The Royal Decree 949/2001, of 3 August, which regulates the access by third parties to the gas facilities and establishing an integrated economic system of the natural gas sector, develops the basic lines which should contain rules management technology of the natural gas system, establishing in its article 13(1) to the technical manager of the system in collaboration with the rest of the subjects involved, prepare a proposal of standards of management technology system, which will elevate to the Minister for approval or modification.
Pursuant to the above, the Minister of industry, tourism and trade, it issued the order ITC/3126/2005, on 5 October, which approve the norms of technical management of the gas system. Such an order, in its first final provision empowers the Directorate-General for energy and mines to adopt the measures necessary for the implementation and enforcement of the order, in particular to approve and modify protocols detail the rules of technical management and other requirements, rules, documents and established operating procedures to allow the proper functioning of the system.
The aforementioned order ITC/3126/2005, of October 5, the standard of management technique NGTS-12, paragraph 12.2, gas establishes the creation of a working group for updating, revision and modification of the rules responsible for filing for approval by the Department of energy and mines, of proposals for updating, revision and modification of rules and protocols for management of the system.
Based on the above, has been received with date of July 8, 2008, by the Manager technical system, a proposal for a new Protocol in detail «Allocation of dates of discharge of ships in regasification plants», which aims to develop the allocation processes windows from unloading ships scheduled for the users in the system regasification plants.
Also, the order ITC/3126/2005, 5 October, in their final disposition second, authorizes the Directorate-General for energy and mines to modify management system technical standards, following a report of the National Energy Commission, in order to maintain its structure and content permanently updated.
According to the above, has been received with date of November 4, 2010, by the technical manager of the system, a proposal for a modification of the standard management technique NGTS-03 «Settings» in its paragraph 3.6.1, in order to have an average value of stock of liquefied natural gas in more than the current regasification plants and thus promote the security of the system.
According to the eleventh additional provision, paragraph third, law 34/1998, of October 7, the hydrocarbons Sector, this resolution has been the subject of report of the National Commission of energy and this, for the elaboration of his report, in accordance with article 5.5 of the Royal Decree 1339 / 1999, 31 July by which approves are the regulations of the National Commission of energy, has taken into account the allegations made in the hearing process carried out through the Consultative Council of hydrocarbons.
By virtue of, this General Directorate resolves: first.
Approves the Protocol of detail PD-13 «Allocation of dates of unloading of ships in regasification plants», included in the annex to the present resolution.
Amending paragraph 3.6 of standard management technique NGTS-03 «Settings», approved by the order ITC/3126/2005, 5 October, by which approve standards of technical management of the gas system, the terms listed below.
«3.6 programming of regasification of LNG plants.
The GTS, with the information provided by holders of regasification plants shall be informed within the time limits set out in rules management technique in the system of the dates of scheduled maintenance, as well as other additional, such as days affected by tides and night restrictions conditions.
Users of regasification plants, be sent to the holder installation settings associated with the discharge of vessels, and the regasification and gas output from the regasification plant to the corresponding transport network, using the logistic system of third party access to the network (SL-ATR).
In addition, the regasification of LNG plant operator will receive and shall take into account the application of load of tanks that supply the distribution networks and industrial customers supplied through the satellite plants of LNG.
The regasification of LNG plant operator will simulate the viability of the program.
When the programming is not practicable, the operator shall inform the corresponding users so that they change their programming.
When programming is viable, operator will confirm its viability to the involved subjects and mail it to the operators concerned.
Schedules for regasification plants will be collected, the periodicity and scope in detail Protocol "PD-07 schedules and nominations in transport infrastructure".
The definitive annual programming must include at least the tentative dates of downloads for each of large vessels continuously over long distances and traffic with a single source, in order to facilitate the continuity of employment of these vessels to the assigned traffic as much as possible and on a priority basis. In the case that in the case of shipments that are shared with other marketers, each shall specify the amount of LNG that apply to you.
The allocation of the dates of discharge of ships in regasification plants settings will be made pursuant to the Protocol of detail "PD-13 allocation of dates of unloading of vessels in plants of regasification".
The programming of download of a ship only may be modified or eliminated by causes justified and prior knowledge and acceptance of the holder of the plant of regasification and of the Manager technical of the system, except that is put in danger the security of the system.
Is will create a register, maintained by the Manager technical of the system, of windows of download of ships assigned, not assigned and free in each an of them plants, of free access to the holders of them plants and them marketers.
When the operator of each plant of regasification of LNG declare viable it programming quarterly, set and communicate the date of download of each vessel (window). Each user will receive the information relative to their respective ships.
The procedure of download of ships is detail in the Protocol of detail corresponding.
Daily, those users will provide to them operators of them plants of regasification any modification on the program monthly of downloads assigned, using for this the system logistics of access of third to the network (SL-ATR).
3.6.1. for the purposes of efficient management of the facilities and to prevent any situations of land-grabbing, the technical manager of the system apply to users charges which shall be calculated in accordance with the provisions below.
The technical System Manager will determine daily and globally for the whole of the plants, each user LNG stocks, calculated as a moving average of thirty days (including the current day). Means the set of users that belong to the same corporate group as the same user.
In the case that this value exceed the energy equivalent to ten times the contracted regasification capacity, the technical manager of the system apply daily to stocks of that user that exceed the above limit, the following daily charge: • excess not exceeding four days: twice and the barrel LNG storage in force.
• Above four days: ten times the barrel of LNG storage in force.
For those users for which the energy equivalent to 10 days of it capacity of regasification contracted is lower to 300 GWh, is will employ this last value as limit, provided that the excess of stock on them 10 days of capacity contracted, until reach the limit of them 300 GWh, is intended to the consumption own or of their customers.
These payments will be additional to the canon daily of storage of LNG baggage by the holder of the plant of regasification and will have the consideration of income payable of the system.
Is empowered to it address General of political energy and mines to modify the procedure of calculation earlier depending on the evolution of the market and the capacity of storage.
He Manager technical of the system may give slogans of operation different to them nominations of them users to facilitate the download of ships in the plants of regasification, what will be reflected in it has of Balance Residual of the system (BRS-2, defined in Protocol of detail PD-11).
Irrespective of the foregoing, all programming discharge of ships will be limited by the physical storage capacity that is available in LNG tanks at all times. The technical System Manager may refuse ships discharge settings when put in danger the security of the system, through the application of a previously approved, known, transparent and non-discriminatory procedure.
3.6.2. publication of ships discharge settings. A time declared viable it programming monthly of download of ships of gas natural liquefied in them plants of regasification by them operators, the Manager technical of the system will publish the following information for each plant: • ships expected, indicating classification of ship according to its size.
• Amount of gas to download.
«• windows free of download if them had, indicating for each month the days specific in which could have possibility of download of new ships and possible sizes allowable.»
Where the logistic system of third party access to the network (SL-ATR) do not admire it, the information referred to in the second paragraph of the present resolution on settings or modifications thereof, will be sent by users to the technical manager of the system other telematic means commonly and for a maximum period of one year from the entry into force of this resolution.
It replaces the content of the paragraph 6.1.1 of the Protocol in detail PD-07 'Schedules and nominations in transport infrastructures', approved by resolution of April 20, 2007, of the Directorate-General for energy and mines, which amending certain technical of the gas system management standards and to establish various protocols detail the content that follows : «6.1.1 contents of those schedules.»
Monthly detail for the 12 months of the following year, from January to December, for the following concepts: 1. discharge of ships: • monthly amount (GWh/month).
• Source of the gas.
• Number and size of vessels to be used (according to the classification of the PD-13 detail Protocol "Slotting of discharge of ships in regasification plants").
• Name of the ship (if you knew in advance) or type of vessel for each shipment, indicating if it is total, and in case of being incomplete, the amount to download download.
• Date of discharge requested for each vessel, specifying the devoted continuously to long distance traffic and with a single source.
• Stretch of demand to whose supply is intended each one of them ships, in accordance with the definitions of sections contained in the Protocol of detail PD-13 "allocation of dates of download of vessels in plants of regasification". In the case of a vessel that supplies to the two segments of demand, this shall be considered assigned to the majority section. Only is allowed a ship destined to those two sections of demand to the year by user.
• Indicate shared vessels and the subject with which is shared (failing that indicate amount of shared vessel is intended for the user).
2 regasification: • monthly amount to regasification (GWh/month).
• User destination quantity in regasification. Is indicated if is regasified for if same or with destination to another user (if not is indicates user different, is considered that the regasification it performs the own user for if same).
3. load of tanks.
• Amount of tanks to load (GWh / month and number of cisterns), for the 12 months of the year following, of January to December, detailed by each an of them plants satellite to which is supplied.
4. consumption by lines direct connected to the plant's regasification, identifying the line for that is program.
«5. exchanges of LNG in tank, indicating amount and subject counterpart (optional).»
This resolution shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, 29 of March of 2012.-the Director General of political energy and mines, Jaime Suárez Perez-lucas.
ANNEX PROTOCOL OF DETAIL PD-13 «allocation of dates of download of vessels in plants of regasification» 1. Object the present Protocol of detail develops them processes of allocation of dates of download to them ships scheduled by the users in the plants of regasification of the system.
2. field of application this Protocol is of application to all them users that use the facilities of download of ships LNG carriers of them plants of regasification of the system, to them holders of the same and to the Manager technical of the system (GTS).
3. definitions 3.1 types of ships.
For the purposes of this Protocol, for the allocation of dates of download of ships in it programming annual is used the following classification of ships depending on its capacity: volume (m3 LNG) energy that is deemed to download by each ship scheduled (GWh) XXL (extra large) V > 216,000 1,660 XL (very large) 150,000 < V ≤ 216,000 1,500 L (large) 75,000 < V ≤ 150,000 900 M (medium) 40,000 < V ≤ 75,000 485 S (small) V ≤ 40,000 220 3.2 section of demand.
The stretch of demand shall refer to the classification of total demand to cater for the users of the regasification plants supplied from these facilities, in order to prioritize allocation of dates of unloading of ships in annual programming. This demand will be classified into two groups: section 1 and section 2.
In any case, the demand provided by the set of users to set year «n» shall not exceed a range of reasonable deviation in relation to the demand for the system planned by the GTS for that year, in accordance with provisions in the Protocol of detail PD-08 'Schedules and nominations of consumption in distribution networks'. If demand provided by users is over the limit, be to adjust it according to the procedure laid down in this Protocol.
3.2.1 section 1 of demand.
The section 1 (T1) scheduled for the year «n» user shall be calculated according to the following equation: T1 = DC + OF + ∆DC + ∆DE + I + SGOT + STUR - E + S + to be: • DC: conventional demand of mobile year (defined as the twelve months prior to the month limit for the submission of annual programming to the owners of the plants) made with data from the monthly balance. Closed balances shall be taken whenever they are available, or in their absence, the best available provisional balance. The supplied demand from the auctions in the terms STUR and SGOT gas will not be included.
•: Electricity demand for thermal power stations of combined cycle (CTCC). The calculation shall be regarded as a factor of average annual use of the system for the year «n» scheduled (FCn), to be applied to each user depending on their load factor of mobile last year according to the following formula: here an image appears in the original. See the PDF document official and authentic.
Where:-FCin: «i» user load factor, provided for in year «n».
-FCimovil: user «i» in the previous mobile year load factor. Those combined cycle power PLANT, who have been in evidence in the previous mobile year is considered for the calculation of the load factor.
-FCn: load factor medium system planned for the year «n».
-FCmovil: medium system load factor in mobile last year.
The GTS will determine and publish on its website the methodology used for the calculation of FCn, FCmovil and FCimovil. By applying this methodology the GTS will calculate and publish annually on its website the FCn, and FCmovil values.
Also, calculate FCin value according to the exposed formula and communicated to each user the value that corresponds.
• ∆DC: new conventional demonstrated new customers demand individual contracted for annual consumption higher than 50 GWh/year to year «n». This demand will be discounted, in the event that customer had been provided the previous year by another marketer, this statement. Both users conveniently inform holders of infrastructures and the GTS providing the customer letter of compliance to the change of supplier. If there was no such document, this consumption would be considered in section 2.
• ∆DE: new electricity demand of new cycles combined into operation in year «n». This request will be granted, where cycle had been provided the previous year by another marketer, this statement. Both users shall conveniently infrastructure owners and the GTS gives the change of supplier, the customer letter of compliance where appropriate. If there was no such document, this consumption would be considered in section 2.
For the calculation of this new demand for electricity will apply provisions for the calculation of «OF». For those users who did not have the previous mobile year corresponding to CTCC consumption the average system load factor will be used.
In the case of new cycles with putting into operation in the year «n», for the calculation of the associated demand, if not there is no objective information justified by a third party, will be used installed power and data intended start date, published by the National Energy Commission, in their reports on the demand of electric power and its coverage.
• I: balance of the wholesale operations closed with other users of the system for the year «n», defined as sales made by the user for which estimated demand less purchases. In the event that a user (Distributor 1) which counts demand (conventional or electric) and another user (2 Distributor) which download the LNG regasification plant, both shall inform conveniently holders of infrastructures and the GTS what distributor 1 or 2 should be assigned the date of discharge corresponding to the demand of the Distributor 1 depending on the trade agreement among them reached.
• SGOT: Gas destined for operation and minimum level in transport, storage and regasification facilities to supply in the year of programming «n». This amount will only be taken into account for those cases in which the delivery takes place within the Spanish gas system.
• E: inputs assigned to the user by international connections and underground deposits in the year of programming «n».
• S: outputs assigned to the user by international connections and regasification plants in the year of programming «n».
• STUR: Gas awarded in the auction for the supply to last resort tariff required scheduled year «n». Posted this data only the successful bidder of the auction and will be taken into account only for the award period.
• A: net balance of obligations for maintenance of strategic and operational stocks in force in scheduled year «n» (calculated as less opening final inventory).
3.2.2 section 2 of demand.
Section 2 of a scheduled year «n» user demand include the growth of demand, exports and gas stored in year «n», as well as wholesale operations, which have not previously been considered in the determination of segment 1 of demand.
4. allocation of dates of unloading of ships in the annual programming of 4.1 factors regasification plants.
Users will be a distribution more homogeneous possible discharges in each month.
A_la_hora_de assign the dates of discharge of ships in the annual programming, the holders of the GTS and regasification plants shall take into account the following conditions: to) the total amount of annual/monthly to download in a plant by the set of users may not exceed the sum of the annual/monthly maximum capacities of emission and loading of tankers and a reasonable estimate of the burden of ships. The calculation of these capabilities will take place according to the Protocol of detail PD-09 «Calculation of permissible ranges for the values of the basic Variables of Control within the normal range of operation of the system».
(b) the maximum annual/monthly for a user in a regasification plant shall not exceed the annual/monthly capacity contracted in this plant by that user, corrected by the wholesale operations carried out on the ground.
(c) the total annual amount to download programmed for each user in the whole of the plants of the system will be equal to or less than the sum of the section 1 and section 2 of their demand for scheduled year-round.
(d) the monthly maximum amount to download for a user (QM) in the whole of the regasification plants shall comply with the following equation: QM ≤ Di - Ei + if + Ai + Ii + Fi where: • Di: user demand «i» in the «M» month of scheduled year-round, including conventional and electric demand and the demand associated with auctions for supply to last resort tariff and the acquisition of gas operation , gas gas mattress (in cases in which this gas delivery takes place within the Spanish gas system) and heel.
• Ei: Tickets assigned to user 'i' for international connections and deposits in the «M» month of scheduled year-round.
• If: outputs assigned to user 'i' for international connections and regasification plants in the «M» month of scheduled year-round.
• Ai: Balance net storage underground, defined as injection less extraction, assigned to user «i» in the «M» month of scheduled year-round.
• Ii: Balance of wholesalers closed operations with other users of the system, defined as sales less purchases, made by the user «i» in the «M» month of scheduled year-round.
• Fi: Logistic flexibility assigned to user 'i' for the whole of the plants in the system. This parameter which should be as close to 0, for the total of the year Mobile is defined for each month as the greater of the following two amounts: 3 days of the regasification capacity daily contracted throughout the plants for the month in question or 450 GWh.
The definition of Ai shall be taken into account the following conditions: 1. If storage capacity contracted by the user for the year is not known scheduled «n», is used of the year "n-1" 2. Each month will be taken as a starting point calculated ending stocks of the previous month.
3. it will be considered for each user the following limitations to the monthly capacity of extraction (Lext) and injection (Liny), according to the following formulas: Lext = CTE by 0.8 by days/month no. percent assigned operating volume user.
Liny = CTI by 0.8 by no. days/month x % volume operating assigned user.
Being:-CTE: technical capacity of extraction daily published by the GTS.
-CTI: Technical capacity of daily injection published by the GTS.
-Assigned operating volume % user: here an image appears in the original. See the PDF document official and authentic.
(e) the maximum number of dates of discharge allowed for a given month regasification plant is function of the capabilities of this plant.
4.2 assignment process dates of discharge in the annual programme.
The GTS will determine and publish the demand of the scheduled year «n», which corresponds to section 1 and section 2 for the whole of the system. Also calculate the demand of the scheduled year «n», which corresponds to section 1 and section 2 of each user, taking into account the information from the annual programming of demand from users and set out in paragraphs 3 and 4.1 of this Protocol, and shall communicate this to the users and owners of affected plants.
With the information provided by the GTS and the users settings, holders of the regasification plants shall assign the dates of discharge of ships in their facilities, taking into account the factors set out in section 4.1, and in accordance with the procedure described below.
He is assigned in the first place and for all users the dates of discharge of vessels associated with segment 1 of demand for the year «n». Download dates requested a day (forward it or delaying it), may move to reduce overlap of dates, after consultation with those affected. Once completed, will be communicated to each user information from the interim allocation that suits you and publish the download of each plant software.
From the day of its publication, users will have a period of seven calendar days to propose changes to matching discharge dates scheduled for vessels assigned by means of bilateral agreements among users, who shall inform the holder of the regasification plant and the GTS.
Once exhausted the time and in the case where there are two or more vessels that have provided for download on a same date and in a same plant without that users have come to an agreement, reserves a / date/s of download in the / s immediately preceding date/s / is or later / to the initially requested by matching vessels. Bliss/s date/s will be / located n / s the / vessel/s finally owed / n scroll, to date delivery of monthly programming within the M-3 month include the date in conflict. If that time coincidence persists we will proceed according to paragraph 7.
Once the slotting of discharge from ships associated with segment 1 (and taking into account reservations for dates of shock matching), will proceed to assign the dates of discharge from ships associated with the section 2. I should match the scheduled date of a ship in section 2 with the date assigned for a ship of segment 1 is amended section 2 to the next available ship date. It should have two or more ships section 2 with matching discharge dates be booked one / date/s of download in the / s immediately preceding date/s / is or later / to the initially requested by matching vessels. Bliss/s date/s will be / located n / s the / vessel/s finally owed / n scroll, to date delivery of monthly programming within the M-3 month include the date in conflict. If that time coincidence persists we will proceed according to paragraph 7.
Done the above, there will be the annual programming of ships with tentative dates of discharge discharge. Holders of the regasification plant shall the response of viability to the users of this plant and the GTS. Upon receipt the cardholder of the plant, the GTS analyzes schedules and its impact on the whole of the system, will answer of feasibility and will publish the definitive annual programming.
The tentative dates of discharge and the established order will be used as reference for the assignment of discharge dates scheduled in the monthly programming, where it will be noted that the user meets the NGTS, in particular with the limitations to the level of growing stock of LNG plant that were in force.
4.3 update of the annual program.
Whereas as dates limit the 15 of January and the 15 of July, those users that download ships in them plants of regasification of the system, can send a review of the programming annual that affects to the rest of the year in course.
A time received the set of them reviews of users that have decided modify its program annual is will proceed to update the programming annual initial resulting of the process of allocation of dates of download attempts.
If there are matching dates of discharge as a result of the update download priority be given to those ships assigned to segment 1 whose expected date of discharge has not been modified in the half-yearly review of existing annual programming. If the coincidence is reviews of tentative download by all users dates from and both ships have consideration of section 1 or section 2 (remains the priority of discharge considered section 1 vessels on those considered in section 2), opens a process of information and resolution of overlapping dates similar to the process of elaboration of the initial annual programme.
Regardless of it earlier, those users may propose updates point of its programming. These will be published provided that they do not pose substantial modifications to the global annual program and not have negative impact on the dates scheduled by third parties.
5. allocation of dates of download of ships in the horizon quarterly them users sent the programming monthly corresponding to them three months following with the detail indicated in the PD-07 «schedules and nominations in infrastructures of transport» and in the dates established in the same.
The following reference information will be used for the analysis of the viability of the monthly programming: 1. the binding monthly programming carried out the previous month.
2. the dates of discharge set out in the annual programme for the analysis of the periods where an allocation of binding dates for download there is no result of the previous monthly programming.
5.1 first month of the horizon quarterly.
The last binding discharge of vessels included in the previous monthly programming, programming will be respected maintaining assigned discharge dates provided the expected maximum levels of the plant will allow such discharge. In case contrary, is assigned the first date back to the assigned that is compatible with the viability physical of each plant.
Then, and for those dates that have not been already assigned in the binding programming of each plant, discharge dates requested by users in the month M-1 of the new monthly programming, examining compliance with the following criteria and by the order in which are quoted, to prioritization of the downloads will be analysed: 1. the user must not exceed average LNG stocks maximum allowed in the whole of the regasification plants for each period of the year.
2. the user must not exceed 5 days of stockholding of LNG in tanks in the set's the re-gasification plants.
3. the user not must overcome them 5 days of storage of stocks of LNG in tanks in each plant's regasification.
4 If the above is not fulfilled and are affected the following downloads, is assigned as scheduled discharge date first available date of fulfillment of the limitations to the level of growing stock of LNG plant that were in force. In the case of dates matching is will respect the priority of download established in the last programming binding available.
Subsequently, we will analyze the feasibility of transport, in accordance with the Protocol of detail PD-09 «Calculation of permissible ranges for the values of the Basic Control within the normal range of operation of the System Variables» and considering the innings minimum and maximum for each connection.
Once considered if we need to make a detour, in accordance with the regulations, the GTS shall notify holders of plant compliance with the criteria for prioritization of discharges by each user, that is carried out the allocation of the dates of discharge for the first month, which shall be regarded as binding as set out at NGTS-03 «Settings» and on «Schedules and nominations in transport infrastructures» PD-07 , once the GTS has responded to viability.
5.2. second and third month of the quarterly horizon.
A time established the programming of downloads of the first month, is will proceed to assign them dates of download of the second and third month, that will have the consideration of binding according to it established in the NGTS-03 «settings» and in the PD-07 «schedules and nominations in infrastructures of transport».
The allocation criteria will be used in the section 5.1.
6. allocation of dates of unloading ships inter-monthly management for allocation of dates of unloading of ships in the event of requests for modification of the binding programs, used the same criteria set out in paragraph 5.1, whether these calls for change of date of discharge or requests for new dates for discharge, and upon justification of the user of the need for such changes. The changes requested, will have as a condition to not affect third-party downloads and have the viability of the holder of the GTS and regasification plant.
7 rules for prioritization in requests for unloading of ships with matching dates to assign priorities for download, in the case of which there are two or more ships scheduled on the same date in the same plant and users have not reached an agreement on the modification of this program, follow as indicated below.
The GTS will keep an ordered list alphabetically for all users. This list is reorder annually through a draw in which the lyric from which defined the order of priority of discharge, so that will appear at the top of the list those users whose name begins with the letter which would have resulted from the draw, following other users according to alphabetical order will be established.
In the case of a clash of dates, download priority will be assigned to the user who is in first place in the list; and once assigned, that user becomes the last place. And so on.