LAW no. 15 of 9 January 2003 (republished ** **) (* updated *)
on support for young people to build a private housing **)
(applicable from the date of 1 January 2016 *)
*) Republished under art. 248 of Law no. 187/2012 for the implementation of Law no. 286/2009 on the Criminal Code, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 757 of 12 November 2012, as amended, giving the texts a new numbering.
Law. 15/2003 has been republished in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 44 of 18 January 2008, and subsequently amended by:
- Law no. 237/2010 amending Law no. 15/2003 on support for young people to build a private housing, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 831 of 13 December 2010;
- Law no. 342/2013 for the amendment of Art. 2 of Law no. 15/2003 on support for young people to build a private housing, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 809 of 19 December 2013.
(1) The law governing the award, upon request, to young people aged between 18 and 35 has a land area of land under private domain of administrative-territorial units, to build a private housing.
(2) Assigning land will be made for free use during the life of their residence, available in limited areas, by decision of the local council of the village, town, city or Bucharest district in which the land is located.
(3) Allocation of land is in the order of priority established based on criteria approved by the Local Council.
The land attributable young people to build a private housing, according to Art. 1 will be between 150 m² and 300 m² in municipalities and districts of Bucharest, between 250 m² and 400 m² and 250 m² in cities and 1,000 m² in communes and villages belonging to administrative-territorial units.
(1) The provisions of art. 1 benefits, once young people, the date of application referred to in art. 4 were aged up to 35 years and fulfill the following conditions:
A) the age of 18;
B) the filing date and the date of its resolve not have or do not own a house or a plot for the construction of private housing, both in the town calling for the use of land allocation, and in other places.
(2) Local councils may establish additional criteria to those provided in par. (1) in order to assign the available land.
(1) The request for allocation of land is submitted to the local council of the village, town, city or Bucharest district where the applicant resides.
(2) The application includes the applicant's full name and domicile, to which are attached a copy of the birth certificate, a copy of the identity card, a statement by the applicant on his own responsibility, stating that does not own or have owned property housing or land for building a house; a similar declaration is submitted and the date of processing the application.
Which the City Council award the requested land for the construction of private housing will rule on it in the decision, as provided by law.
(1) The beneficiary of land for the construction of private housing construction must start dwelling within one year of the award of the land and to achieve compliance with Law no. 50/1991 on authorizing the execution of construction works, republished, as amended and supplemented.
(2) If the conditions in para. (1) by the Local Council is the beneficiary withdraws the right to use the land allotted to them.
(3) regional town planning (PUZ) and detailed urban plans (DUP) on housing assemblies, lined or coupled type that occur on land identified under Art. 1 para. (2) shall be initiated and financed by local councils.
(1) Young people mentioned in art. 1 para. (1) who build private housing on the land awarded under this Law may benefit from housing loans under Law no. 114/1996, republished, as amended and supplemented.
Alin. (2) art. 7 was repealed by section. 9 of par. (1) art. 502 of Law no. 227 of September 8, 2015 published in the Official Gazette no. 688 of 10 September 2015.
After completing the construction of housing, the city council may, at the request of the landlord, direct sales to this land. The selling price is determined by technical expertise, drawn up by an expert appraiser authorized and approved by the local council.
Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration **) develop rules for the application of this law ***), within two months of its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I.
**) According to Art. 2 of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 96/2012 establishing measures to reorganize the central public administration and amending certain acts, approved with amendments by Law no. 71/2013, as amended and supplemented, shall be established Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration by reorganizing the Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism and by taking work in public administration, structures and institutions specialized in this field from the Ministry of Administration and Interior.
***) Methodological Norms for applying Law no. 15/2003 on support for young people to build a private housing have been approved by Government Decision no. 896/2003 published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 588 of 19 August 2003.
This law comes into force 6 months after its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I ****).
****) Law no. 15/2003 on support for young people to build a private housing was published in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 34 of 22 January 2003.