LAW ON EDUCATION AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
December 5, 1914 No. 33 CHAPTER ONE
managerial and administrative bodies Art. 1.
- The education and primary education and popular are functions of the State, and the Government of the Republic
shall do with public and free schools.
The compulsory education, sanctioned by this law, corresponds recognition
assistance to the poor children, exercised by the government and by citizens through Patronao
- The authorities responsible for primary operation of Education and popular are:
The Congress of higher studies;
The Deputation School;
The Board of Education;
The Supervisory Commission.
- The Congress of Higher Studies and the Deputation which is the executive body, have the supreme
surveillance of all public schools. Their functions are determined by special
Del Congress of Higher Studies is part of law a representative of Teachers
Elementary appointed each year.
- The Director of Education oversees the operation of the Primary School and popular; It promotes
acts regarding the educational, teaching and discipline; care education laws and regulations
; accompanying regular reference all the practices, applications, proposals that
concern teachers and schools; It provides the fulfillment of the obligation;
directs and inspects schools; convenes staff requiring ess king heard collegially
on the conduct of the programs, the teaching method, the choice of books; shall in the cases of urgency or
prevented the masters; supervises the maintenance of discipline and compliance
time teachers, the students, the attendants; he delivery of the buildings that can not, under its
responsibilities, be intended unless prior agreement with the superior Congress to use
foreign studies in school and civic functions, furnishings and teaching materials;
confer with the parents or guardians of pupils; It preserves the Rec and care school statistics;
reports to higher authorities on the measures that exceed the jurisdiction of; forward it to the end of the year
a detailed report on the educational and disciplinary procedure of the classes, the results obtained
, teachers on the work, on ENERAL and particular needs of the School.
- The Supervisory Commission consisting of 5 members, which is responsible for assisting the Director
in controlling the fulfillment of compulsory education, is appointed every three years by the General Council and
. CHAPTER TWO
Sorting and education object Art. 6.
- The Government of the Republic provides primary education and popular proportionally
the compulsory school population.
- The schools are of two categories: urban and rural. The first category includes schools
City, Borgo and Serravalle; the second school of smaller constituencies.
- Rural schools include three classes of primary level, reordered under Italian law
June 4, 1911; urban schools are c stituite to complete course: primary and
- a rule to every teacher urban school is assigned a single class, except the Corso
Popolare which is in charge of a single teacher, limiting the alternate schedule to three hours daily lesson
, time to V as in VI class.
Stay in right of the Government the combination of two classes under one teacher.
The arrangement of classes, assignment of personnel, the turnover shall be the responsibility
Management, with the approval of the Congress of Higher Studies.
- Except for the first-class urban and rural schools only, other classes, when mixed,
may also be entrusted to masters.
- When the contingent of attending a school or a separate class contemporary sections,
permanently exceed the number of 70, the government will give the splitting of
- In all districts of the Republic of the evening schools have established that for
office to continue and expand the education received by the children in the lower reaches and educate
In these schools follow the instructions and programs established by the Management and is complying with all
practices of school governance that are proper to the day schools.
- The teacher who will be in charge of the service in the evening schools, will be paid adequate
Pay, provided that the assiduous pupils were a sufficient number to justify
school operation, which took place the exams, which siansi achieved commendable results.
- The opening of boarding schools, schools and private institutions of instruction and education
is subject to the prior authorization of the Government of the Republic, and is granted on production of proof of the purposes for which
the instinct is intended, of morality and suitability of staff who is in charge.
The Government of the Republic exerts on private institutions of education and regular education
function of control and inspection by means of education and health offices. CHAPTER THREE
Programs - Time - Examinations
- The character of primary school and popular of the Republic is secular.
- The instruction takes place in accordance with the existing programs in the Kingdom. It is up to the Board of Education
compiling detailed programs, divided by class and two months, accompanied
with the instructions, and conformed to the character of the local life and customs, institutions and
history of the Republic.
- The hours of lessons, textbooks, the regulation of bimonthly and the final scrutiny, the various species
and exam sessions, materials and tests, like all other practices related to
educational functioning and discipline of the schools, are distributed according to the laws and regulations of the United
The Directorate of Schools after making a reference object to the Superior Congress
studies for regulatory approval, subject to changes that may be necessary in harmony with
local laws and contingencies, communicate them to teachers for the middle of the "Bulletin Teaching".
- The school year lasts ten months. This term includes the period of
enrollments and admissions and remedial examination, and that of the ballots and the final exams.
- The rural and urban schools are opened, respectively, in the third decade of September.
- The s'impartiscono lessons every day of the school term, except the following:
- Wednesdays and Sundays;
- The I st October April and I °, entrance of the Captains Regent;
- The Day of Commemoration of the dead;
- February 5, anniversary of the liberation of the Republic by Cardinal Alberoni;
- March 25, Anniversary dell'Arringo;
- The I ° Maggio, Universal Labor Day;
- Another 15 days the total allocation for the Christmas holidays, Carnival and Easter.
And 'it is forbidden any other holiday, and in the only case in which both holiday on Thursday will lecture on Wednesday. CHAPTER FOUR
school Obligation Art. 21.
- All boys and girls residing in the Republic who have completed the age of 6 years,
must be sent to public schools.
- The compulsory schooling is extended up to twelve years of age, and remains confined to the lower reaches elementary
in rural districts, extends to the upper classes in urban constituencies
- Parents or those who take their place, can inflict upon children the necessary education
by private schools with the teaching or family.
Private education is evidence before the Directorate of Public Schools glue presentation of
school records and paternal statement justifying glue of teaching means.
The children educated privately or family must take the exam that acquits
compulsory schooling at the public school of the locality in which they reside at the end of the age prescribed by Article 22.
- For the young men that at the end of twelve years they had not obtained the fulfillment
certificate, the obligation continues education in night school.
To this appropriate to the School Management is completed for each of the constituency lists
illiterates aged 12 to 20 years of age.
Against defaults will apply the penalties laid down by the following articles.
- The supervision on the fulfillment of compulsory education is assigned to the Directorate and the
- By the end of July, the Civil Status Office will have to fill out and send to the Directorate
Scholastica separate list for the constituency of all children believed to have been forced
primary education, indicating the name of the parents or persons who have the obligation to procure them
- On August 1, the School Management is putting up for each precinct a list of the obligors
And publishes a poster reminding parents, legal guardians, to citizens who have in custody and under
their addiction or how to employ it in the age of children attend school, the obligation to them
it is imposed and the penalties that the law imposes on offenders.
- After the closure of the inscriptions, which should take 10 days from the beginning of the school year, teachers
transmit a copy of the direction register of inscriptions.
The inscriptions that were made later, the result dell'ammonizione and
application of the fine, will be notified to the Directorate by inseganti immediately.
- The Supervisory Commission, found inscribed logs and lists of required, invites
alerts with individual parents or guardians of children in default, to give the reasons for the failure
inscription within 5 days the notification.
Where the supporting evidence adduced for not inscription is deemed insufficient
not correspond to the case of procured education in a different way, for health reasons, for reasons of difficult road conditions
or other justified reasons, the Commission warn parents of children or
whoever they are to provide for the enclosing soon t peremptory rmine, after which will be declared
Those who have not responded to notices received, will be made individually by government research
sliders, which will have to ensure ttamente say the cause of the failure.
The Commission took note of the reference of the sliders if it considers unjustified failure
inscription will as in previous capovers.
- In order to achieve regular attendance at schools, teachers need to deliver
to parents and guardians of pupils negligent alerts ndividuali solicitors, suitably provided by
At the end of each month the teachers will ship immediately to the management the list of
children who were missing all or part of the lessons, coll'indicazione of the justifications presented and
stress they made the negligent .
- The Commission, after appropriate examination of the lists, if it considers that unjustified absences
reach the third of classes in the month, declare by law the
habitual lack and see to it that the parents will have and negligent guardians of children are warned and,
in the event of default, declared offenders, following the rules laid down for failure inscription
- The fine, imposed much for overlooking what the inscription for the Non-attendance, is cents.
50, but after that it has been applied twice to no avail, it can rise to L. L. 3 to 6
according to L.10 of the continued reluctance.
The fine may be applied in all its degrees in the course of a year can be repeated in the following
starting from the first grade.
- The sum collected for fines reverts to C ssa the Patronage School.
- The offender is always permissible to make the offering to the office of Presidency and Patronage
School. Otherwise the violation is reported to the office of the Conciliator.
- Offenders until inosservanz continues the obligation imposed on them by this Act,
lose their right to vote for the three years in cors, nor can be allowed in offices and public services
The Supervisory Commission will do due to the Office of Civil State complaint.
- of the meetings of the Commission will be prepared reg lar verbal
possibly be transmitted to higher authorities. CHAPTER FIVE
Art Teacher. 37. -
The teachers of the Elementary Schools of the Republic are taken into service by means
regular competition, conditions determined by the Organic Law on Employees.
The set forth in art. 2 of the law that allowed the Council to ensure the
office vacancies direct call, is not applicable to the appointment of the Elementary Teachers.
- For the remaining vacant seats in urban schools, the Government, upon advice of the Executive Board and the Congress
studies, can provide regular internal competition among teachers in current service
, provided they are presenting the required fitness title art. 40.
- When you can not get a regular place in the competition he entered the month of August, the
Republic Government, on the advice and recommendation of the Director, approved by the Congress of studies, can provide
The vacancy with a temporary appointment made for a period not exceeding one year;
After which they must be banned regular competition.
- The documents that competitors must exhibit accompanying the application are as follows:
a) the legal title of the authorization;
B) birth certificate;
C) medical certificate stating that the competitor is good health and free from
any physical imperfection that might diminish the prestige of a teacher and is such that
prevent the full performance of its duties ;
D) of morality certificate for the last three years;
E) criminal record;
F) all other documents that the competitor deems appropriate to present.
The documents referred to in subparagraphs c) d) e) should be of no earlier date to the last 6 months from the date of
- Documents can be submitted in originals or copies duly certified.
- The Government of the Republic shall remit to the Congress of the appointment of the Commission for Studies
The ranking that will be accomplished in accordance with the scale for the assessment of the securities in
competitions, Annex B. Reg. Italian legal status, April 6, 1913 # 552.
- The economic and legal position of teacher -: starting salary, six-year increases, pension
, appointment, probation, dismissal, stability, leave, expectations, availability, etc.
deposition. It is determined by the Organic Law for employees. CHAPTER SIX
Duty Teachers Art. 44.
- The teacher is obliged to observe the programs, schedules, instructions given by the Directorate
to which you should pay for all that relates to the performance of moral and disciplinary
- The teacher is obliged to reside in the place where he goes to school. Each allowed in contrast to that
provision it must be granted by Congress assent of School Management.
- The teacher can not miss school regularly without the permission of the Director.
In the event of illness or absence on official duty or public service shall immediately inform the Directorate
- E 'forbidden teachers to take private lessons to their students or to keep them at retirement.
- The teacher has the categorical requirement of being in class 10 minutes before the beginning of lezion
to monitor the pupils' entrance.
In mixed schools the exit of students and pupils must be fulfilled in different
time with the interval of 10 minutes.
- The teacher keeps in order the course materials, class notebooks, the prescribed registers, the
report cards, the museum and the school library where qu sti exist; notes the calendar and the time set
; diligently fill out the diary in accordance with the general and detailed programs and
of the instructions received by the Directorate; by pupils in their school behavior and hygienic and
purpose urges families; It promotes the frequency and ensures compliance with the law in order
to children habitually missing or leaving school.
- Special care must be given by the teacher to the integrative institutions of the school and in the first place
libraries which are imposed by Ptronato School.
- E 'teacher's duty to promote the increased development of physical education and hygiene and
to monitor the state of health of his pupils.
- If a pupil experiencing symptoms of an infectious and contagious disease, the teacher
refer the student to the parents, and shall report immediately to the Director for appropriate action.
For emergency rooms will be established within each school a small pharmacy school.
- No less than once a month the teacher will perform in the days of school a walk
instructive or a swimming lesson, and favorable season a gymnastics walk, combined in
days off between classes in nearby villages to complement physical education and purpose of
Of every walk will give prior notification to the Directorate.
- In any rural school supply of land, the teacher should treat the little field for agricultural
- The teacher in the school readmit, after giustif cation, pupils who were absent;
if the absence is prolonged it requires to family reasons.
- The master when requested or when it is deemed desirable, and in any case at the end of the month or
of two months, with the report card, informs intor relatives or behaviors and to the study of the pupils, and there
Warns of absences.
Warns well as relatives whether the warnings and pupil dates punishments are successful and unsuccessful
when, after that, it finds no improvement report to the Director.
- In the last days of school the teacher assigns to the students some work written for the holidays
autumn, relevant exercises to the things taught in the year and reading some books from the school library
- Within a period of 10 days from the closure of schools, each teacher shall submit to the Director registers
well ordered and signed and is on the form that will be presented by the Directorate a brief report on teaching
on pupils' attendance, their diligence and on the profit achieved,
and the needs of the School.
- Against the teachers blamed habitual neglect, transgression of the work imposed on them or
made waves is severely compromised their reputation or their morality,
it may be imposed, depending on the seriousness of cases:
1) the admonition - pronounced by the Director;
2) censorship and
3) the fine, applied dall'Ecc.ma Regency;
4) the deliberate suspension by the State Congress;
5) dismissal and
6) impeachment, inflicted by the Board and General.
The disciplinary procedures are standardized by the Organic Law on employees. CHAPTER SEVEN
Art Students. 60.
- No child may be enrolled at primary school if one has not accomplished or not accomplished,
by December of this year, 6 years of age.
No student who has crossed 12 years can stay in the lower reaches, nor can
attend the upper reaches those beyond 15 years except for justifiable reasons have delayed
, beyond the legal limits, l ' early elementary course.
- To enroll in one class requires the faith of birth and certificate of vaccination suffered with
For registration to all other classes, the student pr intervener from public school must submit
promotion of the previous class document.
- The student coming from private or paternal school must pass the entrance examination to that
class whose application to enter by submitting the documents mentioned in the previous article (paragraph
- Registrations and admissions take place only the beginning of the school year, except for
children who present themselves at the school as a result of the fine imposed to
dell'ammonizione or their parents or About for them.
- The student coming from the United elementary school is permitted in the Republic schools,
as long resident in San Marino.
- For the enrollment and attendance at public schools are not allowed to rule changes
headquarters not determined by change of residence.
However the Board of Education has reserved the right, for justified reasons, the
exceptionally grant the student a circoscizione permission to enrollment and attendance
to school elsewhere, the coll'assenso their teachers.
- Towards pupils who lack their duties and persist in the holidays you can use the following disciplinary means
1) a reprimand;
2) reprimand noted in the register with the communication g suppliers that must be returned stamped;
3) reprimand with warning parents to show up at school. In case of no show
the student will be sent home;
4) suspension of school for one to five days of lessons;
5) Exclusion from school for the current year.
And 'all forms of punishment other than those indicated in this article.
- The teacher can inflict, in proportion gr activity of faults, the penalties referred to in items 1 -
2-3 of the previous article.
The one-day suspension imposed by the master. For suspension from 2 to 5 days it is necessary,
the approval of Director of Education.
The exclusion penalty may be imposed that the students who have completed the required course
. It is decided by the Congress of the studies with a reasoned decision on a proposal from the Director
Of the pains of suspension and exclusion of the Director gives notice in writing to the families.
- Where acts of permanent pupil indiscipline and immorality are such as to leave the
doubt that may arise from mental abnormalities, may be brought, upon advice
medical officer, the 'definitive expulsion from school.