0.631.252.913.697.1 translation Arrangement between the Swiss Confederation and the Federal Republic of Germany concerning the control on the boats of the public companies of navigation on the Kreuzlingen/Constance-Stein am Rhein determined course on October 9, 1968, entered into force by Exchange of notes April 1, 1969 art. 1. the Swiss and German tests can be performed on the boats of the public companies of navigation along the road between Kreuzlingen/Konstanz and Stein am Rhein, or in the stations on this route. They apply to all persons who, to cross the border on the boats designated pursuant to art. 3, by. 2, go up or down stations spread over said route, as well as luggage carry these people and, as a general rule, also to checked baggage.
Art. 2. (1) the boats designated pursuant to art. 3, by. 2, constitute the area for German agents, and on parts of the course in German territory, the area for the Swiss agents located in Switzerland, parts of the course.
(2) in the stations, the adjacent State officers have the right to withhold from the jetty, on the adjacent part of the shore, in the premises made available to them, as well as on the channels giving access to these premises, arrested persons and goods or evidence seized on the boat. During the performance of official acts required for this purpose, these places are considered area.
(3) officials of the adjacent State can bring in this State by one of the next schedule boats arrested persons and goods or the evidence seized; in case the use of a boat would be inadvisable, they can bring back them by the road link shorter.
Art. 3 (1) management of customs Schaffhausen district and superior management of finance in Fribourg-Br. regulate other issues of detail by mutual agreement and after agreement with the public companies of navigation; If it is necessary, in collaboration with the competent Swiss police and the German competent office of border police authorities.
(2) they refer to in the same way, depending on the needs and the opportunity, the boats on which is carried out the control in accordance with article 1.
(3) the highest rank of the two States, in service, officers agreed short-term measures.
Art. 4 (1) in accordance with art. 1, by. 4, of the convention of June 1, 1961, the present arrangement will be confirmed and implemented by Exchange of diplomatic notes.
(2) the agreement may be denounced through diplomatic channels for the first day of a month, with 6 months ' notice.
RS 0.631.252.913.690 RO 1969 366 the original text is published under the same number, in the German edition of this compendium.
To the senses of the art. 4 by. 1 of the conv. Germano-Suisse of June 1, 1961 (RS 0.631.252.913.690), the area in German territory in accordance with this agreement is attached to the town of Steckborn.
State November 5, 1999