Law No. 533 of 11 December 2003 concerning the approval of the Government Emergency Ordinance nr. 71/2003 modification of article. 40 of law No. 41/1994 on organisation and functioning of the Romanian radio and Television ISSUING Romanian PARLIAMENT Published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 895 of 15 December 2003 the Parliament of Romania adopts this law.
Article I is approved for Government Emergency Ordinance nr. 71 of 22 august 2003 on the amendment of art. 40 of law No. 41/1994 on organisation and functioning of the Romanian radio and television Romanian society, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 606 of 26 august 2003, with the following change:-in article I, article 40 shall read as follows: Art. 40. — (1) the revenue of the Romanian society of radio broadcasting and television come from the Romanian society, as appropriate, of: (a)) sums the realisation of the objects;
b) fees for public service broadcasting, and for public television service;
(c)) for unpaid penalties for late-term fees due;
d) sums in advertising;
e) sums from fines and civil damages;
f) donations and sponsorships;
g) other income according to the law.
(2) natural persons domiciled in Romania are obliged to pay a fee for public service broadcasting and a fee for public service television, as the beneficiaries of these services, except for those who declare on oath that he did not possess, namely radio receivers, and of those who, under the law is exempt from payment of such taxes.
(3) legal entities residing in Romania, including subsidiaries, branches, agencies and representative offices, as well as from Romania and representative offices of foreign legal entities, are required to pay a fee for public service broadcasting and a fee for public service television, as the beneficiaries of these services.
(4) the amount of the fees referred to in paragraph 1. (1) (a). b), categories of payers, the method of collection and exemption from paying them, late penalties, and the penalties applicable in case of wrongly filling in of declaration for exemption from payment of taxes by the owners of radio receivers, respectively, which, according to the law, you are liable to pay tax for the public broadcasting service and the fee for public service television shall be established by decision of the Government.
(5) the procedure for carrying out checks, penalties and offences, penalties for delay in case of theft of the fees referred to in paragraph 1. (1) (a). b) by holders of radio receivers, respectively, shall be determined by decision of the Government.
(6) shall be exempt from the payment of monthly for public radio and public television service for families and single people in receipt of social assistance monthly, according to the provisions of law No. 416/2001 concerning the guaranteed minimum income, as amended and supplemented, non-profit associations and foundations, foreign diplomatic missions and their members, individuals enrolled in networks of amplification, nursing homes, institutions that have competence in the field of defence, public order and national security, the educational establishments of pre-school, primary and State University, children's homes and nurseries of State , retirees from the system of pensions for farmers, whose rights have been established under the legislation before the entry into force of law No. 19/2000 concerning public pension system and other social insurance rights, retirees of the Romanian radio and the Romanian television society, religious establishments belonging to the recognized religious denominations from Romania, as well as other categories provided for by special laws.
(7) other exemptions from the payment of monthly salaries for public radio and public television than those provided for by this law may be established by decision of the Government. "
Article II within 30 days of the entry into force of this law, the Government will set out how the monthly tax refund for public radio and public television by people who paid these taxes under the provisions of Ordinance No. 18/2003 modification of article. 40 of law No. 41/1994 on organisation and functioning of the Romanian radio and television Romanian society, and who declares on oath that he did not own radio receivers, television receivers, respectively-financial and accounting arrangements, netting the company distribution and supply of electricity, "Electric"-S.A. and Romanian Society of radio broadcasting, namely the Romanian television Society, as well as the penalties for cases of erroneous statements.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 21 October 2003, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
PRESIDENT of the CHAMBER of DEPUTIES VALER DANNER this law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 25 November 2003, in compliance with the provisions of art. 76 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania, republished.
SENATE PRESIDENT NICOLAE VACAROIU in Bucharest, December 11, 2003.