Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-6704
The register of registration of aircraft is a record of an administrative nature that are regulated in chapter V of the law 48/1960 of 21 July, on air navigation and the regulation of the aircraft registration registration, approved by Decree 416/1969, 13 March.
This Royal Decree deals with a new regulation of the register of registration of civil aircraft and establishes a registration system for all civil aircraft, including aircraft ultra-light structure and aircraft private non-commercial use that until now they had a specific regime, determines registration excluded aircraft and incorporates and ordered the regulation on registration of test for new aircraft of series that they need to carry out test flights for verification, tuning and maintenance, and prototypes of aircraft used for flight test, development, verification, commissioning or certification.
Is introduces a concept novel, the book of registration, for them cases in that is have planned the registration of an aircraft in Spain, that is grants insofar as is substance the procedure of registration final and is regulates it cancellation temporary of a registration by a time not upper to 5 years, when the same go to be temporarily registered in the foreign.
On the other hand, facilitated the relationship of this administrative register and the register of movable anticipating communication by electronic means, to streamline the procedures of registration, and specifying which corresponds to the register of registration of civil aircraft the function of granting nationality and assign the nationality and registration marks. The qualification of legal title to the registration is performed by the registry of movable property. In addition, in this Royal Decree, according to the information provided by the Ministry of Justice, establish provisions necessary to enable the implementation of the Convention on international guarantees on elements of mobile equipment (Cape Town, November 2001), specifying that the registry of movable property is the access point with the international registry created by such instrument.
This Royal Decree is issued under cover of the enabling disposition of law 48/1960 of 21 July Fourth of air navigation and article 32, made to the Government to enact the provisions necessary for the development and implementation of such a law.
By virtue, on the proposal of the Minister of promotion, with the prior approval of the Minister of finance and public administration, in accordance with the Council of State and after deliberation by the Council of Ministers at its meeting of May 22, 2015, HAVE: single article. Adoption of the rules of procedure of registration of civil aircraft.
Approves the regulation for registration of civil aircraft whose text is then inserted.
First additional provision. Personal and material resources.
Measures included in this Royal Decree do not imply increased budget allocations each year or endowments, remuneration or other staff costs.
Second additional provision. Identification card.
The certificate of identification referred to in articles 3, 5 and 6 of the Royal Decree 2876 / 1982, of 15 October, which regulates registration and use of aircraft of ultra-light structure and modifies the registry of private non-commercial aircraft, is understood to refer to the certificate of registration as regulated in the regulation approved by Royal Decree.
Third additional provision. Assignment of license plates until the completion of the series available.
1. to the entry into force of this Royal Decree, the distinctive mark of registration of the aircraft from the register of registration of aircraft in Spain will consisting of a group of three letters of the Spanish alphabet.
In aircraft construction by amateurs, registration marks will continue starting with the letters Y, Z or X.
The ultralight continue to be used for the registration mark two letters that will form on, alphabetical order and also successively a number, from 1 to 9, followed.
2. once depleted markings of registration referred to in the preceding paragraph, they will begin to assign as laid down in the rules of registration of civil aircraft approved by Royal Decree.
Fourth additional provision. Validity of the registration and identification card of ultralight aircraft issued prior to the entry into force of this Royal Decree.
Them aircraft of structure ultralight registered in the regime special of ultralight, starting from it entry in force of this real Decree, will be integrated in the record of registration of aircraft civil, preserving the validity of the registration and of it card of identification.
Provision additional fifth. Certificates of registration issued on paper.
The original registration certificates, issued on paper backing before the entry into force of this Royal Decree, must provide at the time of the cancellation of the registration or change of ownership of the aircraft, or within a maximum of fifteen days since any of these circumstances took place.
In the event of theft, loss or deterioration of the certificate of registration issued in paper, the registration holder may request the issuance of a digital duplicate of the certificate of registration, bringing the complaint to the competent police authority, in cases of child abduction.
Sixth additional provision. International registrations.
When in accordance with the provisions of a Convention or international treaty signed by Spain and in protocols and development of those regulations, certain rights and guarantees taxes on aircraft registered in Spain may be susceptible of registration in an international registration, without prejudice to preferential of international standards, proceed as follows: to) once practiced the registration of warranty or international law in the register of movable property , or from own seat of presentation when it expected the reserve of priority rights of future Constitution, the competent Registrar of movable property it shall reserve international priority in the corresponding international registration in the terms and conditions laid down in the corresponding treaty and Protocol.
For the purposes of the provisions of article 18 of the Convention on international guarantees on elements of equipment mobile, made in Cape Town on 16 November 2001, the registry of movable property is the national point of information necessary for the practice of the international registration.
The substantive and formal requirements of the warranty or inscribable international law and proceedings before the international registration are governed by the provisions of the international instrument. Practiced communications concerning the international registration the Registrar of movable property will immediate notice to the register of registration of civil aircraft.
(b) when the guarantees and rights subject to Spanish law were also susceptible of registration in an international registration for the purposes of the provisions of the relevant treaty, Protocol or regulations and interested parties request it expressly collateral to win international priority, recorder, recorder practiced registration, shall proceed in the manner provided above for international priority reservation.
(c) in accordance with the provisions of the relevant treaty, will have priority on the guarantee and international rights on movable property accessible sites in Spain the rights and privileges or category thereof, even not registered in the international register, that the Spanish legislator has reserved as a priority in the corresponding instruments of accession, ratification, or approval of the Treaty Protocol or regulations.
Sole transitional provision. Regime of the proceedings initiated prior to the entry into force of this Royal Decree.
The proceedings initiated before the entry into force of this Royal Decree will continue its processing in accordance with the new regime of registration registration, retaining all the procedures carried out previously.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
They shall be repealed: a) the Decree 416/1969, of 13 March, on the regulation of the aircraft registration record.
(b) the first paragraph of the article 2, and them articles of the 7 to the 13, both inclusive, of the Real Decree 2876 / 1982, of 15 of October, by which is regulates the registration and use of aircraft of structure ultralight and is modifies the registration of aircraft private not commercial.
(c) article 18 of the order of 31 May 1982, which approves a new regulation for aircraft for amateur construction.
(d) paragraph 4, article 2, of the resolution of the Secretariat of Civil Aviation from November 17, 1977, which approves the revised text of the regulation of marks of nationality and of registration of the civil aircraft.
First final provision. Modification of the Royal Decree 2876 / 1982, of 15 October, which regulates registration and use of aircraft of ultra-light structure and modifies the registry of non-commercial private aircraft.
Modifies the title passing initialed it «Royal Decree 2876 / 1982, of 15 October, which regulates registration and use of aircraft of ultra-light structure».
Second final provision. Rules of application extra.
In matters not provided for in this Royal Decree shall apply the General provisions on administrative procedures contained in law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure.
Third final provision. Normative development.
The Minister of public works will issue detailed rules specifying this Royal Decree.
Fourth final provision. Skill-related title.
This Royal Decree is dictates to the amparo of the competition exclusive of the State about airports of interest general; control of the space air, transit and transport air, and registration of aircraft, established in the article 149.1.20. ª of the Constitution.
Fifth final provision. Entry in force.
This Royal Decree shall enter into force on December 1, 2015.
Given in Madrid, the 22 de mayo of 2015.
The Minister of promotion, ANA MARÍA PASTOR JULIAN REGULATION OF REGISTRATION OF AIRCRAFT CIVIL CHAPTER I provisions general article 1. Object.
This regulation has by object regular them requirements, form and effects of the registration of the aircraft civil in the record of registration of aircraft civil, as well as them acts and documents registrable, of conformity with it willing in it law 48 / 1960, of 21 of July, on navigation air.
Also, regulates the requirements for the assignment of registration test for new series of aircraft or aircraft prototypes.
Article 2. Scope of application.
1. this Regulation shall apply to all civil aircraft which are registered in accordance with the provisions of article 18 of law 48/1960 of 21 July.
2 are included in the scope of application of this regulation the microlights, historic aircraft, and aircraft built by fans, with the exception of aircraft referred to in article 3.
3. this regulation not be apply to them aircraft military, whereas is as such them established in the article 14.1. ° of the law 48 / 1960, of 21 of July, that are subject to its regulation specific.
Article 3. Excluded aircraft of its registration in the register of registration of civil aircraft.
En_virtud_de provisions of article 151 of the law 48/1960 of 21 July, in his text modified by law 55/1999, of 29 December on fiscal, administrative and social order, the following aircraft are exempted from the requirement of registration in the register of registration of aircraft: a) wings delta and other wings of gliding : And are considered wings delta gliding wings aircraft equipped with bearing, rigid or semi-rigid, structures that require human action to take-off and landing, as well as to move through the atmosphere.
(b) gliders: are considered gliders not rigid bearing structures, for whose take-off and landing is required only the physical effort of its occupants.
(c) motorized paragliders: are considered for motors or motorized paragliders those gliders which have a system of propulsion Assistant, whether it is this supported by an occupant or an auxiliary structure.
(d) other aircraft that require of the effort physical for the DT or the landing, even when are equipped of a system of propulsion auxiliary for facilitate the takeoff.
(e) Microplaneadores: is considered microplaneadores those aircraft without engine whose weight in vacuum is lower to 80 kg for single seater or 100 kg in the of tandem, included them of launch to foot.
(f) other aircraft with a total weight at take-off, discounted the weight of the pilot, is less than 70 kg.
(g) captive balloons: captive balloons are considered those not susceptible of being aerostats, which are mainly held in air under its lifting force and which do not move freely in the atmosphere because they remain tied to ground or a vehicle that moves on the ground or water surface.
(h) free balloons unmanned, whose maximum take-off weight is less than 6 kg. Is considered balloons free not manned those aerostats not susceptible of being manned nor controlled.
(i) aircraft models, understanding as such, aircraft, able to sustain in the atmosphere, not susceptible of carrying a person on board, provided that they are used exclusively for air shows, sports, recreational or competition whose maximum take-off weight is less than 150 kg.
(j) aircraft flown by remote control whose registration not applicable, in accordance with provisions in their specific legislation.
CHAPTER II of the register of civil aircraft registration article 4. Headquarters.
The register of registration of civil aircraft depends on the aviation safety agency, and its geographical scope extends to the entire country. It consists of a single office based in Madrid.
Article 5. Nature.
1. the registration of civil aircraft register is a record of an administrative nature, whose inscriptions give the registration and nationality Spanish civil aircraft registered in it.
2. them data that listed scored in the record of registration of aircraft civil not prejudice them issues of property, compliance of contracts and, in general, few others of nature civil or commercial can raise is regarding them aircraft article 6. Advertising.
1. the registration of civil aircraft registry is a registry public, accessible to those who can prove a legitimate interest. Advertising will be made by certification of registered data, which will appear in the computer support.
2 the registration authority shall issue the following certificates: to) certificate of ownership.
(b) certificate of fleet.
(c) certificate on the registration history of an aircraft article 7. Single registration system.
In the register of registration of civil aircraft, there will be a single registration regime that will be common for all aircraft.
Article 8. Type of seats and effects.
1. in the register of registration of civil aircraft is practiced two types of seats, inscriptions and annotations. Them inscriptions, granted it registration and nationality Spanish, only shall have effects administrative for the operation of them aircraft and them consequences associated to she, without prejudice of them consequences tax that can derive is of the enrolment of them aircraft, and them annotations is produce to them exclusive effects of advertising.
(2. registration registration: to) registration.
3 registry entries, of legal title affecting the aircraft, the owner and operator of the aircraft, regarding a: to) changes in ownership.
(b) charges and taxes.
(c) technical vicissitudes in accordance with article 30.
You should note any act or contract that is purchased or transmit property, leases or any other translational title of possession or use of the aircraft, together with the innovations to these contracts possession, if any, provided that such innovations imply a change in the legal position of the holder, or involve the subjective one of the parts of the contract already registered modification. The charges, liens and encumbrances affecting the aircraft shall also be entered.
Short-term lease contracts referred to in article 27 are excluded.
4. to carry out registrations and entries in the register of registration of civil aircraft will open a sheet of seat for every aircraft which shall set forth your registration, the technical data of the aircraft and its technical vicissitudes, the reference to the legal title compulsory air insurance to which it is subject, charges and levies as well as the changes in ownership that occur in relation to it. Each aircraft seat sheet closes with the cancellation of the registration.
Article 9. Competition for the registration records and the issuance of certifications.
Competition for inscriptions and annotations registry, as well as for issuing the corresponding certificates, corresponds to who determines the Statute of the Agency State of aviation security, approved by Royal Decree 184/2008, of 8 February.
Article 10. Relationship with the register of movable property.
1. them aircraft will have of sign is necessarily in the record of registration of aircraft civil and, when appropriate of conformity with it intended in its normative specific, in the registration of goods furniture, with exception of them aircraft with registration of tests.
2. the first registration of an aircraft is practice in the record of registration of aircraft civil, who to it view of it documentation presented, mentioned in the article 21, assigned to the aircraft a registration with the character of provisional and will issue a certified of registration provisional, performing it annotation preventive of the title legal that originates it award of it registration provisional.
The final registration of the aircraft will take place on the terms laid down in article 23, the process of the registration authority to the issuance of the final certificate of registration.
3. them acts legal subsequent to the registration of them aircraft that are registrable in the record of goods furniture, according to its legislation specific, is entered first in said register.
Them acts to is concerns the paragraph previous, that involve change of ownership is noted in the record of registration of aircraft, to request of them interested, whenever is accredited it registration prior in the registration of goods furniture through the communication effected by this. Them loads and charges is noted of trade by virtue of the release of the record of goods furniture.
4. If there is any cause for cancellation of the registration provided for in this regulation, the register of registration of aircraft will cancel the registration and shall so inform the registry of movable property, when the aircraft was registered in the register.
5. all registrations that are made in the registry of movable property or the registry of aircraft registration, communicate among them via telematics.
CHAPTER III procedure of registration of aircraft section 1 common rules article 11. Active legitimization.
Will be empowered to request them inscriptions and annotations registry referred to in the article 8, them people physical or legal that have the nationality of any of them States members of the space economic European, when operate them aircraft to is concerns the article 2, both if are owners of them, as if them exploit under a contract of lease , or any other possessory title recognized in the legislation.
The natural or legal persons not being national of Member States, respectively having habitual residence or permanent establishment in Spain and intended for private use article 12 aircraft can also request it. Applications.
1. the inscriptions or annotations are practiced to instance of part or of trade, according to appropriate.
2 requests for inscription or annotation, initiated on request, that do not have a specific procedure, shall submit the following documents: a) proof of payment of the fee required for the service requested.
(b) If is person physical, copy of the Passport, DNI, NIE or card of residence. In the case of the Spaniards, consent for the register of registration of aircraft can get that data from the system of verification of identity data.
(c) if it is legal person, copy of the deed of incorporation and powers of representation and, if appropriate, certification of the register where the entity that certifies that it is legally established in any Member State of the European Union or the European economic area is registered.
(d) a copy of the legal title and the rest of the documentation which, in his case, is necessary on the basis of the same. For the case of aircraft of origin military Spanish, is must provide certificate of low final in the registration of aircraft of the defense, in which is indicate the destination end of the same.
For the case of them titles legal that we are registrable in the registration of goods furniture, is will provide original and copy of the same.
(e) document of customs clearance, in the case of import or export of aircraft.
f) Autoliquidación of the special tax on certain means of transport or justification for not clamping or exemption.
(g) payment of taxes that corresponds or the Declaration of not fixing, exemption, prescription or postponement thereof.
(3. them requests directed to the register of registration of aircraft may present is, with arrangement to models standard: to) by any of them means indicated in the article 38.4 of the law 30 / 1992, of 26 of November, of regime legal of them administrations public and of the procedure administrative common. In accordance with standard models, along with the documentation required in each case.
(b) by electronic means in accordance with the provisions of law 11/2007, of 22 June, citizens electronic access to public services and other applicable regulations.
Article 13. Legal title.
The registration in the record of registration of aircraft civil is practiced under document public or private that accredits it acquisition of it property or it possession of the aircraft, in which record the liquidation of the tax of transmissions heritage and acts legal documented.
Public documents, when they are granted in foreign territory, shall be subject to legalization as stipulated in the Royal Decree 1497 / 2011, 24 October, is establishing to officials and competent authorities to carry out the unique legalization or Apostille provided by the 12TH Convention of the Conference of the Hague of international private law, of October 5, 1961.
Private documents, shall contain the notarial legitimization of the signatures of the licensors. In the case of those granted in foreign territory must contain the legalization by the Apostille of the Hague, the notarial intervention.
For non-signatory countries of the Hague Convention, the legalization shall be made through diplomatic channels.
Article 14. Language.
Those titles legal not written in Castilian must present is translated by interpreter sworn.
Article 15. Deadlines to encourage inscriptions and annotations.
1. the deadline to apply for the registration of registration of an aircraft shall be three months from the date of grant of the corresponding legal title or the date of delivery of the aircraft for the start of operations.
If the aircraft is registered in another State, the deadline to encourage registration will be from the cancellation of registration in the register of registration of aircraft from the country of origin.
The deadline to apply for the cancellation of an aircraft shall be three months from the date of grant of the corresponding legal title. In the case of destruction or malfunction will be one year since the accident occurred or when the aircraft was operating.
2. the deadline for the entries of changes in ownership, liens and will be 15 days, once the prior registration of the corresponding legal title in the register of movable property by means of communication carried out by this is accredited. In those cases in which provided legal title is not inscribable in that record, corresponds to the register of registration of civil aircraft registration of the same and its annotation within a maximum period of three months from the day following the date of its presentation article 16. Obligation of the registration.
1. in accordance with the provisions of article 29 of the law 48/1960 of 21 July, aircraft must be registered in the register of registration of civil aircraft except the aircraft with registration test provided for in chapter IV and which are listed in article 3.
2. the obligation to encourage the registration of registration or the registration entry of change in ownership of an aircraft will rely on the acquirer for any title of the same, either inter alive or mortis causes.
3. the obligation to encourage the registration of the cancellation of a registration will be held by the registration holder.
4. the breach of the obligations arising from this Regulation shall be punishable in accordance with law 21/2003 of 7 July, aviation safety.
Article 17. Marks of nationality and registration of civil aircraft.
1. the badges of nationality and registration of aircraft from the enrolment register of civil aircraft from Spain are formed by the brand of Spanish nationality, which is determined by the Group of letters EC, followed, after a script by 4 letters of the Spanish alphabet, with omission of the «n», which comprise tuition and that merge on, following the alphabetical order.
2. for aircraft of ultra-light structure and those built by amateurs, registration marks will consist, in addition to the mark of nationality composed the letters EC in a group formed by a letter starting the U or the A, respectively, and three numbers, which are assigned in successive order.
3. the marks of nationality and registration of civil aircraft shall comply with the provisions laid down in the rules of development of this Royal Decree.
Article 18. Identification of the aircraft.
The aircraft will bear the number assigned by the registry of aircraft registration.
Article 19. Silent administrative and resources.
1 after the deadlines for the resolution of the procedures provided for in this Royal Decree unless it has given express judgment, stakeholders can understand ignored their claims by administrative silence in accordance with the provisions of the additional provision twenty ninth, law 14/2000, of 29 December, fiscal measures, administrative and social order.
2. facing the acts, express or presumed, by the Director of security of aircraft, which do not exhaust administrative remedies, may bring appeal to the Director of the State Agency of aviation safety, in accordance with the provisions of article 4 of the Royal Decree 184/2008, of 8 February, which approves the Statute of the State Aviation Safety Agency.
The deadlines for the filing of the appeal will be, as provided for in article 115 of the law 30/1992, of November 26, if the Act is express a month, from the day following the notification of the same, if it were not, the period shall be three months from the day following that in which the effects of administrative silence occur.
Section 2 registration article 20. Book of registration.
1. the record of registration of aircraft civil may book a registration for the aircraft new or used whose acquiring have planned your registration in Spain. To do so, the applicant for the reserve fee, shall be attached to your application, the following documents: to) request for reservation of registration of the aircraft, together with the proof of payment of the corresponding fee.
(b) a statement sworn by written, justifying the need of book of registration and committing is, low your responsibility, to not make use of it registration reserved until both the record of registration of aircraft not issue the certified of tuition provisional of it aircraft.
(c) a copy of the legal title or letter of intent, stating that it will acquire the property or possession of the aircraft shall be guaranteed. In the event that the origin of the aircraft is military Spanish, certified with the situation administrative of low final, or in process of low, of the registration of aircraft of the defense.
2. to obtain a registration is necessary requirement that the aircraft has the corresponding type certificate or is able to have a restricted airworthiness certificate.
3. the reserve allocated fee will have a maximum duration of six months, after which will yield a provisional registration. Otherwise, the reservation will be cancelled ex officio.
4. not may book is a registration for aircraft of structure ultralight or aircraft built by amateurs.
Article 21. Provisional registration.
1. in the frame of the procedure of registration final of an aircraft and with character prior to his concession, the record of registration of aircraft assigned to the aircraft a registration provisional, whenever it aircraft available of the corresponding certified of type or is in conditions of have of a certified of airworthiness restricted, to request of the person physical or legal that gather them requirements established in this regulation ((((, and for that purpose submit the documentation referred to in article 12(2), with the exception of the referred to in paragraphs e), f) and g), together with the following documents: to) copy of the legal instrument that sufficiently substantiates its status as owner or legitimate holder of the aircraft.
(b) certificate of registration, in the case of aircraft of new construction, or cancellation of registration in the register of registration of aircraft in the country of origin, or certificate of baja, on the registration of defense aircraft, in the case of aircraft of origin non-military Spanish.
(c) certificate of the insurance company or insurance contract made in accordance with the Regulation (EC) 785/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004 on insurance for air carriers and aircraft operators requirements, or, where appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the air navigation Act and other applicable regulations.
For the allocation of a registration provisional, may present are documents in language foreign and photocopies of the documentation required.
((2. them aircraft built by amateur, besides it documentation planned in it letter c) of the paragraph previous, must provide the following: to) copy of it Declaration of property subscribed by the constructor of it aircraft, in which record as number of series call sign of the aircraft the number of the authorization of construction.
(b) certificate of airworthiness provisional or equivalent document.
3. the registration of civil aircraft registry will issue a certificate of provisional registration which will have the same effects as the definitive registration certificate.
Such a certificate shall be delivered within a maximum of 15 days from the request, provided that you provide all the documents referred to in paragraph 1 or, where appropriate, from the correction of the request, or failing that, from the end of the period of rectification.
The tuition provisional of an aircraft will determine the nationality Spanish during the validity of such registration.
Granted tuition provisionally, provided that the legal title is inscribable in the register of movable property, the interested party must present the original of the legal title when registering for their qualification and registration, as a preliminary step for the conversion of the provisional registration in short. In those cases in which the title legal provided not is inscribable in that register, the register of registration of aircraft civil will proceed to the registration of the same.
4. it agency State of security air not will issue the certificate of airworthiness until the record of registration of aircraft civil issue the certificate of registration provisional.
The Agency State of security air, to the view of the certified of tuition provisional, may fill the daily of aboard or notebook of the aircraft, as well as them primers of them engines of the aircraft. The computer records of commercial air transport operators who fulfil the information contained in such books are not completed.
Article 22. Validity of the provisional registration.
The period of validity of the provisional registration shall be three months from the date of its issuance, expiry of this period the provisional registration will be cancelled ex officio. This period may be extended when certifying the need for extension, well due to unforeseen causes or force majeure, or for delay in registration of legal title in the collateral registry by the applicant.
The extension will have a maximum duration of 45 calendar days from the end of the validity of the provisional registration, and must request with, at least 2 working days in advance to its expiration. After the deadline extended, if it has not provided the documentation required for the definitive registration of the aircraft, shall be the cancellation of the provisional registration nursing.
Article 23. Final registration.
1 will proceed to carry out the final registration of the aircraft and to issue definitive registration certificate, as appropriate: to) within a maximum period of 15 days from the receipt of the communication of the registration of legal title in the collateral registry and will provide all the documents referred to in article 12(2).
(b) in cases in which the legal title is not inscribable in the register of movable property, the period for the final registration of the aircraft shall be three months from the receipt of the request, regulated in article 12.
2. with prior to the final registration of the aircraft, the register of registration of civil aircraft, be incorporated into record a technical description of it, in accordance with the data in the State Agency of aviation safety.
3. the definitive registration will take place by electronic means and shall contain at least the information contained in the certificate of registration issued, making mention, where appropriate, to the communication received from the registry of movable property on the registered legal title.
Article 24. Final registration certificate.
Practiced it registration final of an aircraft in the record, the Director of security of aircraft will issue the certificate of registration final, in which is recorded, the number of the aircraft in the record; the marks of nationality and registration; the manufacturer, the model and manufacture serial number; name and address of the owner, holder or lessee and the date of issue of the certificate, in accordance with the Convention on International Civil Aviation of 7 December 1944.
Article 25. Validity of the certificate of registration.
1. the certificate of registration issued to aircraft in property will have indefinite validity while the ownership of the aircraft is not modified.
2. the certificate of registration issued to the aircraft registered under a legal lease title or any other translational possession by which do not transfer ownership of the aircraft, is valid only during the period of validity of the title giving rise to the registration.
In the course of contract extension or acquisition of the full domain by the holder, is must provide proof of documents so far before the enrolment register of civil aircraft, applying the practice of the annotation of corresponding legal title at least fifteen days prior to the completion of the term of the registration. Not justify the circumstances mentioned within a period of fifteen days from the end of the previous contract, shall be, ex officio, to initiate cancellation of the practiced registration record.
Article 26. Effects of the certificate of registration.
He certified of registration provisional and the of registration final are titles necessary for the operation of them aircraft, but not are sufficient by itself alone for allow it, by what the aircraft must count with the rest of authorizations, ratings and certified required by the Agency State of security air for each type of operation.
Article 27. Leases of short duration.
Not be noted them titles legal's lease or sublease of aircraft of duration equal or lower to six months.
To use aircraft under leases or subleases of short duration, it will be necessary to obtain prior authorization of the State Agency of aviation safety.
Section 3 changes of ownership, charges, levies and vicissitudes technical article 28. Change in ownership.
1. When is forth the change of ownership of the aircraft, the acquirer must urge the emission of a new certificate of registration.
2. If there is a change in the ownership of the aircraft, the acquirer must submit an application to update the registration data of the aircraft within the period of one month from the date of award of the contract. The breach of this obligation is considered a breach of the provisions of paragraph 7th of article 33 of the law 21/2003, of July 21, air safety.
3 legal acts relating to the ownership annotations, subsequent to the registration of the aircraft, is practiced in the register of registration of civil aircraft at the request of the person concerned, and must provide the applicant, together with the application, the following documents: a) proof of payment of the fee required for the service requested.
(b) a photocopy of the title legal.
4. until the registration of the change of ownership is practiced and issuing a new certificate of registration, State Aviation Safety Agency may authorize the use of the aircraft to the new proprietor, to not paralyze its use, for a period of three months, which may be extended at most, during other forty-five calendar days. (For this purpose, the applicant must meet the following requirements: to) have started them procedures for the annotation of the new title legal.
b) having authorizations, licenses or approvals which, in each case, be required for the activity to which they intended to use the aircraft.
(c) that the aircraft is suitable to the use intended by the new owner.
5. the supporting legal title to the change in ownership report to the register of registration of aircraft to urge the registry modification, must reflect the mutual agreement between the contractual parties.
Article 29. Charges and levies.
1. them loads and liens on aircraft that appear registered, according to its regulation specific, in the registration of goods furniture, is noted of trade in the record of registration of aircraft to effects informational, under communication of the record of goods furniture.
2. in the case of existing charges and levies on an aircraft, registered in the register of registration of aircraft, which does not record its cancellation in the register of movable property, to proceed with the cancellation of the registration of the aircraft, must be presented previously an authorization of the creditors whose right or interest to protect that burden or , where appropriate, the authority that ordered the registered load.
Article 30. Technical vicissitudes.
The technical events that imply a change in the model of the aircraft and will be notified to the register of registration of civil aircraft by the corresponding unit of the State Aviation Safety Agency, shall be entered by annotation in it.
Section 4 cancellations article 31. Cancellation of the registration.
1. the register of registration of civil aircraft, ex officio or upon request, shall proceed to the cancellation of the registration of registration of the aircraft.
(2. is proceed to the cancellation to instance of part by the following causes: to) destruction or loss total of the aircraft.
(b) ineffectiveness and disposal of aircraft.
(c) acquisition, permanently, from the condition of military aircraft.
(d) enrolment in foreign country.
(e) valid alienation in favor of people who do not have Spanish nationality or that of any of the Member States of the European economic area, unless they were habitually resident or having a permanent establishment in Spain and were to be the aircraft for a non profit use.
3 to proceed to the cancellation of the registration of an aircraft at the request of the registered owner, it is necessary that this present previously, together with the documentation provided in article 12(2), the following: a) Original and photocopy of the legal title that motivates the cancellation.
(b) in the event that the aircraft is leased, original and photocopy of the document of the contract of lease or document showing the agreement of both parties to cancel the registration.
(c) a copy of the document of customs clearance for the export of the aircraft, if your destination is a non-Member State of the European economic area.
When the fate of the aircraft is a country not belonging to the European economic area, will not cancel the registration of the aircraft until the applicant obtained the certificate of airworthiness for export, if this is necessary to enter the aircraft in that country.
If the aircraft is alienates individuals or legal foreign non-resident or not established in Spain, will not be necessary to present the Declaration of are not subject to tax on capital transfers and documented legal acts.
4 will proceed to the cancellation of trade in the following cases: to) by firm judgment.
(b) in cases in which the registration incumbent is the possessor of the aircraft under an annotated legal title whose validity has expired, and no it has provided a new instrument that substantiates the continuity in the possession of the same.
(c) for the period of five years from the date of cancellation of an aircraft, in accordance with article 32 temporary unless the registered owner has requested the resumption of the validity of the certificate of registration.
(((d) in them cases of destruction of the aircraft, or when this remain non-operating, if not is had produced the cancellation of the same to instance of part in accordance with it established in the lyrics to) and b) of the paragraph 2, of this article.
An aircraft is operating when its certificate of airworthiness or equivalent document in five-year revision is not renewed and registration holder has not submitted a request for cancellation at that time. May be granted an extension of up to ten years, maximum, for historical aircraft, defined in accordance with annex II of the Regulation (EC) 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 February 2008 on common rules in the field of civil aviation and creating a European Aviation Safety Agency, and repealing Council Directive 91/670/EEC , of the Council, the Regulation (EC) No. 1592 / 2002 and the Directive 2004 / 36 / CE.
Before the cancellation of trade, registry shall notify the cardholder registral initiation of cancellation record, so that within a period of ten working days to make declarations alegaciones.
Article 32. Temporary cancellation of the registration.
The registered owner of an aircraft may request the temporary cancellation of its registration for a time not exceeding five years, when it will be temporarily registered in a foreign country under a translational degree of possession, or when the aircraft purchase for a period of time equal to or less and on a temporary basis, under different types of possession law has , the condition of military aircraft.
To proceed with the temporary cancellation of the registration of the aircraft, the registry operator shall provide the documentation referred to in article 31.3.
Not is will proceed to the cancellation temporary of the registration of the aircraft until the applicant get the certified of airworthiness for the export when the destination of the aircraft is a country not belonging to the space economic European.
The register of registration of aircraft will notify, by resolution, the temporary cancellation of registration of the aircraft and shall inform the registry of registration of aircraft in the country where this go to enroll.
Article 33. Recovery of registration.
1 to the end of the term of the title that motivated the temporary cancellation of the registration, the registration holder shall request the resumption of the validity of the certificate of registration, for which will provide the following documents: to) request for resumption of validity of the certificate of registration.
(b) release of the cancellation of the country where the aircraft was registered.
(c) document of customs clearance for the import of the aircraft in the event of conduct of a non-Member State of the European economic area.
(d) certificate of the insurance company or insurance contract made in accordance with the Regulation (EC) 785/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 April 2004, or, where appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the air navigation Act and other applicable regulations.
(e) certificate of low final in the registration of aircraft of the defense, for the case of aircraft military that not have acquired with character permanent the condition of aircraft military.
(2. after five years from the date of the cancellation temporary of it registration of it aircraft, without the holder registry request it resumption of it force of the certified of registration, the registration of registration of aircraft civil will proceed of trade to it cancellation final of it registration of it aircraft in accordance with it established in the article 31.4. c).
Article 34. Cancellation registration.
1. the registration shall be when the cancellation of the registration of the aircraft, according to one of the causes of articles 31.2 and 31.4.
2. the registration of the cancellation will express that previously practiced registrations are cancelled and the effectiveness of the certificate of registration expires.
In addition to the above, shall be stated the cause and the document giving rise to it, if the cancellation occurs at the request of the registered owner. If is of trade, in the inscription is mention the authority that the decree and the made that it has motivated.
3. the register of registration of civil aircraft, when the cancellation of the registration of the aircraft, it shall ex officio to the register of registration of aircraft in the country where the aircraft go to enroll, or the registration of aircraft defense in the case of Spanish airline, if appropriate according to the cause of the cancellation.
CHAPTER IV registration of test article 35. Concession.
1 may be granted a registration of test in the following cases, for the purpose and conditions of use are indicated in each case: to) aircraft of series production: for the realization of flight verification, commissioning and maintenance, during its process of manufacture to delivery customer.
(b) aircraft prototype: to carry out test flights for research, development, verification, commissioning or certification.
2 also, may be granted a registration of test aircraft referred to in letters a) and b) of the previous paragraph for the realization of shows for sale or the training of crews, when the registration of the aircraft on the register of registration of civil aircraft was unfeasible or impractical, given its experimental character subject to constant changes of configuration , or due to the short period of time until its disposal.
Article 36. Brand registration tests.
Test registration will consist of the EC nationality followed by a dash mark and then three numbers. This registration will be set on the aircraft following the regulations in this regard.
Article 37. Number of assignable test registration.
The aviation safety agency shall assign to each applicant one or more registration test, according to your needs in the request, with the details of aircraft that may be applied.
Article 38. Use of test plates.
1 in the case of test flights described in article 35.1. a), the applicant may use a same registration of test on several new aircraft manufactured by it whenever you need to perform test flights, but it may not apply to more than one aircraft at the same time.
Each application test registration to a different aircraft, identified by its serial number, shall be notified at least three days to scheduled for use, to the State Agency for air safety, so that it can carry out inspections and take control of the use of license plates by the manufacturer.
(2. the registration of evidence obtained in the cases referred to in article 35.1. b), you can only apply to the prototype of aircraft designated, identified by its serial number, for a period of one year which may be extended by the State Aviation Safety Agency for equal successive periods, if necessary for the development and certification of an aircraft model.
Article 39. Conditions for its use.
1. the use of test plates shall be subject to the aircraft complies with the airworthiness requirements according to regulations in force, including for the document of airworthiness that apply to you.
2. the effectiveness of test plates shall be subject to the aircraft operated by the applicant in accordance with the requirements that apply to you according to legislation. Its operation by a third party will result in automatic cancellation.
Article 40. Procedure.
The State Agency of aviation safety has a month to resolve requests for test registration.
After the mentioned deadline, if there is no express resolution, request shall be rejected, pursuant to the provisions of article 19(1) of this Royal Decree.
Article 41. Control.
While the granting of registration of test does not imply registration of aircraft on the register of registration of civil aircraft, the aviation safety agency will take necessary to control them.
Search Translated Laws of Spain