Law No. 63 of 24 April 2000 approving Ordinance No. 52/1998 concerning national defence planning of Romania ISSUING PARLIAMENT Published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 185 of 28 April 2000, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 shall be subject to approval of the Government Ordinance No. 52 of 12 august 1998 concerning national defence planning of Romania issued pursuant to art. 1 point 15 (a). the Act No.) 148/1998 on empowering the Government to issue decrees and published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 302 of 18 august 1998, with the following amendments and supplements: 1. paragraph 3 of article 1 shall be repealed.
2. Article 3 shall read as follows: Art. 3.-Documents based on which national defence planning is carried out are: national security strategy of the Romanian governing programme, a white security and national defence of the Government, as well as strategies, directives, departmental plans and programmes developed by the ministries and institutions involved in defence, public order and national security. "
3. Article 4 shall read as follows: Art. 4.-national security strategy of Romania is the basic document that substantiates defence planning at the national level. The President of Romania, within a maximum period of 3 months after the investiture, presents national security strategy to the Parliament of Romania. The Romanian Parliament sitting in common, will debate the national security strategy of Romania and a decision will be adopted. "
4. Article 5 shall read as follows: Art. 5.-national security strategy of Romania include: defining your own interests and security objectives, the evaluation of the international security environment, identification of risk factors in the domestic and international levels, directions and the principal means for ensuring the national security of Romania. The strategy has a medium-term assessment for 4 years, and a long-term perspective encompassing estimating what resources will be allocated to Romania for the attainment of its security and defense. "
5. Article 6 shall read as follows: Art. 6.-In order to achieve the national security provisions of the strategy, the Government of Romania, on the basis of the Governing Programme, develops a white security and national defence, by establishing objectives and main tasks of the institutions engaged in the implementation of the national security and defence, measures and actions to be taken by them, natural resources, human, material, financial and otherwise to provide for the establishment and annual preparation of the national defence forces and security in accordance with the tasks delegated to them.
A white security and national defence of the Government aimed at the same period of validity as well as the national security strategy of Romania and is presented to the Parliament for approval not later than 3 months after the granting of the vote of confidence. "
6. paragraphs 1 and 2 of article 7 shall read as follows: "based on the strategy of national security of Romania, of Government and of the Charter of the security and defence White national Government ministries and other public institutions with competences in the field of defence, public order and national security shall develop strategies, programs, and departmental plans, designed to achieve their own objectives and security interests.
Departmental strategies are subject to approval by the Government within a maximum of 45 days from the date of approval by the Parliament of the Charter of the white national defense and security, ensuring complementarity and the integrity of the actions and activities contained in these documents. "
7. Article 8 shall read as follows: Art. 8.-the Ministry of national defence of Romania's military strategy elaborates. This document expresses the objectives and the basic choices of military policy of the Romanian State during the period of validity of the National Security Strategy.
The Interior Ministry and other institutions involved in defence develops its own strategies, whose names and content are determined by them in relation to their responsibilities within the National Defence System. "
8. Article 9 shall read as follows: Art. 9.-military strategy of Romania evaluate the consequences in the defence plan, the risks and threats to national security and defines the size, structure and mode of allocation of necessary resources to armed defence. Romania's military strategy: force structure, missions, organizing, equipping, training and readiness, logistical support and the needs of the military infrastructure required for the attainment of national security, as well as the conception of training and employment in the military actions of the Romanian armed forces. Romania's military strategy also provides for measures, militarily, necessary for the fulfilment of the commitments of cooperation, partnership and Alliance, Romania assumed internationally. "
9. Article 10 shall read as follows: Art. 10.-on the basis of the provisions of the Romanian military strategy and other departmental strategies approved by the Government of national defence Minister, Interior Minister and heads of other public institutions involved in the field of Defence issued directive or order of strategic planning. They contain the objectives, principles and fundamental political and military choices, based on which specialized structures of ministries and institutions plan and structure the ability component forces and allocating resources, formulate policies and sectoral programmes.
Directives or orders of the strategic planning refers to the same time period as the departmental strategies. "
10. Article 11 shall read as follows: Art. 11.-based directives or orders from strategic planning National Defence Ministry, Interior Ministry and other institutions involved in defence develops its own strategic plans and operational use and formation programs, modernization and readiness of forces. "
11. Article 12 shall read as follows: Art. 12. strategic and operational Plans-employment of forces include: categories of missions, in conditions of peace, crisis and war, the likely scenarios in which these missions are going to be met, the procedures for their enforcement action. The scenarios will be considered military action of the classic struggle, special operations, operations other than war, and humanitarian action, carried out in the framework of national, international or multinational groups of forces.
These documents shall be prepared, updated, and approved in accordance with the specific regulations of each Ministry or other public institution with powers in the field of defence. "
12. Paragraph 2 of article 13 shall read as follows: "the programmes shall be drawn up for a period of 4 years, with a long-term perspective, is approved by the legislature, shall be completed and shall be updated in relation to the execution stage."
13. Article 14 shall read as follows: Art. 14.-based programs, modernization and training of forces and of the funds allocated by the State budget for the Ministry of national defense, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and other institutions involved in drawing up defence plans on an annual basis on the modernization and force preparation components and reports on the progress of the completion of the modernisation programmes, and preparation of forces in the prior period.
Annual plans are approved by the Ministers and heads of public institutions with competences in the field of defence.
Reports on the State of completion of the modernisation programmes, and training of Government forces are presented.
Tracing the execution of programs on medium and long term, as well as annual plans fall within the responsibility of the planning bodies of the Ministry of national defense, Ministry of Interior and other public institutions with competences in the field of defence, and their execution, in charge of all commanders and heads of the ministries and institutions concerned. "
14. Article 15 shall read as follows: Art. 15. concrete Modalities relating to-the elaboration, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the fulfilment of the provisions of the directive or order of strategic planning, strategic plans and operational use of force modernization programs, and training of forces, as well as annual plans are regulated by the internal instructions, approved by the Minister of national defence, Minister of the Interior and the heads of public institutions with competences in the field of defence. "
15. Article 16 shall read as follows: Art. 16. failure to comply with the provisions of-breaching times this Ordinance by people involved in organizing and carrying out national defense planning, the objectives of the strategy of national security of Romania and of departmental strategies attract administrative liability, civil or criminal, as appropriate. "
16. After article 16 of chapter V is inserted with the following content: "chapter V transitional and final Provisions Art. 17.-the provisions of articles. 4 and 6 shall apply 3 months after the date of publication of the Ordinance for approving this law in the Official Gazette of Romania. "
Article 2 of the Government Ordinance No. 52/1998, with modifications and additions to this law, will be republished in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 13 March 2000, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT of the SENATE, DANIELS T this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting of 14 March 2000, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, MIRON TUDOR MITREA-------