Law No. 23 of 27 March 2000 approving Ordinance No. 8/1998 on the establishment of the special fund for the promotion and development of tourism published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 135 of 30 March 2000, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
The sole article approving Ordinance No. 8 of 27 January 1998 establishing the special fund for the promotion and development of tourism, issued pursuant to art. and (b). k) of law No. 221/1997 on empowering the Government to issue decrees and published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 40 of 30 January 1998, as amended, with the following amendments and supplements: 1. Article 2 shall read as follows: Art. 2.-special Fund for tourism promotion and development is financed, in whole or in part, the development programmes and activities and to promote products in Romania, namely the programs and activities of marketing and tourism promotion, representation and tourist information in the country and abroad, creation and development of tourist products, other development activities and tourism promotion activities for authorization and control in accordance with the national policy in the field of tourism. "
2. In article 3 (a)) insert a paragraph, which shall become paragraph 3, with the following content: "Is exempt from the payment of the contribution of 3% for tourism and businesses providing tourism services in agro-touristic pensions and from rural areas, where they are not liable to pay value added tax."
3. In article 3, subparagraph (c)) shall read as follows: "c) a share of the net profits of the National Institute of training and Management for tourism, established by the Ministry of tourism *) once with the approval of the budget of revenue and expenditure;" — — — — — — — — — * Note) the functions of the Ministry of Tourism have been taken over by the National Authority for tourism under the Government's Emergency Ordinance No. 56/1998, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 515 of 30 December 1998.
4. In article 5, paragraph 2 shall read as follows: "For non-payment of amounts due in term of economic entities shall apply the provisions of Ordinance No. 11/1996 concerning execution of claims approved and the budget, as amended by law No. 108/1996, as amended. In this sense, the special fund for the control of the establishment and development of tourism promotion is done by the Office for authorization and Control tourism and others, are required by law empowered the Minister of tourism *). ' — — — — — — — — — — — — * Note) President of the national authority for tourism, according to the governmental decision nr. 972/1998, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 527 of 31 December 1998.
5. In article 7, letters a) and b) will read as follows: ' a) 70% for marketing, promotion and approval and control activities in tourism;
b) 30% for the actions of creation and development of products.
6. In article 8, subparagraphs (e)) and i) will read as follows: "e) to cover 50% of the interest contracted for medium-term loans obtained from banks for investment in tourism projects. The granting of loans shall be made through banks, on the basis of the Convention.
I) other actions approved by the Government. "
7. Article 9 shall read as follows: Art. 9.-criteria based on which the amounts will be allocated special fund for the promotion and development of tourism, as well as programming methodology, reporting and calculation relating thereto shall be determined by guidelines developed by the Ministry of tourism and the Ministry of finance, approved by the Government within 30 days from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette of this Ordinance. "
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 28 February 2000, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT of the SENATE, DANIELS T this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 29 February 2000, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT CHAMBER of DEPUTIES, BOGDAN NICULESCU-DUVAZ-----