The Royal Decree 704/1999, of 30 April, which regulates the selection procedures for admission to universities for students who meet legal requirements necessary for access to the University, issued pursuant to the provisions of article 26.1 of the organic law 11/1983, of 25 August, University reform , continuing the line initiated by the previous Royal Decree 1005 / 1991 of 14 June, which repeals, has adopted new measures which promote the mobility of students, with the idea of moving towards the goal that all students can follow their preference studies and at the University of their choice, in accordance with article 25 of the Basic Law 11/1983 cited.
This Royal Decree is intended to go beyond the achievement of the goal before pointed to by setting called open district, whereby all students who meet the legal requirements may apply for square, at the University of your choice, for first cycles of University studies leading to the obtaining of official titles and with validity throughout the national territory , regardless of the University that have passed the corresponding proof of access.
With this measure, will favor both student mobility, and access to the lessons that students feel vocationally inclined; opportunities, offered these same students according to their ability and not, as before, of their geographical origin, and stimulates the proper competition between universities.
For better reading and comprehension for students, their main target, this Royal Decree reproduces substantially the Royal Decree 704/1999, 30 April, quoted, with the modifications that are introduced to it in order to the effectiveness of the open district, which is set.
At the same time, looking for greater coordination in the deadlines and procedures necessary to open district, can be effective for the academic year 2001 / 2002, instructs the Council of universities the precise studies and the proposal to the Ministry of education and culture, for its approval, measures are generally applicable to students who go to study first cycles of University studies.
The present Royal Decree has been informed by the Council of universities.
By virtue, on the proposal of the Minister of education and culture, according to the Council of State and after deliberation by the Council of Ministers at its meeting of January 21, 2000, D I S P O N G O: chapter I General provisions article 1. Places for admission in official university studies.
1 you can apply in public universities, to attend the first or second cycle University studies leading to the obtaining of official titles and with validity throughout the national territory, students who meet the requirements demanded by current legislation for access to them and those who are established in the present Royal Decree.
2. the universities public will deadlines and procedures to apply in his teachings on the dates that determine the competent bodies of the autonomous communities, in the framework of the general regulation which is established for the purpose. In the case of the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), corresponds to the Ministry of education and culture, the determination of the aforementioned terms and procedures.
3. the right to be admitted into teachings referred to in paragraph 1 above will be conditioned by the number of squares that, according to objective modules that had established the Council of universities, offer each of the universities.
4. no University can leave vacant squares previously offered, while there are requests for them, formalized within the application period referred to in paragraph 2 for students who meet the requirements referred to in paragraph 1 of this article.
Article 2. Proof of access.
1. applicants to first start university studies, where appropriate, must be the entrance examination at the University that corresponds according to the provisions of articles 5 to 8 of this Royal Decree. In the course of abovementioned testing at more than one University, will be nullified all of them.
2 after passing the test, students may be submitted again in successive calls, ordinary and extraordinary, with the aim of improving the note. The overall rating obtained in calls to improve the note be taken into account only if it is greater than that given above.
When use is made of this possibility, the test will be held by a single different pathways or planned access options.
The new test must be in the same University, unless it is duly justified a change of residence or square in another University, in which case it will be the latter where the new test should be obtained.
The possibility of repetition of the test will not be obstacle so that the student can formalize your enrollment at the University which has obtained plaza in the academic year in which first perform this test.
Article 3. Application of the present Royal Decree.
It corresponds to the universities adopt the necessary measures to ensure compliance with the provisions of this Royal Decree and resolve, in accordance with criteria of guarantee, transparency and immediacy, requests, incidents and claims by the students in the exercise of their rights, without prejudice to the provisions of article 22 of the Basic Law 11/1983, of 25 August , University reform.
Chapter II University that access article 4 test should be conducted. General rules.
The proof of access referred to in paragraph 1 of article 2 will take place at the University which, as the case may be, described in articles 5 to 8 of this Royal Decree.
Article 5. High-school students.
1. students who have completed high school studies provided for in the organic law 1/1990 of 3 October, General Organization of the educational system (LOGSE), will be the entrance examination at the University with which it is affiliated, for the indicated purposes, secondary education center which had superseded the second course. The same shall apply to students who have completed the experimental high school.
2 student multipurpose and unified baccalaureate (BUP) of law 14/1970, of 4 August, General education, will do the entrance examination at the University which, for the indicated purposes, is attached or coordinate Center where he had passed the course of University orientation (COU).
3 high school students studied in accordance with plans of previous studies to the law 14/1970, of 4 August, General education, will be the entrance examination at the University in their province of residence or, failing that, at the University to which they are affiliated institutes of secondary education in that province.
Article 6. Students of Spanish public centres abroad.
Students from the Spanish public centres located abroad shall be tested from access in the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), unless the Center concerned is affiliated to a University other than the one mentioned, in which case you will be in this where access tests must be.
Article 7. Students who have completed pre-university studies under foreign educational systems.
Students who have completed foreign studies UPV high school of organic law 1/1990 (LOGSE) or the COU, including the incurred in foreign centres in Spain, may choose between the test access at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) or make it: to) at the public University to choose, if they are foreign nationals, or if they are of Spanish nationality and justify their residence abroad.
(b) any public University in the located in the province of their residence in Spain, or in his case, in that to which are attached the institutes of secondary education in that province, if they are students of nationality Spanish that do not justify their residence abroad.
Article 8. Students older than twenty-five years.
Students over the age of twenty-five years of age will be the proof of access referred to in article 53.5 of the organic law 1/1990 (LOGSE) at the University of your choice and will be subject to the specific arrangements.
Chapter III district open article 9. General rules.
1 students referred to in paragraph 1 of article 1, that go to complete first cycle of University studies, may apply at any University, regardless of the one in which, by application of the provisions of articles 5 to 8, have passed the entrance examination.
2. universities ordered requests and shall award availability in response, first of all, to the priorities established in articles 10 and 11 and, secondly, to the criteria of valuation which, likewise, are laid down in article 12 of the present Royal Decree.
Students will include in its application a ranked list of studies that wish to be admitted in accordance with the established rules of procedure.
Article 10. Priorities for the allocation of seats.
Without prejudice to the provisions of the second additional provision of this Royal Decree, for the award of the squares of the first cycle, the universities considered priority requests for those students who have passed the entrance examination for some routes or options referred to in article 8.2 of the Royal Decree 1640 / 1999, of 22 October, which regulates access to university studies test , and wish to start studies related to the mentioned ways or options, at the same time related to the modalities of secondary education regulated by organic law 1/1990 (LOGSE). Provisions of the preceding paragraph shall also apply to students from the experimental Bachelor and Bachelor of law 14/1970 of 4 August, who have passed the entrance examination, and wish to start studies related pathways or obsolete options.
When in the set of subjects by the student, in your choice of the COU, containing the binding of another, or when the subjects that the student, who attended the experimental high school, was discussed in the University entrance examination, included those of another test option, the student will have preference rights that are granted one or the other option.
Article 11. Temporary priority in the allocation of seats.
1 the applications received and prioritized in accordance with the provisions of article 10, will be handled, in any case, in the successive phases that are determined in the following order of priority: to) first of all, of those students who have passed the entrance exam to the University in the regular call of the year in course or announcements from previous courses (((, as well as those students showing any of the assessment criteria referred to in paragraphs b), c) and (d)) of article 12.
(b) Secondly, the students who have passed the tests of access in the extraordinary call for the current year.
(c) third, and for the admission into teachings that lead exclusively to obtaining qualifications of first-cycle (Diplomado, technical architect or technical engineer), those of students who have passed the COU in the regular call of the year in course or in editions of previous courses.
Students who have completed the second year of secondary education regulated by organic law 1/1990 (LOGSE) shall not be admitted to the studies referred to in the preceding paragraph without prior overcoming of the corresponding proof of access.
((d) Fourthly, the requests of students referred to in paragraph (c)) of this article who have passed the corresponding studies in the extraordinary call for the current year.
2. for the first cycle of University studies places reserved to students from the vocational training higher vocational training, and for the purposes only of studies that have direct access taking into account their relationship with studies of vocational training who have completed, applications will be considered, first, the of those who have completed these studies in the regular call of the year in course or in ordinary calls or extraordinary previous courses and, secondly, those of the students who have passed the indicated lessons in extraordinary calls for the current year.
The provisions of the preceding paragraph shall also apply to students who have passed the professional experimental modules of level 3.
As for students who have completed vocational training of second degree teachings, will be considered, firstly, requests that have completed these studies in the regular call of the year in course or calls for previous courses and, secondly, those of students who have completed indicated teachings in the extraordinary call for the current year.
Article 12. Criteria for the allocation of seats.
Requests that are equal, according to the criteria listed in articles 10 and 11, they ordered using the criterion that, among the following appropriate: to) the final qualifications obtained in the University entrance examination.
(b) the Middle note resulting from averaging the score, on his day, in tests of maturity and the average of the academic record of upper secondary education and pre-university course.
(c) the average grade of the academic record of the polyvalent unified baccalaureate (BUP) or, where appropriate, of the baccalaureate and University orientation course, for those who have completed the latter prior to 1974-1975 course.
(d) the average high school academic record note for those who have completed prior to the year 1953 curricula.
(e) the Middle note of the University record, when certifying possession of degree University or equivalent, calculated according to the general criteria agreed by the Council of universities referred to in the second final disposition of Royal Decree 1497 / 1987, of 27 November, which establish common general guidelines of the curricula of the University titles of official and valid throughout the national territory , in the wording given by the Royal Decree 1267 / 1994, of 10 June.
In the unstructured curriculum in credits, the calculation of the GPA shall be carried out according to the following criterion: sum of the obsolete subjects by multiplying each by the value of the qualifying matches, starting from the same table that is contained in the annex I to Royal Decree referred to in the preceding paragraph. The result will be divided by the total number of the corresponding teaching subjects.
Half of the value of the qualification in the sum and half of the subject in the divider will be counted in the case of subjects quarterly or half-yearly. To these effects, subjects that appear obsolete without notice, nor the voluntary subjects be not taken into account.
The autonomous communities or, where appropriate, universities may vary the grade point average so obtained by applying the corrective factor that results from dividing the average of grades corresponding to the promotion concerned of the receiving University by the average of the corresponding to the issuing university qualifications.
(f) the Middle note of the academic record of training calculated in accordance with the provisions of the resolution on April 25, 1996 ("Official Gazette" of May 7), as amended by the 3 of June 1998 ("Official Gazette" of the 18), in the case of studies pursued in Spanish centres, and in the resolution of 7 May 1996 ("Official Gazette" of the 15) in the case of foreign studies validated by professional training, or in the rules that replace them.
Article 13. Reserved places: General rules.
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of articles 10 and 11, when the demand for places is higher than the offer, the universities reserved annually a certain number of seats to be allocated among the students that articles 14 to 19, provided that they meet the requirements demanded by current legislation for access to University.
2. the accurate determination of the seats reserved, within the limits set by articles 14 et seq. of this Royal Decree, shall be responsible, in the proportion and for studies deemed appropriate, taking into account the demand this type of places, to the autonomous community, on the proposal of the universities located in their territory.
3. in cases of students with university degree and national students from non-EU countries or of the European economic area, there will be a single corresponding to the regular call application deadline.
4 places subject to reservation, in accordance with the provisions of the following articles, which remain uncovered will be accumulated to the offered by the universities by the general scheme, in each of the calls for pre-registration.
5. students who meet the requirements to apply for admission with more than one path - general or percentage of reservation - can make use of this possibility.
6. the management and allocation of reserved vacancies will take place according to the evaluation criteria set out in article 12.
Article 14. Places are reserved for students with a university degree or equivalent.
A number of squares not less than 1 per 100 or higher 3 per 100 will be reserved for students who are in possession of a university or equivalent, degree that does not allow them access to the second cycle of studies seeking to pursue.
Article 15. Seats reserved for national students from non-EU countries or of the European economic area.
For non-Community countries or the European economic area national students who have passed tests for access to Spanish universities in the current or the immediately preceding year and whenever their respective States apply the principle of reciprocity in this matter, a number of squares not less than 1 per 100 or higher 3 per 100 will be reserved.
Article 16. Places reserved for students of vocational training.
For students who have completed studies of vocational training which authorize direct access to university education which, in each case, be determined, taking into account their relationship with studies of vocational training who have completed, reserves a number of places not less than 15 nor more than 30 100 by 100, in the case of University studies leading to the obtaining of official titles of only first cycle.
In the course of University studies leading to the obtaining of official titles of first and second cycle, the number of places above will be placed in a band of between a minimum of 7 per 100 and a maximum of 15 per 100.
Article 17. Places reserved for disabled students.
1. be booked a 3 by 100 of the seats available for students who have recognized a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33 per 100, or suffer impairment total speech or total loss of hearing, as well as for those students with educational needs special permanent associated with the personal conditions of disability that have pointed out extraordinary resources during their previous schooling.
2. certificate, opinion or procedure for the evaluation of losses will be made by the competent organ of each autonomous community.
Article 18. Places reserved for athletes.
For students who, gathering the corresponding academic requirements, the Superior Council of sports brand and publish as high level athletes before 15 June of the current year, or which fulfil the conditions established the Council of universities, will be reserved places in a number not less than 1 per 100 or higher 3 per 100 of the available and In addition, the 5 by 100 squares corresponding to the degree course in science of physical activity and sport.
Article 19. Places reserved for over twenty-five years.
For students over the age of 25 who have passed specific tests for University access provided for in article 53.5 of the organic law 1/1990 (LOGSE), are reserved seats in number not less than 1 per 100 or higher 3 per 100.
Chapter IV admission of Spanish university students or foreign article 20. Change of University and/or Spanish studies.
1 students who wish to continue their studies at a University other than the one in which had begun them may apply for admission in the first, provided that they meet the following requirements: a) having passed the first full course of these studies, teaching not renewed, or 60 credits in the case of renewed teachings, meaning credit the measuring unit of the teachings in accordance with the provisions of Royal Decree 1497 / 1987 , of 27 November, amended by the Royal Decree 1267 / 1994, of 10 June; 2347 / 1996 of 8 November; 614/1997, 25 April, and 779/1998, of April 30.
(b) not having exhausted the calls set out in permanence standards that apply to.
2. the decision on admission of students referred to in the preceding paragraph corresponds to the Rector, who shall decide in accordance with the criteria for planning and prioritizing which, according to the provisions of this Royal Decree, the Governing Board of each University determines.
3. Requests for students who wish to change University and which do not meet the requirements laid down in paragraph 1 of this article, shall be subject to the general regime of allocation of seats established in the present Royal Decree.
4. in the cases provided for in this article, square in the chosen University award shall have the same effects as the request for transfer of the corresponding academic records, and must this be transacted by the University, once the interested party accredits to have been admitted to another University.
5. Requests for students wishing to start other than the begun University studies shall be subject to the general regime of allocation of seats established in the present Royal Decree.
6. when, throughout the process of adjudication of squares, a student who has been admitted by a University justify being pending admission elsewhere, may be the first a provisional registration, whose public prices by University academic services be paid at the time of its final formalisation.
Article 21. Admission of students with foreign university studies.
Applications for places of students with partial foreign university studies, or complete but whose approval had been denied by the Ministry of education and culture indicating expressly the possibility of partial validation for the purpose of continuing the same teachings or equivalent in Spanish universities, they shall be decided by the Rector of the University, in accordance with the following rules: 1st the applications of squares of foreign college students that is validated the first full course or a minimum of 60 credits will be resolved by the Rector of the University, who shall act in accordance with the criteria established by the Board of Government which, in any case, shall take into account the qualifications of University file.
2nd if the application of square is not for studies in which the demand for places is less than the offer, just that the students have validated a minimum of 15 credits or, in his case, a subject.
3rd students who do not obtain partial validation must pass the test of access to Spanish universities, unless pre-university studies that had been validated them give direct access to the University without the need for test access, without prejudice to the temporary priorities and evaluation criteria set out in the present Royal Decree.
Chapter V admission to the second cycle of official university studies article 22. Applicable regime.
The admission of students to the second University cycle, when the demand for places is greater than the supply of them, shall be governed by the provisions of the following articles.
Article 23. Access to the second cycle of teachings that constitute direct continuation of a first cycle.
Access to the second cycle of teachings that constitute direct continuation of a prior undergraduate will be held according to the following criteria: 1 be able to access all the students who are studying or have studied the first corresponding previous cycle of the same degree at the same University, without prejudice, in this regard, the permanence of the University standards or regulation that on prerequisites and incompatibilities between subjects, contain, where appropriate, the corresponding curricula.
2nd where the University only has implanted the second cycle of teachings concerned, will have access to the same students of the University who have completed only first cycle studies (diploma, technical architect or technical engineer) who have access to that, in accordance with the regulations in force.
3rd will have access, in addition, students who have completed or are studying the corresponding first cycle at different University, resolving requests in accordance with the provisions that are contained in article 20 on change of University.
Article 24. Access to a second cycle which is not a direct continuation of a first cycle completed, as well as teachings of second-cycle.
Access to a second cycle which is not a direct continuation of the first completed cycle, as well as teachings of second-cycle, will be held in accordance with the priorities and assessment criteria provided for each autonomous community, on the proposal of the universities in their territory, respecting, in any case, the following forecasts: 1st case access to the second cycle of teachings of first and second cycles the universities must book a minimum percentage of seats, to be determined by the corresponding autonomous communities, to students from any university that has implanted this second cycle in public centers of the same.
2nd in the case teaching of second-cycle access, universities considered on equal footing, along with requests for his own students, of those who wish to access these lessons by not being implemented in public centres integrated into the University in which they arise.
Article 25. Admission to the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) of students in the second cycle.
The admission of students in the second cycle of University studies who has taught at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), in which the demand for places more than to offer them, shall be governed by criteria similar to those provided for in the preceding articles, corresponding to the Ministry of education and culture attributions, in above articles they confer to the autonomous communities.
Article 26. Recognition of complementary training.
The complementary training for access to a second cycle which have been overtaken by the student at any University, will be recognized academically for the host University, even when this might have made a different of the same determination, in cases where this possibility is admitted.
First additional provision. Evidence of personal suitability for certain teachings.
1 the universities may carry out specific evaluation tests of the personal skills of those who requested access to the following courses: to) in the Bachelor of fine arts, in order to assess the skills and abilities for the Visual Arts.
(b) in the degree in translation and interpretation, in order to assess the skills and linguistic translation skills in one of the known foreign modern languages.
(c) in the Bachelor's degree in Sciences of the physical activity and sport, in order to assess the skills and abilities for physical activities and sport.
They are excepted from these specific tests those classified as high level athletes by the Superior Council of sports.
Universities may be adapted to the special conditions of students with disabilities the evaluation tests of the personal skills for physical activity and sport, referred to in the preceding paragraph.
(d) in the case of the teachings of the second cycle, it will be what, if any, the respective rules of access to them.
2. the universities may carry out evaluation tests for control skills and skills in oral and written communication in the foreign language in question, in the case of double qualification referred to in article 12(2) of the Royal Decree 1497/l.987, November 27.
3. in all the tests referred to in the two preceding paragraphs, will be only awarded the qualification of suitable or not.
Second additional provision. Regional and interautonomico districts.
1. when one or several autonomous communities have established that some or all of the universities which of them are dependent on prior, and with respect to the teachings and percentages to be determined, if considered as a single University for the purposes of the provisions of this Royal Decree, the references to the University which are contained in the same shall be deemed performed so when appropriate, to the district regional or interautonomico, as the case may be.
2. in any case, the provisions of the preceding paragraph shall not be of application in the case of the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED).
Third additional provision. Students at Centers affiliated with public universities.
For access to studies in centres attached to universities apply priorities and evaluation criteria set out in the present Royal Decree.
Fourth additional provision. Deadlines and procedures.
1. for improved coordination, the Ministry of education and culture, on the proposal of the Council of universities, establish, prior to July 31, 2000, procedure, deadlines, percentages of gradual implementation in three courses and other forecasts which, in General, are applicable in applications and award of the open district seats.
The proposal of the Council of universities must be made before April 30 of the same year.
2 the rules of coordination referred to in the preceding paragraph shall not account, in any case, the number of seats provided annually, during the period of the open district gradual implementation, will understand to each and every one of the teachings that are given in different universities representing, for the academic year 2001-2002 , as a general rule, at least, a 20 by 100 squares indicated.
3. within the framework of the rules referred to in this article, the autonomous communities, following a report from the universities in their territory, they may take measures to adapt to the peculiarities arising from their specific situations.
Fifth additional provision. Skill-related title.
The present Royal Decree, dictating under cover in the articles 149.1.30. of the Constitution and 26.1 of the organic law 11/1983, of 25 August, University reform, has the character of basic standard.
First transitional provision. Vocational training.
So starts the extinction of the second vocational training studies, the percentage of seats to be reserved for students from the vocational training will remain at 30 per 100. Thereafter, and until its extinction, the reduction of seats to book only percentages may be progressive.
Second transitional provision. General offer of squares in Spanish universities.
1 as long as the Council of universities do not set goals modules which refers article 1.3 of the present Royal Decree, universities, in accordance with the respective autonomous communities, will determine the ability of the centers and the number of seats for each of the degrees that the same be given, for each academic year, taking into account the minimum requirements of the Royal Decree 557/1991 on creation and recognition of universities and university centers, 12 April.
The offer of squares resulting shall be communicated to the Council of universities, which will approve the general offer of lessons which must be posted in the "official bulletin of the State" prior to June 30 of the current year.
2. the provisions of paragraph 1 above shall also apply to the centers attached to public universities.
Third transitional provision. Requirements completed before the course of 1988-1989.
1 a the purposes specified in paragraph first article 10: to) students who, having passed the course of University orientation before the academic year 1988 / 1989, performing University entrance test subsequent to the entry into force of this Royal Decree, they will choose, for the purposes of application of square, between legally exceeded the COU options-related studies.
(b) students who meet the requirements to access the University prior to the course of 1988 / 1989, requested the beginning of University studies subsequent to the entry into force of this Royal Decree, they will choose, for the purposes of application of square, between legally exceeded the COU options-related studies.
2. in the cases of paragraph 1 above shall to apply provisions of the second paragraph of article 10.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
The Royal Decree 704/1999, of 30 April, which regulates the selection procedures for admission to universities for students who meet the legal requirements for access to University, and many provisions of equal or lower rank to oppose provisions of this Royal Decree shall be repealed.
First final provision. Update of studies options.
1 corresponds to the Minister of education and culture, following a report of the Council of universities, determination, review and modification of the university degrees related to each of the pathways or options of access to university studies, at the same time related to the modalities of the planned high school in the organic law 1/1990 of 3 October, General Organization of the educational system (LOGSE) , and, where appropriate, of the experimental high school and the COU.
2. Likewise, it corresponds to the Minister of education and culture, prior report of the Council of universities, determination, review and modification of the College which, by its relationship with professional training, students of the latter have direct access.
Second final provision. Regulatory development.
It is up to the Minister of education and culture in the areas of competence and without prejudice to the autonomous communities enact many provisions are necessary for the development and application of the provisions of this Royal Decree.
Third final provision. Entry into force.
The present Royal Decree, including the additional provision fourth, it shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "official bulletin of the State", except the provisions of article 9 and concordant on the open district, which will be applicable to those who will start College in the academic year 2001-2002.
During the period of implementation of the open district, referred to in the fourth of the present Royal Decree additional provision, the application and allocation of seats not offered in the same will take place in the form established in the Royal Decree 704/1999, 30 April, without that resulting from application of the rules which are contained in its article 18 on the so-called shared district reserved and concordant.
Given in Madrid on January 21, 2000.
JUAN CARLOS R.
The Minister of education and culture, MARIANO RAJOY BREY