The DECISION rules of safety management in oil & gas operations _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ based on Government Organization Law of 25 December 2001;
Pursuant to the law of oil and gas on December 18, 2013;
According to the recommendation of the Minister of industry and trade, the Prime Minister issued decision rules of safety management in oil & gas operations chapter I GENERAL PROVISIONS article 1. Scope and objects 1. The decision rules of safety management in oil and gas activities, including: search, exploration, mine development, oil and gas extraction, clean up the mine, storing, transport, oil and gas, oil refining, petrochemical, oil and gas processing including technical services served directly for the activity to be conducted on land , the waters within the jurisdiction of the Socialist Republic Vietnam.
2. This decision applies to organizations, individuals and State regulators related to the petroleum activity conducted on the land, the waters within the jurisdiction of the Socialist Republic Vietnam.
Article 2. Explanation of terms In this decision, the terms below are interpreted as follows: 1. The work safety is conducting measures on the Organization and techniques aimed at preventing incidents, accidents to protect persons, environment and property.
2. petroleum works include the popular media, the equipment, the structure was built, equipped and installed fixed, temporarily on the land, the waters to serve the oil and gas activities.
3. the competent authority is the Industry, ministries and ministerial bodies, organs directly under the Government of the people's Committee, the provinces and cities under central and other agencies as prescribed by law or as authorized by the Government.
4. organizations and individuals who are executives, contractors, agencies, organizations, individuals and foreign countries operating in the petroleum activities.
5. The problem is that the event happens unintentionally, caused the accident or is likely to cause an accident.
6. Accidents and incidents is causing deadly consequences, missing, injuries, damage to property or the environment; affecting production activities in oil and gas works.
7. Risk is the combination of possibility (the frequency) of incidents, accidents and their consequences.
8. Risk assessment is the assessment of the potential risks on the basis of the level of risk is acceptable, and establish measures to minimize the risk to a reasonable level can be performed.
9. Risk analysis is the identification and classification of a systematic way of risks to people, property and the environment.
10. Conversion of works is changing features, textures, the use of the work.
Article 3. Common rules on the management of safety in the petroleum activities 1. The Organization, the individual must ensure all petroleum activities are performed in a secure manner according to the provisions of this decision and of the related laws, including in the case of organizations, individuals hiring the contractors to perform their work.
2. Workers must comply with the regulations, to ensure the process is safe for people, equipment and environmental protection.
Chapter II content, the LIABILITY of the ORGANIZATION, INDIVIDUALS ABOUT SECURITY MANAGEMENT article 4. Documentation about security management 1. The Organization, individuals are responsible for building the documentation about safety management: a) safety management program;
b) risk assessment reports;
c) emergency rescue plan.
2. the safety management program includes the following: a) the policies and the goals of safety;
b) organize the work, assigned responsibility for security;
c) safety training program; capacity requirements, qualifications and experience of the employee;
d) directory of the legal text, the national technical standards, national standards, regulations, international treaties to which Vietnam is a member or other criteria consistent with the oil and gas industry practices internationally accepted;
DD) reviews the compliance with the legislation include the requirement to follow the rules (the license, certificate of quality of technical safety and environmental protection...);
e) safety management contractors.
3. The report reviews the risk include the following: a) define the purpose and objectives of the risk assessment;
b) describe the activities, works;
c) identification, analysis, risk assessment and quantification;
d) measures to minimize risk. 4. Emergency rescue plan of the plan the emergency response must be based on the results of risk assessment reports, including the following: a) description and classification of emergency situations that can occur;
b) Organization, decentralization of responsibility, the responsibility of each individual, the reporting system in the event of incidents, accidents or hazardous situations appear;
c) process of rescue situations;
d) describes the internal and external resources available or will mobilize to effective response to emergency situations;
DD) contacts and information in emergency response with the internal parts and to report to the competent authority concerned;
e) training plan and emergency rescue rehearsal;
g) recovery of activity plans the work include the work of investigation, reviews the causes, consequences and raise to the level of safety of the works.
Emergency response plan must be consistent with the emergency response system of the National Committee of the incidents, natural disasters and search and rescue, and Vietnam oil and gas Corporation (for the units in the Vietnam oil and gas group, the joint venture of petroleum and petroleum contractors).
The Organization of petroleum activities, individuals can collaborate to build an emergency rescue plan.
5. The document set forth in paragraph 1 of this article must be built, send the superior authority (if any) review and process Industry approval before conducting petroleum operations, new construction, conversion, clean oil and gas works at the end or the end of the project.
For the oil and gas activity by Vietnam oil and gas group, units of the Group and the oil and gas contractors (Vietnam Petroleum Corporation is an oil and gas contracting parties) must prepare a document sent Vietnam oil and gas Corporation review before submission to Industry approval.
For organizations, individuals have the petroleum activities, prepare documents directly the Industry approves.
6. Approves the documentation for safety management a) request for proposal-text records approved by the heads of units (according to the model No. 1 of the appendix to this decision);
-03 (three) sets of documentation about safety management according to the provisions in clause 1 of this article (in Vietnamese) by the unit heads;
-Records are sent directly to the Ministry of industry and trade or by post.
b) Evaluation Board Industry decided to set up the Council of appraisal material on security management. The number of members of the Board depends on the characteristics, the nature and scale of the oil and gas operations, but must be minimum 7 people.
c) evaluation process-the Council of appraisal organizations consider the suitability, accuracy of content in the document. Where necessary, the Council may consider the reality in works;
-Establishment of the assessment meeting minutes (according to the model No. 2 of the appendix to this decision);
-Assessment meeting minutes base, Industry can submit to the Organization, the individual recommendations of approval requested edit, Supplement to clarify the content of the document (in the form of 3 of the appendix to this decision). In the text of the proposal stating the content should edit, Supplement;
-Establishment of evaluation results report and the Minister of industry and trade review, approval decision (according to the model No. 4 of the annex attached to this decision);
-Based reporting assessment results to the Minister of industry and trade approved the decision document (form No. 5 of the appendix to this decision).
d) time evaluation-evaluation time: 20 (twenty) working days since the day of Industry getting enough valid material;
-Time decision approved: 5 (five) working days after the results of the evaluation report.
Article 5. Safety management system 1. The Organization, the individual must build, maintain and develop safety management system ensures all petroleum activities have been planned, organized, implemented, maintained according to the requirements in this decision and the provisions of relevant laws.
2. the safety management system should ensure the control of the risk in the whole process from design, manufacture, construction, installation, testing, operation and cleaning works.
3. the safety management system must be updated regularly; the updated information should be disseminated to the relevant workers.
4. the main content of the safety management system, including: a) policy, the goals of safety, labor and environmental programs, plans to implement that goal;
b) catalog updated legal texts concerned;
c) specific requests to the wrong implementation of the legal provisions on safety and labor environment, including:-The operating procedures, troubleshooting and maintenance of buildings, machinery, equipment;
-Safety regulations; safety signage for lines, machines, equipment, supplies, chemicals, jobs that require strict about safe; document retention and management reports;
-Manage, test, testing, certification of the quality of technical safety and environment protection for buildings, machinery, equipment, dangerous chemicals as prescribed;
-Requirements for professional skills and experience match the job placement;
-Reviews the results of safety management programs and solutions that improve, enhance the quality of security management.
d) system of safe work organization: decentralization of responsibility, duties, reporting channels;
contractor management): the capacity of management, health, the environment of the contractor must be controlled to ensure conformity with the safety management system of the Organization, the individual;
e) any change of the Organization, techniques, technology and other requirements affecting the level of risk must be held, personal updates, reviews and controls to ensure the safety management system is ongoing, consistent.
Article 6. Risk management
1. organizations and individuals, ensuring all risks must be identified, analyzed, evaluated for all works, lines, machines, equipment, chemicals, hazardous materials.
2. risk management, including: a) qualitative risk assessment and quantification for the active phase of oil and gas, on that basis, implementing measures to control, reduce risks and demonstrate the risks lie in the level of acceptable risk according to national technical regulation issued by the Ministry of industry and trade;
b) the risk assessment report shall be updated periodically 5 year/times or when there are major changes, modifying about technology and organization, which aims to create the basis to make decisions related to safety in the petroleum activities;
c) Organization, the individual must identify the location, the particular conditions that have high risk need to be concerned about safety when conducting activities to mitigate the measures.
Article 7. Emergency rescue 1. The Organization, the individual must build and maintain emergency response system to the necessary response measures are conducted effectively in the event of incidents, accidents causing harm to people, the environment or property. Depending on the severity of the incident, the accident that the Organization, the individual must inform the competent authority according to the regulations.
2. The results of the risk assessment are used as input data to organize emergency rescue work.
3. Training and rehearsal to handle emergency situations in the work must be conducted regularly. Based risk assessment outcomes to determine the form and frequency of training. The result of the training, exercise should be evaluated and documented to improve emergency response plans.
4. Who first came to the work must be detailed instructions about emergency rescue organization, the equipment and the way out.
Article 8. Labor safety and labor market institutions, individuals have the responsibility: 1. To plan the annual safety according to the rules.
2. Fully equipped means of protection for workers and take measures to improve labor conditions in a systematic way.
3. Inform employees measured results, check out the labor environment and remedy for the position of monitoring parameters exceeded the standard.
4. Report the results of environmental monitoring of labor for the superior Management Agency (if any), the city, centrally located venue.
5. Meet the provisions of the law of Vietnam about labor market conditions, as well as international treaties to which Vietnam is a member in order to ensure the safety and health protection of workers.
Article 9. Worker health management organizations, individuals have the responsibility: 1. Health examinations for workers when recruiting new and periodically during the work to track health status, occupational diseases, ensure employees have appropriate health with work.
2. occupational disease discovery Examination for the laborers working in conditions of risk of occupational disease.
3. Establishment and store health records management, occupational diseases until the worker quitting, retiring or moving to other labor base.
Article 10. Management of chemicals and hazardous materials, individual organizations are responsible for: 1. Minimize the use of chemicals and hazardous materials when conducting petroleum operations.
2. Identify and control closely the chemicals, hazardous materials in use, storage, manufacture or handle at work, while ensuring to the people who perform the work related to the chemicals, hazardous materials training awareness of hazards skills, working safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
3. Set the vote materials, chemical safety and hazard response guide, the first aid equipment is suitable at work of the employees.
4. Preservation, transportation, use, destruction of the chemicals, hazardous materials and safety, comply with the relevant regulations.
5. Inform the public and the competent authority about the location, the time before conducting seismic activities that use of industrial explosives on land and in the sea near the shore.
Article 11. Qualification of workers organizations, individuals have the responsibility: 1. Sets out the requirements for qualifications and professional experience of the employees with respect to the location of the work in terms of the importance of safety.
2. Ensure workers safety training consistent with the assigned work.
Article 12. Safety training organization, the individual must ensure: 1. The person doing the work, the work safety management and employees are trained, tested for safety and granting (or Shared) safety training certification.
2. The training of safety be taken when recruiting (first) and periodically at least once a year.
3. the implementation content-building, management, training, examination and granting (or Shared) safety training certification.
4. Main content of training a) against the person doing the management-law regulations, regulations on fire safety and firefighting;
-The basic content on safety technical management in scope;
-Organization of management and implementation of the regulations on safety;
-The dangerous, harmful factors in production and preventive measures, eliminate and overcome;
-Emergency rescue plan.
b) for the person doing the work is safe-content as with the person doing the management;
-Organizing professional to perform safely at the base;
-Organizational and technical measures to ensure safety at work;
-Safety regulations for public buildings, conveyors, machines, equipment, chemicals, hazardous materials management domain;
-The use, storage, inspection equipment, vehicles, tools for working in the management scope (including fire protection equipment);
-Basic methods of emergency patient.
c) for workers training content must conform with the nature and degree of danger, work seniority, expertise and location of workers, including:-operating processes, troubleshooting, safety regulations for machinery, equipment, chemicals, hazardous materials within the work;
-How to recognize the dangerous, harmful factors in production and preventive measures, the exclusion, the redress;
-The use, storage, inspection equipment, vehicles, tools for working with suitable job positions (including fire equipment and fire);
-Basic methods of emergency patient;
-Emergency rescue procedures appropriate job placement and rescue, escape; using the rescue equipment and rescue in emergency situations.
5. training period a) first trainer-for the person doing the management, the training period of at least 12 (twelve) hours, including the time check;
-For the person doing the work, the training period of at least 16 (sixteen) hours, including the time check;
-For workers, a training period of at least 16 (sixteen) hours, including the time check.
b) periodic training: done periodically at least once a year. Training time by half the initial period of training.
c) review: coaching is done when the position changes, technology changes, when workers from six months or more, or when the check did not meet the requirements. A training period of at least 12 (twelve) hours, including the time check.
6. Coach: University level consistent with specialized training and have at least 5 years working experience in the majors.
Chapter III SAFETY of design, CONSTRUCTION of OIL and GAS article 13. General requirements 1. Oil and gas structures must be designed, built, built according to national standards, national technical regulation and the international treaties to which Vietnam is a Member; case, Vietnam technical standards, organizations, individuals conducting petroleum operations are applied petroleum industry practices internationally accepted General, ensure the following requirements: a) the safety of the technology;
b) safety of construction;
c) safe explosions;
d) Department and safe corridors;
DD) the provisions on the protection of the environment;
e) withstand the load expected during operation and when the problem;
g) did not create the problem lines from a single incident.
2. Before choosing design solutions for petroleum works, institutions, individuals must: a) given the overall idea about the operation, maintenance and repair during the operation;
b) determine the standards, technical standards will be applied to the construction works;
c) conduct reviews, to risk analysis as a basis for the selection of the design solution for the layout, select the parts and the whole project;
d) When designed to assess labor market to optimize environmental conditions during labor operation.
Article 14. Location of the work 1. The oil works to ensure the safe distance for other works, including the sea, maritime signal lights, high-voltage cable lines the cable line, the axis of the pipe system and information as specified.
2. petroleum works must be equipped with the necessary signal such as light, sound, color to the other transportation can easily recognize in the darkness or bad weather conditions.
3. for the oil and gas structures within the port or in maritime waters must comply with the rules of maritime law.
Article 15. Dangerous for partition works 1. Petroleum work must be divided into regions according to the level of risk. 2. The functional parts of the oil and gas works as "central control Rooms" must be positioned outside the danger zone. The case cannot be positioned outside the danger zone, there must be additional safety solutions to ensure the Department can work until the operator leaving the works.
3. House on the sea must be protected and isolated from the areas of drilling, extraction and processing of oil and gas.
Article 16. Safety equipment system
1. The system of drilling, extraction, processing, processing of oil and gas, including pipeline system, must be fitted with safety devices and emergency stop system (system safety devices). The system safety devices must be able to detect incidents or unusual work situation and must be able to prevent, minimize the damage that can occur.
2. system safety devices must be calibrated, check and rigorous maintenance to ensure availability of the activity.
3. Determine the location of the devices of the system safety devices are based on the risk assessment. The emergency valves need be arranged guaranteed maximum reduction of the consequences of the leak may occur.
Article 17. The oil works to escape exits and fully equipped rescue, rescue equipment, signage, signs to ensure the evacuation of people be safe according to regulation.
Article 18. Fire prevention and fire 1. Fire prevention and fire must be made according to the provisions of the law on fire and fire.
2. petroleum works must be designed, equipped with fire detection system, fire alarm, gas leaks, fire alarm systems and fire extinguishing systems suitable to the limit to lowest level possibility of fire incidents, explosions and the consequences of them.
Article 19. Construction 1. Oil and gas structures have to be built according to the approved design. All changes can affect the level of safety of the work than to design and be the Agency has approved the design approval.
2. Manufacturing, building and installation works of oil and gas must be tested, certified by the competent authority under the provisions of the law to assert conformance with national technical standards, national standards, the international treaties to which Vietnam is a member and the other standards consistent with international petroleum practices are accepted.
3. organizations and individuals must make quality management works under the provisions of the law.
4. organizations and individuals to ensure the fire safety and firefighting in the construction process.
Article 20. Put the work into operation 1. Before putting into operation, work organization, individuals should conduct trials.
2. for the oil and gas structures within the port or in maritime waters, before bringing the works to operate, using organizations and individuals to set up safe corridors around the works. This safe corridor must be directed by the maritime signalling fit and must be shown on the chart the waters of the port or area charts. Maritime safety corridors must be notified of maritime regulations.
3. Before testing, organizations, individuals should conduct the testing, testing, testing for each category of works and to ensure emergency response plans, fire prevention and firefighting is ready to be deployed according to the regulations.
4. During the test run, the Organization, the individual must adopt the measures intended to enhance the ready response promptly and effectively the incident, accidents can happen.
5. only works was put into operation after the test results, the test, inspection and safety content meet the requirements.
Chapter IV SAFETY of OPERATED OIL and GAS WORKS, article 21. General requirements 1. The Organization, the individual must build and maintain the necessary regulations to conduct petroleum activities safely.
2. During operation, the regulations must be strictly as well as review, correction, additional time or when there is a change in operating conditions.
Article 22. Operation management and maintenance of public works 1. Before operating the works, institutions, individuals must enact the operating processes, process troubleshooting and maintenance for machinery, equipment, works. This process must be disseminated, training for workers and kept at the work.
2. Before and during the process of operation, the Organization, the individual must examine, test, test equipment, air, works as specified. The emergency rescue equipment must be tested, tested to ensure operational availability in emergency situations.
3. organizations and individuals to conduct the repair and replacement of malfunctioning equipment in a timely manner on the work to ensure the safety of people, the environment and public works.
4. organizations and individuals must stop the operation if this activity can be dangerous to humans, the environment and public works.
Article 23. Contact information for oil and gas works there who work often have to be equipped with the devices fixed and mobile information to internal communications, communications with the Mainland, boats, aircraft during normal operations and in emergency situations any time.
Article 24. Drilling and well work on the 1. Before conducting drills and oil well operations, organizations, individuals must enact the guidelines for this activity. The instructions that must include the whole of the work, the processes, the problems of organization and assigned responsibilities.
2. Technical characteristics of the equipment for oil well maintenance operations, must be shown in the process of operation, maintenance and must accompany the work limit of the device.
3. The drilling operation, well operation must always be conducted safely and in accordance with the procedures set out. To adopt measures to prevent the eruption, escaping the substance out of the well.
Article 25. Close and cancel the well 1. When not yet or do not continue to use the wells, measures to close or cancel the well must be done according to the current rules.
2. When closing the well permanently, all the devices in the deep waters, does not affect the maritime and environmental activities is to back the international petroleum industry and accepted the regulations of the competent agencies in Vietnam.
3. When the recovery of the oil wells, not used explosives to cut the tubes fight. Special case, lets cut with specialized explosives after the competent management authority on explosives permits.
Article 26. Conversion works prior to conversion, to conduct the risk assessment and the labor market to choose alternatives to conversion. The conversion works not reduce the level of safety and the requirements for workplaces. The conversion works must comply with the national technical standards, national standards, the international treaties to which Vietnam is a member or other criteria consistent with the oil and gas industry practices internationally accepted.
Article 27. The diving operations and underwater activities 1. When conducting diving activities, organizations, individuals must ensure all diving activities are conducted safely and by people trained, have appropriate health implementation. In the course of conducting the activities diving, rescue aid is always ready for action.
2. Before proceeding to sea activities, organizations, individuals must prepare the plan, which describes the process of conducting the work, the equipment will be used and the safety measures will be applied.
Article 28. Transport of people and goods 1. The Organization, the individual must provide the means necessary and safe to transport people, goods.
2. Goods and equipment, raw materials must have clear marks to distinguish goods, equipment, materials and specify the information about the sender, the sender and the recipient where the recipient.
3. organizations and individuals have to search and recover lost merchandise if the merchandise that is capable of causing danger to other activities or pollute the environment, and inform the competent authority.
4. organizations and individuals must enact regulations on weather conditions allowed the transport of people and goods. Not allowed to use the basket to move people in offshore works in bad weather conditions.
Article 29. Licensed work 1. The Organization, the individual must enact the provisions granted in writing to the student job, work on high, in the limited space, out into the danger zone, the work in these positions can fall into the water and the other dangerous work, make sure to apply suitable measures and have constant supervision to avoid the problem , to accidents.
2. Before proceeding with the dangerous and complex tasks yet to be mentioned in the operational processes usually have to perform analysis, reviews the level of danger for the work and apply the appropriate safety measures.
Article 30. Direct ship 1. Offshore oil and gas structures have regular working person must have continuous direct ship and ensure timely response in emergency situations.
2. Organizations and individuals can use the online ship general coordination, should ensure the continuous direct and timely response in the event of an emergency.
Article 31. Department and the safe corridors 1. Safe zone around oil and gas structures have to be established and protected with the necessary measures.
2. the safety distance for drilling works, offshore mining is 500 (five hundred) m came out, measured from the outermost point of the works on all sides for fixed and works from the location of the anchor for the works.
3. for works on the Mainland include gas processing plants, petrochemical, refinery, pipeline, container and other items included, the scope of the safe and secure corridors, in accordance with the provisions of the law.
4. Within 2 (two) nautical miles from the outer point of the sea and from the two sides along the pipeline, the means, the boats are not anchored, except the vehicles serve directly for the oil and gas activities.
5. Prohibit no penetration and activity in the region, except in special cases by the competent management authority regulations.
Chapter V CHECK, INVESTIGATE and Report 32. Safety inspection 1. Ministry of industry and trade, in collaboration with relevant agencies to perform safety checks to organizations, individual oil and gas activities.
2. The establishment of the test Group and the work safety inspection is performed according to the procedures prescribed by law.
3. in case of the violation of the provisions of this decision, the test Group has the right to suspend temporarily the whole or part of the oil and gas activities of the Organization, individual. The test group to announce the temporary suspension and process recommendations with the competent management authority.
4. organizations and individuals have the responsibility to create favorable conditions to test the Task Group. Security test cases seaborne petroleum works, institutions, individuals are responsible for arranging transportation to and from, where to eat, stay on the sea for a group.
5. The organization, individuals are responsible for observance of full, timely conclusion to check and request redress.
6. organizations and individuals have the right to appeal for the conclusion of the test Group. While not yet concluded by the competent agencies, organizations, individuals must still approve the conclusion of the test Group.
Article 33. The investigation of incidents, accidents 1. The Organization, the individual conduct of petroleum operations are made declared, census, statistics, reporting of incidents, accidents as stipulated by the law.
2. On the basis of the investigation, the Organization, the individual must analyze, determine the causes of accidents, incidents, should give the remedy and precaution in order to avoid the occurrence of similar accidents, repeat.
Article 34. Report mode 1. The Organization, individuals are aggregated, statistics, save the document and the submission of the report under the provisions of this decision.
2. within the last 15 days of each quarter, the units in the Vietnam oil and gas group, the joint venture of petroleum and petroleum contractors must submit to the Vietnam oil and gas group reports related to the implementation of the document on the management of safety has been accepted and the problem situation , to accidents (if available). The report must assess the effectiveness of safety management and preventive measures to avoid the occurrence of similar accidents, incidents.
3. From November 15 to December 31 of every year, Vietnam oil and gas Corporation, the Organization, the individual oil and gas activities (except for the individual organization prescribed in clause 2 of this) must submit to the Ministry of industry and trade reported on safety management. The report, to assess the effectiveness of safety management and preventive measures to avoid the occurrence of similar accidents, incidents.
Chapter VI PROVISIONS Enacted 35. Implementation 1. Industry is responsible for a) presiding, in coordination with the ministries concerned and the people's committees of provinces and cities under central State management implementation of safety in the petroleum activities;
b) guide the implementation of this decision;
c) authorizations for the safe administration of the assessment organization to accept the materials regarding safety management according to the provisions in paragraph 6 article 4 of this Quýết;
d) check, handle complaints, violations, accusations about the safety in the petroleum activities.
2. Ministries, ministerial agencies and governmental bodies responsible within the scope of the task, their powers are responsible for coordinating with the Ministry of industry and trade to make state management on safety in petroleum operations in accordance with the law and this decision.
3. the people's committees of provinces and cities under central are responsible for implementing State management on safety in local oil and gas activities under the provisions of the law and this decision.
Article 36. Effect 1. This decision is effective from June 16, 2015 and replacing decision No. 41/1999/QD-TTg dated 8 March 1999 from the Prime Minister's regulation issued safety management in oil and gas activities.
2. Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, heads of government agencies, the Chairman of the provincial people's Committee, the central cities, heads of agencies, units and organizations and individuals relating to petroleum activities in Vietnam are responsible for the implementation of this decision.