CIRCULAR guide the labelling, health warnings printed on cigarette packaging _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ pursuant to the law, against the harmful effects of tobacco, number 09/2012/QH13 on June 18th, 2012;
Pursuant to Decree No. 89/2006/ND-CP on August 30, 2006 by the Government on the label of the goods;
Pursuant to Decree No. 63/2012/ND-CP on August 31, 2012 of the Government functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of health;
Pursuant to Decree No. 95/2012/ND-CP on November 12, 2012 of the Government functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of industry and trade;
The Minister of health, Minister of industry and Commerce issued a circular guiding the labelling, health warnings printed on cigarette packaging.
Article 1. Scope this circular guiding the label, in the health warnings on cigarette packaging are produced, imported for consumption in Vietnam.
Article 2. Explanation of terms is the cigarette packaging, cosmetic touch, the box containing the cigarettes and tobacco along with circulation.
Article 3. Requirements for labeling on cigarette packaging 1. The labelling on cigarette packaging must be done in accordance with the provisions of the law on prevention of the harmful effects of tobacco, the provisions of the law on trademark and the provisions of this circular.
2. tobacco Labels must show the following: a) the name of the goods;
b) name and address of the Organization, the individual responsible for the goods;
c) origin (for imported cigarettes);
d) quantify of goods;
e) stamping or printing code, bar code.
g) date of production; the expiration date is used.
3. tobacco Labels must be written in Vietnamese, not use the wording or form created for consumers misunderstand about the nature and impact of tobacco to health such as fewer pitches (low tar), light (light), super light (ultra light), mellow (mild) or from other terms mean, or how to understand the analogy makes consumers understand this little tobacco products have affect the health of more than other tobacco products, except for the word, phrase, on the part of the cigarette brands have been registered and the protection of intellectual property in Vietnam before the law on the prevention of the harmful effects of tobacco.
Article 4. Requirements for health warnings on cigarette packaging 1. Template: tobacco health warning is produced, imports for consumption in Vietnam are in the health warnings on packaging according to the form prescribed in the appendix attached to this circular. The health warning be sure to be in clarity and easier to see.
2. position in health: a health warning) must be printed on the front and back of the main hand main packaging cigarettes and make sure no hidden or obscured by any material, images, other information, except for the stamping of tobacco under the provisions of the law.
Cigarette cases have more health warnings, then packaging must be printed on all packaging as prescribed in this circular.
The case of cigarette packaging wrapper out there using the outer wrap is transparent, colorless and obscures health, except where bounded out there in the logo anti-counterfeiting, counterfeit goods of the registered business and intellectual property protection in Vietnam before the day this circular was issued.
b) health warnings must be printed in parallel with the edge of tobacco packaging.
3. The area in the health warning: the area in a health warning must occupy at least 50% of the area of each face to face before and after the main Administration on tobacco packaging.
4. The colour of the health warning: health warnings must be printed from 4 basic colors above, resolution when printing not be under 300 dpi (dot per inch).
5. Use the rotating health warning templates: a) Each type of tobacco products of a tobacco brand is printed on tobacco packaging warning template 01 one health provisions in the appendix attached to this circular. The tobacco products of a tobacco brand, different tobacco brands of a manufactured home must be in the form of various health warning. The case of a tobacco brand has over 10 categories of products, a manufacturer has over 6 to cigarette brands in the same time warning template 6 enough health.
b) health warning Template of each type of tobacco product must be changed periodically 2 years.
Article 5. Effect 1. This circular has effect from January 1, 2013.
2. the repealed regulations on labelling, health warnings printed on cigarette packaging in decision No. 02/2007/QD-BYT on Jan. 15, 2007 by the Minister of health with respect to the safety of tobacco products from the date of this circular effect.
Article 6. Transitional provisions 1. Tobacco products the form how software is produced, imports from May 1, 2013 for consumption in Vietnam are in the health warnings on cigarette packaging under the provisions of this circular and not later than 6 months from the date of this circular was issued.
2. Tobacco products hard cover format was produced, imported from May 1, 2013 for consumption in Vietnam are in the health warnings on cigarette packaging under the provisions of this circular and not later than 10 months from the date of this circular was issued.
3. The producers, imports of tobacco are responsible to declare the number of covers, cigarette boxes, cosmetic touch has been labeled, in a health warning under the provisions of the law before October 1, 2013 and reported the Ministry of health, Ministry of industry and trade to handle for each specific case.
Article 7. Responsibility 1. Organizations, domestic and foreign individuals involved in tobacco business activities in Vietnam are responsible for implementation of the labelling, health warnings in accordance with the provisions of this circular.
2. The delivery of medical examination and treatment administration, Industry Affairs Service responsible science and technology guide, organizations deploy and test the implementation of this circular.
3. the people's committees of provinces and cities under central Government directs the Director of the Department of health, the Director of the Department of industry and Trade Organization, deployment guidance and examine the implementation of this circular.
In the process, if there are concerns, organizations, personal reflections on the Ministry of health (treatment Administration), the Ministry of industry and trade (science technology) to research, resolve./.