Read the untranslated law here: http://parliament.gov.sy/arabic/index.php?node=201&nid=5073&RID=-1&Last=10058&First=0&CurrentPage=11&Vld=-1&Mode=&Service=-1&Loc1=&Key1=&SDate=&EDate=&Year=&Country=&Num=&Dep=-1&
Law number 6 for 2006
The universities regulatory act of the President of the Republic based on the Constitution and approved by the NPC at its meeting on 20/11/2005 and 21/12/2005.
Issued: article 1 definitions the following terms mean in the application of this law indicated beside each: Ministry: Ministry of higher education.
Minister: Minister of higher education.
Regulations: the regulations of the universities regulatory act.
Guild: teachers Union.
Union: National Union of Syrian students.
Part I Chapter I article 2 Council of higher education higher education Council is associated with the Minister and undertakes the following core functions: a higher education policy proposal-healt and levels in the framework of the general policy of the State.
B-policy for scientific research in universities and colleges towards addressing social, economic and cultural problems in the Syrian Arabic Republic.
C-develop implementation plans for State higher education policy, linked to plans for economic, social and cultural development, and the development and distribution of its institutions to achieve the goals of the nation and the social, economic, cultural and scientific.
D-General plans for higher education institutions of training, including the development of scientific and technical level, linguistic and pedagogical rehabilitation of scientific workers and their performance evaluation and identification of the means of implementation and follow it.
-Establish rules to accept students in universities and colleges.
And-coordination between universities and colleges in terms of integration and the level of education and degree disciplines, research, training and rehabilitation and translation and localization.
G-a system of performance evaluation and accreditation rules for universities and conditions of grant and cancel it.
H-draft general budget for each of the universities and colleges and institutions affiliated to the Ministry.
I-opinion regarding education matters in different grades.
-Determine the duration of study and test dates, holidays and productive and training camps.
-Identify the types and patterns of education and its methods.
-Set rules and conditions for selecting teaching assistants and deployed.
M-set rules and conditions for the appointment of members of the teaching staff and promoted.
N-other matters which regard them as stipulated by the laws in force.
Article 3 the Council consists of a Chief Minister and membership: College Presidents.
-Chairman of the Syrian Virtual University.
-Three heads of private universities and proposed by the Minister annually in rotation.
-Deputy Prime Minister proposes University each University alternating annually.
-Deputy Minister Minister aides about some ministries specified by a decision of the Prime Minister.
Associate head of State Planning Commission-proposed by the Chairperson of the State Planning Commission.
-Deans of colleges affiliated to the Ministry if an instrument set text on it.
-General Manager of scientific studies and Research Center.
-The Director-General of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
-The Director-General of the General Organization of remote sensing.
-The Director-General of the public authority for agricultural scientific research.
-The Director-General of the General Organization for biotechnology.
-The Director-General of the national energy research center.
-Director of military engineering Academy of Assad.
-Two representatives from the Union of faculty members proposed by the Union's Executive Office annually.
-President and another Executive Office proposed Union annually.
-The Secretary of the Board member and Rapporteur.
B-the premier issued a resolution naming the members of the Council on the proposal of the Minister.
C-the Minister shall be entitled to attend meetings of the Board of experienced sees fit without the right to vote.
D-on behalf of the Minister in his stead-Chair Board meetings from whichever College Presidents.
Article 4 a-higher education Council to authorize a Council headed by the Minister and mini membership of College Presidents and aides to the Minister and a representative of the Trade Union Federation to decide urgent matters.
B-composes higher education Council from among its members and other faculty members in universities and colleges and professionals, and members of the scientific and professional unions grassroots organizations technical committees permanently or temporarily to discuss topics that fall within its competence.
Article 5 financial provision of the higher education Council in a separate section of the Department of the Ministry of higher education in the State budget.
Article 6 occurs in the Ministry General Secretariat of the Council of higher education determines their owners by Decree, and headed by a Secretary from among the rooted faculty members at universities with experience in higher education designated by a decision of the Prime Minister upon proposal by the Minister.
Article 7 the Secretary of higher education shall prepare the work of the Council and to follow up the implementation of decisions and actions of permanent and temporary committees and coordination.
Article 8 is Secretary of the Board of higher education annual report on higher education after submission to the Secretary for adoption in the Council for higher education in particular, the report includes a description of how the implementation of higher education institutions for scientific plan for the previous year and the success of the plan and the implementation obstacles and difficulties encountered and suggestions for improving performance and achieving optimal development of higher education in the light of the needs of economic, social and cultural development and scientific developments.
Article 9 issue the rules of procedure of the Council by decision of the Minister on the proposal of the Board of higher education.
Chapter II general provisions article 10 universities universities general administrative nature scientific bodies of each personality and administrative and financial autonomy as set out in this Act and its implementing regulations, linked to the Minister within the limits provided for in this Act and the regulations.
Article 11 college education right for every citizen his qualification, higher education Council determines the level and quality of rehabilitation, taking into account the admission rules established by the higher education Council taking into account the wishes of students and aptitudes in the light of the needs of the planned economic, social and cultural development and balanced growth demands economic, social and cultural development in various provinces.
University aims to achieve progress in science and technology, thought and art, and works to achieve national goals for Arabic and Arabic civilization spread nation, developed and enriched human civilization and expand human knowledge and contribute to economic and social development in the Arabic Republic of Syria and the Arab world and working to implement these objectives through the following: a the preparation of specialists in various branches of knowledge and provide them with a high level of knowledge and skills to keep pace with the progress of science and technology, thought, art and world civilization , And assess assimilated, understanding and apply them through the examination system.
B-participation in various studies and scientific research that contribute to scientific and technical progress, and to provide expertise and advice and other practice with professional contracts, in particular those aimed at solutions to various issues facing economic, social and cultural development in the Arabic Republic of Syria and the Arab world.
C-values and norms reinforcing building Arab Socialist society and raise student militancy.
D-promoting scientific and student personal development of his passion for science and research, teamwork and promote excellence and scientific innovation.
-The development of research and education, pedagogics and methods including authoring, translation and publishing, and events of the laboratories for teaching and scientific research.
And-to contribute to the rehabilitation and training courses and continuing education.
G-direct students towards the perfect choice for events that would otherwise exercise.
H-promoting cultural, artistic and social activity and sports.
I-closer cultural and scientific links with universities and scientific bodies, private and foreign Arabic.
-Achieve the highest level of interaction between various institutions and University community with economic, social and cultural institutions and organizations.
Article 13-the Minister is the President's top universities and overseen by ex officio, and requests the functional commissions or councils discuss certain topics or studied in particular policy topics for education and scientific research.
B-to the Minister to ask the boards of universities reconsider their decisions if the contravention of the provisions of the laws and regulations in force.
Article 14 universities subject to the provisions of this law in the Syrian Arabic Republic: Damascus University, based in Damascus.
Aleppo University based in haleb.
-University based in the city of Latakia.
Baath University based in the city of Homs.
Or any State University speaking law subject to the provisions of this law.
Article 15-university branches events may by Decree.
B each branch Director with the rank of Associate Professor appointed by decree for a period of three years, renewable once decreed, manages the Affairs of scientific and administrative branch, and exercises for the employees in the branches the powers of Vice Presidents and Additionally the tasks delegated by the Rector and the University Council member.
C-higher education Council shall establish organizational and administrative rules governing the scientific and administrative and financial means for the work of the branch campuses as not contrary to the provisions of this law and its implementing regulations.
Article 16 a-university faculties by Decree.
B-high schools events may be attached to universities by Decree, these institutes are associated with universities in accordance with the rules established by these decrees.
C-specialized scientific centres may be attached to the University or one of its colleges or institutes from the Minister's decision after approval by the Council of higher education.
Article 17 scientific and educational unit College administrative and fiscal goals University within its jurisdiction. And includes a number of interrelated sections scientifically and necessary for the performance of its competence, showing the internal regulation of the College departments, the Decree may be non-college campus headquarters.
Article 18 a-section is the basic structural unit of educational, scientific and cultural research at the University, and is a distinct administrative unit of scientific quality of play full responsibilities within the College and supervised in other faculties at the University and may include one or more Division section.
B-it is not permissible to repeat the corresponding sections in the asymmetric university colleges except basic science departments 1.
Article 19 issue internal regulations containing Special Affairs colleges and institutes by the Minister after approval by the Council of higher education.
Article 20 a-Arabic language is the language of instruction at universities, except in teaching foreign languages and foreign language courses.
B-one decision may be taught in each academic year and leave stage decision or decisions on rehabilitation and specialized studies in graduate studies in a foreign language.
(C) the Minister may, after approval by the Council of higher education, based on a scientific cooperation agreement with a non-Syrian universities, degree events at the level of qualification and specialisation studies or graduate studies in any of the colleges of the University, and is teaching at these grades for all courses or one foreign language.
Article 21 ministries and agencies and institutions within their means providing opportunities and means to train college students to acts related to their specialty.
Article 22 of Decree of University facilities events may productively attached to universities or colleges serve educational purposes.
Article 23 a-for universities to provide social services, professional studies and advice to citizens and public and private entities that doesn't conflict with its goals.
B-for universities to address technical, economic and social problems facing the State and the public sector in various fields of scientific and practical solutions to them in coordination with the competent authorities.
C-the Executive Regulation determines everything, including finance and provision for these missions of compensation and bonuses and how to dispose of the proceeds collected in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Title II University Management Article 24a-scientific administrative functions intended in this law the Rector's functions and his deputies and University branch manager, and Secretary of the Board of higher education, and the College Dean and his deputies, and Dean of the Institute and his deputies, and Director of the specialised centre and university research magazine editor, and head of Department, head of Division in the Department, as well as Secretary of the University, faculty member, or if filled.
B-it is not permissible to combine administrative posts only in scientific colleges that do not exceed five faculty members, the Minister may combine scientific administrative posts.
Article 25 each University: a University Council.
Article 26 a-be at every University in addition to its Board of Scientific Affairs and Student Affairs Council and the Council of scientific research and graduate studies and open education Council.
B-the boards mentioned in the preceding paragraph shall meet jointly headed by the Rector once a year at least, composed by the general body of the University, and the University education policy deliberation and submit their own proposals to the Council for higher education in general education and in amending the universities regulatory act or its implementing regulations.
Article 27 a-appoints the Rector of teachers by decree for three years, renewable once by Decree.
B-the Rector retains its original function and its promotions and receive legal compensation and compensation specified in this law in addition to the manner of the original function.
C-the Minister shall devolve functions of the Rector's job when it became vacant.
Article 28 the Chairman of University Department of scientific, administrative and financial University which he represented before the courts and others, and is responsible for the implementation of laws and regulations and resolutions of the Board of higher education and University boards within the laws and regulations, and in the case of a breach of the system to stop all or some study that exposes it to the Minister within three days and on the Board of the University within a week.
Article 29 Rector exercises for all employees at the University Minister powers provided for in the laws and regulations in force.
Article 30-the Rector may invite councils and committees in accordance with the provisions of this law to the meeting and to present what he sees of subjects within its competence and to attend meetings with the Chair to the trough.
B-the Rector of the colleges of illegal boards decisions laws and regulations in force and to review them in accordance with the provisions of such laws and regulations.
C-the Rector re what he sees from College Board decisions if the College Board's insistence his decision presents the Rector subject to the Council of the League.
Article 31 of the Rector to entrust some of his powers to his deputies within their competences, in the absence of the Rector a Deputy functions assigned by the Minister.
Article 32 Rector to the Minister at the end of each academic year calendar report for education and scientific research and other activities in the University.
Article 33 a-each University has four deputies: 1. Vice President for Student Affairs and Administrative Affairs assists the President in the Department of administrative and financial affairs of the University students and the competent Minister provided for in the laws and regulations in force.
2. Vice President for Chief Scientific University in the Department of scientific and educational University.
3. the Vice President for research and graduate studies in the Department of Rector is supported by scientific research and graduate studies.
4. Vice President for open education assists the President in the management of open education.
And may be only three Vice Rector to be Vice President for Scientific Affairs required tasks from the Vice President for research and graduate studies, and in this case the Council of Scientific Affairs Board of scientific research and graduate studies.
B-Appoints Vice President of professors by decree for a period of two years, renewable once by Decree.
C-entrust Rector competence of Deputies absent a vice of others.
D-Vice President retains its original function and its promotions and receive legal compensation and damages specified in this law in addition to compensations from its original function, if his salary at his original salary increases specified in the table (4) of this Act, shall receive a salary job.
Article 34-the University Secretary to be appointed by a decision of the Minister on the proposal of the President of the University.
B-If the Trustees from among faculty members or professional keeps his job.
Origin and its advancements where legal and compensation defined in this law shall receive in addition to his salary and compensations payable from its original function.
Article 35 the Secretary manages the University administrative and financial work in University under the supervision of the President and his deputies and be responsible for the implementation of laws within the limits of his powers.
Article 36 help Trustees Assistant or more designated by the President of the University.
Article 37 the University Council consists of the President of the University President and members: 1. Vice Presidents.
2. the deans.
3. the Deans of the colleges.
4. the directors attached to the University.
5. the representative of the Ministry designated by the Minister.
6. the head of the Branch Office of the Guild at the University Union representatives.
7. three students, one union representing graduate students whenever possible, if other members exceeds ten and two students if the number ten.
8. the Secretary of the University and the Council Secretariat is responsible.
Article 38 specialized University Council the following matters: 1. the proposal to appoint faculty members and transferred and assigned and seconded acceptance of their resignations, and all other things related to their careers.
2. to approve the use of Syrian and Arab and foreign experts by contract in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
3. to propose rules for the admission of students to the University.
4. to approve the general distribution of lessons and lectures at colleges.
5. the general supervision over the conduct of exams including determining how to assign examiners and examinations committees and observers engaged and extended the amount of remuneration and their duties and responsibilities.
6. the granting of diplomas and honorary doctorate.
7. the distribution of grants and donations and assistance for scientific research in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
8. plans for development of faculty members and professional labs in number and distribution level.
9. IFAD rules for scientific research missions.
10. IFAD rules to attend conferences, seminars, courses and scientific missions.
11. manage and invest the funds of the University and accept donations received by the Endowment, bequests, donations, and her disposition provided it is not inconsistent with the goals of the University, and shall be in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
12. the University budget projects plan and distributions and final account.
13. proposal of faculties or departments or institutes in the University.
14. approved specialized centres attached to the University or one of its colleges or institutes.
15. approve construction of University buildings and their maintenance.
16. pricing of reference books and periodicals and academic publications.
17. to propose the General rules for the remuneration of contractors, researchers, lecturers and professors and applied business, compensation and reward them, and submit them to the Council of higher education for approval is granted by the President of the University.
18. stop studying in colleges of some or all of them.
19. proposal of campus regulations, libraries, hospitals, printing press, museums and other establishments.
20. study rules and regulations proposed by the Student Affairs Council how to transfer students from one College to another and from the University and submit them to the Council for higher education.
21. adoption of the annual report prepared by the Rector on scientific and teaching and administrative affairs and finance.
22. the functions of the University Council Executive Committee for scientific missions enshrined in the law of scientific expeditions for the dispatch of lecturers.
23. opinion in all matters placed before it by the President of the University.
24. the delegation of the Rector of some functions.
And specialized in general all educational, research and Scientific Affairs and operational and financial management of the University and other terms provided for in this law and other laws in force and in keeping with the terms of reference of the other boards.
Article 39 a Scientific Council composed of the Vice President for Scientific Affairs as Chairman and the membership of: 1. Deputy Deans of colleges and universities for Scientific Affairs.
2. a representative of the Guild of faculty members.
3. a representative of the Union.
B-Secretary Assistant Secretariat University Council.
Article 40 specialized scientific Affairs Council the following: 1. to propose internal regulations for colleges and institutes and centers.
2. proposal to develop study plans and curricula.
3. follow the scientific activity of colleges and institutes and centers that comprise the University.
4. to propose plans for the development of teaching and artistic laboratory in number and distribution level.
5. proposal setting standards equivalent to degrees and qualifications for higher education Council.
6. proposed terms of appointment in the laboratory and technical bodies.
7. to propose rules for sending teaching assistants in order to obtain the required qualification.
8. decide candidates ' scientific production calendar for faculty and professional body functions in case of differences of views on scientific production or examination Committee in the event object to the relevant Councils members reports considered.
9. IFAD rules proposal to conferences, seminars, courses and scientific missions.
10. proposal of scientific relations with universities and institutions in the Syrian Arabic Republic and abroad and with international institutions and propose recognition of universities and institutes.
11. make plans to help solve the problems of the environment and its protection and improvement.
12. proposing plans and studies for preservation and revival.
13. opinion in all different grades of education issues.
And specialized in consideration of all the scientific and educational affairs of colleges and scientific development, consistent with the terms of reference of the other boards.
Article 41 a-Board of scientific research and graduate studies of the Vice President for research and graduate studies Chairperson and members: 1. Deputy Deans of colleges and universities for Scientific Affairs.
2. a representative of the Guild.
3. a representative of the Union of graduate students.
B-Secretary Assistant Secretariat University Council.
Article 42 specialized Council of scientific research and graduate studies in the following matters: 1. develop plans of scientific research at the University in the light of the policy established by the Board of higher education.
2. organize and encourage research and provide the necessary potential.
3. to propose graduate and opening events.
4. proposal postgraduate admission.
5. composing and governance committees propose granting graduate degrees.
6. supervise graduate studies and propose ways to develop them.
7. to propose rules for granting financial rewards for supervisors and governance committees and researchers.
8. proposed distribution of grants and donations and assistance for scientific research and supervising their management.
9. IFAD rules proposal for scientific research missions.
10. issuing and supervising research journals.
And specialized in General to consider all issues of graduate studies and research, and thus as not contrary to the terms of reference of the other boards.
Article 43 a-Student Affairs Council consists of Vice President for Student Affairs and administrative affairs as Chairman and the membership of: 1. Deputy Deans of colleges and universities for Student Affairs and administrative affairs.
2. a representative of the Guild.
3. two representatives of the Union.
B-Secretary Assistant Secretariat University Council.
Article 44 specialized Student Affairs Council the following: 1. supervise the application of the conditions for the admission of students in University and propose appropriate in this regard to the Council of the League.
2. supervise the application of the rules of the various University fee exemption and conditions for granting rewards and subsidies of different types.
3. to propose rules for transfer students from University to another or from one College to another or from one section to another and decide to offer him the transition problems.
4. the Organization of social and Health Affairs, culture and sports for students.
5. regulate the sale and distribution of books and publications on University students and organize distribution to excelling and destitute.
6. student training and camping trips and productivity and student exchange.
7. proposed rules on the management of University City Housing and resolve student issues.
8. proposal of investment clubs, restaurants, theaters, sports facilities and other installations to the Student Council of the University.
And specialized in general everything related to Student Affairs and forwards it to the University Council.
Article 45 a-open education Council consists of Vice President for open education Chairman and members: 1. Deputy Deans on Scientific Affairs.
2. a representative of the Guild.
3. a representative of the Union.
B-Secretary Assistant Secretariat University Council.
Article 46 respect open education Council the tasks set by the Council for higher education.
Article 47 subject to the provisions of paragraph (a) of article 30 of this law called councils and committees convened by her superiors.
Article 48 terms of reference of the University Council and other boards and public body if the number of colleges do not exceed four faculties.
Article 49 manages each College Faculty Council and the Rector.
Article 50 a-Dean appointed by decision of the Minister for two years, renewable once, from professors or assistant professors in college. In the absence of that is assigned from among the teachers.
B-when the Dean's job vacancy costs one Vice-Rector Brig exercise functions of the Dean, pending the appointment of Dean alternative.
Article 51 is the Dean of the Department of scientific, educational and research faculty, administrative, financial, and is responsible for implementing the laws, regulations and resolutions of the Board of higher education and University boards and the Faculty Council, Dean offers to University President at the end of each academic year report on education, scientific research and other aspects of the activity in the College.
Article 52 each Dean two one for Student Affairs and administrative affairs, and the second to support Scientific Affairs, the Dean in his works. And the Dean may delegate some of his powers either as his defining who replaced during his absence.
Article 53 Appoints Vice Dean of the decision of the Minister for two years, renewable once among faculty members in the College.
Article 54 a College Council consists of the Dean as Chairman and members: 1. my Deputy Dean.
2. Heads of departments in college.
3. a representative of the Guild among faculty members in the College.
4. two representatives of Union College students from graduate students.
5. chiefs in other colleges at the Council's consideration of matters within the competence of their departments.
B-the Chief of the service in the College Board's secretariat.
Article 55 specialized College Council the following: 1. establish rules for student attendance and system classes and lectures and other academic work.
2. proposal of curricula, programmes and coordinate them in different sections and distribution of lessons and lectures to faculty members and others.
3. coordination of scientific research in the departments in accordance with the resolutions of the Board of research and graduate studies.
4. College examinations and distribute their examiners, observers and submitting proposals and adopt its findings and announced.
5. proposal to award bonuses to contractors, lecturers and researchers and visiting professors and applied work.
6. propose draft bylaws of the College and its amendments.
7. the proposal to grant diplomas.
8. propose a plan of rehabilitation and training for members of the teaching staff, technical and administrative development laboratory.
9. submission of proposals to the Council of the University in relation to College in University and plan for implementation.
10. consider, inter alia, IFAD and participate in seminars, conferences and scientific sessions inside and outside the Syrian Arabic Republic.
11. adoption of the annual report prepared by the Dean for Scientific Affairs, teaching, administrative and financial.
12. the issues referred to it by the Council.
13. express an opinion on all topics that sees the Dean or a quarter of the members of the College Council.
And specialized in general all educational, research and Scientific Affairs and operational and financial management of the College and other terms provided for in this law and other laws in force do not interfere with the other Councils.
Article 56-writing in College Student Affairs Committee of the Vice Dean for Student Affairs and administrative affairs as Chairman and the membership of: 1. a representative of the Guild among faculty members in the College.
2. Member of faculty members from each department designated by the Department Council.
3. two representatives of the Union of students of the College.
B – the college students Affairs Committee the following matters: 1. the Social Affairs and health care, culture and sports for students.
2. proposal of approval of transfer students from other colleges and universities and from one section to another within the College and within the General rules set forth.
3. proposal of approval of outstanding rewards and subsidies, and approving academic reference books to needy students, according to the rules set forth.
4. consideration of the difficulties that can arise from the application of rules and regulations related to Student Affairs and examinations and provide suggestions for addressing them.
5. submission of proposals to the Council of Student Affairs by Dean in all their competence.
Article 57 — each Department in college public body called the general body of the Department consists of: 1. faculty members in the Department.
2. members of the Commission in section, shall not be more than a third of the number of faculty members, otherwise choose the Dean after taking the opinion of the head of Department is equivalent to a third of faculty members from among the members of the professional body periodically at the start of the school year.
3. a representative of the laboratory staff in the Department participate in the discussion of issues relating to the Affairs of this body chosen by the head of Department.
B-KIA is headed by Department Chief.
C-General body meeting section at the invitation of Chief of section three times in each academic year, the first meeting in the month before the start of the school year, and the second in the week before the start of chapter II, and III in the week following stop study in college last year, as the general body meeting of the Emergency Department at the request of at least one third of its members.
Article 58 General Authority is competent for the following section: 1. propose to defeat section of provisions relating to the draft bylaws for College.
2. propose a long term plans and quarterly and annual events section in the areas of teaching, scientific research and practice and scholarship, loan and other such plans and that take him from financing and construction, equipment and scientific and technical personnel and administrators.
3. to propose the basic rules necessary for the implementation of general plans for teaching, scientific research and practice, scholarship, loan and other.
4. it offered study section chief wemairi the Department Council apt.
5. other proposals made by one fourth of the members of the general body of the section at least.
6. examination of the annual report of the Department Council and opinion and other planning and guidance to the Department's activities provided for in this law and the regulations in force.
Article 59 each Department is headed by the section called Council head section membership includes: 1. people's heads if they exist in the Department.
2. three each from professors and assistant professors and teachers of the Department designated by the Dean periodically at the start of each academic year, based in functionality, in the absence of the professors called instead of assistant professors, in the absence of a sufficient number of assistant professors is called instead of the Professor and if there is a sufficient number of professors and assistant professors called instead of teachers , In the absence of a sufficient number of teachers called instead of professors and assistant professors.
3. one of the members of the body art he calls Dean periodically based on foot in the job at the start of each academic year.
Article 60 a specialized department Council the following: 1. implementation of the resolutions of the University boards.
2. proposal of the courses taught and the curriculum section and propose the amendment of the internal regulations and the coordination between the various disciplines.
3. proposed distribution of theoretical and practical lessons, lectures and seminars.
4. to study scientific research plans and need section of teaching assistants and laboratory equipment 5-proposal to appoint supervisors to messages and compose committees judged and awarded diplomas.
6. development of projects related to activities of the Department in the areas of teaching, research and practice to view the profession for the College Board.
7. the annual report on the activities of the Department.
8. examination of all issues and scientific and educational and research work, service and finance section.
9. study of the transmission mechanism of the Faculty Council.
Article 61 a-designated Prime Minister Department for two years, renewable once among faculty members in the Department.
B-older faculty members in the Department Council temporarily functioning section and section Council meeting to decide on issues of urgent character and that in the absence of the head of Department or the head of the Department's job vacancy and produced in commissioning an administrative memorandum from the President.
C-If the vacant chairmanship of the Department Chair section of the Rector costs pending the appointment of the head of Department.
Article 62 the section chief responsible for implementing decisions relating to the Department and its good lessons and lectures and exercises regularly and teaching, scientific research and business practice and to do what it takes to advance constantly the level curricula and scientific research in the field of specialization of the Department and head of the Department to submit to the Dean and the Department an annual report on the activities of the different organs and scientific section.
Article 63-University Union representatives branch called on University and college boards and commissions at the start of each academic year for one year.
B-called Administrative Office of University Union representation in University and college boards and commissions at the start of each academic year for one year of outstanding students.
Article 64 a-compose boards provided for in this law from among its members and other faculty members and permanent or temporary commissions quality specialists to study subjects that fall within its competence.
B-the heads of the Councils in universities and colleges and departments invite at most two experienced these Councils meetings without the right to vote.
Title III scientific article scientific workers 65 workers at universities: Faculty-Arab and foreign faculty members c-contractors and technical staff-lecturers-repeaters Chapter Faculty recruitment and conditions of employment-article 66 faculty members in universities: a-professors.
C-67 the Minister designates material teachers faculty members based on decisions of the boards of University and College and the relevant section.
Article 68 a-be faculty appointments on the basis of a declaration issued by the Minister.
B-designated faculty evaluators of their head at University in top scientific job without ads.
C-delegates appointed for the University to get the qualifications required for appointment to the post of lecturer without notice.
D-faculty member is appointed for the first time in college interns for a period of two years after the expiration of eighteen months to set the section Council report to the Faculty Council includes in addition to the scientific potential of educational and social activity and commitment to teaching process and other activities the College Board report to the University Council proposes to the President of the University at that resolution required can observe or define citizenship or moved with the job to another job in the whole faculty or termination of membership in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
-Higher education Council regulations and other requirements are deemed necessary for the faculty member rooting.
Article 69 in the designated teacher in teaching: a-to be eligible for the position of Member of the faculty at the University and higher education Council shall establish the rules governing building on university councils and governing bodies suggestions on Scientific Affairs.
B-to hold a doctorate degree from a University in Syrian Arabic Republic competence required for the job or have another University or scientific Institute or scientific body recognized a degree deemed equivalent higher education Council taking into account the provisions of the laws and regulations in force.
C to position any scientific for the job.
Demonstrator set is the yield of the Legation who achieved the conditions set forth in the preceding article of teacher in terms of salary and compensation only takes effect from the date of the performance actually work in his favor University after returning from deployment.
Article 17 required of designated Assistant Professor: a teacher may have a job for at least five years in a University in the Syrian Arabic Republic or what level of universities and other scientific bodies starting from the date of appointment as a teacher.
B-have the competence and a teacher with an original scientific research and dissemination.
C-to have authorship or translation or manuscripts or supervise dissertations (masters or PhD).
D-to meet the requirements of educational performance and the development of scientific and technical competence, linguistic, educational and research duties.
Higher education Council shall establish operational instructions to apply it.
Article 72 shall appoint candidates from outside the University Assistant Professor job if filter in addition to the requirements of article 69 of this law the following conditions:-have been receiving a qualification required for appointment to Faculty membership at least six years March in college or a scientific institution or research pursuant to actions by the faculty member.
B-have been awarded qualified him leave for qualification at least ten years provided for in paragraph b of article 69 authentic scientific research.
C-to be conducted and dissemination of competence after obtaining qualifications d-that have competence in authoring and translation.
-To be eligible to teach.
Higher education Council shall establish operational instructions to apply it.
Article 73 stipulates in the designated Professor: a-must have been a post of Assistant Professor at least five years in one of the universities or colleges in Syrian Arabic Republic or what level of universities and other scientific bodies.
B-to have competence and is Assistant Professor, scientific research and dissemination of scientific contribution constitutes authentic value.
C-to have authorship or translation or manuscripts or supervise dissertations (masters or PhD).
D-to meet the requirements of the education and development of performance evaluation system of scientific and technical competence, linguistic, educational and research duties.
Higher education Council shall establish operational instructions to apply it.
Article 74 shall appoint candidates from outside the University Professor function if a candidate in addition to the requirements of article 69 of this law the following conditions:-have been receiving a qualification required for appointment to membership of the Faculty for 11 years at least March in college or a scientific institution or research work similar to the work of the faculty member.
B-have been awarded qualified him leave for qualification at least fifteen years.
C-to be conducted and dissemination of competence after obtaining qualifications provided for in paragraph b of article 69 of this law a genuine scientific research.
D-to have competence to synthesis or translation.
-Being left n ready for teaching.
Higher education Council shall establish operational instructions to apply it.
Article 75 establishes rules and regulations for examination scientific production.
Article 76 calculates the duration of mandatory military service and backup advocated faculty member as well as a formal or scientific missions scholarship and loan duration of support required for appointment to the top job on condition to perform this term staff returns.
Article 77 a faculty member shall be subject to the education and development of performance evaluation system of scientific and technical competence, linguistic, educational and research duties in accordance with the rules and conditions established by the Council of higher education.
B-in the event of failure to meet faculty member calendar system requirements mentioned in paragraph (a) is transferred to another post outside universities, by decision of the Prime Minister on the proposal, and is updated in the absence of provision available.
II. transfer and assignment and secondment, special leave without pay article 78 faculty members may be transferred from one section to another in the same College by the President of the University at the suggestion of the Faculty Council after taking the opinion of both the relevant sections, and from one College to another in the same league as President of the University after approval by its Board and after consulting both houses movable and kidneys and the relevant section in each.
Article 79 taking into account the provisions of article/48/scientific missions Act No 20/2004 faculty member may be transferred from the University to the other by the President of the University transferred to her after the approval of the President of the University transferred from and taking the opinion of the houses of the two universities.
Article 80, taking into account the provisions of article/48/scientific missions Act No 20/2004 faculty member may be transferred to a public office by a decision of the movable side, after taking the opinion of University and higher education Council approval.
Article 81 a faculty member may be assigned partially or entirely for a limited period from the University to the other Syrian Arabic Republic or public function decision of Mandeb, after approval from the Council and after consulting both the College and the Department.
B.-el-Mandeb partly his salary and compensations including additional time compensation time compensation.
C-bear the scar tissue entirely to general salary due compensations according to the provisions in force.
Article 82 a secondment may faculty members at their request for a scientific Institute or university or research centre outside the Syrian Arabic Republic at the level of university colleges, work may also be secondment in one of the universities or institutes Syrian Arabic or Arabic or international bodies with which specialize if the task in their job level.
B-be loaned for one year renewable term not exceeding a total of five years.
C-loan from the Minister's decision is based on the proposal of the Council of the University after taking the opinion of both the College and the Department.
The provisions of the special leave without pay and resignation provided for in law no 2004 50 faculty members at universities.
III. deployment and tasks article 84 a-send faculty members scientific missions for scientific research by the Minister at the proposal of the Council of the League after taking the opinion of both the College and the relevant section on this function for at least four months and not more than one year in accordance with the rules established by the Council of higher education.
B-it is not permissible to send faculty member for this task before the expiry of four years from the return of the foreign mission or study leave or important scientific research in accordance with rules established by the Council of higher education.
C-this task Envoy within three months from the date of return to report about his mission and the work done and make a copy for each search done.
D-charges the receiving State under the provisions of this article his salary and legal interns ' freight and may additionally receive appropriate compensation under conditions established by the University Council in each case provided it does not exceed the compensation from inside and outside the Syrian Arabic Republic wages official Envoy.
Article 85-send faculty members with official or scientific missions, including access and training for no more than three months in accordance with the rules established by the Council of higher education.
B-scientific missions are IFAD provided for in this article on the decision of the Minister on the proposal of the Council of the League after taking the opinion of both the College and the relevant section and not apply the provisions of paragraph b of article 84 prior to persons covered by the provisions of this article.
C-charges the receiving State under the provisions of this article, and legal interns ' salary and other transport fares and other compensation that benefit official Envoy.
IV. public holidays and vacations article 86 crash study in universities during the academic year half year holiday for a period not exceeding fifteen days and summer vacation reports were submitted identifies the University Council except colleges continue study and work during the summer, was appointed by the President of the University after taking the opinion of the Dean.
Article 87 the leave shall commence annual regular faculty members of colleges and institutes of the University after the end of the second semester of the school year ends before starting the supplementary examinations except for colleges and institutes that work continue during the said period it specifies the Rector's decision to leave after taking the opinion of the Dean.
Article 88 faculty members are subject to the provisions of sick leave contained in Act No 50 of 89 scientific administrators subject article wishes to the rules laid down in law No 50 of 2004 on administrative leave.
V duties Article 90 faculty members faculty member must: 1. go to do scientific work according to the rules laid down in this law and its implementing regulations.
2. do the scientific and theoretical lessons and seminars that cost and to provide the necessary reference books.
3. to continuously raise the level of scientific and intellectual students and enable them to research and methods and provide them with the best scientific and technical achievements and scientific development of their personality to be after graduation to serve Arab Socialist society in their respective fields.
4. to contribute to the advancement of science, literature and arts and enrich Arabic library research and studies and the General Auditor and supervise students and prepared to participate in applying the results of research and studies in the fields of social and economic life.
5. regularly improve their knowledge and scientific expertise and upgrade in the field of specialization.
6. participation in the work of boards and committees as a means to enable universities to carry out their responsibilities.
Article 91 a faculty member to submit to the Department head reports set forth in the regulations on scientific activity including his books and research conducted with copies and the research is still conducted and symposia and conferences involving messages masters and PhD supervised by and in any event shall not be less than the number of reports provided by the faculty member about one annual report.
Article 92 faculty members maintain order inside classrooms and lectures and research laboratories and the Dean report about each incident would disrupt the system and the actions taken to save it.
Article 93-faculty members may not: 1. to do trade and participate in managing a business or combining Faculty membership and any profession or any other collateral action play or mediation if it would hurt job duty or was incompatible with the requirements of the profession and the College Council decide to prevent Faculty membership do bye act contrary to the duties of the job and its good performance.
2. to give private lessons-all contrary to the provisions of the previous paragraph should refer to the disciplinary board.
Article 94 may combine teaching in University and national leaderships and country's membership of the Arab Baath Socialist Party and the membership of the central leadership of the national progressive front, the Ministry and the people.
Vi. rights of faculty members article 95 enjoyed faculty members teaching and scientific activity in the exercise of freedom of expression in accordance with academic traditions that adhere to the principles of scientific objectivity and University objectives stipulated in this law.
Article 96 a Faculty Member raises to top notch job after two years in class and 9% to take into account in this promotion if any delay penalties and no later than the specified wage ceiling for each job according to table 4 appended to this law.
B-promotion is by decision of the President of the University.
Article 97 defines functions of faculty members and their levels according to table 1 attached to this law and determines the numerical Angel by Decree.
Article 98 the following functionaries grants a monthly compensation representation in accordance with what comes up.
-Vice President and Director of University and higher education Council Secretary 3500.
-Dean of the College or Institute or Center Director and Trustees 2500.
Deputy Dean of the faculty or Institute and head of Department at college or Institute and head of Division in the Department and Secretary Assistant University 1500.
B-granting faculty member in charge of teaching out of his maximum compensation for 4000 a month plus compensation move in this Bill.
C-higher education Council shall establish the rules governing the granting of such compensation is provided for in paragraph b of this article.
Article 99 provides faculty compensation and bonuses from the decision of the Rector: compensation of administrative burden incumbents scientific management specified in this law.
-Rewards participation in university councils and committees and editorial boards in scientific journals.
-Rewards thesis supervised graduation messages projects and oversee the demonstrator.
Extra teaching hours compensation and compensation work.
-Exam business damages.
-Rewards participating in teaching or supervision and other work in the field of open education.
Article 100 commuter indemnity shall be calculated to the scientific worker in charge of missions against moving into Syrian territory in accordance with the applicable provisions under Act No 50 of 101 article education or faculty may be granted when there are justifiable reasons acceptable to the Rector of the salary advance in accordance with the grounds provided for in law No 50 of 102 article wishes a faculty member for a cash grant equivalent to twice the salary in one case from last : 1. completing the retirement time.
2. the resignation of a pension.
3. discharge for health reasons.
4. Exchange of service of not less than duration of his service in the State for 15 years.
B-cash grant is reduced as the last monthly salary in the event of resignation does not arrange a pension or dismissal because of his service in the State are less than 15 years.
C-it is not permissible to grant monetary exchange mentioned in the preceding paragraphs a and b more than once for the duration of the faculty member's service in the State.
VII. the disciplinary system article 103 costs the University President faculty member in one of the faculties directly investigate faculty member attributed to breaches of academic duties set out in this Act and its implementing regulations and other University systems, investigating provides a report to the President of the University. The Minister may request this report. Member Rector transmits the Detective with him to the disciplinary board if the justification for it.
Article 104 of the Rector to stop any member of staff about his work backed up if the interest of the investigation.
And may not stop for more than three months except by decision of the disciplinary board, the faculty member stood for discontinuing his salary unless the disciplinary board otherwise until the disciplinary hearing.
Article 105 head University faculty member assigned to the disciplinary board charges and a picture on the investigation report before the designated session for at least 20 days.
Article 106 of the faculty member to the Disciplinary Board found on the investigations conducted in the days appointed by the President of the University, and a lawyer to defend him.
Article 107 is trial of faculty members in front of the disciplinary board which consists in each University by a decision of the Minister:-the degree of Advisor member of the Supreme Administrative Court designated by the premier.
-Designated Premier Advisor members.
-One of the Vice Presidents nominated by its members.
-Professor calls it the University Council members.
-A representative of the Union nominated by the Executive Office of professors.
Article 108-disciplinary sanctions that may be imposed on faculty members by the Disciplinary Council are: 1. the alarm.
2. the blame.
3. blame with delay promotion for two years at the most.
4. delay of appointment in the top job for two years at the most.
5. cut offset the additional time compensation time wholly or partly it is due.
6. the disciplinary transfer penalty outside the University, and transportation by a decision of the Prime Minister.
7. removal or expulsion in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
B-the provisions of law No 7 of 1990 on the disciplinary system for faculty members at universities and in keeping with the provisions of this law.
C-the subject of the Disciplinary Council resolutions contained in items (3-4-5-6-7) of the preceding paragraph (a) to appeal to the State Council duly window.
Article 109 disciplinary action expires the resignation of faculty member, except for cases stipulated by laws and regulations on financial irregularities. And disciplinary action has no effect on criminal prosecution and civil action ever on the incident itself.
Article 110 of the Rector to direct faculty member alert which disturbs its duties and be alert orally or in writing. And his signature warning and punishment of censure under article (108) of this law and all of that after hearing the faculty member in the presence of a representative of the Guild, and his decision in that explanation. And the Dean of each College to attain the Rector of all faculty members in its entirety from breach of duties or requirements of the job.
VIII. termination article 111-faculty members to retire shall be referred by the Minister in accordance with the following: 1. Professor: when completed seventy years of age.
2. Assistant Professor: when completed 65 years of age.
3. teacher: when completed sixty years of age.
4. keep professors and assistant professors and teachers reach retirement age during the school year for a maximum of nine months don't count that time in retirement.
B-the Minister may upon proposal from the Board of competent University reasoned, with the approval of the Council of higher education professor after completion of age total compensation equivalent to the difference between his salary and the pension plus legal compensation was paid before his retirement, and be appointed for one year, renewable terms as needed.
Chapter two Arab and foreign faculty members article 112
Faculty may be appointed to non-Arabs, Syrians and foreigners by Scientific Affairs Council considers contracting competency qualifies them for that contract is ratified by a decision of the Minister. And determine their rights and obligations in their employment contract taking into account the following conditions: 1. that the duration of the contract in the first year.
2. the contractor shall bear the expenses of attending University and his family to his headquarters and his and his family's expenses at the end of the decade the country specified in the contract.
3. bear University travel expenses with his family for his country to spend the summer vacation after every three years spent in service to the University.
4. grant Arab Contractors Syrians and foreigners upon their termination bonus month's salary for each year of service.
5. give the heirs of the deceased during his tenure, the University bears the mentioned bonus expenses flown into town.
Article 113 non-Syrian Arabs may be assigned or foreigners as visiting professors for a period not to exceed one year, by decision of the President outlining their compensations at the request of the Council and after taking the opinion of the Faculty Council.
Article 114 non-Syrian Arabs may be contracted or foreigners for teaching foreign languages, and contracted by the President of the University at the request of the competent authority, and the granting of bonus equivalent separates half a month's salary for every year of the first five years of his month's salary for every year over that, subject to the provisions of paragraphs I, II, III and v of article (112) of this law.
Chapter III contractors lecturers article 115 a-1. Syrian or Arabs or hiring highly qualified foreigners that qualifies them to offer their expertise in various fields of University Administration and in teaching and training at the University, and is hired by the President of the University after the University Council approval.
2. determine the remuneration of the contractors and their awards and their rights and obligations in accordance with the principles set out in the regulations.
B the University President may entrust lecturers lecturing versus reward awarded on the basis of one lecture, he may contract with lecturers or tutors on practical aspects of public workers or others in accordance with the rules laid down in the regulations.
C excludes wages and compensation mentioned in the previous paragraphs of the compensation limits set forth in the laws and regulations in force.
Chapter IV body art article 116 members in universities:-business managers.
Associate business planners.
Article 117-Rector appointed members of body art in College at the suggestion of the Council of the League after taking the opinion of the Board of the College and Department specialists.
B apply to the appointment of members of the professional body the provisions of paragraph (d) of article (68) applied to appoint faculty members.
Article 118 stipulates in the designated professional body member or a transferred to be eligible to perform job duties in accordance with the rules established by the Council of higher education.
B-to have at least leave the jurisdiction qualifies him for the job or equivalent according to the rules established by the Council of higher education.
Article 119-requirement to appoint associate business operators succeed in the contest announced by the University according to the conditions and rules set out in articles (8-9-11) of Act No 50 of education or b-designated engineer unsorted for university teaching post of Chargé d'affaires acolyte, updated vacancy is a provision, as for Eng unsorted to teach at the University before the promulgation of this law, given the choice between: 1. transport with job to job based business associate or other functional body functions if the requirements of the specific transport In this Bill.
2. stay in an engineer's job tenure.
Article 120 distinct sets of required: 1. success in a competition announced the University according to the conditions and rules set out in articles (8-9-11) of Act No 50 of 2004 provided that have additional qualification and competence of conformity after the leave, or higher university degree.
2. or have an existing post associate business at least two years.
Article 121 appointed a supervisor is required to: 1. have the post of Chargé d'affaires for a minimum of six years.
2. have gotten through his work and existing business or scientific qualification or professional or technical training is useful in improving the competence, or have contributed to scientific research in their respective fields.
Article 122 in the designated Director of business: 1. to have an admin job to work for a minimum of six years.
2. have gotten through his work and is a qualified business supervisor, professional or scientific or technical training useful in improving competence or that have contributed to scientific research in their respective fields.
Article 123 shall transfer to the professional body functions of State ministries and management and its institutions including universities, the candidate should have the following conditions: 1. to successfully pass an oral test conducted by the University.
2. to have actions match the specialist testified for at least the minimum total durations should associate charge d'affaires spend or charge d'affaires or admin on – as the case may be-in body art when appointed to the job in question.
3. to be a candidate for the post of transport manager must hold a Masters degree or equivalent at least.
Article 124 job candidates may appoint a supervisor and a Manager from outside the universities and by the candidate is available in addition to the conditions stipulated in article (118) of this law, the following conditions: 1. be in a university or a scientific or technical body or scientific or technical Institute recognized acts of the type required by the function for a minimum of six years for the position of admin work and not less than eight years. For the position of Business Manager.
2. hold a scientific or technical qualification higher than leave for business and master's supervisor for the business manager.
3. to be paid or contributed its competence in scientific or technical research and Scientific Affairs Council to approve any scientific for the job.
A-League competition procedures and tests provided for in the preceding articles of chapter IV and the Council of the University on the basis of the opinion of the Faculty Council competition conditions and tests.
B-back estimate qualifier value in improving the competence of the member body art and value the contribution of scientific research to the Scientific Council.
Article 126 University strives to send technical staff to training courses to improve the scientific or professional or technical competence.
Article 127 sets of body art and their levels according to the table (2) numerical Angel identifies facilities by Decree.
Rule 128 applies to technical provisions applicable to members of the faculty provided for in this Act concerning transportation, loan and unpaid leave, resign and IFAD and annual administrative leave and health and general provisions for leave vacations, promotion and salary and compensation rules and compensation of administrative burden and compensating participating on boards and committees and disciplinary system and test business salary advance and cash grant and termination excluding referral retirement whereby retirement technical Board Member completed 65 years of age.
Either send professional members and nomination for grants and training, professional and technical courses are if grants and courses referred to related to competence, qualification was required to participate in these grants and courses without qualifications for Faculty membership.
Article 129 on functional members tend to carry out scientific and research work dealing with practical and teaching exercises and questions and training students in seminars and supervision of scientific activity, and to practice and participate in all related exams. And tend to become the laboratory equipment care and lectures and scientific specimens, suggest acquisition what you need including educational laboratories. And participate in the design and implementation of experiments, and participate in scientific trips and field experiences, and participate in all what he sees as a necessary section, within the competence of each of them, for the proper conduct of the study and scientific research.
Article 130 members of the professional body under the supervision of the competent department head duties, and distributes it to supervise teaching staff in the section.
Article 131, taking into account the provisions of the law (39) for 2001 for business managers and supervisors to write books in specialized work in the Department, and may if necessary be assigned teaching theory hours commensurate with their potential according to the rules prescribed by the regulations.
Article 132-professional Board member is subject to system performance evaluation and development of scientific and technical competence, linguistic and educational duties, in accordance with the rules and conditions established by the Council of higher education.
B-If you do not meet the technical requirements of Board Member calendar system mentioned in paragraph 0 a) transferred to another job is not didactic by decision of the Minister at the suggestion of university councils.
Article 133 regulating the regulations all other provisions relating to members of the professional body is not inconsistent with the provisions of this law and the laws and regulations in force.
Chapter five repeaters article 134 posted in colleges congratulate to prepare scientifically and technically and artistically to be members of the teaching staff. They do what they entrusted relevant section Council of scientific research and scientific and scientific lessons and exercises and other works under the supervision of faculty members, and other acts which cost them by head of Department.
Article 135 appointed marking is required to hold a degree at least leave Syrian universities or equivalent according to the rules established by the Council of higher education.
Article 136-designated demonstrator by the Minister after picking according to rules established by the Council of higher education.
B-the vacant is required to appoint the demonstrator in the University causing a provision in case not available in Angel.
Article 137 a-League must operate on dispatch demonstrator within three years from the date of appointment to get the qualifications specified by the University Council. Demonstrator from treated where rights and duties in accordance with the provisions of the law on Envoy treatment scientific expeditions, IFAD is a decision of the Minister.
B loses demonstrator as a professor in the bookshop: 1. If the objector legation in accordance with rules established by the Board of altlaim.
2. If the desired qualification gets three years after the end of the dispatch.
C-finish Restorer who loses his service under the provisions of paragraph (b) and drain his rights in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Rule 138 establishes levels of teaching assistants according to table 3 annexed to this law decree establishes numerical Angel and applies them applies to faculty members regarding promotion.
Article 139 of the regulations governing administrative assistant professors, not inconsistent with the provisions of this law.
Part four degrees and study plans article 140 universities offer degrees in accordance with the provisions contained in the regulations and internal regulations for colleges.
Article 141 defines regulations rules degree awarded by universities and their respective terms.
Article 142 the executive regulation general rules of study plans and organizes the details of these plans in the internal regulations of colleges.
Title v financial matters for universities article 143 exception to Legislative Decree No 92 of 1967 placed below mentioned resources collected by universities as resources in a separate account in the commercial bank of Syria as received by Syrian pound foreign exchange or Exchange are in: 1. the additional time compensation in accordance with the provisions of the law governing the teaching staff members of the Ministry are empty.
2. awards and bonuses specified in article 99 of this law and targets established by the Minister discretion in coordination with the Minister of finance and the Exchange is by University President under attribution.
3. the allocation of the Ministry Exchange is calculated by the Minister in his discretion defined goals in coordination with the Minister of Finance:
-Tuition fees, except that the income will return to the Treasury General of the nation (registration fee, gradebook, draw to progress from outside the University exam for each course, draw a supplementary exam, listening, alternative certification, certification fee) b-grants and subsidies, gifts and bequests that are accepted by the University Council in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
C-University facilities returns.
D-updated fees for accommodation in University City.
E-investment allowances, restaurants and canteens, forums and buildings and stalls in college towns and other University facilities.
Article 144 the Rector is is maintenance and paymaster and his to distribute what he thinks of the appropriations earmarked in the budget or independent accounts as delegate some of his powers to anyone on the basis of financial law promulgated by Legislative Decree 1967 article 92 145 University funds shall be deposited in the State budget at the Central Bank and may not be moved except by paymaster or his representative in accordance with the financial regulation in force.
Article 146 show regulations for this law: 1. rules of accepting donations and contributions which do not interfere with the objectives of universities.
2. how to make separate accounts in situations that require certain resources to achieve specific objectives that do not interfere with the provisions of this law and provides the speed and flexibility in the work of the universities.
Article 147 University are exempt from all fiscal and customs taxes and fees and overhead costs of different types and from all import restrictions on all imported equipment, tools and machinery and vehicles not tourist and technical equipment and laboratory and medical and scientific publications, laboratory and medical materials and each received grants or donations or loans that serve higher education policy.
Article 148 the University funds is state money.
Section vi transitional and final provisions article 149 issued regulations under this decree-law and in particular include organizing the following: 1. all detailed rules necessary to put this law into practice what do not interfere with his judgment.
2. education systems.
3. terms of reference for the scientific management positions at universities and functions of Trustees and bodies and accreditation rules within the limits specified in this law.
4. the foundations of the system of providing expertise and advice and practise.
5. General rules and conditions for the admission of students in universities.
6. student discipline.
7. the General rules of the examination system.
8. postgraduate system.
9. extended study and exam and holiday.
10. rules of assignment.
11. the rules governing social, sports and cultural activities for students.
12. quorum system and teaching system of working hours for all employees in the University scientists do not interfere with the provisions of this law.
13. management of university institutions like hospitals, printing presses and fairs and University and college towns and other.
14. identify types of University fees and other fees and how their performance and conditions of exemption.
15. a-select types of compensation and bonuses mentioned in article 99 of this law excludes such awards of compensation limits provided for in the laws and regulations in force.
B determine the types of compensation and bonuses and wages and grants all workers at universities and others, including those in the field of open education which is not stipulated in this law.
16. rules for granting rewards and subsidies of different types.
Article 150 is determining the amount of compensation or remuneration and grants contained in item 15 of article 149 of this Act and determine the proportion of own resources Ministry account mentioned in article 143 of the law-decree upon the proposal of the Secretary, in coordination with the Minister of finance.
Article 151 the Minister may delegate some of his powers Rector specified in this law.
Article 152 the demobilization compensation is deserved pension or receiving State under the provisions of article 84 of this law for at least ten years in universities return home from deployment.
Article 153 is the decisions and orders issued in Student Affairs of the University boards and committees concluded.
Article 154 is a freelance higher education teachers sentenced with shwaghrhm of the Ministry of higher education to the professional body membership functions in the University where studying owners while authenticating to the next promotion.
Article 155 until regulations under that law keep texts contained in laws and regulations concerning the Organization of universities and colleges in effect to the extent that do not interfere with the provisions of this law.
Article 156 benefit faculty members and professional staff and teaching assistants at universities and colleges affiliated to Ministry aides their head and their equivalents on the effective date of this law of special upgrade bonus 25% of monthly salary while broken foot to raise up to specified ceilings next to their jobs in Schedule 4 to this Act.
Article 157 at all unless stipulated in this law applies the law number 50 for 2004 Article 158 this Act replaces Act 1 31-01-1975 date article 159 this law shall be published in the Official Gazette and is valid starting from the first month following the date of publication. Damascus on 4/12/2005 4/1/2006 m.
President Bashar Al-Assad
Search Translated Laws of Syria