Read the untranslated law here: http://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2015-8702
The organic law 2/2006, of 3 may, education, points out in its article 2 bis 4, that the operation of the Spanish educational system is governed by the principles of quality, cooperation, fairness, freedom of education, merit, equality of opportunities, non-discrimination, efficiency in the allocation of public resources, transparency, and accountability.
Also, the law organic 2 / 2006, of 3 of mayo, establishes in its article 89 that the Ministry of education, culture and sport, without prejudice of them skills of them communities autonomous, may establish, by itself same or in collaboration with others entities, awards and contests of character State destined to students, faculty or centers school.
In line with the above, were published at the time the order EDU/2058/2010, of 13 July, which regulates national baccalaureate Awards established by the organic law 2/2006 of 3 may, education, and order EDU/2128/2011, of July 15, which are created and regulated vocational training of top grade national prizes established by the organic law 2/2006 , may 3, in education, in order to determine the requirements for participation in these awards.
He Ministry of education, culture and sport, within its objective of improve the quality educational and increase the performance of the students, want to now extend its recognition to the effort and to the merit of those students and students that is have distinguished in their studies to the end it stage of education secondary compulsory, understanding that this has of serve for recognize the effort and the dedication of the students that has studied these studies and for encourage you for it prosecution of them same.
Also, taking into account the similarities that, in terms of academic level, organization in cycles, structure and purpose, establishes the organic law 2/2006, of 3 may, between the artistic teaching professional and vocational training, on the existing model for the latter, already deemed necessary also set the first official recognition to those students and students who have completed them with excellent performance.
By this reason, in the calls of them awards national of education in the teaching not University corresponding to them years 2013 and 2014, within the category of performance academic of the students, is included two new modalities: them awards national of education secondary compulsory and them awards national of teachings artistic professional.
Already made such calls and analyzed their development, it is necessary, in order to improve the handling of procedures, issuing an order of bases to adjust from now forward the requirements that will be necessary to gather to participate in these awards.
In the elaboration of this order is has consulted to the communities autonomous in the breast of the Conference sectoral of education, and to the Council top of teachings artistic.
Therefore, with the prior approval of the Minister of finance and public administration, have: CHAPTER I General provisions article 1. Object.
This order aims at the regulation of the national awards to the academic performance of the students in modes of compulsory secondary education and teaching artistic professionals in the fields of music, dance and Visual Arts and design, in recognition of the special use of the students who have studied these teachings in accordance with provisions in the framework of the organic law 2/2006 , may 3, of education.
Article 2. Calls.
1. the Ministry of education, culture and sport can convene and grant annually fifteen secondary schools national awards and fifteen national prizes for teaching artistic professionals in advertising and competitive regime.
(2. them Awards National in the mode of teachings artistic professional will understand, to its time, the following areas: to) music.
(c) plastic arts and design.
Total prizes will be awarded six awards for the A: music field, three awards for the scope B: dance and six awards for the area C: Arts and design.
3. them calls annual is governed by it willing in the law 38 / 2003, of 17 of November, General of grants, and in the regulation of this law, approved by the Royal Decree 887 / 2006, of 21 of July.
The deadline for submission of applications shall be fixed on each call. In all case, is start a time concluded the term established in the article 3 of the present order for the communication of the students selected by them administrations educational to participate in each an of them modalities of them awards and will conclude before the completion of the year natural corresponding.
The national prizes will have a prize, whose individual amount shall be fixed in the relevant annual call depending on the credit previously assigned to the effect on the budget of the Department for the year and in correlation with the rest of awards convened by the Ministry of education, culture and sport.
Article 3. Communication of students selected to participate in the national awards.
1. the educational administrations shall send to the Directorate-General of evaluation and Territorial cooperation of the Ministry of education, culture and sport, before 15 October of each year, the ratio of students who have obtained extraordinary prize of compulsory secondary education and has been selected for its educational administration to participate in the national awards, indicating the first foreign language and studied mathematics option if.
2. also be sent, before the 15 of November of each year, the relationship of the students that has retrieved award extraordinary of teachings artistic professional in them areas of music, of dance and of Arts plastic and design, and has been selected by your administration educational for participate in them awards national of the field corresponding, indicating them teachings studied.
3 the number of selected by each education administration must be established within the following limits: a) for compulsory secondary education: one by each 1750, or fraction higher than 500, enrolled in the fourth course in the academic year refers to that call, b) for the mode of teaching artistic professionals: one for each specialty or professional family.
Article 4. Procedure.
1 corresponds to the General Directorate of Territorial cooperation and evaluation management and instruction of the procedure.
2 corresponds to the Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities of the Ministry of education, culture and sport the resolution of the procedure.
3. the ministries of education of the autonomous communities, provincial of Ceuta and Melilla, the ministries of education abroad dependent of the Ministry of education, culture and sport and the CIDEAD, shall provide the students all the information related to the call.
4. boys and girls who, having obtained extraordinary award have been selected for their educational administration to participate in the national awards for the corresponding mode, and wish to take part in the corresponding examination, will present the request, addressed to the head of the General Directorate of Territorial cooperation and evaluation, making this presentation in the places that referred to in article 38.4 of law 30/1992 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure, or electronically in the headquarters of the Department. For these purposes, records of educational institutions are not considered dependencies listed in article 38.4 of law 30/1992, of 26 November.
5. for the examination and assessment of them records corresponding to the mode of education secondary compulsory is shall constitute a jury of selection, that will be appointed by the Director General of evaluation and cooperation Territorial and will be compound by a President and a Secretary, that will be officials of the address General of evaluation and cooperation Territorial, and a maximum of six vocal. These last will be inspectors of education, professors or teachers belonging to the respective bodies of professors or teachers of teaching secondary, specialists in them matters object of them tests, and professional of recognized prestige in the field educational.
For the inspection and assessment of records corresponding to each of the areas of the mode of teaching artistic professionals shall constitute a jury selection, which will be appointed by the Director General of Territorial cooperation and evaluation and will be composed of a Chairman and a Secretary, who shall be officials of the Directorate General of Territorial cooperation and evaluation , and a maximum of six vowels, one of which will be the General Deputy Director of academic planning; the other members will be professors or specialists in the relevant fields.
These jurors will assume the functions attributed to the College referred to in article 22.1 of law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure. Its composition will respect, whenever is possible, it composition joint in accordance with it established in it order PRE / 525 / 2005, of 7 of March, by which is da advertising to the agreement of Council of Ministers by which is adopt measures for favor the equality between women and men and may count with the assistance of a Commission of experts for the valuation prior of them requests presented.
6. the assessment of the dossiers will take place in a single phase and will be made taking into account the points given to participants in accordance with the assessment criteria set in the call for proposals, as well as, where appropriate, the results of specific tests held for this purpose.
7. the organ instructor rise proposal of resolution to the organ resolver, formulated to the view of the report issued by the jury of selection; the draft resolution may propose the Declaration «desert».
Article 5. Annotation of the award in the record academic and in the history.
Obtaining the national prize of compulsory secondary education or teaching art professionals will be scored, through diligence carried out by the Secretary of the school in the academic and in the academic history of the student.
CHAPTER II national awards the academic performance of students of compulsory secondary education article 6. Candidates requirements.
May opt to them awards national of education secondary compulsory the students that has retrieved previously the award extraordinary of education secondary compulsory in the field of management of the Ministry of education, culture and sport or of the community autonomous in that has completed such teachings, or any other award that, low another denomination, could convene them different administrations educational to recognize the performance academic of them students and students of this stage (that in forward is will understand) (included within the general denomination of extraordinary prizes), and which meets in addition the following requirements: a) have completed all mandatory secondary education in Spanish schools, either in face-to-face regime, in regime to distance in any of the options set out in the framework of the organic law 2/2006 of 3 May.
b) have completed these studies in the academic year refers to the call.
(c) have retrieved in the joint of the four courses of teaching secondary compulsory a note half equal or superior to 8.75 points. The Middle note is the arithmetic mean of the qualifications of all the materials of the four years of compulsory secondary education, rounded to the nearest hundredth and if equidistance to top. Not is will have in has in said calculation the ratings of «fit», «free» or «convalidado».
(d) obtaining a final grade of "outstanding" in the last year of compulsory secondary education, in order to test subjects refers to which article 7 of this order.
(e) have been selected by your administration educational to participate in the awards national.
Article 7. Tests.
1. the General Directorate of Territorial cooperation and evaluation shall draw up and forward to the autonomous communities, provincial addresses of the Ministry of education, culture and sport, ministries of education abroad, and CIDEAD, both the instructions necessary for the development of the tests, as the content of the same.
2. them communities autonomous, addresses provincial, councils of education in the foreign and CIDEAD convene to it realization of them tests to the students that les corresponds, with it enough advance, facilitating you it information timely for the realization of them tests, as well as the place and the hour in which is held them same.
3 tests, which in any case will take as a reference the curricular elements established in the current regulations, will consist of three exercises: to) the first year will focus on aspects that enable to verify the degree of acquisition of competence of linguistic communication in relation to the matter of Spanish language and literature, and will consist of an analysis and critical commentary of a text in Spanish language and answers to questions of linguistic or literary content arising.
(b) the second exercise will focus on aspects that enable to verify the degree of acquisition of mathematical competence in relation to math stuff, or if any math oriented to academic studies or math oriented the teachings applied depending on the choice made by the student, and will be in response to issues and/or resolution of practical exercises and/or troubleshooting on the contents of the field.
(c) the third exercise will focus on aspects that allow check the grade of acquisition of the competition linguistic in connection with the matter first language foreign, and will consist in the realization of tasks of understanding and expression written on a text of character cultural, literary or informative.
Article 8. Criteria for the evaluation of the tests.
The assessment of the evidence will serve, among other criteria specific to each of the exercises that compose them, to the following: the correction of the answers, clarity and quality of exposure, the structuring of the exercise, the property of the vocabulary, punctuation and spelling.
CHAPTER III national prizes for teaching artistic professionals in the fields of music, dance and Visual Arts and design article 9. Candidates requirements.
You can qualify for the national prizes of art teaching professionals students who have previously obtained extraordinary prize of artistic teaching professionals in the area of direct management of the Ministry of education, culture and sports or the autonomous community that has completed such teachings, and in addition, for each area, complying with the following requirements: to) field: music: 1 have completed the professional teaching of music in the academic year of the call in Spanish schools.
2nd have earned a half note equal or superior to 8.75 in the last two years teaching professionals of music. For this purpose the subjects validated will not be taken into account. In the event that the student or student has entered in sixth course the note middle will be referred only to the subjects of said course.
3rd have been selected for their educational administration to participate in the national awards.
(b) field B: Dance: 1 having completed them teachings professional of dance in the course academic of the call in centers teaching Spanish.
2nd have retrieved a note half equal or superior to 8.75 in those two last courses of them teachings professional of dance. To these effects the subjects validated not will be dyed in features. In the event that the student or student has entered in sixth course the note middle will be referred only to the subjects of said course.
3rd have been selected by their management education to participate in them Awards National.
(c) area C: Arts plastic and design: 1 have finished a cycle training of grade top of Arts plastic and design in the course academic of the call, in centers teaching Spanish.
2nd have retrieved a note half end equal or superior to 8.75 in the cycle training of grade top of Arts plastic and design completed.
3rd have been selected by their management education to participate in them Awards National.
Article 10. Criteria of assessment.
The jury appointed for this purpose carry out the assessment of submitted records attending, among other specific criteria established for each call, the following: technical level, artistic quality and quality of execution.
Provision additional unique. Regime legal.
All those ends not foreseen in the present order applies to law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure, and any other regulatory provision which, by its nature, might result from application.
Sole transitional provision. Transitional period.
This order shall not apply to the procedures governed by requests approved prior to their entry into force. The time limit set in article 3(1) is extended for the convocation of the extraordinary awards the modalities concerning this order corresponding to the 2014-2015 course, until November 15, 2015.
Until the school year 2016-2017, in which, in accordance with paragraph 2 of the fifth final provision of law 8/2013, December 9, for the improvement of the quality of education, will take place the implementation of the modifications introduced in the curriculum, organization, objectives, requirements for obtaining certificates and diplomas, programs, promotion and compulsory secondary education assessments (, not taken into account the distinction of options intended for the stage which is referred to in item 6.a) of this order.
In the same way, until that date, the second year of the tests referred to in article 7 consist of response to issues or practical problem solving in mathematics matter issued by the student.
First final provision. Skill-related title.
The present order is dictates to the amparo of it established in the article 149.1.30. ° of the Constitution that attributed to the State the competition for the establishment of them standards basic to the development of the article 27 of the Constitution, in order ensure the compliance of them obligations of them powers public in this matter.
Second final provision. Development.
Is empowered to the person holder of the Secretariat of State of education, training professional and universities for dictate few provisions requires the application of it willing in this order.
Third final provision. Entry in force.
This order shall enter into force on the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, July 29, 2015.-the Minister of education, culture and sport, Íñigo Méndez de Vigo and Montojo.
Search Translated Laws of Spain