On Ratification Of The Agreement Between The Government Of The Russian Federation And The Joint Institute Of Nuclear Research Of The Seat And The Conditions For The Activities Of The Joint Institute For Nuclear Research In The Russian Federation
Original Language Title: О ратификации Соглашения между Правительством Российской Федерации и Объединенным институтом ядерных исследований о местопребывании и об условиях деятельности объединенного института ядерных исследований в Российской Федерации
Read the untranslated law here: http://pravo.gov.ru/proxy/ips/?doc_itself=&infostr=x&backlink=1&fulltext=1&nd=102063862
RUSSIAN FEDERATION FEDERAL LAW on ratification of agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Joint Institute of nuclear research of the seat and the conditions for the activities of the Joint Institute for nuclear research in the Russian Federation adopted by the State Duma of the year December 3, 1999 approved by the Federation Council December 22, 1999 Article 1 year ratify the agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Joint Institute of nuclear research of the seat and the conditions for the activities of the Joint Institute for nuclear research in the Russian Federation signed in the town of Dubna October 23, 1995 onwards, with the following statement: "the Russian Federation proceeds from the understanding that, in the application of the agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Joint Institute of nuclear research of the seat and the conditions for the activities of the Joint Institute for nuclear research in the Russian Federation (hereinafter referred to as Agreement): 1) the privileges and immunities provided for in the agreement shall be provided to the Joint Institute for nuclear research (hereinafter the institution) in order to ensure the effective performance of the functions assigned to them by Member States in accordance with the agreement on the Organization of the Joint Institute for nuclear research from March 26, 1956 onwards and the Statute of the Institute. These privileges and immunities could not be used for purposes incompatible with the performance of the Institute these functions either not related to their implementation.
2) Russian Federation in compliance with article 31 of the agreement, suspend the operation of any of the benefits provided by the Institute, in accordance with articles 16 and 17 of the agreement, in cases where, in its view, there was serious reason to believe that this privilege is abused by the Institute or entities referred to in paragraph 2 of article 16 of the agreement. The Russian Federation reserves the right to seek from competent bodies Institute the removal of all of the circumstances that led to such abuses and prosecuting officials of the Institute, their perpetrators.
3) in view of the fact that, in accordance with paragraph 2 of article 11 of the agreement referred to in this paragraph legal persons will not be eligible for membership in the Institute and regarded as its departments and that, in accordance with paragraph 3 of article 15 of the agreement, the Institute does not possess immunity from every form of legal process in all cases when the institution, on its own initiative, shall take in civil legal relations on the territory of the Russian Federation , this immunity does not apply to legal persons specified in paragraph 2 of article 11 of the agreement, as well as on their property.
The above-mentioned legal persons fully subject to the legislation of the Russian Federation on taxes and fees.
Legal persons referred to in paragraph 2 of article 11 of the agreement are not covered by article 17 of the agreement.
4) immunity from judicial and administrative liability, as provided for in subparagraph "a" paragraph 1 of article 21 of the agreement, applies only to those actions by officials of the Institute that they were committed to the specified as during the performance of their duties.
Official Institute will not enjoy immunity in the territory of the Russian Federation provided under subparagraph "a" of paragraph 1 of article 21 of the agreement, in the following cases: (a)) he sued for damages by a third party in connection with the incident, called in the Russian Federation a vehicle belonging to him or then;
b) he brought a civil action by a third party for death or personal injury caused by its action in the Russian Federation or negligence;
in) it detained by the competent authorities of the Russian Federation at the time of that Act which, in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation is characterized as a criminal offence.
5) level of protection of the labour rights of citizens of the Russian Federation, entering into an employment relationship with the Institute and engaged in labor activity in the territory of the Russian Federation may not be lower than the amount specified by the legislation of the Russian Federation on labour. In this context, the notion of "rules", used in paragraph 1 of article 6 of the agreement, the Russian Federation would be interpreted as not relating to the rules, lowering the level of protection of the labour rights of the employees of the Institute from among the citizens of the Russian Federation in comparison with the level established by the legislation of the Russian Federation on labour.
6) in the Area of the Institute includes land referred to in section 1 of the annex to the Protocol of June 23, 1998 onwards, which is an integral part of the Agreement, with the exceptions stipulated by the paragraph 2 of the said Protocol.
Article 2 this federal law shall enter into force on the day of its official publication.
The Acting President of the Russian Federation v. Putin Kremlin, Moscow January 2, 2000 N 39-FZ
Search Translated Laws of Russia