Law No. 206 of 20 April 2001 to approve the Emergency Ordinance of Government No. 71/1999 concerning the reorganisation of plant protection and phytosanitary quarantine PARLIAMENT ISSUING published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 212 of 26 April 2001, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
The sole article approving Government Emergency Ordinance nr. 71 of 24 May 1999 concerning the reorganisation of plant protection and phytosanitary quarantine, as published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 232 of 25 May 1999, with the following amendments: 1. Article 2 shall read as follows: Art. 2.-the Ministry of agriculture, Food and forests is the regulatory authority in the field of plant protection, plant protection and quarantine of plant protection products, which coordinates and controls the implementation of specific legal provisions on phytosanitary Direction. "
2. After article 2 shall be inserted in article 2 ^ 1 with the following content: "Art. 2 ^ 1. -Phytosanitary Direction has the following prerogatives: the activity of) plant protection and phytosanitary quarantine throughout the country, following a unitary concept, which ensures the health of plants cultivated, forests, pastures and natural and where training takes other forms of comprehensive vegetation and agricultural products in storage;
b) coordination, technical guidance and control activities within the plant and the approval and use of plant protection products;
c) determination of plant, unique and mandatory for all natural or legal persons holding of agricultural crops and other vegetation, as well as useful for those who store, carry and plant and plant products harness;
d) plant protection strategy development regarding defense of plant health, prevent the introduction and dissemination of the country's territory to quarantine organisms;
e) drafting regulations, decisions, orders and other regulations concerning the activity of plant protection and phytosanitary and quarantine regime for plant protection products, in order to improve and the improvement of national legislation and its harmonization with Community legislation, organization, equip and officials of the national plant protection services;
f) elaborating or updating, as appropriate, the establishment and operation of County plant protection directorates, respectively Bucharest, as well as other regulations concerning the activity of plant protection, quarantine phytosanitary and plant protection products;
g) monitoring of compliance and compliance with all the provisions laid down by law, technical standards in the field of plant health and plant protection products;
h) organizing and tracking to ensure technical and material endowment of plant protection directorates, respectively, of the District of Bucharest, Central Laboratory for Phytosanitary Quarantine and phytosanitary control points;
(I) Organization of an information system) for monitoring of plants and plant products export, import or transit Romania;
j) establishing requirements and develop, in accordance with the law and norms in force, technical criteria concerning the classification and providing specialized personnel for plant protection directorates, respectively, of the District of Bucharest, Central Laboratory for Phytosanitary Quarantine and phytosanitary inspection;
k) participation in the approval of plant protection products and to the elaboration of the Codex with plant protection products approved for use in Romania;
l) nationwide organization of plant protection police;
m) participation in competitions for obtaining professional degrees;
n) empowering economic agents for the importation of plant protection products in accordance with the law;
a base and make proposals) annual funding requirement for plant protection and phytosanitary quarantine, financed from the State budget;
p) represents Romania in international organisations O.E.P.P., F.A.O., O.M.S., I.U.P.A.C. and others. "
3. In article 4, letter e) is repealed.
4. In article 4, subparagraphs (f)) and m) will read as follows: "(f) to businesses for empowerment) stock and the provision of services with plant protection products in accordance with the law;
m) the import authorization for plant and plant products subjected to phytosanitary quarantine regime, plant passports plant health certificates and other documents prescribed by law; "
5. Article 9 shall read as follows: Art. 9.-within thirty (30) days from the date of entry into force of this emergency Ordinance the Government, upon the proposal of the Ministry of agriculture, Food and forestry and the Ministry of public administration and related heritage activities will be established under article 4. 5 para. (1), which will be given in the administration of public services of County plant protection, Bucharest. "
6. Article 10 shall read as follows: Art. 10.-the county councils and the General Council of Bucharest will determine rates for the activities referred to in article 1. 5 para. (1)."
7. Throughout the Emergency Ordinance of the Ministry of agriculture and food by MediaWiki, National Phytosanitary Agency and Minister of agriculture and food Ministry expressions are replaced by food agriculture and forestry, Directorate of the Ministry of agriculture phytosanitary, Food and forests and the Minister of agriculture, food and forestry.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 26 March 2001, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p., PRESIDENT of the CHAMBER of DEPUTIES MARTHA this law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 26 March 2001, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
SENATE PRESIDENT NICOLAE V — — — — — — — —