Read the untranslated law here: http://minjust.gov.tm/ru/mmerkezi/doc_view.php?doc_id=15099
On the status of capital of Turkmenistan * translated from the official language of Turkmenistan.
This law determines the status of capital of Turkmenistan and establishes the legal, organizational and economic conditions for the exercise of the tasks of Turkmenistan's capital Ashgabat city.
CHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1. The capital of Turkmenistan 1. In accordance with the Constitution of Turkmenistan, capital of Turkmenistan is a town of Ashgabat (hereinafter also referred to as is the capital).
2. Capital is the political, economic, administrative, scientific and cultural center of Turkmenistan.
3. Capital is the location of the original text of the Constitution of Turkmenistan, the standards state flag and State emblem of Turkmenistan, which is stored in the residence of the President of Turkmenistan.
4. In the capital are the residence of the President of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen Parliament, Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan, ministries and departments of Turkmenistan, as well as diplomatic representatives, consular institutions of foreign States and international organizations in Turkmenistan.
Individual ministries and departments of Turkmenistan in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan may be outside the capital.
Article 2. The status of the capital status of the capital of Ashgabat city legal position resulting from the characteristics of the rights and duties of organs of State power in Turkmenistan, established by the present Law, the need to ensure the functioning of the organs, institutions and organizations referred to in article 1 of the fourth part of the present law, as well as providing additional safeguards for Ashgabat City State related to the objectives of the capital.
Article 3. Turkmen legislation on the status of capital of Turkmenistan Turkmen legislation on the status of capital of Turkmenistan is based on the Constitution and consists of this law and other normative legal acts of Turkmenistan.
Article 4. Territory and the suburban area of the capital of 1. The territory of the capital are land and water bodies within the borders of administrative-territorial units of Ashgabat city, installed and modify in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
2. Land outside the city limits, constituting a single capital social, natural and economic territory, constitute a suburban area of the capital, the size and boundaries of which shall be established and maintained in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
How to use the lands included in the Suburban zone is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
Article 5. Features of security and public order in the capital of 1. Meetings, rallies, demonstrations and other public events in the capital are carried out in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
2. in order to ensure the rule of law, security and public order in the capital, the appropriate conditions for the activities of State bodies, diplomatic missions, consular institutions of foreign States and international organizations which have their headquarters in the capital, normative legal acts of Turkmenistan may establish features of entrance to the capital, registration of citizens at the place of residence, movement of vehicles on the roads, sanitary-epidemiological measures.
Article 6. Competence of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan within the competence of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan include: 1) approval: a) the entrance to the capital, registration of citizens at the place of stay, as well as the movement of vehicles on the roads;
b) regulations for the carriage of passengers and goods by road in the capital;
ç) rules for physical and legal persons trading, hospitality, medical and other services in the capital;
2) submission for approval to the President of Turkmenistan of a master plan for the development and construction of the capital and suburban areas;
3) implementation of saturation of the consumer market of the capital goods, creating interest for agricultural producers and industrial companies in supplying products to the capital to ensure the regular traffic of other regions with the capital;
4) perform other tasks entrusted the legislation of Turkmenistan.
CHAPTER II. FEATURES of the HALK MASLAHATY and LOCAL AUTHORITY CAPITAL Article 7. Tasks of the Khalk Maslakhaty, and local capital
Objectives of the Khalk Maslakhaty, and local capital are:
1) creation of adequate conditions for the implementation of the activities of the President of Turkmenistan, Turkmenistan's Majlis, the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan, ministries and departments of Turkmenistan, as well as diplomatic missions, consular institutions of foreign States and international organizations in Turkmenistan;
2) creating conditions for the execution of the capital objectives for political, economic, administrative, scientific and cultural centre of Turkmenistan;
3) increasing opportunities, creation of conditions for sustainable development of the capital city;
4) development of the capital as a center of international relations;
5) creation of conditions for the Organization and conduct of national and international events;
6) providing public utilities, transport, health and other services to public bodies, diplomatic missions, consular institutions of foreign States and missions of international organizations in the capital;
7) performing other tasks entrusted the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Article 8. The powers of the Khalk Maslakhaty, and local capital 1. Along with the powers established by the legislation of Turkmenistan, the Khalk Maslakhaty, and hâkimlikam capital is granted authority, task-related capital.
2. The Khalk Maslakhaty capital in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan: 1) approve the rules of improvement and maintenance of the capital;
2) approve the rules of procedure and conditions for placement of outdoor advertising in the capital;
3) approves the sizes and order of provision of social assistance to needy categories of citizens;
4) establishes international contacts with the relevant authorities of other States;
5) carries out other tasks referred to his powers.
3. Hakimlik capital in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan: 1) carries out international cooperation on development of the capital;
2) is involved in issues of labour and employment of the population in the capital;
3) develops the size and procedure for the provision of social assistance to individual needy categories of citizens;
4) participates in the formulation of Government architecture, urban planning and construction policies carried out in the capital and suburban areas;
5) prepares documents relating to preliminary findings for the capital's Town Planning Board;
6) ensures the development of a master plan for the development and construction of the capital and suburban zones and make proposals for submission for approval by the President of Turkmenistan;
7) coordinates the implementation of the master plan for the development and construction of the capital, the integrated urban planning schemes of adjoining territories, are allocated to the suburban area of the capital approved in the prescribed manner;
8) arranges for construction, reconstruction and maintenance in the capital facilities necessary to ensure objectives of capital, monitors compliance with the terms of their design, construction and commissioning;
9) by decision of the President of Turkmenistan provides public authorities, as well as the diplomatic missions of foreign States and missions of international organizations in Turkmenistan, land, buildings, constructions, apartments and other premises, provides housing and other services;
10) by decision of the President of Turkmenistan carries out individual authority to use and disposition of buildings, structures and other objects of State authority and administration, located on the territory of the capital;
11) in accordance with the established procedure creates new conditions for the holding of national and international events in the capital;
12) coordinates activities in the area of the effective functioning of systems of heat, electricity, water, gas, sewerage and drainage, road activities, all kinds of metropolitan transport and communications, beautification, landscaping, cleaning, as well as engineering, operation and maintenance of the housing stock;
13) provides a unified architectural appearance giving the capital;
14) defines the list of multi-family housing, to be repaired, aimed at providing a unified architectural appearance of the capital, claims the rules of the Organization and carrying out of repair, as well as the rules of compensation to the owners of the premises or apartments of costs associated with the repair of these apartment buildings;
15) coordinates health care organizations providing medical services in the capital;
16) implements policy on development and functioning of the domestic trade and consumer services;
17) implements measures to ensure the unity and security of urban facilities, improvement and development of the capital;
18), in consultation with interested government bodies determines the scheme and order of movement of transit of road transport;
19) organizes the paid parking lot;
20) approves the list of streets in the capital, the rules of the Organization and use of the public car park (fee payable);
21) participates in the development and approval of tariffs applied by public transport;
22) participates in and oversees the implementation of automated systems for traffic management, operation of transport infrastructure, as well as cable duct and engineering infrastructure;
23) carries out other tasks referred to his powers.
Article 9. Especially he status of the capital Along with the powers established by the legislation of Turkmenistan, the Brazilian capital, within the limits of their competence: 1) represents the capital in relations with ministries and departments of Turkmenistan, international organizations and representatives of foreign States;
2) takes part in securing the conduct of activities in the capital, national and international nature;
3) introduced the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan draft normative legal acts and other proposals relating to the functioning and development of the capital;
4) performs a decision on the deployment in the capital of the State bodies, diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign States and international organizations;
5) agrees, in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan draft normative legal acts of Turkmenistan, directly affecting the capital;
6) exercise other powers in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Article 10. Architectural, town-planning and building activities in the capital of 1. In the capital the architectural, town-planning and construction activities should be carried out in accordance with the development plan and construction capital, town planning regulations and documentation, Government town planning regulations and rules and in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
2. the tasks of the architectural and urban planning in the capital are the formulation and definition of development directions of urban planning and construction in the capital.
3. for its consideration of and coordination of construction capital he capital Ordinance creates a town-planning Council of the capital.
The Town Planning Board of the capital is headed by Brazilian capital.
The composition of the Town Planning Board comprises representatives of the municipality's capital capital, heads of architecture, urban planning and construction, monitoring the State of urban regulations and rules in the capital. To the work of the Planning Council of the capital can be members of public associations and other persons.
4. Urban Council capital: 1) considers the architectural and urban projects in the capital and suburban areas;
2) considers and makes proposals on the architectural and artistic design of the capital;
3) develops proposals on maintaining careful person who resigned the harmonious and the historical appearance of the capital;
4) carries out other tasks in accordance with the regulations of the Urban Council capital.
The procedure for holding meetings of the Planning Council of the capital hâkimom capital is determined.
5. In order to ensure a unified architectural appearance capital hakimlik capital conducts technical survey of the multi-family housing stock.
Based on acts of technical surveys of hakimlik capital defines the list of homes to be repaired, aimed at making the capital a unified architectural appearance.
Article 11. Infrastructure capital capital Infrastructure includes: 1) engineering infrastructure;
2) transport infrastructure;
3) social infrastructure;
5) other objects and systems necessary for the functioning of the capital.
CHAPTER III. FINAL PROVISIONS Article 12. Material and financial support of capital associated with additional costs to achieve objectives of capital decisions of public bodies to ensure the city of Ashgabat challenges the capital and giving rise to additional costs should include the transfer of the relevant authorities of the capital required for this purpose, material and financial resources in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Article 13. The entry into force of this Act, this Act shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov mountains. Ashgabat, March 26, 2016 year no. 368-V.
Search Translated Laws of Turkmenistan