Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-6708
The organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, on universities, was born with the purpose of promoting the action of the General Administration of the State in the structuring and cohesion of the University system, deepen the competences of the autonomous communities in the field of higher education, increase the degree of autonomy of the universities constitutionally recognized and consecrated, and establish the channels needed to strengthen relationships and reciprocal links between University and society.
The essential objective of the Act was, therefore, the improvement of the quality of the University system as a whole, which are as irreplaceable part universities and university centers.
The organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, regulates in its title I the nature, creation, recognition and status of public and private universities, establishing for this purpose the rules for its implementation and operation. Next to it, title II of the aforementioned organic law establishes rules on the structure of public and private universities, with special attention to the structure of centres and departments, as well as the University research institutes and higher education centres attached to universities.
Current statutory regulation in terms of universities and institutes, on the other hand, dates back to the year 1991, when was, in development of the organic law 11/1983, of 25 August, University reform, the adoption of the Royal Decree 557/1991, of 12 April, on creation and recognition of universities and university centres, modified by Royal Decree 485/1995 , of 7 April.
This Royal Decree established a series of basic rules for the creation and recognition of these centres, taking into account the needs arising from the general university education programming: is regulated, through it, the common requirements for the creation or recognition of universities, concrete and specific expectations of public and private centres, commissioning of the same procedure , as well as the secondment of centers to universities public and private or the establishment of centres foreigners to impart teachings of level University in Spain, according to systems educational force in others countries.
However, the long elapsed, as well as the approval of the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, and it important modification suffered by the same through it law organic 4 / 2007, of 12 of April, motivated fundamentally by them agreements that in matter of political of education upper is adopted in the breast of the Union European , and by the impulse that the same aims to give to the research in all its countries members, advise addressing a review deep of the regime regulatory of regulation of universities and centers University, public and private.
The circumstances already exposed, therefore, recommended to address comprehensive regulation of the basic requirements of creation and recognition of universities and public and private universities, and the procedure for the approval of the beginning of the same, simplifying and streamlining requirements up to now established in the regulations in force.
On the other hand, regulates the institutional accreditation of centres, as an alternative to the model of accreditation of titles existing at present in our country, which since its definition in 2007, the Spanish adaptation to quality assessment proposals derived from the European space of higher education.
The current model of accreditation of teachings was defined on a basis very garantistas for titles that are implanted, in a three-stage process: verification or accreditation ex ante, tracking of implanted titles and renewal of accreditation of diplomas to six years in the case of degrees and doctorates and four years for master's degrees.
This three-stage process puts the accent on 'academic security' title authorized after verification and monitoring of its implementation to minimize risks in the renewal of the implementation.
It is, therefore, a costly process in their development by universities and agencies, which must undertake assessment procedures derived from the same. This fact, joined the so large number of titles presented by the universities for verification and implementation, with mandatory authorisation from regional Governments for the titles of public universities, emphasizes the desirability of trying to find formulas more efficient, alternatives to the current model and aligned with the requirements of the European area of higher education and with the trend in other European higher education systems which includes an institutional dimension in the accreditation process.
By this, is modifies the Real Decree 1393 / 2007, of 29 of October, by which is sets the management of them teachings University official, to allow to those centers that have retrieved the accreditation institutional renew the accreditation of them degrees official that impart without need of submit is to the procedure planned in said real Decree.
Moreover, the existence of different centers University of the Defense attached to universities public of different communities autonomous advised provide them of a regulation uniform in matter of personal teaching and with regard to them powers University.
In the elaboration of the present real Decree has issued report the Council of universities, and has been subject to consultation of the communities autonomous in the breast of the Conference General of political University.
By virtue, on the proposal of the Minister of education, culture and sport and Minister of health, social services and equality, with the prior approval of the Minister of finance and public administration, in accordance with the Council of State and after deliberation by the Council of Ministers at its meeting of May 29, 2015, HAVE: CHAPTER I General provisions article 1. Object.
Is the subject of this Royal Decree the basic regulation of requirements of creation and recognition of universities and public and private universities, the secondment of university centres, the institutional accreditation of all universities, the procedure for the approval of the start of its activities in development of provisions of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December Universities, as well as the authorization of centers that impart teaching leading to the obtaining of foreign titles.
Article 2. Denominations.
1. only can call is universities those that are created or recognized as such to the amparo of the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, and of the present Royal Decree.
2. only can hold them denominations own of them centers to is concerns the article 7 of the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, and of them others that impart teachings leading to the obtaining of titles University official, those that are created or recognized as such.
3. in accordance with it established in the available additional nineteenth of it law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, not may use is denominations that by their meaning may induce to confusion with them universities and centers to is refer them paragraphs earlier.
CHAPTER II universities that impart teaching leading to qualifications official of system educational Spanish article 3. Creation and recognition of universities.
The creation of public universities and private universities recognition be held by law, report of the Conference General University policy in accordance with articles 4 and 5 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, on universities.
For the preparation of the report of the General Conference on University policy, which shall take a decision in terms of favorable or unfavorable to the creation or recognition of universities, the requirements established in the regulations in force shall be taken into account.
Section 1 basic requirements for the creation and recognition of universities article 4. Requirements of the universities.
Universities, public and private, must have adequate resources to provide the public service of higher education and develop the functions provided for in article 1 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December. Adequate resources means the minimum requirements that all University must save for the fulfilment of its purposes. These minimum requirements are set out in this article and the following. For this purpose, for the creation of a public University and a private University recognition, the following requirements must be met: a) have a minimum academic offer of official degrees b) have an appropriate research program.
(c) dispose of teaching and research staff in sufficient numbers and with adequate qualification.
(d) have installations, means and resources for the fulfilment of its functions.
(e) have an organization and appropriate structure.
(f) ensure the provision of the service, as well as the maintenance of its activities as regulated by article 9.
(g) ensure that their statutes, legal regime and rules of organization and operation conform to the provisions of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, in the regulations of the respective autonomous community and in this Royal Decree.
Article 5. Requirements basic of those centres teaching attached to universities.
1. in accordance with the provisions of article 11 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, the secondment of centres will require the prior conclusion of a Convention with the University in accordance with provisions in their statutes or rules of operation and the present Royal Decree.
2. the conventions of secondment will be subscribed by the Rector of the University and the representative legal of it entity holder.
3. the secondment agreement shall include, at a minimum, the relationship of university educations of official character which will be held at the affiliated Centre, criteria for admission of the teachings, forecasts concerning the economic regime that has governed relations between the affiliated Centre and the University, the rules for the appointment of the Director of the affiliated Centre, and the procedure for requesting «venia docendi» of its teaching staff of the University.
4. the autonomous community must report the assignment of the Ministry of education, culture and sport, centres for the purposes of the registration of the corresponding centers in the register of universities, centres and degrees (RUCT). Also, will report to the Conference General of political University.
5. the University titles corresponding to official teachings taught in centres attached to a University will be issued by the Rector of the same, having to serve the Faculty requirements set out in article 7.3 of the present Royal Decree.
Article 6. Activity teaching and research.
1. universities must have an offer of leading teachings, at least, to obtain a total of eight official nature of Bachelor and master degrees. This academic offer must be consistent within each branch of knowledge and in its entirety.
In addition, universities must promote the development of research activity.
(2. for it accreditation of them requirements planned in this article them universities must present the following documentation: to) a Plan of development of degrees by each branch of knowledge that must understand, unless: the relationship of them degrees, the forecast of the number total of squares University that intend to offer is, course to course; the academic year in which activities concerned and the timetable for the full implementation of the teachings and implementation will start in operation of corresponding centers, as well as the media that are available specifically for their development. Said plan should be evaluated by the Agency national of evaluation of the quality and accreditation (ANECA) or, in his case, by the organ of evaluation external of the community autonomous in whose territory is set the University.
In addition, the individual implementation of each qualification shall be subject to the procedure of verification and accreditation of curricula laid down in Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29, which establishes the planning of official university education.
(b) a multiannual programming of research activities in the scientific areas that are unrelated to the official degrees that integrate the new University, and that shall contain, inter alia, strategies for the incorporation of scientific talent, for the acquisition, use, and/or scientific and technical infrastructure, for participation in competitive research projects of regional, national and international , and for collaboration with the productive sector in terms of r & d, including indicators to be established in the evaluation of the same.
Article 7. Personal docente e investigador.
1. the personal teaching and researcher of the universities is governed by it willing in the title IX of the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, and by them forecasts contained in this article.
2. the total number of members of the teaching and research staff at each University may not be less than the result of applying the 1/25 relationship with respect to the total number of students enrolled in university educations of official. This ratio is understood to refer to teachers and researcher computed in regime of dedication full time or part-time equivalent.
The ratio may vary when the University impart teachings in the modality does not, and can range from 1/50 to 1/100 depending on the level of experimentation of the degrees and the greater or lesser blended learning.
3 universities staff engaged in teaching and research activities shall consist, as a minimum, by: a) fifty percent of doctors for the set of teachings relating to obtaining a degree.
(b) a seventy per cent of doctors for the set of teachings relating to obtaining a Master's degree.
(c) the entire Faculty of the University responsible for the teaching of the teachings of doctorate must be in possession of the title of Doctor.
To these effects the number total of teachers is computed on the equivalent in dedication on time complete. Also, in accordance with the provision additional twelfth of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, in the field of Health Sciences, the number of associate professors determined in concerts between universities and health institutions not will be taken into account for the purposes of the percentage referred to in this article.
Teachers who do not have PhD degree must be in possession, at least, of the title of licenciado, architect, engineer, graduate or equivalent, except when teaching to correspond to areas of knowledge for which the universities Council has determined, as a general rule, the sufficiency of the title of diploma, technical architect or technical engineer. In this case, and for the educational activity in these specific areas, it is sufficient that teacher is in possession of any of these latest titles.
4. the universities shall ensure that, at least sixty per cent of the total number of teachers may exercise their functions in regime of dedication full time.
5. with regard to the compatibility of the Faculty in public universities and private universities, will apply as provided in article 72 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December.
6. to prove the requirements laid down in this article, the universities must provide the staff of the educational personnel and researcher at the beginning of the activity, as well as the forecast of their annual increase until the full implementation of the relevant teachings.
Article 8. Facilities.
1. universities must have, at a minimum, infrastructures and materials adequate and sufficient for the development of their teaching and research, functions in attention to the type of teachings and to the number of enrolled students, that they meet appropriate functional conditions and permit the exercise of both teaching and research activities. In any case, must have: to) teaching and research spaces. Their number and surface determined by the number of students expected to use them simultaneously. Annex I contains minimum modules for the assessment of the adequacy of the facilities.
(b) resource centre for learning and research (CRAI). Building or the corresponding services physical or virtual designed for this purpose, which will include the services of University Library, shall allow, as a whole, the simultaneous use of, at least, 10% of the total number of students enrolled.
(c) computer equipment: classrooms and general services that ensure connectivity to the network through the creation of an adequate number of computers for students and wifi space, as well as access, via web services, the institutional teaching and scientific requirements for the University community.
2. in the case of the teachings in the field of the health sciences, set out in annex II special requirements.
3. in any case, the University facilities must meet the conditions of occupational risk prevention, and acoustic and requirements of habitability that under the existing legislation. They must also have architectural conditions which, in accordance with the applicable law, access and mobility of people with disabilities.
Article 9. Guarantee of activity.
Universities must ensure the maintenance of their activities during the time required for the attainment of objective academics and researchers established in its programming. For these purposes, for the creation of public universities or private universities recognition, and its subsequent authorization, you must provide: to) private universities must provide guarantees that ensure economic funding, which will be proportional to the number of titles offered and students enrolled and will be calculated on the basis of the teaching offer, as well as a plan for viability and closure in the case that your activity is not feasible.
(b) the commitment to keep running the University and each of its Centers for a minimum period which allows graduating students who, with one sufficient academic achievement, had initiated them into it. Them universities must provide, therefore, them mechanisms that guarantee the completion of them studies of these students, both for extinction of any of them degrees taught, well by decision of the own University, well by not renewal of the accreditation of the title.
Article 10. Organization and operation.
1. the by-laws or, in the case of private universities, rules of organisation and operation that has governed activity and autonomy of the University must be in accordance with the constitutional principles and respect and guarantee, fully and effectively the principle of academic freedom that is manifested in the freedom Chair, research and study.
The statutes and the rules of organization and functioning must be collected the forecasts contained in the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, and other regulations in the University area, and at a minimum: a) nature, functions and competence of the University.
(b) legal, personal and economic and financial regime.
(d) governing and representative bodies.
(e) rights and obligations of students.
(f) procedure for the election or designation of the University Ombudsman, duration of its mandate and dedication, as well as its operating regime.
(g) disciplinary regime.
(h) reasons of extinction or suppression of the University, which will be no presentation or non-approval of the plan of corrective measures referred to in article 13 of the present Royal Decree.
(i) any other provision that is consider relevant whenever not is contrary to the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, and others regulations in matter University.
2. universities must have the necessary structure for the Organization and development of teaching and research activities.
(3. for the purposes of accredit them requirements expected in this article in the time of home of it activity, them universities must provide: to) the structure and rules of organization and operation that will have of govern until it approval final, in its case, of such standards or of their statutes.
(b) the determination of the location of the centers of the University and its location within the territorial scope of the corresponding Autonomous Community, with supporting memory and specification of buildings and facilities and the planned for the start of the activities and until the full implementation of the teachings.
Article 11. Implantation of non-Presential university educations.
1. the implementation by them universities and centers University of teachings leading to the obtaining of titles University of character official and validity in all the territory national through methodologies of mode not face-to-face, will require, in order ensure its quality, a series of features that is apply to each degree and to the joint of it offer in mode not face-to-face. Characteristics referred to the specific qualifications will be fixed, evaluated and tested the procedure, monitoring and renewal of accreditation by ANECA or, where appropriate, by the organ of external evaluation of the autonomous community in whose territory was established by the University.
2. the authorization of teachings by methodologies of mode not face-to-face will understand all them activities teachers not face-to-face and also them corresponding to exams, evaluations, practices and activities teaching face-to-face casual. Face to face teaching activities continued by universities and university centers to teach lessons through non-Presential modality methodologies shall be submitted to the general scheme regulated by Royal Decree.
Section 2 approval of commencement of activities article 12. Start of activities.
1. the start of them activities of them universities will be authorized by the organ competent of the community autonomous, a time proven the compliance of them requirements for its creation or recognition established in this real Decree, in the normative of the community autonomous respective, and, in his case, in its law of creation or recognition.
2. the authorisation procedure will start at the request of the person concerned and shall have a maximum duration of six months. Elapsed the term and if not is has dictated the corresponding authorization or refusal of the home of the activity, is means authorized by silent administrative, in accordance with it established in the law 30 / 1992, of 26 of November, of regime legal and procedure administrative common.
3. without prejudice to the established in the previous section of this chapter, for the creation or recognition of universities, and subsequent approval, necessary contribution, at least the documentation referred to in annex III of the present Royal Decree.
Article 13. Supervision and control.
1 corresponds to the educational administrations supervision and regular monitoring of the compliance by the universities of the requirements for its establishment and recognition. Therefore universities shall submit annually to the competent body of the autonomous community a comprehensive memory of their teaching and research activities, carried out in the framework of the multiannual programming.
2. If subsequent to the start of its activities appreciated that a University breach the requirements demanded by the legal order, especially by this Royal Decree, and commitments to seek recognition, the competent body of the autonomous community shall require the same the regularization of the situation, through the presentation of a corrective action plan , in the term maximum of 6 months from the day following to that in which is has made the request. In particular, is will have in has the evolution of the number of students in this University.
Also, the organ competent of the community autonomous contents 14(bis) will provide them mechanisms conducive to the supervision and control newspaper mentioned to them universities of their field territorial.
3. elapsed the term without the University had adopted them measures or meet them requirements, prior audience of the same, the Administration educational revoke the authorization of home of activity of the University. The scope of the revocation may affect the University or limit its effects to one of its centres.
CHAPTER III institutional accreditation article 14. Institutional accreditation of centres of public and private universities.
1. the University will request the institutional accreditation of its centers ANECA or, where appropriate, to the body of external evaluation of the autonomous community in whose territory has been established the University and who are enrolled in the European register of quality agencies (European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR).
ANECA, or body of evaluation that corresponds according to the aforementioned, will issue an evaluation report binding for the universities Council, which shall adopt the resolution of accreditation which will be sent to the University, the autonomous region and the Ministry of education, culture and sports for the purposes of the registration of accredited universities registration centers Centers and titles.
2 to obtain the institutional accreditation universities will have to meet the following requirements: to) have renewed the initial accreditation of at least half of the degrees of Bachelor and master that impart according to the general procedure laid down in article 27 bis of the Royal Decree 1393 / 2007 of 29 October, which establishes the planning of official university education.
b) the certification of its system of guarantee internal quality, oriented to the continuous improvement of the training offered to students, according to the provisions of paragraph 9 of annex I of Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29, and according to the criteria and guidelines for the the quality assurance in the European higher education area (ESG).
3. in the event that a title, or more, is given in several centres of the same University, not is able to request the accreditation of the centres involved until you renew the accreditation of the title or titles in question in accordance with the Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29.
4. the implementation of its internal quality guarantee system certificate may be issued by ANECA or organs of evaluation determined by the law of the autonomous communities and esteninscritos in the European register of quality agencies (European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR). The process that developed the assessment bodies to issue this certificate must follow the Protocol which, on a proposal from the Ministry of education, culture and sport, is set in the heart of the General Conference on University policy.
5. renewal of the accreditation of them centers, or re-accreditation institutional, is must produce before the course of five years counted from the date of obtaining of the first resolution of accreditation, or following, of the Council of universities. Assessment of the institutional re-accreditation procedure shall incorporate a report by a panel of experts, external and independent of the institution applying for accreditation, nominated by ANECA, or by the external evaluation bodies of the community autonomous in whose territory was established by the University and which are entered in the European register of agencies (EQAR) quality. He procedure that develop them agencies to carry to out it re-accreditation institutional of centers must follow the Protocol general that, to proposed of the Ministry of education, culture and sport, is set in the breast of the Conference General of political University and that, in all case, must respect it established in the law 30 / 1992, of 26 of November, of regime legal of them administrations public and of the procedure administrative common. ANECA and the organs of external evaluation of the autonomous communities shall be mutually information relating to such assessments.
6. in the event that the universities Council issued a resolution rejecting, the University shall request the renewal of accreditation all his official titles according to article 27 bis of Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29, in a period not exceeding one year from the date of the resolution.
CHAPTER IV centers that impart teaching leading to obtaining foreign qualifications of university higher education article 15. Authorization of centers that impart teachings with fix to systems educational foreigners.
1. in accordance with it established in the article 86 of the law organic 6 / 2001, of 21 of December, the teaching in Spain of teachings leading to the obtaining of titles, certified or diplomas of education top University, with arrangement to systems educational foreigners, requires authorization of the organ competent of the community autonomous.
2 the granting of administrative authorization occurs in the following cases: to) that the teachings are taught by a teaching centre integrated or attached to a University created or recognized in accordance with Spanish legislation.
(b) that the teachings are given by a foreign Centre which shall be properly constituted under the law of the according country whose education system seeks to impart teachings.
3 in any case, the following requirements must be met: to) those listed in the articles 6.2 [(con excepción de lo previsto en el segundo párrafo de la letra a)] 13 of the present Royal Decree.
(b) that the foreign teachings whose delivery is intended to: 1 are effectively implemented at the University or foreign higher education institution issuing the title, certificate or diploma.
2nd their curricula are consistent in structure, duration, and content that are taught in University or institution of higher education foreign parent, the end must be accredited through a certificate of the Rector or by sending a copy of the curriculum of the parent University with reference to subjects, curriculum sequence and workload.
3rd lead to the award of diplomas, certificates and diplomas that have identical official academic validity in the country of origin and the same denomination that the issuing University or institution of higher education foreign parent for these studies.
4th are subject to the processes of evaluation, accreditation and inspection of the competent bodies of the specified system, if any.
These requirements will be credited through certification issued to this effect by the representation in Spain of the country under whose educational system is to be the teaching.
4. the autonomous communities shall inform the Ministry of education, culture and sport of the authorizations granted to centres for the purpose of its registration in the RUCT.
5. the record of authorization will require the report of the Ministry of affairs foreign and of cooperation on the convenience of the same, based in the existence of treated or conventions international signed by Spain and, in its defect, in the principle of reciprocity.
Article 16. Effects of the authorization.
1. centers authorized will have the denomination that corresponds in accordance with them teachings that impart, not can use is denominations that, by its meaning or by use a language foreign, can induce to confusion on the nature of the Center, them teachings that in he is impart, or the nature, validity and effects of them titles, certified or diplomas academic to which those lead.
2. the authoritative teachings shall be subject to the evaluation of ANECA or, where appropriate, of the organ of external evaluation of the autonomous community in whose territory the Centre is established. ANECA and the organs of external evaluation of the autonomous communities shall be mutually information relating to such assessments in order to facilitate the evaluation referred to in the preceding paragraph, ANECA, in collaboration with the evaluation of the autonomous bodies, shall draw up and make public the corresponding protocol.
3 degrees, certificates or diplomas to lead the authoritative teachings shall be only effects them according the law of the State of origin, in accordance with article 86.4 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December. The recognition of effects in Spain shall comply with established by specific regulatory recognition of studies and title of foreign higher education.
The University and the center that provided these teachings should report to them students, in the moment of make the registration, of these ends.
4. the breach of the obligations inherent in good practice and research, the incorrect information about the teachings that taught and titles, certificates or diplomas which lead, as well as the modification of any of the items under which the authorization is granted by the competent body of the autonomous community, may motivate its repeal.
First additional provision. Adaptation of colleges and universities to the requirements provided for in this Decree.
1. all them universities, public and private, and them centers University must meet with them requirements personal, of infrastructure and media materials established in the present Royal Decree in a term maximum of four years starting from its entry in force.
2 the already created universities must submit the plan referred to in article 6(2). to) when want to introduce degrees on a branch which have no offer, under the same conditions provided for in that article.
Also when thus the competent Educational Administration considered appropriate they must present, in order to ensure their economic viability and therefore the maintenance of its activity, the plan of corrective measures referred to in article 13 of the present Royal Decree.
3. the centres which taught university educations under foreign educational systems, must adapt to the provisions of this Royal Decree within a maximum period of three years from its entry into force.
Second additional provision. No increase in public spending.
The measures included in this Royal Decree can not assume allowance or remuneration of other staff costs increase.
Third additional provision. Territorial scope of the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia.
All references that are made to the administrations of the autonomous communities in this Royal Decree shall be concerned, in the case of the National University of education distance (UNED) to the Ministry of education culture and sports or the competent University, in view of their special characteristics and scope of its activities.
Fourth additional provision. Universities of the Catholic Church.
1. in accordance with the provisions of the additional fourth provision of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December, the universities of the Catholic Church established in Spain prior to the agreement of January 3, 1979, between the Spanish State and the Holy See, on education and Cultural Affairs, pursuant to the agreement between the Holy See and the Spanish State , of 10 of mayo of 1962, as well as in the said agreement, maintain their procedures special in matter of recognition of effects civilians of plans of studies and titles, while as soon as not choose by transform is in universities private.
2. without prejudice of it established in the paragraph earlier, and to them alone effects of make effective such procedures, these universities will request to the Council of universities it accreditation institutional of their centers that is will take to out a time is check that meet with them requirements established by the Government with character general.
3. to them same effects, these universities must adapt is to the requirements provided in this real decree with character general and in them same deadlines.
Fifth additional provision. University of Defense centers.
Them centers University of the defense that, in accordance with the article 51 of the law 39 / 2007, of 19 of November, of the career military, is hallen attached to any University public, will have the consideration of centres teaching attached to them effects of the article 5 of this real Decree.
In accordance with article 73 of law 39/2007, of 19 November, military career, lessons relevant to the general and specific military education and fundamental speciality will be taught by teaching staff military and university undergraduate and postgraduate teachings are taught by military personnel and by contracted personnel, who count with adequate training in accordance with the organic law 6/2001 , of 21 of December.
The educational and investigating personnel of these centres must comply with the forecasts established by the present Royal Decree, specifically in its article 7, and the rest of current regulations.
Without prejudice to the ownership of the Ministry of defence on these centres and the powers of that military training, all references that are made to the administrations of the autonomous communities in this Royal Decree shall be concerned in the case of the University Centers of Defense to the Ministry of education, culture and sport.
Provision additional sixth. Treaties or international conventions.
It willing in the present Royal Decree, and in particular it planned in the chapter IV, is understands without prejudice of it established in them treated or conventions international subscribed by Spain or, in its case, of the application of the principle of reciprocity.
Sole transitional provision. Staff requirements during the gradual implementation of the teachings.
Insofar as not they implanted in its entirety each official university studies that will develop the University, the requirements of percentage of staff referred to in the present Royal Decree for universities and University Centers shall be referred to the entire staff that is payable for the teaching of the course or courses of the corresponding curriculum in implementation process.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
They are hereby repealed many provisions of equal or lower rank is contrary to the provisions of this Royal Decree and, in particular, the Royal Decree 557/1991, of 12 April, on creation and recognition of universities and university centers.
Available end first. Skill-related title.
This Royal Decree is dictates to the amparo of it planned by the article 149.1.1. th and 30th, referred to the regulation of them standards Basic for the development of the article 27 of the Constitution Spanish, and their precepts have character Basic.
Second final provision. Modification of Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29, which establishes the planning of official university education.
Royal Decree 1393 / 2007, of October 29, which establishes the planning of official university education, is to be re-worded as follows: one. Amending paragraph 3 of article 24 which is worded as follows: «3. for this purpose the National Agency for quality assessment and accreditation (ANECA) or the organs of evaluation that the law of the autonomous communities to determine and which are entered in the European register of quality agencies (European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR) after having successfully completed an evaluation in accordance with the criteria and guidelines and guarantee quality in» «the space European of education upper (European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance of Higher Education), established jointly them protocols of evaluation necessary for the verification and accreditation in accordance with them mentioned criteria and guidelines and according to it willing in this Royal Decree.»
Two. Is modifies the article 27 bis, that is worded in the following terms: "article 27 bis.» General procedure for renewal of accreditation of official titles.
1. renewal of accreditation of official university qualifications shall be the terms and time limits laid down in article 24.2, when they obtain the corresponding resolution of the Council of universities, prior favourable report issued by ANECA or organs of evaluation determined by the law of the autonomous communities. The report will have the mandatory nature and determinant, and interrupted the deadline to resolve and to notify the resolution of the procedure in the terms provided inthe article 42.5. c) of law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure.
2. to this end, the University made an application in accordance with the procedure and deadlines that the autonomous communities established for their respective areas of competence.
3. the competent body of the autonomous community shall forward to ANECA or corresponding body of evaluation report request, in order to verify that the curriculum is being conducted in accordance with its initial project, through an assessment which must include, in any case, a visit of experts external to the University.
4. the corresponding assessment body shall draw up a draft report that will be expressed, so motivated, on terms favorable to the renewal of the accreditation or, in its case, indicating what must necessarily be modified in order to obtain a favorable report. This report will be sent by ANECA or by the corresponding body of the University evaluation so you can submit claims within the period of 20 working days.
5 upon completion of the term and valued, where appropriate, allegations, ANECA or corresponding assessment body shall draw up the report's assessment, which may be favorable or unfavorable, and forward it to the applicant University, the Council of universities, the Ministry of education, culture and sport and the autonomous community or corresponding autonomous communities.
6 received the report, the Council of universities will dictate in within a month, and in any case within six months from the request of the University referred to in paragraph 2 the corresponding resolution, which shall notify the Ministry of education, culture and sport, the community or the autonomous communities, and the applicant University. The lack of express resolution within the aforementioned period will allow estimated considering the request.
7. against the decision referred to in the preceding paragraph the University may appeal to the Presidency of the Council of universities within the period of one month, which shall be dealt with in accordance with the procedure laid down in paragraphs 9 and following of article 25.
8. Once issued the resolution, the Ministry of education, culture and Sport shall communicate to the register of universities, centres and degrees, if it is positive to proceed to the registration of the corresponding renewal of the accreditation referred to in paragraph 1. If refused, the title will cause low in the mentioned registry and will lose its official status and validity throughout the national territory. In the latter case, the corresponding resolution declared extinguished the curriculum and must contemplate appropriate measures that ensure the academic rights of students who are studying these.
9. the General Conference on University policy shall adopt the criteria of coordination and cooperation and mutual recognition for participation in the procedure referred to in this article.»
3. Added a new article 27 ter, with the following wording: «article 27 ter. Special procedure for the renewal of the accreditation of official titles.
1. universities whose centers have retrieved the accreditation institutional may, while keep its effects, renew the accreditation of them degrees official that impart without need of submit is to the procedure intended in the article earlier.
«2. all them degrees official of the University corresponding to the Center accredited incorporated as date of renewal of the accreditation in the register of universities, centers and titles, the corresponding to the resolution of accreditation institutional of the Council of universities.»
Third final provision. Modification of the Real Decree 1558 / 1986, of 28 of June, by which is set them bases General of the regime of concerts between the universities and the institutions health.
Is modifies it base fifth of the article 4 of the Real Decree 1558 / 1986, of 28 of June, by which is set them bases General of the regime of concerts between them universities and them institutions sanitary, that is worded in the following terms: «fifth.» Use the denomination "University hospital" when concert refers to the hospital as a whole or that comprise the majority of its services or healthcare units, in the event that certain services, only conclude will talk about «hospital associated with the University». The same applies to primary care centres.
A university hospital can only be linked by concert or Convention to a University for a degree in teaching. Exceptionally, for the sole purpose of internships and based on specific agreements, there would be students from other universities, after consultation in writing to the linked University.»
Available to finish fourth. Enabling legislation.
Empower the titular person of the Ministry of education, culture and sport to dictate on the scope of their powers, many provisions require the application of the provisions of this Royal Decree.
Fifth final provision. Entry into force.
This Royal Decree shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Given in Madrid, on May 29, 2015.
The Vice-President of the Government and Minister of the Presidency, SORAYA SAENZ DE SANTAMARIA ANTON ANNEX I modules minimum educational and research spaces their number and surface determined by the number of students expected are going to use them simultaneously, in accordance with the following modules: to) classroom: up to forty students: 1 meter and fifty centimeters square per pupil.
Of forty students in forward: 1 meter and twenty-five centimeters square by student.
(b) teaching Labs: five square meters per student assigned to a group of teaching. Said module can be object of adaptation depending on the needs of teaching practice that correspond to those teachings official that impart. In this space must book an area or custody of clothing and protective laboratory clothing furniture.
These laboratories shall be independent of the classroom and tutoring rooms spaces.
(c) laboratories of research: between 10 and 15 metres square by teacher or researcher. These laboratories must be separated from the passage of students and should not be shared for teaching assignments.
Them spaces for the teaching and research must have the required flexibility space and of furniture for adapt is to them different modalities of teaching-learning.
The offices of teachers will be equipped with appropriate communications and computer equipment.
ANNEX II requirements special for teaching in the field of the health sciences to) in the teaching of medicine, nursing, and physical therapy, must be ensured: 1 universities must have at least one hospital and three primary care centers (of public or private ownership) based in a concert in the case of public universities or in an agreement in the private universities).
2nd health institutions will have to meet the requirements (provision of personal media and materials) established jointly between the ministries with competence in the field of health and universities.
3rd the concert or Convention will mark them services of them institutions health that is concluded and those departments or units University that with them is related.
4th use the denomination "University hospital" when the concert refers to the hospital as a whole or that comprise the majority of its services or healthcare units, in the event that certain services, only conclude will talk about «hospital associated with the University». It same will apply to the centers of attention primary.
(b) to the teachings in dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, and other courses in the field of health requiring health care items, shall ensure the availability of the means necessary clinical of the University (University clinics of dentistry, Podiatry, psychology, veterinary clinical hospitals, etc.), whether through agreements with public or private institutions that have these welfare services accredited by the Administration that competa.
ANNEX III documentation justification for record creation/recognition of universities and its subsequent authorization to) memory stating their academic goals and programming of educational and research activities that will ensure the fulfilment of the functions of the University set out in article 1 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December.
b) supporting documentation of the activity guarantee refers to which article 9 of the present Royal Decree.
(c) the documentation that accredits them requirements of organization and operation provided in the article 10 of the present Royal Decree.
(d) justification of the template of the personal teaching e researcher to the start of the activity, in them terms expected in the article 7.6 of the present Royal Decree.
(e) the justification for the template of the personnel of administration and services at the beginning of the activity, as well as the forecast of their annual increase until the full implementation of the relevant teachings.
(f) justification of the teachings to impart and the number of centres that will have the new University at the beginning of the activities, as well as the forecast of the total number of University seats which are intended to cover, course to course, until full performance, academic in that will give start activities concerned, and timetable for the full implementation of the teachings and the commissioning of relevant centres.
(g) justification the objectives and programs of research of the scientific areas that are unrelated to the official degrees that integrate the new University, as well as specific structures that ensure such objectives.
(h) compliance of infrastructures and materials adequate justification and sufficient for the development of their teaching and research functions.
Private universities must prove that they have legal personality in accordance with the provisions of article 2.1 of the organic law 6/2001, of 21 December.
Search Translated Laws of Spain