Decide on the publication of the Vietnam seaports catalog _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ based on Government Organization Law of 25 December 2001;
The Vietnam maritime law base on June 14, 2005;
Pursuant to Decree No. 21/2012/NĐ-CP on March 21, 2012 of the Government on the management of ports and maritime flow;
According to the recommendation of the Minister of transport;
The Prime Minister issued a decision on the publication of the Vietnam seaports catalog, article 1. Scope and objects 1. This decision regulates the classification criteria and responsibilities announced Vietnam seaports catalog.
2. This decision applies to agencies, organizations, individuals related to the planning, construction and management, the exploit used Vietnam seaports.
3. This decision shall not apply to the classification of enterprise management, the exploitation of sea port in Vietnam.
Article 2. The purpose of the Vietnam seaports classification 1. Building mechanisms, policies, planning, seaport development plans promote the potential advantages, the conditions and the needs of socio-economic development of the country.
2. Organization of management, planning and investment to build and manage the exploitation of sea port in accordance with the development of the port system in Vietnam by 2020, orientation to 2030, the provisions of the law of Vietnam and international treaties, international maritime practices concerned.
3. Decide whether new construction or investment to upgrade, expand the port to meet the requirements of socio-economic development of the country.
4. Contribute to ensure security and defense hold Vietnam's sovereignty over the seas and Islands with suitable regulation of the law of Vietnam and the international treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a member.
5. other purposes consistent with economic, social development and national security, defense.
Article 3. The criteria and content of the Vietnam seaports classification 1. Vietnam seaports classification criteria include: a) the characteristics of the port, including the criteria in terms of area, population, type of municipality, economic zones, industrial parks, maritime services and transportation infrastructure connects to the port;
b) role, function and influence of the sea port for socio-economic development of the locality, region or country;
c) scale and the power of the port, including the criteria for the type of goods and the production of goods through the ports; the total length of the Harbor, the tonnage of ships receiving at the present time and under planning;
d) construction investment trends to sea port development focused, avoiding, in each province, central cities have only 1 ports as defined in Article 59 The Vietnam maritime law.
2. content classified Vietnam port a) port type I is especially important seaport serving primarily for social-economic development of the country or the region. For type I sea port is the port the gateway role or international transit port, serve for the social-economic development of the country as the port type IA;
b) type II port is an important seaport serving primarily for social-economic development of the region, local;
c) type III port is specialized sea ports serve primarily for the operation of the business.
Article 4. Responsible for implementation 1. The Ministry of transport of a) held up, announced the Vietnam seaports catalog according to the provisions of Decree No. 21/2012/NĐ-CP on March 21, 2012 of the Government on the management of ports and maritime flow and this decision;
b) announced the list of the Harbor Department of the Vietnam seaports at the suggestion of the Vietnam Maritime Bureau Chief in January of every year;
c) General, announced the list of ports has been the Prime Minister approves supplemental, but not yet updated on the development of the port in the first quarter of every year;
d) presided, in cooperation with the ministries and people's committees of provinces and cities under central organizations make governance about the planning, construction and management, exploitation, use ports match the provisions of this decision and the provisions of relevant laws.
2. The ministries and provincial people's committees, the central city in a) Ministry of natural resources and the environment, the people's committees of provinces and cities under central coordinated with the Department of transport implement procedures for land in the development of the port and the sea area for the Organization personal investment, construction and mining, using prescribed sea port;
b) the ministries and people's committees of provinces and cities under central organizations make governance of maritime operations at the port and the port waters; in collaboration with the Ministry of transportation management organization implementation of the planning, construction and exploitation, using the port in accordance with the law;
c) committees of the provinces, the central cities have the responsibility of ensuring the Land Fund, the region of the country to build the seaport development according to the approved plan.
Article 5. Effect 1. This decision has the effect since October 1 in 2014 and replaces decision No 16/2008/QD-TTg dated Jan. 28, 2008 by the Prime Minister on the published catalog of sea port in Vietnam.
2. the attached annex 3 to this decision, including: a) Annex i: seaports catalog type I and type II ports;
b) annex II: classification list of offshore oil and gas port;
c) Appendix III: table of evaluation criteria, classification of ports, harbors.
Article 6. The Organization made the Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, heads of government agencies, the Chairman of people's Committee of the central cities, is responsible for the implementation of this decision.