The National Statistics Institute considered training a basic pillar that transcends to the Organization itself. The development and promotion of studies on statistics is important to improve the use of the statistical information provided by the National Institute of statistics to other users at the same time benefiting from research that can be done through channels other than from its own resources in this area.
On the other hand, the experience gained in recent years, has shown representing the awarding of grants for the National Institute of statistics a source of excellent professional knowledge which, after passing the appropriate oppositions, they can ultimately integrated into the organisation.
Law 12/1989, of May 9, public statistics service, empowers the National Institute of statistics for research, development, improvement and application of statistical methodology, making it timely for this Institute convene annually, by means of public tender on a competitive basis, scholarships for postgraduates who wish to engage in the methods and techniques used in statistical research. To this end, recipients of the scholarships will participate in research and training activities to be established in the various programmes that the National Institute of statistics develops annually.
Therefore, this Ministry has considered convenient to prepare an order which set the General regulatory bases for granting scholarships in statistics, in accordance with the regime established in the law 38/2003, of 17 November, General grant and the regulations that develop it, approved by Royal Decree 887/2006, of 21 July.
By virtue of and in accordance with the provisions of article 17 of law 38/2003 of 17 November, General grants, following a report from the law of the State and the Executive intervention in the National Institute of statistics, available: article 1. Object.
The present order has by object set them bases regulatory of the concession, in regime of concurrency competitive, of scholarships of the Institute national of statistics (INE) for the training of postgraduate that wish to start is in them methods and technical used in the research statistics.
Article 2. Purpose of the scholarship.
The scholarships are aimed building and promotion of statistical research, as well as the development and implementation of statistical processes.
Article 3. Applicant requirements.
1 to obtain the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements: to) be a resident in Spain at the time of initiating the enjoyment of scholarship and have full capacity to act, as well as Spanish nationality or that of a member country of the European Union or the European economic area.
(b) be in possession of the title of licenciado, engineer or architect, or degree, which must have been obtained during the four years prior to the date of publication of the resolution of the scholarships. Diplomas must be official or recognized or confirmed. On the case be pending such recognition or validation at the time of requesting the scholarship shall be, where appropriate, conditioned the granting of it to obtain recognition or recognition.
(c) be current in the payment of their tax obligations and with the Social Security in the terms established in the current regulations.
(d) not to engage in the prohibitions of article 13.2 of law 38/2003 of 17 November, General subsidies.
2. the resolution of the scholarships, setting documents and information to interested parties, be submitted may accept its replacement by a responsible for the applicant's statement. In this case, prior to the motion for a resolution of the grant award shall require the submission of documents proving the reality of the data contained in the Declaration, in a period not exceeding 15 days.
Article 4. Procedure for granting scholarships.
1. the procedure that is set in the present order is the of concurrency competitive, intended in the article 22 of the law 38 / 2003, of 17 of December, General of grants.
2. the procedure for the award of them scholarships is start of trade, through call approved by resolution of the Presidency of the INE and posted in the newsletter official of the State, governed is to these effects by it established in the chapter II of the title I of the law 38 / 2003, of 17 of November, General of grants, and in accordance with them principles of the law 30 / 1992 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure. This resolution will set the duration of the scholarship and may establish its extension, conditional on budget availability, by six-month periods up to a maximum period of 24 months, prior motivated proposal of the guardian of the training action will be elevated to the Presidency of the INE for its resolution.
3. them requests of scholarships is formalized in the printed official that figure as annex in the resolution by which is perform the call and in the term, place and form that is determine in such resolution, anticipating is, in all case, the presentation telematics of it application and documentation complementary according to it planned in the law 11 / 2007, of 22 of June , of access electronic of the citizens to the services public.
Article 5. Competent bodies for the planning, instruction, and resolution of the procedure. Term in which the resolution shall be notified.
1 the procedure instruction corresponds to the General Secretariat of the INE, which will carry out all necessary actions for the determination, knowledge and verification of the data which has made the motion for a resolution.
2. the evaluation of applications will be done by a Commission which will have the following composition: the holder of the Presidency of the National Institute of statistics, the General Director of methodology, quality and information technology and communications, the Director General of planning, coordination and statistical dissemination, the Director of the Cabinet of the Presidency, and General Secretary, or people who delegate. The Secretary General also will act as Secretary of this Commission.
3. the organ instructor, in view of the record and of the report of the Commission, make the motion for a resolution, which, when properly motivated, will rise to the competent body to resolve the procedure.
4. the resolution, which will put an end to the administrative procedure, will dictate the President of INE, will be motivated and will be published in the Official Gazette, with expression of the call, the budgetary credit program, the identity of fellows and the amount of scholarships.
5. the term maximum for resolve and notify the resolution of the procedure will be of three months, to count from the day next to one in that end the term of presentation of them requests. The expiry of the maximum period foreseen, without having notified the resolution, legitimate stakeholders to understand rejected their request for aid.
Article 6. Assessment criteria.
Used the following criteria for the purpose of award of scholarships: to) languages: knowledge of English, French or German documents attested. Maximum 10 points.
(b) have attended the selective bodies of INE statistical processes. Maximum 10 points.
(c) experience in statistical activities. Maximum 10 points.
(d) training and research. Maximum 10 points.
(e) the qualifications related to the area of the statistical knowledge. Maximum 15 points.
(f) complete accredited computer skills. Maximum 15 points.
(g) personal interview about the suitability of the candidates. Maximum 30 points.
In the event of a tie in the score of applicants, will take into account the total score obtained in the academic record.
Article 7. Amount of the scholarship.
The full monthly amount of each scholarship will be in 2010 €898,43, and can settle in successive annual resolutions of scholarships, a margin equal to that laid down in the draft Bill of the State budget for the staff at the service of the public sector. He fertilizer is made in twelve monthly payments by the cited amount, in form proportional to the time effective of enjoy of it scholarship, to which is apply them discounts and retentions that come in accordance with them provisions force. In case of extension, is may increase the amount full monthly of each scholarship, depending on them availability budget, for match it to the amount established in the corresponding resolution annual of call of scholarships for that exercise.
The fellows will be beneficiaries of a safe's assistance medical and accidents to cargo of the Institute national of statistics.
Article 8. Obligations of the beneficiary.
The fellows assume the obligations established of mode general in the article 14 of the law 38 / 2003, of 17 of November, and, in particular, of:
(a) participate in the statistical programmes which establish the National Institute of statistics, attending meetings and activities to be determined. Within a maximum period of three months from the completion of the scholarship, they must submit a report on the knowledge acquired and the statistical programs in which they have participated. This memory must be presented to the guardian of the scholarship.
(b) the beneficiary will be obliged to provide the information request you by the Court of Auditors, the General intervention of the administration of the State or the National Institute of statistics to verify compliance with the conditions or requirements laid down for the granting of scholarships.
(c) the default by the beneficiary of the requirements and obligations on the occasion of the award of grants, in accordance with article 37 of law 38/203, on November 17, General grant, shall entail, without prejudice to other responsibilities that could be incurred, the obligation of repayment of amounts wrongly received.
Article 9. Conditions and incompatibilities.
1. the enjoyment of the scholarships referred to in this order shall be concurrent obtain any subsidies or AIDS granted by agencies, public or private, Spanish or foreign, with the same educational purpose.
In the event that the beneficiary was found enjoying another aid previously granted, you must submit supporting documentation stating his resignation to that at the beginning of the period of enjoyment of the aid subject to this order.
2. in any case, the granting and enjoyment of the scholarships will involve labour or statutory any relationship of the fellow with the Agency.
3. the application of them scholarships and its later acceptance, in case of award, imply the acceptance of it willing in these bases and in the corresponding call.
Article 10. Measures to ensure the fruition of the scholarships.
1. modification of the resolution of the grant. Any alteration of the conditions taken into account for the granting of the subsidy and, in any case, concurrent obtaining other scholarships in the field of statistics, by other administrations or agencies, public or private, national or international, shall entail, without prejudice to other responsibilities that could be incurred, the obligation of reinstatement of perceived quantities.
2. reimbursement of the amount of the scholarship. The repayment of the sums received by way of grant, and the requirement of the interest on arrears, from the moment of the payment of the grant to date you remember the origin of the reinstatement, in the cases envisaged in article 37.1 of the law 38/2003 of 17 November, General grant, and in accordance with the procedure laid down in articles 41 to 43 of the Act will.
3. incorporation of alternates. Organ instructor will raise, with the motion for a resolution of the Fellowship, a complementary list of alternates, in order of priority, for the case of occurring resignations or revocations, in the first six months of training.
Article 11. Liability and penalties.
Beneficiaries of grants regulated by this order will be subject to the responsibilities and the penalties which, on administrative offences in terms of subsidies, they laid down in articles 52 to 69 of law 38/2003, 17 November, General of grants.
Sole additional provision. Applicable regulations.
The award of these fellowships is governed, in addition to as provided in this order, as contemplated in the law 38/2003, of 17 November, General grants, and its regulation approved by Royal Decree 887/2006, of 21 July.
Sole repeal provision. Repeal legislation.
This order repeals the order ECO/2594/2003, of July 24, to approve the regulatory bases for granting by the National Institute of statistics of scholarships in statistics, as well as how many provisions of equal or lower rank to oppose provisions of the order itself.
Available end first. Schools of development.
Is empowers to the Presidency of the INE to dictate few resolutions considers necessary for the application of the present order.
Available to finish second. Entry in force.
The present order will enter in force the day following to the of your publication in the Bulletin official of the State.
Madrid, January 25, 2010.-the second Vice President of the Government and Minister of economy and finance, Elena Salgado Mendez.