Read the untranslated law here: http://minjust.gov.tm/ru/mmerkezi/doc_view.php?doc_id=15123
On State awards of Turkmenistan * (new edition) this law establishes the State awards of merit for Turkmenistan Turkmenistan defines its legal status and the rights and responsibilities awarded State prizes of Turkmenistan.
Chapter i. General provisions article 1. State awards of Turkmenistan 1. State awards of Turkmenistan (hereinafter State Awards) is the highest form of recognition of the contribution to the protection and strengthening of the State and democratic society, the unity of the people, protection of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen, merit in the development of economy, science, culture, social services, social, humanitarian, charitable and other activities before the State and the people.
2. State Awards are established exclusively by the laws of Turkmenistan.
Article 2. The legislation of Turkmenistan on State awards the legislation of Turkmenistan on State Awards is based on the Constitution and consists of this law, as well as other normative legal acts of Turkmenistan to regulate social relations in this area.
Article 3. Types of State Awards 1. Types of State Awards are the highest degree of difference of Turkmenistan title "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany" orders, medals and honorary titles of Turkmenistan, which are awarded for services to the State and society.
The names of the State Awards are established in the State language.
2. The sequence of orders and medals of importance is established in the manner set out in this Act.
3. Commemorative, commemorative medals and other awards, established to commemorate important dates or events in the history of the State and society, as well as awards to the Government, ministries and departments, are special _ * translated from the official language of Turkmenistan.
view awards, awarding them does not entail the provision of benefits under the legislation of Turkmenistan for awarded State Awards.
Article 4. Statute and regulations on State Awards 1. The statutes and regulations on State awards identify the grounds for awarding, contain descriptions of State Awards, as well as establish the procedures for awarding, wearing State awards and other rules.
2. For Turkmenistan is approved its Statute and for medals and honorary title-provisions on them, as well as descriptions of the orders, medals and badges to the honorary titles are approved by the law of Turkmenistan on the establishment of these national awards or a decision taken by the Majlis of Turkmenistan.
3. Purpose for which are established by State Awards, requirements for selection of worthy individuals, premiums, surcharges, discounts and other incentives provided to award their persons specified in the statutes of orders, regulations about medals and honorary titles. There are medals and orders have strips of equal size, their designs are approved by the Turkmenistan law or a decision taken by the Majlis of Turkmenistan.
4. State Awards worn on the left chest in public holidays and other festive occasions in the order specified in articles 8-10 of this Act, the first orders and medals, badges and then to an honorary rank. Persons awarded orders and medals, have the right to wear them.
Article 5. Awarding State prizes 1. Awarding State decorations is exercised by the President of Turkmenistan.
2. State Awards awarded to citizens of Turkmenistan.
State Awards, except for the titles "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany may be awarded to persons who are not citizens of Turkmenistan who have merit to Turkmenistan, unless otherwise provided by the laws of Turkmenistan.
3. The awarding of State prizes of the President of Turkmenistan is carried out by the Majlis of Turkmenistan.
4. Types of State awards to enterprises, institutions, organizations, creative teams and military units and their order awarding shall be determined by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
At the conferment ceremonies of military units names State Awards are included in their names, while rewarding enterprises, institutions, organizations, creative teams names State Awards are included in their name if they so wish.
5. Citizens of Turkmenistan may be awarded foreign States.
6. look at the conferment ceremonies of State Award is determined by the nature and degree of merit nagraždaemogo.
Awarded orders and medals for new merit may be awarded again with the same or other orders and medals, unless otherwise provided for in the statutes of the orders and medals.
7. Awarding State decorations may be made posthumously.
CHAPTER II. HIGHEST DEGREE of DIFFERENCE of Turkmenistan-title "GAHRYMANY TÜRKMENISTANYŇ article 6. Highest degree of difference of Turkmenistan 1. The title "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany" is the highest degree of difference of Turkmenistan and are assigned only to the citizens of Turkmenistan for particularly outstanding services to the State and society. The hero of Turkmenistan are awarded a special mark of distinction-Medal "Altyn Aý" and identity.
2. The title "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany" in exceptional cases, it may be assigned for a huge personal contribution to the strengthening of sovereignty, constitutional order and independence, Turkmenistan's permanent neutrality of the State.
Article 7. Ways of wearing highly differences of Turkmenistan Sign special differences hero of Turkmenistan-Medal "Altyn Aý" is worn on the left side of the chest over the orders, medals and breastplates to an honorary rank.
CHAPTER III. Orders, medals and HONORARY TITLES of TURKMENISTAN Article 8. Order Of Turkmenistan 1. Orders of Turkmenistan are: 1) "Watan";
2 Türkmenistanyň Prezidenti ilkinji) «Beýik Saparmyrat Türkmenbaşy ";
3) "Prezidentiň ýyldyzy";
4) "Oguzhanyň ýyldyzy";
"Altyn asyr) 6;
8) «Bitaraplyk ";
9) "Garaşsyz Türkmenistana söýgüsi üçin beýik bolan;
10) «Galkynyş ";
12) "Zenan kalby».
2. Order "Watan" awarded exclusively by the President of Turkmenistan.
Article 9. Turkmenistan Turkmenistan Medals medals are: 1) «Altyn Aý»-a special mark of distinction hero of Turkmenistan;
Magtymguly Pyragy) "4";
5) "Watana söýgüsi üçin bolan;
6) "weterany"; gullugyň Harby
7) "edaralarynyň weterany işler Içeri";
8) "öňündäki Watan birkemsiz gullugy üçin harby";
9) "Birkemsiz gullugy üçin».
Article 10. Turkmenistan honours 1. In Turkmenistan can be assigned the following honorary titles: 1) "Türkmenistanyň by halk on mugallymy;
2) "lukmany" by halk on Türkmenistanyň;
3) "atşynasy" by halk on Türkmenistanyň;
4) "by halk on Türkmenistanyň artisti";
5) "suratkeşi" by halk on Türkmenistanyň;
6) "ýazyjysy" by halk on Türkmenistanyň;
7) "bagşysy" by halk on Türkmenistanyň;
8) "ylymda Türkmenistanyň tehnikada we at gazanan işgäri;
9) "at gazanan Türkmenistanyň işgäri senagat";
10) "at halyçysy gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
11) "at gurluşykçysy gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
12) "at arhitektory gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
13) "at gazanan Türkmenistanyň işgäri ulag";
14) "at aragatnaşyk gazanan Türkmenistanyň işgäri";
15) "at oba gazanan Türkmenistanyň hojalyk işgäri";
16) "at atşynasy gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
17) "gazanan gurluşykçysy ýer Türkmenistanyň at";
18) "Türkmenistanyü gazanan saglygy at goraýyş işgäri;
19) "at medeniýet gazanan Türkmenistanyň işgäri";
20) "at gazanan Türkmenistanyň artisti";
21) "at bagşysy gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
22) "at gazanan sungatda Türkmenistanyň işgäri";
23) "at žurnalisti gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
24) "at gazanan Türkmenistanyň bilim işgäri";
25) "at çygrynyň hyzmaty durmuş Türkmenistanyň gazanan işgäri";
26) "at ýuristi gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
27) "at ykdysatçysy gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
28) "at uçarmany gazanan Türkmenistanyň";
29) "" il Hormatly Türkmenistanyň ýaşulusy ";
30) "Altyn asyryň hünär ussady";
31) "E mähri";
32) "halypa çapyksuwary" ussat Türkmenistanyň.
2. The same honorary title of Turkmenistan for the second time is not assigned. Honorary title "by halk on" assigned to for professional skills, may be assigned after the honorary title "at gazanan" by the industry.
CHAPTER IV. PROCEDURE for the SUBMISSION to the STATE AWARDS and their DELIVERY Article 11. Submission to the State Awards 1. The title "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany" awarding Medal of Turkmenistan, assigning the honorary title of Turkmenistan are carried out on the nomination of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, Vice-Chairmen of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan, the Khalk Maslakhaty regions and Ashgabat, central bodies of public associations.
2. Submission to the soldiers and employees of military and law enforcement are made to the relevant ministries and departments, and individuals who are not nationals of Turkmenistan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan.
3. submissions are made both at the initiative of the authorities and officials named in parts one and two of this article, and on applications by enterprises, institutions, organizations, subordinated to these bodies.
4. officials who have unreasonable view to awarding State decorations shall bear responsibility in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan.
5. request for awarding entered administration on workplace learning, service persons submitted to the award. Motions may be made also the Khalk Maslakhaty, cities, and etraps Gengešami.
Applications for the award, signed by hâkimami, arčynami, directors of enterprises, institutions and organizations shall be addressed to the Office of the President of Turkmenistan, with the annex thereto representations of bodies, officials referred to in paragraphs one and two of this article.
6. The person signing documents on the submission to the State Awards, are responsible for the accuracy of the data on candidates, to be submitted to the State Awards.
7. Conferring the title "Türkmenistanyň Gahrymany, on rewarding with Medal of Turkmenistan, on conferring the honorary title of Turkmenistan published decree of the President of Turkmenistan, which is published in print.
On awarding the State Prize of the President of Turkmenistan was adopted decision of the Mejlis of Turkmenistan, which will be published in the press.
Article 12. Procedure for awarding State decorations 1. State Awards are presented by the President of Turkmenistan on behalf of Turkmenistan's President or other authorized them to officials in an atmosphere of solemnity and the general public.
2. Handing of Government awards are made at the Presidential Palace, at enterprises, institutions, organizations, running the meetings, and in a different order, determined by the President of Turkmenistan.
Awards are granted government troops, as a rule, commanders of the military units.
3. persons awarded State Awards, are awarded accordingly order, Medal, badge and certificate.
Chapter V. Rights And Obligations Of The RECIPIENTS. SAFEKEEPING of STATE awards and the RESTORATION of RIGHTS to THEM Article 13. The rights and duties of persons, awarded State Awards
1. the rights and duties of the persons awarded State Awards, established by this law and other normative legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. persons awarded State Awards, have the right to: 1) wear State awards in the order established by this law and other laws of Turkmenistan;
2) enjoy the benefits provided for by the legislation of Turkmenistan: 3) other rights stipulated by this law.
3. persons awarded several national awards, a monthly allowance to official salary, wages, pension, allowance or a stipend for the two highest State awards of the species.
In the case of abolishing or changing the status of any State awards of the facilities provided for in the relevant period, when there were laws of Turkmenistan about these State Awards are stored against those award-these State Awards.
Every fact of awarding the Medal, honorary title is entered in the work book awarded person.
4. State bodies, public associations, management companies, institutions, organizations, command of military units have promote achievement and merit awards given, spread their best practices, educate citizens, the younger generation in the spirit of respect and gratitude to the merit of the persons awarded State Awards.
5. Winners of the enterprise, institution or organization, creative teams and military units have the right to: 1) reproduce the image of the order of the service documentation and letterheads, and the press-to put the image of the order of the logos of their periodicals;
2) put an increased order of layout on their office buildings, museums, palaces and houses of culture, as well as use it as part of the decoration when holding meetings, rallies and other events, participation in festive processions.
6. persons awarded State decorations should cherish them, serve as an example in labor, military service in the home, in fulfilling other duties assigned to them by the Constitution of Turkmenistan and the laws of Turkmenistan.
In case of loss of State Awards winners retain their rights to them.
Article 14. Storing State awards after death took 1. After the death of State honors awarded, or in the case of awarding posthumous remains in his family or transferred for storage on memory.
2. With the consent of the heirs of the deceased State honors awarded posthumously awarded or may be transferred to museums for temporary or permanent storage.
State Awards transferred to museums for permanent storage, are not returned to the heirs of the deceased or awarded posthumously.
3. In the absence of heirs of the deceased took or posthumously awarded State awards and documents about the award shall be deposited in the State.
Article 15. Storing State Awards following the reorganization of the enterprises, institutions, organizations, creative teams and military units and in other cases 1. In case of reorganization of large enterprise, institution or organization, its national award can be saved for a successor. Petition for preserving State Awards for successor excites the body implementing the reorganization.
2. In case of liquidation of large enterprises, institutions, organizations or the creative team, as well as the disbandment of military State awards and documents about the award shall be deposited in the State.
Article 16. Deprivation of State Awards 1. Persons awarded State decorations may be deprived of State awards of the President of Turkmenistan in the following cases: a) a conviction for a serious or particularly serious crime, after the recommendation of the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan on the basis of and pursuant to the procedure established by the legislation of Turkmenistan;
b) a person of misconduct marring the title was awarded the State Award, on presentation of an organ, an official who has the right to make submissions about the award.
2. When deprivation of State awards these State awards must be returned to the State.
Article 17. Restoration of rights on State awards and their duplicates 1. Restoration of rights on State awards of a person who has been deprived of these awards, is exercised by the President of Turkmenistan in the manner prescribed by the legislation of Turkmenistan, on the proposal of the bodies referred to in the first paragraph of article 16 of this law, with nagraždënnomu returning his State awards and documents about the award.
2. By decision of the President of Turkmenistan may be extradited (KNAW) duplicates State awards and documents about the award, if the loss of State Awards occurred as a result of a natural disaster or other reasons beyond the control of the home.
Article 18. The procedure for the removal of State Awards abroad 1. Persons awarded State decorations, or their heirs upon departure from Turkmenistan may be exported from a State Awards, as well as documents about the award.
2. Export from Turkmenistan State Awards, which were not confirmed by the relevant documents, shall be prohibited.
3. the procedure for export outside the Turkmenistan State awards of precious metals is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
4. State Awards, seized from persons illegally possessing them shall be transmitted to the relevant public authorities.
CHAPTER VI. LIABILITY for VIOLATION of the LEGISLATION of TURKMENISTAN on State Awards Article 19. The illegal establishment, manufacturing and wearing State Awards 1. Prohibits the unlawful institution of State Awards, fabrication and wearing chest and other characters with similarity in appearance with orders and medals, breastplates to the honorary rank of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen SSR or USSR.
2. Wearing orders, medals, badge to the honorary rank of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR a person not entitled to it, as well as the Commission of other unlawful actions against the liable State Awards, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Article 20. Prohibition of transactions with State Awards 1. Prohibited transactions (purchase, sale, Exchange, donation and others) with honors, medals, breastplates to the honorary rank of Turkmenistan, the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR.
2. Transactions provided for in the first paragraph of this article, shall incur liability in accordance with the legislation of Turkmenistan, and orders, medals, badges to honorary ranks are returned to the State.
CHAPTER VII. Transitional and final provisions article 21. Recognition of State awards of the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR, Turkmenistan recognizes the State Awards (orders, medals and honorary titles) of the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR, which awarded the citizens of Turkmenistan.
Article 22. Benefits of State awards of the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR citizens of Turkmenistan, award-winning State of the Turkmen Soviet Socialist Republic and the USSR enjoyed benefits in cases and by the procedure established by the legislation on these awards.
Article 23. The entry into force of this law 1. This law shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
2. To bring the legislation of Turkmenistan in accordance with this law is applied in the part not contradicting this law.
Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov mountains. Ashgabat, June 18, 2016 year no. 409-V.
Search Translated Laws of Turkmenistan