The organic law 2/2006, of 3 may, education, points out in his article 2.1 that the Spanish educational system will focus, among others, to the achievement of the acquisition of intellectual habits and techniques of work, scientific, technical, humanistic, historical and artistic, as well as the development of healthy habits, physical exercise and sport.
Rating the hygiene and health, also constitutes one of the major goals of primary education, as apply article 17 of the above-mentioned organic law 2/2006, of 21 may, strengthening such bodily care and health habits and incorporating the practice of sport and physical education to promote personal and social development along the compulsory secondary education.
Similarly, the organic law 8/2013, 9 of December, for the improvement of the quality of education, points on their fourth additional provision that the educational administrations shall take measures so that physical activity and a balanced diet are part of children's behavior.
For this purpose, these administrations shall promote the daily practice of sports and physical exercise by students during the school day, in the terms and conditions which, following the recommendations of the competent bodies, ensure a proper development to promote active, healthy and independent lives. The design, coordination and monitoring of the measures adopted for this purpose in the school, will be borne by teachers with qualifications or expertise in these areas.
Furthermore, paragraph 3 of article 43 of the Constitution Spanish League education and health to urge Governments to promote health education, physical education and sport, also facilitating the proper use of leisure time.
Insufficient physical activity and not healthy or unhealthy habits during childhood and youth are not only hazardous to health but have a low fitness and lower self-esteem, who at age school leads to lower academic achievement and finally educational abandoned early.
That is why, together with physical activity, healthy diet, hygiene and regular sleep and adequate rest are the foundations to reach adult life healthy and be able to enjoy a full life.
The link is essential, therefore, that links education with the necessary health care and the fact of having habits conducive to a healthy life. Health provided, along with education, the best opportunities to make adequate levels of well-being in a society.
For the purpose of promoting the habits that lead to the development of a healthy life in all its aspects, the Ministry of education, culture and sport comes by this order the creation of a quality label called 'Healthy life', in order to publicly acknowledge to those centres teaching, both public and private, that they promote the learning of health in the field of education as well as the assumption of practices of healthy living and physical education which allows adequate personal and social development throughout the schooling of students.
In the elaboration of the present order it has obtained the report from the Ministry of health, social services and equality, as well as the Ministry of agriculture, food and environment and the project has been subjected to a process of public information.
By virtue, with the prior approval of the Minister of finance and public administration, have: article 1. Object.
This order aims to create and regulate the quality distinction "Hallmark life healthy», for the recognition of schools, both public and private held with public and private funds that foster the learning of health in the field of education, as well as the assumption of healthy lifestyle practices and physical education that allow the adequate development of personal and social over the schooling of students.
Article 2. Requirements.
1. the distinctive quality "Hallmark healthy life" may be granted to any school, both public and private held with public and private funds that assume a firm and unequivocal commitment to the development and improvement of the quality of education and health, meaning that they contribute to the improvement of education in healthy habits educational institutions that pursue the fulfillment of any of the following purposes (: a) foster the role of education in healthy habits as an integral part of comprehensive education, designing, for this purpose, a programme of education on healthy habits that understand programming and establishment of educational objectives and evaluation tools.
(b) promote styles and habits of life, from the specific needs of the pupils in the school, and especially in the areas of healthy food and nutrition and sport looking at gender and equity to avoid inequalities in health.
(c) strengthen and improve healthy behaviors of students, with special emphasis on hygiene and prevention.
(d) strengthen the bodily care and health habits and incorporate the practice of sport and physical education to promote personal and social development of students.
e) students encourage the acquisition of skills and competences that enable them to take care your body both physical and mental, as well as rating and having a critical performance at the information level advertising and social attitudes that may adversely affect their physical, social and psychological development.
(f) meet and detect health risk situations, especially related to the consumption of substances with addictive potential, both legal as illegal trade, as well as the implementation of certain activities that can generate addictive behaviors, with special attention to anorexia and bulimia, contrasting their harmful effects and proposing preventive and control measures.
(g) to promote understanding and appreciation of the importance of preserving the environment by the impact that it has on the health of the people.
(h) to promote the responsibility of the students in the daily decisions of the same, and the knowledge of the consequences that they have on their health and the environment that surrounds them.
(i) promote adequate knowledge of health and sexual and reproductive health.
(j) promote the implementation in value of research, development and innovation in medical advances and the impact of the quality of life of the people.
(k) to promote the continuous training of teaching staff which provides its services in the Centre, in the area of education on healthy habits and especially healthy and practical power of physical activity.
Article 3. Applications.
1. Requests for the granting of the distinctive must occur in the registry of the Ministry of education, culture and Sport (c / Los Madrazo, 15-17, 28014 Madrid), or by any of the means set out in article 38.4 of law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure. Also this procedure can be done electronically, in accordance with law 11/2007, of 22 June, electronic access of citizens to public services.
2. the Ministry of education, culture and sport will offer electronic based a standardized application form.
3. Requests must be accompanied by the favourable report from the Ministry of education of the corresponding autonomous community in which the Center is located or the provincial addresses of the Ministry of education, culture and sport in its scope of management and, where appropriate, a technical report that describes the compliance with the requirements provided for in this order.
4. Requests may be accompanied by additional documentation deemed relevant by the teaching centre.
Article 4. Instruction and assessment.
1. the statement of the procedure will be held by the General Directorate of evaluation and Territorial cooperation of the Ministry of education, culture and sport.
2. in the Ministry of education, culture and Sport shall constitute an assessment Committee for the award of the distinctive "Healthy life hallmark" composed of the Director-General of evaluation and Territorial cooperation, which it will preside over the Deputy Director General of Territorial cooperation, which will be the Vice President, and three officials belonging to the Directorate-General of evaluation and Territorial cooperation of level 26 or higher one of whom shall serve as secretariat of the Commission. Also, the President may convene meetings of the Commission, with voice but without vote, those who by their qualities, knowledge, or experience it deems appropriate to the best advice of the Evaluation Commission.
3. the Evaluation Committee will assess applications according to the provisions of articles 2 and 3 of this order, and raise motion for a resolution to the Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities.
4. the Commission evaluator may request other Government reports as he deems appropriate for the better development of its function.
5. the Evaluation Committee shall be governed in its operation by the provisions of chapter II of title II of law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure.
6. the performance of the Evaluation Commission will be attended with the personal, technical and budgetary means of the Directorate-General of evaluation and Territorial cooperation.
Article 5. Resolution.
1. in the light of the proposal of the assessment Committee, the Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities will proceed to decision on requests for granting of the distinctive "Hallmark healthy life".
2. the deadline for resolving and reporting applications will be six months from the date on which the application became entry in the register of the Ministry of education, culture and sport. After this period, if not the shoulders of express resolution, request shall be estimated.
3. against decisions of the Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities you may be brought with optional character appeal, within a month, in accordance with articles 116 and 117 of the law 30/1992, of 26 November, legal regime of public administrations and common administrative procedure. Should also be contentious-administrative appeal before the Board of the contentious-administrative of the High Court, as set out in article 11.1 of law 29/1998, of 13 July, regulating the contentious jurisdiction.
4. the granting of the hallmarks of quality "Hallmark healthy life" will be made public in the electronic office of the Ministry of education, culture and sport.
Article 6. Effects of the concession.
Beneficiary teaching center of the concession will be able: to) expose the distinction granted to the teaching centre in its headquarters and local.
(b) use the seal of the school documentation, as well as, where appropriate, in its advertising, and commercial relations according to compliance with the applicable legislation, in particular, in advertising.
Article 7. Validity and loss of "Hallmark healthy life".
1. the validity of the award of the distinctive "Hallmark healthy life" to a teaching centre will be extended indefinitely provided that these centres by compliance with the conditions and requirements that resulted in his award.
2. periodically, and at least every two years, revisions by the Ministry of education, culture and sport, may be carried out in order to check whether requirements which justified granting continue complying.
3. in any case, be the revision of the concession when exceptional circumstances giving rise to it such as the disappearance of the teaching centre or loss of validity or finality that was awarded the badge or any other who can motivate him occur. This review will be held by the same procedure that motivated its granting.
4. the Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities, prior report of the Evaluation Committee, which, in any case, seek the school claims it deems appropriate, and reasoned judgment to this effect, may cancel the right to the use of the distinctive "Hallmark life healthy" as a result of non-compliance with the above-mentioned exceptional circumstances or conditions which had its grant.
Article 8. Registration information.
The Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities maintain up-to-date and available full information on existing concessions of the distinctive "Hallmark healthy life" and will take appropriate measures for its registration, custody and diffusion.
First final provision. Skill-related title.
This standard is dictated under the protection as provided in article 149.1.30. ª of the Spanish Constitution.
Second final provision. Application of the order.
The Secretary of State for education, vocational training and universities are authorized to issue the necessary resolutions for the implementation and development of this order.
Third final provision. Entry into force.
This order shall enter into force the day following its publication in the "Official Gazette".
Madrid, November 19, 2015.-the Minister of education, culture and sport, Íñigo Méndez de Vigo and Montojo.