Law No. 123 of 2 April 2001 on aliens in Romania'S PARLIAMENT ISSUING published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 168 of 3 April 2001, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Chapter 1 General provisions Article 1 (1) for the purposes of this law through alien means a person without citizenship is Romanian.
(2) proof of foreign citizenship is made with your passport or other identity document issued by the State whose citizen is the stranger. In the case of a person without citizenship, proof of identity and quality of the stateless person is done with your passport or other document issued by the State in which it is domiciled.
Article 2 (1) Romania shall enjoy the protection of aliens overview of person and property, guaranteed by the Constitution and other laws, as well as rights provided for in international treaties to which Romania is a party.
(2) Aliens may not be organized in Romania for political parties or other organizations or similar groups, nor can be part of this, can not handle the public functions and titles, civil or military, and cannot initiate, arrange or attend meetings, street rallies times affecting public order or national security.
(3) Furthermore, foreigners cannot finance political parties, organizations, groups or meetings between the times events referred to in paragraph 1. (2) Article 3 during the Romania aliens are obliged to observe the laws of Romanian.
Chapter 2 Entry, stay and exit of aliens section 1 article 4 Entry of aliens Aliens may enter in Romania an official purpose, for business, for the press, for employment or for study, as a tourists in transit times in other interests, under the present law.
Article 5 (1) the entry of aliens to the territory of Romania can be done on the basis of valid documents for crossing the State border, which are recognized or accepted by the Romanian State, as well as visa, if not through international agreements it has been agreed otherwise.
(2) the Government may establish by decision the exemption of citizens of States one-sided from visa requirements.
(3) the entry of aliens on the territory of Romania can be done by any control point for crossing the State border opened to traffic.
(4) the Romanian State border by aliens can be done by other places, under the conditions laid down in bilateral agreements and arrangements between Romania and neighboring countries.
Article 6 (1), shall be granted Romanian Visa upon request by the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania.
(2) The control points of crossing of Romanian State visa may be granted by way of exception, through reciprocity during specified periods and under conditions laid down in the instructions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Interior.
(3) the Government may decide unilaterally closing down or the Romanian visa for citizens of some States in the checkpoints for crossing the State border.
(4) according to the purpose of the trip: visa may be diplomatic service, simple or transit.
(5) the visa is granted as follows: (a) diplomatic visa) and visa service by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania;
b) simple visa and transit visa: by the diplomatic missions or consular offices of Romania, the checkpoints for crossing the State border, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of internal affairs.
(6) the simple Visa is granted for business activities, for employment or for study purposes, visit times in other interests, under the present law.
(7) conditions for granting visas shall be determined by common instructions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior and the Ministry of public finance.
(8) Are exempted from a visa for citizens of States with which Romania has concluded agreements abolishing visa requirements.
Article 7 (1) persons who have citizenship of the several States fall under the visa regime for the citizens of the State which set issued hourly submitted upon entry into the country.
(2) Romanian citizenship and who will be treated within the territory of Romania in this quality, if you prove it with proper documents, even if they entered the country with passports issued by the authorities of other States.
Article 8 (1) the granting of a visa for employment work, studies, teaching activities, internships, activities in the field of religious affairs, humanitarian or other areas can only be made after the presentation of the opinion, in writing, where appropriate, of the Ministry of labour and social solidarity, the Ministry of education and research, Ministry of health and family times Culture Ministry and religious affairs ministries or other central institutions and local times.
(2) the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2. (1) apply properly and to foreign nationals exempted from the obligation to obtain a visa.
Article 9 (1) Visas entitle staying on the territory of Romania for the following periods: (a) the periods laid down in) bilateral agreements with other States or, in the case of diplomatic and service visas;
b) up to 30 days, with the possibility of an extension in the new country's periods of up to 6 months in the case of employment visas for work, business, teaching activities, internships, activities in the field of religious affairs or humanitarian activities by the press or for other activities which do not contravene the laws of the Romanian Greek Catholic Church;
c) up to 30 days, with the possibility of an extension in the new country's periods of up to one year in the case of simple visa for studies;
d) up to 60 days, with the possibility of an extension in the country for a further period of 60 days, in the case of straight travel visa, visit times in other personal interest;
e) within 3 days from the date of entry in Romania, in the case of transit visa.
(2) the spouse and minor children of a masked stranger, whose stay in Romania is extended under this law, may prolong the residence visa for the period corresponding to that parent's spouse, respectively. In the case of minor children of a residence visa extensions shall be made only on the basis of the agreement of both spouses, certified according to the law.
Article 10 (1) prolongation of validity of visas for diplomatic and service members of diplomatic missions and consular posts shall be made by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the conditions laid down in bilateral agreements or on the basis of reciprocity.
(2) the duration of the validity of the other categories of visas may be extended successively by the competent organs of the Ministry of the Interior, for the period corresponding to the reasons which justify the request, provided that foreigners must prove that it has the material means of subsistence in an amount set out in the detailed rules referred to in article 1. 54 paragraph 2. (2) Regulation (EC) extending the validity of the visa may not exceed the term of validity of the travel document.
(4) transit visa shall not be extended.
(5) on the basis of reciprocity visa may be granted for periods of more than one year. Diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Romanian visa can be granted that exceed the time limit of 30 days, under conditions of reciprocity.
(6) the reasons on which that prevent foreigners, independently of his will to abide by the time limit laid down in article 21. 9 para. (1) (a). (e)), he may be granted a visa simply for personal interest, valid until the causes that prevent him from French territory.
Article 11 Romanian Visa can be denied save in the following cases: a) took place, there are serious indications times carries that intends to carry on activities likely to endanger national safety, order, health or morals, of citizens rights and freedoms;
b) was expelled, returned, i was limited, it was discontinued or was raised right of residence in Romania was declared unfit;
c) proof not that means during maintenance in Romania;
d) has committed offences during the period other stays in Romania or violated customs rules or those relating to the State border;
e) intends to transit through the territory of Romania and not possess entry visas of the country of destination and of the other States whose territories may be in transit, where they are needed, or possess these visas, but there are strong hints that he intends to remain on the territory of Romania;
f) suffering from diseases that endanger public health;
g) introduced or tried to smuggle other foreigners in Romania;
h) breached the previously erroneously, stated purpose in obtaining the visa.
Article 12 entry into Romania can be refused save possessing entry visa when, from the granting of the visa before the air input, it was established that falls in one of the cases referred to in article 1. 11. Article 13 (1) be prohibited from bringing in Romania by the transportation companies to foreigners who did not possess valid documents for crossing the State border or who do not meet the conditions for visa.
(2) in the event of the provisions of paragraph 1. (1) transport company that is obligated to provide and to withstand transport aliens in case the place of embarkation or in another place which accepts it and where the stranger is accepted, as well as the accommodation and its maintenance.
(1) Aliens holders of passports, coming from one of the States with emigration trends, may be granted an entry in Romania under the present law, if they are employed by diplomatic missions or consular offices of Romania written invitation from a natural or legal person who has, where appropriate, place of residence, residence times based in Romania, as well as proof of medical insurance for the period of your stay.
(2) the invitation authenticated according to the law, registered with the competent organs of the Ministry of the Interior, shall contain an undertaking by the person who invites to bear the costs incurred by a masked stranger stay in Romania, as well as those required for its eventual return to their country of origin or of destination, as referred to in art. 21. (3) the invitation will be accompanied by proof of bank guarantees at the level set by the Ministry of public finance.
(4) the commitment of the person who invites it is not necessary if the person invited shall deposit abroad a banking guarantee available to the diplomatic mission or consular post of the applicant on the grant of the visa, which shall be used to cover expenses necessary for the return of aliens to their country of origin, or destination.
(5) In cases motivated by the methodological norms approved by decision of the Government, may be approved the granting of visas to foreigners in the categories referred to in paragraph 1. (1) under this law, without having to submit invitations and proof of lodging of bank guarantees.
(6) companies and companies of Romanian and foreign tourism, through which the aliens referred to in paragraph 1. (1) enter into the country for touristic purposes, are obliged to be bank guarantees in Romania, at the disposal of the competent territorial bodies of the Ministry of internal affairs abroad, at the disposal of the diplomatic missions or consular posts, for the purposes referred to in paragraph 1. (2) and (4), at the level set by the Ministry of public finance.
(7) For the refund of bank guarantees established under paragraph 1. (6) the opinion of the competent bodies of the territorial of the Interior Ministry, the diplomatic missions or consular posts.
Section 2 of the Aliens ' Stay in article 15 (1) Stay of aliens in the territory of the Romanian State is limited to the duration of validity of the visa to be granted, or the period referred to in the understanding of abolishing visas for Romania, concluded with the State whose nationality they have.
(2) in the event of termination the reason which led to the granting of a visa to the consular relations Directorate within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the competent body of the Ministry of the Interior, as the case may order the cancellation of a residence visa.
A. Temporary Stay in article 16 (1) In the case of a larger continuous stays of 15 days natural person or legal person who makes available a foreigner residence for hosting or land for installing mobile accommodation facilities is obliged to inform the police at the place of residence within three days.
(2) in the event of accommodation in hotels or other spaces fitted out for that purpose the stranger will fulfill the formalities of making evident the administration of the place in question, which it is incumbent that within 24 hours to provide for police body in residence.
(3) legal and natural persons may not accommodate aliens who do not possess travel documents and a valid visa and are obliged to immediately inform the local police body.
(4) the foreigner who enters in Romania to establish its residence to carry out some of the activities referred to in article 1. 9 para. (1) (a). b) is required to be present to the competent territorial organ of the Ministry of the Interior, within 15 days from the date of entry into the country in order to take its record of aircraft suitability and obtaining residence. The same obligation and save the entered the country under the conditions laid down in article 21. 9 para. (2) and (5) For minor children the obligation laid down in paragraph 1. (4) it is the responsibility of their parents.
Article 17 Foreigners come temporarily in Romania are obliged to leave the territory of the Romanian State during the term of the Visa's validity, or, where applicable, within the period of stay provided for in the agreement concluded on abolishing visas for Romania, with the State whose nationality they have.
Article 18 (1) prolongation of validity of the visa must be requested the organs referred to in article 1. 10 with at least 24 hours before its expiration.
(2) the extension of the period of validity of the visa may be refused for the reasons referred to in article 1. 11 lit. a)-d) and f)-(h)), and if the reasons cited do not correspond to the declared purposes of the trip and the category of visa.
Article 19 (1) the Ministry of the Interior may order the limitation or interruption of the right of residence to a masked stranger who took the hint, there are good times carries that intends to carry on activities likely to endanger national safety, public order, health or morals, of citizens rights and freedoms.
(2) in such cases Interior Ministry may declare the foreigner person indezirabila for Romania for a period.
(3) the Extent of the limitation or discontinuation of the right of residence of foreigners in the country can be put on the path of administrative courts.
Article 20 the stranger who has limited the right of residence is obliged to leave the territory of the Romanian State up to date, and the one to whom this right has ceased or has been declared unfit, not later than 48 hours from the date on which the measure was brought to the attention of.
Article 21 (1) the foreigner who does not comply with the provisions of art. 5 and art. 17-20 may be returned to their country of origin or departure times may be sent to the country of destination.
(2) the measure of return of the Interior Ministry, and its territorial bodies apply travel visa document output.
(3) pending the completion of the measure referred to in paragraph 1. (2) the foreigner who does not have a valid travel document and material resources can be accomodated in specially arranged places for this purpose by the Ministry of the Interior.
Article 22 (1) Against a masked stranger who has committed an offence may be ordered expulsion measure under the conditions provided for in the penal code and code of criminal procedure.
(2) the Court may order that the pending expulsion by the police, in accordance with the provisions of the code of criminal procedure, the foreigner to be accommodated under supervision in a place specially equipped for this purpose.
(3) expulsion Measure is not available and where it was arranged that cannot be enforced, if: a there are justified fears that) life or liberty is endangered by a masked stranger in the State in which they are to be expelled, or that it will be subjected to torture, inhuman or degrading treatments;
b) foreigners find themselves in one of the situations in which the law prohibits leaving the territory of the Romanian State.
(4) Prohibition of expulsion lasts until the demise of the grounds on which it was founded.
(5) the foreigner who was in one of the situations referred to in paragraph 1. (3) (a). (b)) may be expelled for national security reasons or public order only pursuant to a final court decision, according to the law.
(6) the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2. (4) apply properly and save the Kingdom to which the measure has been taken as referred to in art. 21. (1) b. Establishment of residence Article 23 Foreigners may establish domicile in Romania under the present law.
Article 24 (1) establishing domicile in Romania is approved by the Ministry of the Interior.
(2) applications for establishing domicile in Romania are submitted in foreign diplomatic missions or consular posts, while in the country, the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Interior.
(3) the conditions for approving the establishment of residence of aliens in Romania shall establish detailed rules drawn up in accordance with the provisions of art. 54 paragraph 2. 2. Article 25 (1) Foreigners who was approved to establish domicile in Romania is obliged to submit within five days of the notification of the approval of the competent territorial bodies of the Ministry of internal affairs in whose territorial RADIUS to reside, to issue the document as proof.
(2) to foreigners abroad period provided for in paragraph 1. (1) run from the date of entry into the country.
(3) If, within 6 months from the date of communication of the stranger shall draw up the approval not domiciled in Romania, it loses its validity.
(4) the foreigners residing in Romania can go out or entering the country without a visa, if upon himself at the Romanian State border, passport and identity card.
(5) at least 5 days prior to the expiry of the validity of the visa or the annual book stranger identity is required to be submitted to the competent territorial organ of the Ministry of the Interior whose RADIUS reside, for the purposes of the annual visa fold a new checkbook ID.
(6) where the foreigners residing in Romania require final departure from the country or was in one of the situations referred to in article 1. 19, shall apply for the passport visa de sortie.
Article 26 (1) for the reasons set out in art. 19 save with their domiciles in Romania may revoke the right of residence in the territory of the Romanian State.
(2) the measure is revoked the right of residence shall be ordered by the Ministry of the Interior, in accordance with the detailed rules laid down in article 21. 54 paragraph 2. (2) and (3) in such cases Interior Ministry may declare the foreigner person indezirabila for Romania for a period.
Article 27 (1) the foreigner to whom it has been revoked the right of residence is obliged to leave the territory of the Romanian State within 60 days of the date on which it was communicated to this extent.
(2) in the case of non-compliance with the obligation laid down in paragraph 1. (1) shall apply the provisions of art. 21. Section 3 of Article 28 aliens Exit (1) Aliens may come out of Romania through the checkpoints for crossing the State border or other legally established, on the basis of the border crossing documents.
(2) a person who has the citizenship of the several States is bound to submit to outside the country your Passport on the basis of who was allowed entry on the Romanian territory.
(3) shall be exempt from the provisions of paragraph 1. (2) persons who provide proof that they have documents and Romanian citizenship, even if they entered the country with a passport issued by the authorities of another State.
(4) In the event that your Passport at the entrance of Romania presented has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, the person concerned shall submit to the exit of the country a new passport or travel title issued by the diplomatic mission or consular post of the State which issued the passport used for entry into the country or, as the case may be, by another competent authority.
(5) the competent organ of the Ministry of the Interior may issue of foreigners are in one of the situations referred to in paragraph 1. (4), whose State has no diplomatic or consular representation in Romania, a journey for the return to their country of origin or in the country of departure.
Article 29 (1) Save not allowed leaving the country in the following situations: a) does not present legal documents out of the country;
b) is blamed or accused in a criminal cause and the magistrate has the imposition of the measure of prohibition of leaving the village for the purposes of the proper conduct of the criminal trial, regardless of the stage in which it lies;
c) has been convicted by definitive judgment remaining and has executed a penalty involving deprivation of liberty;
d) is pursued for claims payable due to individuals, legal persons or the State, and their enforcement is not guaranteed; in this case the measure to be taken at the request of the parties concerned, whether the payment claims was ordered by court order if there are remaining final or another enforcement.
(2) in the cases referred to in points. b) and (c)) to measure leaving the country shall be taken by the competent body of the Ministry of internal affairs only upon request by prosecuting organs, courts or bodies provided by law which have powers of enforcement of prison sentence.
Article 30 Foreigners located in one of the situations referred to in article 1. 29 can get out of the country if he proves to the competent body of the Ministry of the Interior, with documents issued by the competent authorities under the law as: a) has obtained legal documents out of the country;
b) neinceperea was willing criminal investigation, was pulled out from under criminal investigation or prosecution has ordered the termination, he was acquitted or ordered the cessation of the criminal process;
c) executed the penalty, was pardoned, receive amnesty or was convicted with conditional suspension of the execution of criminal sentences by court order remaining final;
d) executed the claim under article 9. 29 para. (1) (a). d). Article 31 of the land to save the Output in the situation referred to in article 1. 29 para. (1) (a). d) may be permitted where the debtor to furnish proof to the competent organ of the Ministry of the Interior, with documents issued by judicial organs times confirmed, that there was the possibility of enforcing the law.
Section 4 common provisions Article 32 (1) the laws relating to residence and domicile, as well as those relating to identity documents, established for Romanian citizens and foreigners shall apply, if this law does not provide otherwise.
(2) at the request of the competent authorities are obliged by law to foreigners is to legitimize and give a formal invitation to be present at the premises of these authorities.
Article 33 (1) the documents may be issued to aliens by the Romanian authorities are: a), passport for stateless persons, for stateless persons residing in Romania; Passport for stateless persons are issued with a validity of two years, extendable;
b) title, for stateless persons who have no domicile in Romania, as well as for foreigners who do not possess a national passport and, for objective reasons, are not able to obtain such a document from the diplomatic representation of their country; the title should be issued with travel valid for up to 30 days;
(c) temporary residence card), for foreigners whose residence in the country exceeds 120 days; validity of aircraft suitability for temporary stay is appropriate right of residence;
d) identity, booklet for foreigners residing in Romania; the identity card shall be issued with a validity of five years and shall be endorsed on a yearly basis.
(2) save the minor who has reached the age of 14 years shall be issued documents similar to those of the legal representative. The latter is obliged to ask the competent authority issuing the necessary documents by the minor.
(3) the documents referred to in paragraph 1. (1) and (2) shall be issued, as appropriate, in the land of the consular relations Directorate within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the competent territorial times central Interior Ministry, and abroad by the diplomatic missions and consular offices.
Article 34 extension of validity, or, where appropriate, issue a new identification is required at least 24 hours prior to expiration.
Article 35 alien minors aged up to 14 years of age shall be entered in the identity card of their legal representatives.
Article 36 the documents referred to in article 1. 33 para. (1) and (2) the bodies referred to in article 1. 33 para. (3) if the reasons which gave rise to their issue had ended.
Article 37 (1) the loss, destruction or damage to the documents referred to in article 1. 33, as well as the national document of State border crossing announced within a maximum of 48 hours in the country, to the competent organ of the Ministry of the Interior in whose territory he resides or the domicile of the holder or, where appropriate, the consular relations Directorate within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and abroad, with the diplomatic missions and consular offices. The theft of the same documents are immediately advertise the nearest police organ.
(2) the documents of the State border, issued by diplomatic missions or consular offices accredited in Romania instead of lost, destroyed, damaged or stolen, must be submitted, where appropriate, the consular relations Directorate within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the competent central bodies, territorial times of Ministry of Interior in order to implement appropriate visas.
Article 38 For considerations what are interested in defending national security, order, health or morals, of citizens rights and freedoms may be limited the movement of aliens or temporary domicile may establish their residence times in certain areas or localities, according to the law and detailed procedures referred to in article 1. 54 paragraph 2. (2) Chapter 3. Employment of aliens Article 39 Foreigners can be employed at businesses or institutions whose activities pose for the protection or safety of the importance of the national team, except in cases laid down by decision of the Government.
Article 40 (1) Aliens may make, under the conditions fixed by law, alone or in combination, economical, social activities, sports, cultural acts and can be employed by Romanian natural or legal persons, respecting the times foreign agreements concluded by Romania with other States concerning the labour market.
(2) Hiring is done on the basis of work permits issued by the Ministry of labour and social solidarity, in accordance with the rules laid down by decision of the Government.
Article 41 (1) Foreigners are in Romania cannot conduct contrary to the purpose for which they have been granted visas.
(2) it is prohibited to release employment work permits to foreigners who do not have appropriate visas.
(3) the work permit issued to non-compliance with the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2. (2) the contract of employment and in work, work times of services, concluded on the basis thereof, are null and void.
Chapter 4 Liability and sanctions Article 42 violations of the provisions of this law shall entail, as appropriate, disciplinary, material, administrative, civil or criminal individuals.
Article 43 (1) the organization by foreigners, on Romanian territory, a political party or other organisations, groupings of the times. 2 (2). (2), the accession of a stranger to them, as well as initiating, organizing and attending meetings or events that affect public order and national security constitutes infringement and is punishable with imprisonment from 3 months to 2 years or by a fine.
(2) the penalties provided for in paragraph 1. (1) there shall be imposed, and the deed to save the Fund a political party, an organization, or a group or meeting manifestatie, among those referred to in article 1. 2 (2). (2) and (3) moneys, goods of any kind or money received in violation of the provisions of article 7. 2 (2). (3) seize.
Article 44 Evading in bad faith to discharge the obligations imposed by the competent bodies of the foreigner to whom he took the measure of expulsion was ordered one of the measures prohibiting the right to remain in the country, a limitation of the right of movement or establishment of residence or temporary residence in certain areas or localities shall be punishable by imprisonment from 6 months to 5 years.
Article 45 hiring a stranger to a trader or in an institution whose activities pose for the protection or safety of the importance of the national team, in contravention of the provisions of governmental decision adopted under art. 40, constitutes infringement and is punishable by imprisonment from 6 months to 5 years.
Article 46 (1) fraudulent Entry into the territory of the country to save unwanted times stated that has been banned in any way the right of entry or residence in the country is punishable by imprisonment from 1 year to 5 years.
(2) If the Act referred to in paragraph 1. (1) was committed repeatedly, the punishment is imprisonment from 2 to 7 years.
Article 47 (1) shall constitute offences and sanctions the following facts, if they are not committed in such circumstances that, according to the criminal law, constitute offences: violation of articles 81 and 82). 391. (4) and (5), art. 25 para. (1), (2) and (5), art. 32 para. (2), art. 33 para. (2), art. 34 and of art. 37, with fine of 500,000 lei to 1,500,000 lei;
(b) failure to meet the requirements of article.) 391. (1) and (2), with fine from 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 lei lei;
(c) failure to comply with the provisions of article 1.) 17, art. 18 paragraph 1. (1), art. 21, art. 27(2). (1), art. 28 para. (2) and (4), art. 39 and of art. 41, with fine from 3,000,000 lei 9,000,000 lei;
d failure to comply with the provisions of article 1.) 13(2). (1) by a fine of 5,000,000 lei la to 20,000,000 lei.
(2) administrative Sanctions may be imposed and to legal persons.
Article 48 Finding contraventions and penalties are carried out by officers and subofiteri of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the conduct referred to in article 1. 39 and at art. 41 and the assessment of the Ministry of labour and social solidarity.
Article 49 of the amounts collected from fines imposed pursuant to article 5. 47 and 48 a share of 25% of the internal Ministry Returns or, where appropriate, the Ministry of labour and social solidarity, depending on whether the agent is discovered.
Article 50 the provisions of this Act relating to the determination and sanction contraventions shall be supplemented by those of law No. 32/68 on the establishment and sanctioning violations.
Chapter 5 final provisions Article 51 the funds necessary for the application of the provisions concerning limitation, interruption of revocation of right of residence times, the return or expulsion of aliens, those needed for maintenance and accommodation of aliens referred to in art. 29, the costs of medical care and hospitalization, as well as those for construction, fitting-out and maintenance of places of accommodation, feeding and providing for expenditure needs for personal use, for the entire period until their return to their country of origin in the country of departure or the country of destination, including costs for transportation, will be made available to the Ministry of internal affairs by the Romanian Government.
Article 52 this Act does not apply to asylum-seekers, refugees and victims of armed conflicts, whose status and conditions of employment are governed by special laws.
Article 53 (1) the duties of the Ministry of the Interior with respect to foreigners shall be exercised by the general direction of the person's functional market, the General Inspectorate of Border Police, General Inspectorate of police and territorial bodies subordinated to them, except where the law provides for another jurisdiction.
(2) the duties of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with respect to foreigners shall be exercised abroad by diplomatic missions and consular offices, and in the country, through the consular relations Directorate.
Article 54 (1) this law shall enter into force 30 days after its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, with the exception of art. 54 paragraph 2. (2) entering into force on the date of publication.
(2) pending the entry into force of this law the Government will issue detailed rules for its application.
Article 55 on the date of entry into force of the present law shall repeal the law. 25/1969 relating to aliens in the Socialist Republic of Romania, republished in the Official Gazette, part I, no. 57 of 18 May 1972, as amended, art. 9, art. 28 and head. III of Decree-Law No. 10/1990 concerning passports and travel abroad, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 6 of 10 January 1990, and any other provisions to the contrary.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate sitting in township on March 7, 2001, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) and of article 23. 76 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
PRESIDENT Of The CHAMBER Of DEPUTIES SENATE CHAIRMAN NICOLAE JARON DANIELS V — — — — — — — — — — —