defined in Table 8 Annex I to this circular;
c) for transporting LSA-I material, not regulated limit of TI;
d) for exclusive use, not limited rules of TI.
Article 24. Identify tipping safety index (CSI) and CSI are allowed to transport 1. CSI for events containing fissile material is determined by dividing by 50 to N, where N is the smaller value is calculated in the two following conditions: a) In normal transport conditions, "N" is determined by taking five times "N" condition with the condition sort and pack accessories allows the produce maximum nơtrôn the following guaranteed under the tipping : no separates between the event and arranged events to all sides is reflected by the wall thickness of at least 20 cm of water;
b) in terms of shipping the crash assumed, "N" is determined by taking two times "N" condition with the condition sort and pack accessories allows the produce maximum nơtrôn the following guaranteed under the tipping: with high hydrogen-containing slow between the event and the arrangement to all sides is reflected by the wall of water at least 20 thickness (cm).
2. CSI for packaging, shipping container contains multiple event is determined by the total of all the CSI event. CSI of packing, container load to zero i.e. number of events under the tipping without restriction in packaging, container load.
3. Regulations on CSI is allowed to transport: a) the CSI of the event, the packaging and container not larger than 50 except transport of exclusive use. The shipment contains multiple parts, truck needs to be sorted, stored into each group. The distance between the groups should ensure at least 6 (m);
b) Of CSI of intermodal container or means of transport of exclusive use and not use exclusively specified in Table 9 Appendix I to this circular.
Article 25. Mark the event 1. The exterior packaging of the event must specify the following information: a) the sender's name and the recipient;
b) UN code as specified in table 7 Appendix I to this circular;
c) mass of the event if greater than 50 (kg);
d) symbols match event design group: for the record industry lawsuits: IP-1, IP-2, IP-3 (IF for events containing fissile material); For the record: class A class A condition (for the AF event contains fissile material); As for the conditions of type B Note: Type B (U) or type B (M) (B (U) F or B (M) F for events containing fissile material); For event class C record: Type C (CF for events containing fissile material);
DD) for event type B (U), type B (M) and the type C surface radiation warning signs prescribed in Figure 1 annex II to this circular. This sign must be embossed or stamped, durable with fire, with water.
2. for LSA-I material or an SCO-I had the radioactive contamination of surfaces is not greater than 10 times the rate prescribed in clause 9 of article 3 of this circular should use exclusively, and the outer surface of the container or packaging materials must be clearly stated: "RADIOACTIVE LSA-I" or "RADIOACTIVE SCO-I".
3. The event is imported or exported, the words are Vietnamese or interpretation.
Article 26. Labeled on the event 1. The event class to be labeled in accordance with the conditions specified in Table 6 in annex I to this circular and according to the following principles: a) If TI meet the conditions for this class but the capping surface radiation doses to meet the conditions for the other class, the event will rank higher;
b) Event must be labelled accordingly with its class;
c) of class Labels are defined in Figure 2, Figure 3 and Figure 4 in annex II to this circular. Event contains fissile material have more labels are defined in Figure 6 Appendix II of this circular;
d) event that is imported or exported, content labels are written in Vietnamese or English.
2. A label is not related to the content inside of the event must be peeling or hidden.
3. exemption packaging Event doesn't need labeled. Other packaging accessories must be labelled on two opposite side outside the event, packaging. For a container or tec, labels are pasted in the four outer surface. For large container, is labelled size large as specified in Figure 5 annex II to this circular next to the label specified in Figure 2, Figure 3 and Figure 4 in annex II to this circular.
4. The label should contain the following information: a) radiation worker Name (using notation as table 1 TCVN 6867-1:2001) except for LSA-I. If the mixture of radioactive nuclei is: name of radioactive nuclei needed attention for must be written in the label. For LSA-I just write "LSA-I" is sufficient;
b) activity: the maximum activity of the radioactive nucleus, the unit is Bq with the appropriate prefix (kBq, MBq...). For fissile material, the recording volume; Unit is g;
c) TI: not required for I-WHITE labels. For fissile material, write more CSI.
Article 27. The warning label on a container or means of transport 1. Intermodal container or tec contains event is not immune to lawsuits brought by four yellow warning label as specified in Figure 5 annex II to this circular. The event that is imported or exported, from "RADIOACTIVE" may be written in English. Warning labels are attached in each vertical edge and surface into a container or tec ... can label as specified in Figure 2, Figure 3 and Figure 4 in annex II to this circular with the minimum size as Figure 5 annex II to this circular instead of label warnings.
2. Transport of radioactive material must be mounted three yellow label as specified in Figure 5 annex II to this circular in two sides and back of the means of transport.
3. A container or tec LSA type shipments containing-I or SCO-I, no event or the shipment of radioactive materials are closed events, exclusive use, must be added in the lower half of the label (Figure 5 annex II to this circular) UN code (table 7 Appendix I to this circular) with black numerals , height not less than 65 (mm).
Article 28. Insulated when shipping and warehousing transit 1. During transport and storage, transfer, cargo container containing radioactive materials must be separated from the: a) position there and there are movies not yet washed in compliance with prescribed in clause 4 and Clause 5 article 4 this circular;
b) other dangerous goods: flammable, explosive, toxic.
2. Event or class II in the shipments-yellow, III-yellow not to in the cabin unless the cavity is reserved for people with special permission.
3. for transport of fissile material when storage, group event or a container has 50 value must be beyond CSI within a minimum of 6 (m).
4. The carrier shall be responsible for ensuring the necessary isolation is maintained during transport and storage.
Article 29. Arrange events when transporting and storage transfer 1. Ensuring the safe and sure to not move, not being flip, ...
2. Ensure the average heat flux over the surface of the event do not exceed 15 (W/m2).
3. The substance into a container or means of transport so that the capacity of the surface radiation dose, TI and CSI does not exceed the values specified in the terms of Article 6, paragraph 3, Article 22, 23 and paragraph 3 article 24 of this circular.
Article 30. Regulations for the transport of empty packaging empty packaging have ever contained radioactive materials are transported as the shipping conditions of exemption with the following conditions: 1. The empty packaging preserved and guaranteed tightness.
2. The packaging is uranium or thorium must be wrapped with metal casing or other solid materials.
3. The level of radioactive contamination do not hang on the inside of the packaging cannot be greater than 100 times the levels specified in point a of paragraph 1 article 9 of this circular.
4. The label used as a rule must be covered or peeling away.
Article 31. Regulations for the carriage by road of organizations, individual participants and related to the transport of radioactive material by road in addition to implementing the General provisions from Article 29 to article 19 have to implement the following provisions: 1. Only use cars for transportation of radioactive materials. Car shipping radioactive materials must have high safety.
2. Prohibition of the carriage of passengers in cars radioactive cargo unless carrying the event waiver.
3. Mandatory Convertible car when used to transport water repellent easy.
4. Not used vehicles with trailers to transport radioactive materials.
5. The vehicle must be labeled as stipulated in article 27 of this circular and the sender must be responsible for correct labeling.
6. When parking must be protected unless people performance radiation doses at all points of the vehicle is lower than 5 (mSv/h) and internal conditions must be locked so nobody can get the facts out. Have to Park away from the populated place 50 (m) except for unloading at the warehouse.
7. vehicle operator must have a certificate of training about radiation safety training, troubleshooting on road transport and equipped with appropriate dose measuring device. If the driver of a car does not meet the requirements on each shipment must have escorts (except shipping condition waivers). Escorts must meet the above requirements.
Article 32. Regulations for railway transportation organization, individual participants and related to the transport of radioactive material by rail in addition to implementing the General provisions from Article 29 to article 19 have to implement the following provisions: 1. Allowed radioactive transport by ship or cargo in trailers train passenger's luggage. Radioactive cargo wagons are covered when transporting easy waterproof.
2. radioactive cargo Wagons must be labeled as stipulated in article 27 of this circular in the outer sides of the prescription. Case no prescription into a container, carrying the label on the container is sufficient. The sender must be responsible for correct labeling.
3. When transport (except transport event exempt) must have escorts. Escorts must have safety training certificate in radiation, troubleshooting training on road transport and equipped with appropriate dose measuring device.
Article 33. Regulations for air transport organizations, individual participants and related to the transport of radioactive materials by air in addition to the implementation of the General provisions from Article 29 to article 19 have to implement the following provisions: event or a container containing radioactive materials have one of the following characteristics will not be transported by air : 1. Event Type B (M) in exclusive use.
2. Events of type B (M) which is in the process of shipping need external cooling parts or accessories containing flammable liquid materials.
3. Events have capacity bigger surface radiation dose (mSv/h) except with special approval.
Chapter IV RESPONSIBILITY of ENSURING RADIATION SAFETY Article 34. Responsible party send 1. The sender has the responsibility of ensuring radiation safety in shipping from sewn to check the packaging, packing, surface emission removal (if necessary), sealed, labeled to when given for shipping party. The sender must prepare under the provisions of this circular, the national technical standards and other regulations on the carriage of goods.
2. The sender must include shipping records with the following information: a) Name used in sending specified in Table 6 Annex I to this circular;
b classification codes) of the United Nations: "7";
c) UN code of radioactive materials as specified in table 7 Appendix I to this circular written after the word "UN";
d) the name or symbol multiplied; as for the mixture of radioactive nuclei is proper or common name list of radiation workers need the most attention;
DD) describe chemical and physical form of the radioactive material or just write "special form radioactive material", "low dispersal radioactive materials" respectively;
e) speed of radioactivity, Bq unit is the appropriate prefix (kBq, MBq...). The volume for fissile material, the unit is g;
g: Class) or I-white, II-yellow or III-yellow,;
h) TI (for II-yellow, III-yellow); CSI (for the transport of fissile material not under an exemption);
I) code by the national authorities of production levels in the certificate of approval (for special form radioactive material, low dispersal radioactive materials, special approval, design events);
k) for consignments including the event in the cargo container, detailing the content of each event inside a container. If the event is removed from a container at a point of intermediate unloading, need to get the appropriate shipping records;
l) If the shipment is transported using a monopoly to keep "EXCLUSIVE USE of the CONVEYANCE";
m) total activity of the consignment as a multiple of A2 for LSA-II, LSA-III, SCO-I, SCOII. For radioactive materials having the value A2 is not restricted, the activity value of radioactive material that would be 0.
3. The sender must guarantee the goods in the shipment and must be fully described, correctly, be classified, packing, marking, and labeling (in compliance with the conditions of carriage according to the provisions of current legislation and international regulations (if the shipment passed through another country). Specify day, month, year and sign it.
4. shipping Party should notify the carrier to perform the necessary requirements include a minimum of the following writing included in shipping records: a) The additional requirement of every sort, storage, loading and unloading events including the special storage to safely heat dispersion;
b) restrictions on the form of transport or transport and the necessary instructions on the carriage;
c) how to handle bad incidents, accidents with the shipment.
Article 35. The responsibility of the shipping party 1. In addition to the rules of the applicable freight, shipping party accepted only carriage when: a) has the full affidavit, certificate has been approved by the authorities, shipping license under the provisions of the law, help in shipping;
b) carefully checking facts, shipment, cargo container that matches the affidavit and in accordance with the provisions of this circular. The case uncovered what not true then has the right to refuse carriage, formed thereon and a copy sent to the stakeholders (the party, the party receiving the goods) and provincial authorities.
2. radiation safety assurance during shipping, storage, including the transit log read capacity of the dose in the shipping process.
3. Specific notice of the plan, the roadmap for transportation of radioactive materials and radiation safety Bureau and the Department of science and technology in local transport routes.
Article 36. The receiving party's responsibilities 1. In collaboration with the organizations, individuals, organizations, individuals receiving, shipping on time, quickly clearing the event out of place.
2. Join the remedial along with organizations, individuals when the incident occurred.
3. Immediately report for the organization or individual sending and the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety when goods received are not true to the contract of carriage on the types, quantities, conditions of signs are damaged, broken, leaking radioactivity.
Article 37. The responsibility of the party to keep radiation conditions in transit inventory 1. In cooperation with the shipping side, on the order of receiving, quickly clearing the radioactive package out of place.
2. Join the remedial together with the parties concerned when the incident occurred.
3. To immediately report to the Department of nuclear and radiation safety when detected the radioactive package signs are damaged, broken, leaking radioactivity; radioactive package has no recipients.
Article 38. Inspection, supervision and administration of Iý customs 1. Customs only open test event contains radioactive material when there is suspicion inside the event containing the illegal goods.
2. open The test event must have the participation of the representative of the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety and the representative of the Department of science and technology in local, at the place where the radiation safety and has the appropriate media for the radiation.
3. Event was open as a rule must be packed as before handing it back to the receiving party, party.
4. radioactive Cargo without the recipients must be informed and the Customs Agency, in coordination with the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety to handle.
Article 39. To resolve the issue, accidents in the transport of radioactive material 1. When a malfunction, accidents on road transportation, escorts or transport operators need to perform the following steps: a) immediately notify: agencies licensed to transport radioactive materials; police agencies and the Department of science and technology in the locality where the incident occurred, the accident; owners of means of transport; shippers; the receiving party;
b) Put the victim (if any) out away from the area of the crash, crash (in the direction of the wind) to conduct emergency and take them to the nearest medical facility;
c) test explosion risk review (if available) and find remedies;
d) separated the people from the area of the crash, crash from 50 (m) to 200 (m) and no protection for those who have no responsibility in this area.
2. When reports of the incident, the accident the stakeholders in art. 1 this is election officials immediately along with necessary equipment to the scene to handle, the remedial plan was intended before (as stipulated in article 6 of this circular). Depending on the level of incidents, accidents that have the following appropriate measures: a) established remedial team breakdown, accident;
b) radiation, zoned incident, accident to work process, restore original state;
c) radiation Removal the area of the crash, accident, transport, events, people, clothing, protective equipment;
d) check the water sources and food;
DD) protect the sewer system;
e) detection of irradiated people overdose to health monitor;
g) to find the cause and established records of incidents, accidents.
3. Immediately after the accident occurred, on the transport must report the details in writing about the accident sent the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety, the Department of science and technology and local police agencies.
4. When the loss of radioactive package discovery must immediately notify: a) the Bureau of radiation and nuclear safety;
b) local public security organs;
c) Department of science and technology in local;
d) shipping Party.
Shipping party should provide the necessary information on the Agency to search, recover lost event is easy.
5. Depending on the cause, severity and consequences of incidents, accidents, shipping, shipping side side must be responsible before the law.
Chapter V ENFORCEMENT PROVISIONS Article 40. Effect 1. This circular has the effect after 45 days from the date of signing and replacing circular No. 14/2003/TT-BKHCN on July 11, 2003 of the Ministry of science and technology to guide the ship of radioactive material.
2. During the implementation process if there are obstacles, suggest that the agencies, organizations, individuals in timely reflections on Science and technology for consideration of additional amendments.