The register offices provide an essential service to the administrative activity and, in particular, relations between citizens and public administrations, insofar as they constitute true «Gates» the administrative organization and certify the existence and effects of a large number of performances both the Administration and the citizens.
No doubt inspired by such considerations, the law 30/1992, of the legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure, provides in its article 38 that each public administration establish the days and hours of opening of registration offices, as well as make public the relationship of those offices and arranged.
This resolution seeks to fulfil the expressed legal mandates, in the belief that their compliance represents a guarantee of the principles of transparency and citizen participation in administrative activity. Its main objective is therefore the public dissemination of more relevant data about all of the registry offices of the General Administration of the State and its public agencies, as well as concerted with those offices.
In regards to the relationship of their own registration offices and arranged, has to stand out that have been included in the latter category records of numerous local authorities which, on the basis of article 38.4. b) of law 30/1992 and in the framework of the development of the project «one stop shop», have formalized agreements with the General Administration of the State being enabled for reception of requests, aimed at her writings and communications.
On the other hand, and in what relates to the hours and days of opening, promptly completed regulation which, on the day and hours of registration offices - carried out the previous resolution of 27 April 1995, of this Secretary of State, with a double aim: put this regulation in a more appropriate venue - this resolution - and establish a regime that can solve the specific problems of registration offices. Not by obvious it should fail to mention is that such regulation at all affects the concerted register offices, whose schedules and opening days are set by public authorities holding them and are reflected in relation to purely informative title.
As a result, the Secretary of State for public administration has resolved: first-list of register offices of the General Administration of the State and public organizations linked or dependent.
1. is made public by the relationship of the register offices of the General Administration of the State and its agencies, indicating for each organ in which are integrated, their status as auxiliary or general registration, postal address and other means of communication, as well as, finally, days and hours that are open to the public.
2 that relationship, whose data refer to the date of adoption of the present resolution, will be distributed together with the «Official Gazette» in which publication of this resolution. In addition, will be permanently updated and available to the public at the General Inspectorate of services of the public administration (calle María de Molina, 50, 28006 Madrid, phone 91-586 10 10) and at the offices of care and information to delegations and Subdelegations of the Government, citizen and can consult through Internet (direccionhttp: / www.map.es). For such purposes, departments and public bodies of the General State administration shall communicate to the General Inspectorate of services of the public administration any variation of the published data.
Second.-list of register offices agreed with the General Administration of the State.
1. it is made public the relationship of registration offices agreed with the General Administration of the State and its public agencies, indicating for each of them the local authority they belong to, postal address and other media, as well as finally, days and hours that are open to the public.
2. the list includes data from local authorities which, at the date of adoption of this resolution, it has formalized the corresponding Convention and this has already entered into force. The relationship will be permanently updated by the General Inspectorate of services of the public administration, being distributed and can accessed by the means referred to in point 2 of the previous section.
Third.-days and opening hours of the registration offices of the General Administration of the State and its public agencies.
1 the register offices of the organs of the General Administration of the State and its public agencies will remain open to the public all the working days of the year, without prejudice to the provisions of point 3 of this section. General opening hours will be from nine to fourteen and sixteen to eighteen hours, with the exception of Saturdays, where the said Schedule shall be nine to fourteen hours.
2. The undersecretaries of the ministerial departments, Government delegates and Presidents or heads of public agencies may establish in the scope of their respective schedules special powers of opening to the public that are higher or lower than the general indicated in the previous point.
These special schedules must be previously approved by the Secretary of State for public administration and shall be established by a resolution that will determine the register offices affected by, your either permanent or temporary, in view of the number of citizens demanding the service or for other reasons that are accredited, as well as, where applicable, the period of validity of the special schedule of temporary character established.
3. the delegates of the Government may, in the towns of the area within its competence territorial and prior the realization of studies and statistics from, determine for Saturdays and weekdays of the month of August rotating shifts of opening of offices of the same locality, provided that an appropriate attention to citizens is guaranteed. Offices of the Ministry of defence shall be exempted from this possibility.
Such rotating shifts must be previously approved by the Secretary of State for public administration and will be established by resolution, ensuring an adequate knowledge by citizens of the corresponding locality. You must always be on the outside of the offices of record and visible the relationship of which remain open the corresponding day.
4. in any case, must remain open registration offices attached or integrated into offices of care and information to citizens in the days and hours when they are.
In any case the establishment of special timetables of opening or the accomplishment of rotating shifts may make increases or improper reductions of working hours of staff serving in offices.
Fourth.-publication of updates.
Subject as provided in paragraphs 2 first and second, the Secretary of State for public administration it will be public in the month of March of each year the up-to-date list of registry offices to own or concerted with the General Administration of the State and its public agencies.
Fifth.-entry into force and transitional arrangements of opening.
1. the present decision shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
2. schedules and days of opening of the register offices of the General Administration of the State and its public agencies will have to adapt to the provisions of the third paragraph of this resolution on the period of three months from the date of entry into force of the same.
Madrid, September 1, 1997.-the Secretary of State, Francisco Villar García Moreno.