This provision establishes the normative regulation relating to the zootechnical and genealogical conditions equids of purebred and registered equidae, in order to give a common uniform normative framework, which guarantees adequate preservation and enhancement, the inspiring criteria contained in Directive 90/427/EEC of the Council of 26 June relating to the zootechnical and genealogical conditions governing intra-Community trade in equidae; in Directive 91/174/EEC of the Council of 25 March 1991, on the zootechnical and genealogical rules that govern the marketing of animals of race and that amending Directives 77/504/EEC and 90/425/EEC and concordant provisions.
Over recent years, the changes undergone by the provisions as well as the remarkable improvement in the quality of the different races, coupled with the intense evolution experienced in the sector, make it necessary to update the regulations in force in this area, mainly contained in the Royal Decree 1026 / 1993, of 25 June, on the selection and reproduction of cattle horses of pure breeds; Order 228/1978 of 26 December, the Ministry of defence, which approves the regulation of the registro-matricula of pure-bred animals, and order 70/1986, of 21 August, the Ministry of defence, which creates the registro-matricula for the Moorish horse breed.
Those aspects that recommended to experience are preserved in this Royal Decree and amending those others that require an urgent update, with the basic purpose for greater participation and representativeness in various decision-making bodies to breeders, through their relevant associations.
The special configuration and characteristics of equine breeds, with skills and profits very different from the rest of the cattle species, forces to establish own legislation that ensures a high degree of homogeneity for its proper regulation and supervision.
Thus, books herd of purebred horses and equidae registered as administrative records of public ownership, must exist one only for each race are configured.
Based on this configuration, this Royal Decree establishes the legal framework which should develop actions that affect the genealogical books and other activities that are derived from them, through their management by an official body or by organizations or private associations of breeders of equidae, freely formed, aimed at the conservation, improvement and promotion of the races.
This provision is run under cover of the qualification contained in article 149.1. 13th of the Constitution, which attributes to the State the exclusive competence in the field of bases and coordination of the general planning of economic activity.
In the processing of this Royal Decree have been consulted the organizations representing the sector and the autonomous communities.
By virtue, on the proposal of the Minister of agriculture, fisheries and food, prior approval from the Minister of public administration and favourable report from the Ministry of Defense, according to the Council of State and after deliberation by the Council of Ministers at its meeting of October 31, 2002, D I S P O N G O: chapter I General principles article 1. Object.
This Royal Decree sets out the zootechnical and genealogical conditions of equids of purebred and registered equidae, the legal regime relating to the management of herd-books, procedures and criteria for inscription of cattle horses in the books of national and international and national team players. It also establishes the legal regime of the associations and organisations of breeders of registered equidae.
Article 2. Registered equidae and equine pure breeds.
1 a the effects of the provisions of this Royal Decree, means: to) equine: pet of the equine or asinine species or the retrieved from the crossing of the same animal.
(b) registered equidae: the inscribed or registered equidae or that you can be in a studbook, in accordance with the criteria established for registration and identification in the present Royal Decree.
2 this Regulation shall apply to the following equine breeds and to registered equidae which, for the purposes of this provision shall be considered to be of purebred: to) within the national scope: 1 Chair: pure Spanish race (PRE), pure-bred Arab (PRa), English Thoroughbred (PSI), Anglo race (a-a.), (h) Moorish race and horse of Spanish sport (CDE).
2nd Trotadores: trotting Spanish (TE).
3 of throw (throw): Breton, postier Breton, percherona and ardenesa.
(b) the autonomous communities shall establish the relationship of equine pure breeds of autonomous, as well as determining criteria of purity of the same, in accordance with the provisions of this Royal Decree.
Article 3. Studbook.
1. the stud book, which will be unique for each race, is the administrative register of public ownership which includes registered equidae of purebred, making mention of their ascendants and descendants.
2 the stud book will be managed by an official service, to carry out the following functions: to) preparation and keeping of the genealogical book of thoroughbred horses.
(b) registration to equidae of purebred, prior accreditation of compliance with the specific requirements established for the race, in accordance with the provisions of this Royal Decree.
(c) identification and classification of animals.
(d) establishment of modalities and the procedure for the assessment of the players.
(e) collaboration with the associations of breeders recognized for the development and implementation of the scheme of selection and improvement plan, endorsed by the scientific advice of an entity, Department of genetics, or research center, to carry out a genetic evaluation of animals, from the results of the valuation of players and yields control.
f) definition of the rules of the contests and competitions, together with the recognized associations of breeders, writing down the results of the participating animals in the corresponding records of merits, for the control of yields and consideration in selection schemes to verify compliance.
(g) implementation of control of yields, relationships and filiation.
(h) elaboration of a list of breeders, which must give a code or symbol of identification and update it on an annual basis, indicating the status of each livestock (high and low).
(i) establishment of certificates of birth, mating, artificial insemination, transplantation of ova or embryos, inscription, assessment of equidae, other identification documents required under this Royal Decree or legislation.
(j) issuance and dissemination of information bulletins, magazines or other publications and media, in particular for information concerning the animals included in the different registers of the genealogical book.
You must differentiate between players, males and females, and their products, the most significant details: name, sex, parents in two generations, descendants, code, layer, year of birth, breeder and owner.
3. in the context of the General Administration of the State, the autonomous body Fund exploitation services of horse breeding and traces, attached to the Ministry of defence, is the agency designated by the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food as official service of the State, which will develop the functions in paragraph 2 of this article in accordance with the criteria laid down in the present Royal Decree.
Article 4. Division of the genealogical book.
1 the genealogical book shall consist, at least, by the following records: to) birth registration: for those horses of both sexes born players belonging to the primary log or auxiliary registration, in the case of having the latter, and who have fulfilled the conditions of article 7.
(b) master record: for those copies that are three years and come from the registration of births and comply with the conditions laid down for each race.
Dentro_de this record will exist the following special registers, provided that will not impede it international regulations of the race: 1 registration of qualified players: in which shall be entered the animals who have favourably passed evaluation tests provided for in article 8.1. to) of the present Royal Decree.
(2nd record of elite players: for those copies that are subjected to a genetic evaluation, as provided in article 8.1. b) of this Royal Decree.
2 in addition, except in the cases in which, in accordance with the international regulations, is not possible, may be the following registers, which shall comply with the technical criteria of each race: to) auxiliary record: for those equidae or his descendants, or have some unknown genealogy either were not reported at the time by being declared unsuitable for reproduction or other circumstances , but that they overcome the examination of qualification provided for each livestock breed and show by themselves or by their descendants morphological qualities and functional notables.
The descendants of these animals have access to the register of births, if such animals are reproduced with players of the main record, under conditions to be determined for each race.
(b) founding registry: for genealogical books of new creation, who do not have registered copies, in which those animals which meet the minimum requirements for the recovery of the breed or the conditions laid down by law for the opening of this new record will be included.
((c) register of merits: in which shall be entered the animals which, in addition to the requirements provided for in article 8.1. to), have demonstrated outstanding morphological and functional qualities.
Article 5. Equine national census of pure breeds.
1. the official service designated for the management of the herd-books of pure-breed of domestic equidae, will facilitate the information collected therein to the General direction of animal husbandry of the Ministry of agriculture, fishing and food, duly updated annually, which will include information on the Census of live animals, males and females, enrolled in their records. Therefore breeders shall send to the aforementioned official States of livestock, with an indication of the ups and downs, before December 31 of each year.
2. the autonomous communities shall forward to the General Directorate for livestock information relating to the Census of the animals registered in the stud books of community level.
Chapter II rules procedural article 6. Identification of the animals.
1. the equines should be reviewed and be accompanied by an identification document that meets the minimum specifications listed in the annex of the present Royal Decree, the name assigned and its encoding will take into account international standards.
2. for those born from January 1, 1998, will be mandatory Passport established by Decision 93/623/EEC of the Commission of 20 October 1993 establishing the identification document which must accompany registered equidae, as amended by Decision 2000/68/EC of the Commission of 22 December 1999.
3. the pure breed of domestic equidae must be reviewed after its birth. Review will be made by an official veterinarian or by personnel authorised by the competent authority for this purpose at foot of mother and before weaning, supplementing it on the same spot with the introduction of an electronic identification system suitable to the norms ISO (microchip) and the taking of samples for the analysis of their genetic markers. The microchip should be deployed on the left side of the neck of the animal, in the upper third and cervical ligament.
4. the review should update, animals qualifying for playback or at the request of the breeder.
5. in intra-Community trade, equidae registered in the State of dispatch must, except agreed except by mutual agreement between the two organizations or associations concerned, be registered or enrolled in the corresponding genealogical book where Spain is the State of destination, each with the same name, making mention of the symbol of the country of birth , in accordance with international agreements.
6. the name of the equidae may be preceded or followed by another name, even on a provisional basis, with the condition to maintain the source name in parentheses, during the life of the equidae that concerned and indicating their country of birth by the abbreviations recognized by international agreements.
Article 7. Registration of equidae in stud-book.
1. only shall be subject to registration in their respective Stud books copies in which the circumstances specified in the present Royal Decree and whose origin and genealogy has been duly verified.
2 in the birth register of the genealogical book corresponding to each of the races listed in article 2 shall be entered, as products by way of ancestry, animals which fulfil the following conditions: to) come from parents registered in a flock book of this breed, or of parents admitted to crossing to produce this race, led by an official service or by an association or organization officially recognized for this purpose.
(b) have been declared the mating by the paradista, when it was performed by natural mating, or where possible in accordance with the regulations of each race, having been declared the artificial insemination or embryo transfer, by the optional veterinarian responsible for them, and being declared the birth, by the veterinary optional through documents or forms established for this purpose.
(c) have been identified, as set forth in article 6 of the present Royal Decree.
(d) have controlled the affiliation by analyzing genetic markers, the internationally recognized criteria and as determined by the regulations of each race.
e) have requested enrollment in a stud book within a maximum period of six months from the birth of the product.
3 registration for initial title like players will be for those horses that do not meet the requirements of the previous paragraph, but that are authorized for playback and record in a specific studbook, if they meet the following conditions: to) have been identified in accordance with article 6.
(b) have passed the morphological and functional conditions laid down for the studbook.
(c) have been admitted by the entity which manages the studbook.
4 Notwithstanding the Royal Decree 52/1995, of January 20, which establishes the principles relating to the zootechnical and genealogical conditions applicable to imports of animals, semen, ova and embryos from third countries, equidae imported for registration must meet the following conditions: to) have communicated its import and requested its registration.
(b) have provided passport or letter genealogical or, where applicable, the export certificate issued by the entity that manages the genealogical book of the country of origin.
(c) comply with the conditions for registration in the stud book of that race.
Article 8. Evaluation of players.
1 for its qualification as a "skilled player" or "elite players", whenever possible according to the specific rules of each race, equidae shall be subject to an assessment that manifest their qualities genetic and breeding, with the following modalities: a) "Skilled player": those players three or more years of age, males and females showing a minimum fitness for reproduction by overcoming the basic level established for the racial prototype or morphology , functional test and examination of the reproductive system.
The qualification of the animals as "skilled player" will appear in your passport or genealogical Charter.
(b) "elite players": those players of seven or more years of age, males and females, which are included in the register of qualified players and have been subjected to a genetic evaluation, within the framework of the selection scheme, through the monitoring of morphological, functional parameters and reproductive animals themselves and their descendants.
They may be considered also, elite players those animals, males or females, which, although they are not included in the register of qualified players, have had descendants with outstanding sports merits within the framework of the plan of improving the breed.
2. animals which have been rated eligible as players based on regulations prior to the entry into force of this Royal Decree shall be inserted in the main registry.
Article 9. Selection scheme and improvement plan.
1. the results of the valuation of players and yields control will be integrated into a selection scheme and improvement plan, allowing an assessment objective of animals, in order to achieve a breeding at the Thoroughbred horse.
2. the scheme selection and improvement plan will be developed jointly by the official service and by the associations of breeders recognized and analyzed by the General Committee of the genealogical books of equidae, and will be approved by the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food.
Article 10. Control of yields.
Yields control will be carried out in order to know the genetic value of animals and may be made through any of the following: to) testing testing in yields or authorized training centers monitoring stations, to standardize conditions and limit the environmental factor, in a number of animals that will undergo several tests established purposes to know their skills.
(b) field trials.
(c) results of testing or contests for morphological and functional.
(d) individual indexes following the results of the competitions in the various equestrian disciplines.
(e) genetic indices that consider all family, sports and environmental data from animals to get to know their genetic values as players and the control of his descendants.
Article 11. Resources.
1. against the actions dictated by the entities that manage the stud books of equidae, in exercise of the powers provided for in the present Royal Decree, will fit administrative appeal, before the competent authority of the Administration has designated the official service.
2. within the scope of the General Administration of the State, against the actions dictated by the operating fund of the service of horse breeding and traces, in his capacity as the stud books of equidae for national management agency, may bring appeal to the Director general of animal husbandry of the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food.
Chapter III organs article 12 collaboration. Commission General of the stud books of equidae.
1. in order to inspect, verify and monitor the proper management of the herd-books of pure-breed of domestic equidae, as well as represent a forum for encounter between the Administration and the sectors concerned, the General Commission of the genealogical books of equidae is created.
2 the Commission General of the books family of equidae, College of interdepartmental nature, will be attached to the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food, through the General Secretariat of agriculture, in accordance with the following composition: to) President: the Director general of animal husbandry, with vote of quality.
(b) Vice-Presidents: 1 first: the President of the autonomous body operating the service of horse breeding Fund.
Second 2nd: Assistant Director-general of Animal feed and animal husbandry.
(c) vocal: 1 vocal three appointed by the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food.
2nd vocal three appointed by the Ministry of defence.
3rd a member representing each of the equine breeds of nationally designated by recognized associations or organizations.
(d) Secretary: a the General Sub-Directorate of Animal feed and animal husbandry officer, appointed by the Director general of animal husbandry, with voice and vote.
They may be part of this Committee, as technical advisors with voice but without vote, the representatives of the scientific or sporting area to be determined by the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food in each case.
3 corresponds to the Commission: to) check the operation of the different books.
(b) inform the general provisions applicable to equine livestock projects.
(c) propose necessary amendments to the regulations that regulate the processes of selection and evaluation of different equine breeds and analyze improvement plans, following the proposals of the subcommittees of the breeds referred to in paragraph 4.
(d) determine the applicable to each race blood or DNA controls that guarantee the authenticity of the inscriptions.
(e) maintaining relations with international organizations that perform the same function in different countries.
(f) propose the inclusion in the official catalogue of Spain new equine breeds of livestock breeds.
(g) determine the maximum number of females annually for covered or inseminated by the same Stallion.
(h) inform requests for administrative concession for the management of the stud books of race to an association or organisation of breeders of thoroughbred horses.
(i) serve as a permanent organ of the relationship between the General Administration of the State and the associations of breeders of registered equidae.
4. the General Committee of the stud books of equidae shall constitute subcommittees responsible for providing the necessary technical support in the exercise of their functions, and may create a Subcommittee by race.
These subcommittees, which shall be regarded as working groups, will maintain the same balance of representatives from the General Administration of the State and the organizations representing the races.
5. the legal system in matters not provided for in this Royal Decree shall comply with the standards contained in the field of corporate bodies in chapter II of title II of law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure.
Article 13. Centre of reference for selection, testing, training and control of yields.
The Minister of agriculture, fisheries and food shall appoint, on the proposal of the General Committee of the genealogical books of equidae, the centers of official reference to perform and contrast, where appropriate, tests for selection, training, control of yields and other actions that make the management entities of such books.
Article 14. Reference Centre for reproduction and artificial reproduction methods.
1. the Minister of agriculture, fisheries and food shall appoint the Centre acting reference to homologate the activities relating to animal reproduction and animal germplasm bank.
2 reproduction and animal germplasm of Spain Bank Committee will guide on the criteria that should govern the extraction, use and freezing of semen, ova and embryos and will coordinate the implementation of reproductive activities in the different livestock breeds.
3. the artificial methods of reproduction (artificial insemination, transplantation of ova and embryos), for the purpose of the inclusion of these products in the stud book, will only be authorized in local breeds for animals belonging to the registers of qualified players and elite players included in the master record.
For races that are not native, the use of these methods will follow international guidelines.
4. the certificates that must accompany the semen, ova and embryos for future inclusion of animals in the herd book are those established by Decision 96/79/EC of the Commission of 12 January 1996, which lays down the zootechnical certificates relating to semen, ova and embryos from registered equidae.
Article 15. Laboratory identification and control of filiation.
The laboratory of Molecular Genetics of the autonomous body exploitation of horse breeding services funds is designated as focal point for the realization of the genetic markers, in order to homologate the analysis techniques, following international standards in the field, to ensure pedigrees of equidae registered in herd-books.
Chapter IV organization and associations article 16. Organizations or associations of breeders of thoroughbred horses.
1. the organizations or associations of breeders of purebred horses are private, nationwide associative entities, without encourage non-profit and with legal personality and own and independent of his associates, heritage integrated mainly by breeders and constituted for the purpose of conservation, improvement and promotion of equine breeds. For the purposes provided for in the present Royal Decree, the term breeder the person who breeds pure bred equine in order to reproduce and who is the owner of the mother at the time of the birth of the product.
2. the organizations or associations of breeders of thoroughbred horses will be officially recognised once credited its corporate purpose aims to priority the promotion and defense of the equine pure breeds and they are open, without discrimination, to the possibility of integration therein of breeders and owners of thoroughbred horses.
3. recognition shall be granted at the request of the Association or organization concerned in accordance with the procedure laid down in the law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure.
4 together with the application should be accompanied by copy authorized notary, of the statutes of the organization or association, including the following: to) denomination, associative object and relationship of equine breeds whose actions of promotion and defence are constituted and territorial scope.
(b) criteria of Constitution, which specified that the integration in the Association will be open, without discrimination, to the breeders and owners of thoroughbred horses who request it, which must have a code or abbreviation for identification.
(c) registered office and other local facilities.
(d) general organizational structure, with expression concrete of the organs of Government, representation, administration and control.
(e) rights and basic duties of its members.
(f) liability of the owners and members of the various bodies system.
(g) system of election and dismissal of the holders of the organs of Government and representation, guaranteeing its supply through free, equal, direct and secret suffrage.
(h) operating regime in general and, in particular, agreements of their colleges.
(i) financial and patrimonial regime which shall specify the nature, origin, administration and destination of their resources.
j) documentary regime of the Association, including systems and causes of information to partners or breeders.
(k) disciplinary internal.
(l) causes of extinction and dissolution.
(m) procedure for the adoption and reform of its statutes and internal regulations.
5. the organizations or legally recognized associations of breeders of purebred horses shall be regarded as representative bodies for the purpose of its dialogue and collaboration in taking decisions which may affect the interests that represent, in particular, in the follow-up and implementation of the specific programmes of selection, improvement and recovery, and competitions exhibitions and public events.
6. the breach of determining requirements of such recognition will result, upon instruction from administrative procedure in which necessarily will be hearing the Association or organization concerned, to the Declaration of termination of recognition.
7. in order to assess the degree of representativeness of the race through the various organizations or national associations officially recognized, these be sent annually in December to the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food reliable accreditation by the number of breeders with mares owned by its partners, data that its degree of representativeness is determined.
Article 17. Competition.
1 corresponds to the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food official recognition of organizations or associations of breeders of equidae, in accordance with the criteria set out in the present Royal Decree, and equine breeds of domestic regulation.
2 it corresponds to the autonomous granting official recognition of organizations or associations of breeders of horses and the equine breeds of autonomous regulation.
Article 18. General register of organizations and associations of breeders of thoroughbred horses.
1. in the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food will be a general register of organizations or associations of breeders of horses of pure race, which will include all those that had obtained official recognition in accordance with this Royal Decree regulated and annotations that affect them, including, where appropriate, their extinction will be carried out.
2. the autonomous communities shall inform the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food resolutions granting and termination of the recognition of organizations or associations and the conce injury administrative management of the equine breeds, as well as any other information supplied by them, for the corresponding entries and modifications that are called for in the general register to that referred to in the preceding paragraph.
Article 19. Award of grants and incentives.
The ministries of agriculture, fisheries and food and Defense Finance and shall establish, according to budgetary availability, lines of support to organizations or associations of breeders recognized and dealerships management of herd-books entities, by the completion of actions having for object promotion and defense of the equine pure breeds, and, in particular (, by carrying out the following activities: to) elaboration and implementation of improvement plans and selection schemes.
(b) carrying out tests for the control of yields.
(c) carrying out studies and Ethnology, animal husbandry and production statistics.
(d) establishment of germplasm banks.
(e) import and purchase of animals and genetic material of high value.
(f) activities of the genealogical book.
(g) assistance to meetings, competitions, contests, auctions and exhibitions of national or international.
(h) preparation of training courses.
(i) implementation and promotion of livestock competitions.
(j) raw to play with animals qualified and elite.
First additional provision. Management of the herd books by an organization or association.
1 administrative concession: a) for reasons of public interest may be attributed, in accordance with the criteria laid down in this additional provision, the management of the genealogical book of an equine breed to an organization or Association of breeders of the mentioned race. Such designation shall be the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food following a report of the Ministry of defence case of races nationwide and to the competent body of the autonomous community in the case of breeds of autonomous.
(b) for each equine breed can only exist an association or organization recognized for the keeping of the stud book. The concession for the management of the stud book will be granted, when appropriate to the public interest, under the principles of non discrimination and free competition, association or organization of recognized breeders in accordance with the provisions of articles 16 and 17, which suits the fulfilment of the purposes of the present Royal Decree, evaluating this the degree of representativeness and implementation fairness for the exercise of functions and capacity and the means made available for the attainment of the functions provided for in the present Royal Decree.
(c) the organizations or associations of breeders of equine breeds recognized wishing to apply for the administrative concession for the management of the genealogical book must accompany the application: 1 accreditation, which shall appear in the statutes of the organization or association, to ensure non-discriminatory treatment to breeders, whether or not they are integrated in this, and other organizations or associations constituted for the defence of the equine breeds and providing the services of the genealogical book all interested parties who meet the requirements, whether partners or not, conditions as they may agree to grant the title of collaborating.
2. accreditation of having one sufficient number of farms and a proper census stallions and breeding females to carry out a program of selection and improvement.
3rd accreditation of having the necessary infrastructure both in material means as in qualified personnel, in particular with veterinary training, whether own or contracted, for the development of the functions provided for in this provision.
4th accreditation have capacity to exercise the controls for the register of genealogies and to facilitate data allowing the realization of the improvement programme.
5 financial resources for carrying out the activities provided for in this provision, which will present the budget of expenditures and revenues, by benefits services or contributions of partners, or other resources, in addition to subsidies granted by the administration.
(d) once granted the concession, they shall be regarded as collaborators of the Administration in the management of herd-books, and shall be subject to provisions in the Act 30/1992.
(e) the territorial scope of the organizations or associations referred to in this article, in the development of the competencies that they own, is extended to the whole of the national territory.
2 functions: to) organizations or associations concessionaires of herd-books of pure-bred horses have, under the coordination and supervision of the competent administrative body which has granted the administrative concession, the public functions of an administrative nature referred to in article 3.2 of the present Royal Decree.
(b) once recognized, they will be required to supply the information referred to in article 5 of this provision, which seek farmers and breeders associated information relating to livestock and high and low States.
(c) the organizations or associations concessionaires of the stud books of equine breeds management perform functions of guardianship, control and monitoring them recognizing the legal system.
Acts performed by them in the exercise of public functions of an administrative nature, previously mentioned, are subject to appeal before the competent administrative body which has granted the administrative concession.
(d) in the field of the General Administration of the State, it shall have jurisdiction, to the expected impacts in the preceding paragraph, the Director-general of livestock, of the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food, whose acts exhausted administrative remedies.
3 causes of revocation of the administrative concession for the management of the stud books of equidae: a) are causes of revocation: 1 entry in the records of the genealogical book of equidae without compliance with the requirements provided for in the present Royal Decree.
2. refusal to practice the registration of equidae for unjustified reasons, relapse once the positive final decision of the registration.
3rd any gross negligence in duty to supply data and identification documents of the animals to the partners or breeders.
4th the irrefutable finding grant discriminatory treatment to breeders or owners of equidae, whether or not they are integrated in the Association.
5 any serious and repeated breach of the functions for which it was recognized.
(b) in proceedings handled by the General Administration of the State, the revocation of the grant will require the prior report of the race technical Inspector, duly reasoned, and the Commission of the genealogical books of equidae, after hearing of the affected organization.
4 technical inspector of the race-in the cases referred to in this additional provision, the competent administration for granting the administrative concession shall appoint the technical Inspector of the race for the realization of technical control and supervision of the stud books of equids of equine pure breeds, whose functions are the following: to) perform the technical control of the application of the rules laid down for each race both nationally and internationally, by checking the application of the same horses existing in other countries, for the purposes of inclusion in the Spanish Stud books.
(b) inspect the application of the criteria of the genealogical book, control of yields and the selection scheme, for correct or incorrect application of the relevant standards.
(c) propose actions on management of genealogical books which have to be reexamined, confirmed or arbitrated.
(d) Guide and propose the necessary actions to achieve an improvement of the breed.
(e) to propose the revocation of the administrative concession for the management of the stud books of equidae registered by non-compliance with the requirements and conditions that determined that.
f) the resources of appeal against disqualifications of animals such as skilled players, elite or entry in the register of merits.
(g) in the context of the General Administration of the State, the technical Inspector of race must be civil servant appointed by the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food.
Second additional provision. Conventions for the stud books of equidae for races of autonomous management.
The background of service exploitation of horse breeding can manage the stud books of equidae from the races of autonomous, in the way that the autonomous communities to determine and within the framework of the conventions which, in effect, agree to sign both administrations.
Third additional provision. Conventions for the inclusion of pure-bred in other countries.
The background of service exploitation of horse breeding and management of herd-books of pure-bred horses concessionaires institutions can sign agreements with the official services or, where appropriate, with organizations or associations of breeders of other countries for the inclusion of their animals in the appropriate stud book in Spain , provided that such organizations are legally recognized by their country of origin, at least, meet the requirements of article 16 and ensure compliance with the criteria laid down in this provision.
For the realization of these agreements will be mandatory to inform the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food and obtain an assent for its achievement.
Fourth additional provision. Organizations or associations of breeders of horses of pure-bred endangered special protection.
However as provided for in article 16 of the present Royal Decree, organizations or associations of breeders of purebred horses, recognized under the protection of the Royal Decree 997/1999, of 11 June, on promotion of Spanish native breeds in special endangered species protection, be construed as validly recognized to the purposes specified in the present Royal Decree.
Fifth additional provision. Public prices.
Annually, by order of the Minister of defence, on the proposal of the President of the Fund of exploitation service of horse breeding, the amounts of public prices that must be paid for all services provided shall be fixed. These amounts shall be based on actual costs involving actions.
Sixth additional provision. Operation of the general register of organizations and associations of breeders of thoroughbred horses.
The Constitution and functioning of the general register of organizations and associations of breeders of thoroughbred horses, provided for in article 18 of the present Royal Decree, does not imply public spending increase and it will be dealt with the personal media and materials of the Ministry of agriculture, fisheries and food.
First transitional provision. Transient criteria of purity.
In both orders that establish specific regulations of the equine breeds referred to in article 2 of this Royal Decree are not approved, they shall remain in force provisions that regulate the purity of the races mentioned criteria, following, where appropriate, the international criteria for breeds that are not considered indigenous.
Second transitional provision. Resources regime.
The proceedings initiated prior to the entry into force of this Royal Decree shall be governed by provisions of the regulations in force at the time of its initiation.
However, the dictated to under the previous regulations, no final rulings in administrative channels to the entry into force of this provision, may be brought against the administrative resources provided in the present Royal Decree, which shall be governed by the provisions of the same.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
Repealed the Royal Decree 1026 / 1993, of 25 June, on the selection and reproduction of cattle horses of pure breeds; the order 228/1978 of 26 December, the Ministry of defence, which approves the regulation of the Registro-matricula of horses and purebred mares; Order 70/1986, of 21 August, the Ministry of defence, which is created by the Registro-matricula to the Hispano-arabe horse race, as well as any other provisions of equal or lower rank that oppose or contradict the provisions of this Royal Decree.
First final provision. Enabling legislation.
It allows the Minister of agriculture, fisheries and food to develop the present Royal Decree and approve the specific regulations of the equine pure breeds.
Also he empowers the Minister of defence to develop this Royal Decree in relation to the performance of the autonomous body background of service exploitation of horse breeding.
Second final provision. Skill-related title.
The present Royal Decree constitutes basic legislation and dictates to the shelter of State on bases and coordination of the general planning of economic activity referred to in article 149.1.13. ª of the Constitution.
Third final provision. Entry into force.
This Royal Decree shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "official bulletin of the State".
Given in Madrid on October 31, 2002.
JUAN CARLOS R.
The Minister of agriculture, fisheries and food, MIGUEL ARIAS CANETE Annex: (see images, pages 38937-38938)