Law No. 210 of 31 December 1999 concerning paternity leave PARLIAMENT ISSUING published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 654 of 31 December 1999 the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) the leave shall be granted paternity leave under the conditions provided for in this law, in order to ensure the effective participation of the father in caring for the new-born.
(2) the father of the newborn child is entitled to a paternity leave of five working days, under the conditions laid down in this law.
Article 2 (1) where the holder of the right to paternity leave is ensured within the framework of the State social insurance system, he is entitled to a paternity leave paid leave of five working days.
(2) Paternity Leave shall be granted upon request in the first 8 weeks of the child's birth, justified with his birth certificate, which shows the quality of dad to petitioner.
(3) Allowance for paternity leave is paid from salary Fund of unity and is equal to the salary corresponding to that period.
Article 3 (1) the father who meet the mandatory military service shall have the right, at their own child's birth, a 7 calendar days ' leave, granted under the conditions laid down in article 21. 2 (2). (2) (2) High mentioned in paragraph 1. (1) shall be granted to the father who meet the mandatory military service, for the purpose of recognition of paternity, in accordance with the law. High in demand will be supported with the new birth certificate, indicating the quality of father militarului, the Declaration of recognition of paternity, drawn up in accordance with the law.
Article 4 (1) where the father of the newborn child has obtained the certificate of graduation rate puericultura, sick leave, paternity leave, granted under the terms of art. 2, shall be increased by ten working days.
(2) the father may take advantage of the provision contained in paragraph 1. (1) only once.
Article 5 (1) In case of death of the mother of the child during childbirth or refusal to leave, the father of the child benefits from the rest of the leave is not done by the mother.
(2) the period of leave granted under the terms of paragraph 1. (1) the father of the child shall receive an allowance equal to the aid for pregnancy and mother's refusal to properly or an allowance calculated based on salary and length of service in its work, given the unit where the father is working, your choice.
Article 6 within 30 days from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette of the present law, the Government will approve the decision detailed rules for implementing the proposal of the Ministry of health and the Ministry of labour and social security.
Article 7 the present law shall enter into force 45 days after its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate sitting in the commune of 15 December 1999, in compliance with the provisions of art. 76 para. (2) and 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, Andrew John CHILIMAN p. NICHOLAS, PRESIDENT of the SENATE ULM SADR — — — — — — — —