Law No. 192 of 10 December 1999 on the amendment and completion of the law on the citizenship of the Romanian No. 21/1991 Parliament adopts this law.
Published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 611 of 14 December 1999, Article 1 of the Romanian Citizenship Law No. 21/1991, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 44 of 6 March 1991, alter it and make as follows: in article 1, paragraphs 1 and 2 shall read as follows: Art. 1.-Romanian Citizenship is a bond and physical persons belonging to the Romanian State.
Romanian citizens are equal before the law; but they will be admitted in public civil and military functions. "
2. Article 4 shall read as follows: Art. 4.-Romanian Citizenship is acquired by birth: (a));
c) granting demand. "
3. Article 8 is repealed.
4. In article 9, paragraph 1, introductory part and points (a)), b) and (f)) shall read as follows: Art. 9.-Romanian Citizenship may be granted, on request, to the person without citizenship or foreign citizen, if it meets the following conditions: a) was born and residing at the time of application, or through the Romanian territory, although there was born on this land, he lives legally, continuously and steadfastly in the territory of the Romanian State for at least seven years or, where he is married to a Romanian citizen at least 5 years;
b) proven by his behaviour and loyalty to the State and the Romanian people;
f knows Romanian language) and possess basic knowledge culture and civilization, in so far as it is sufficient to integrate into social life; "
5. In article 9 (1), after the letter f) is inserted in point g) with the following contents: ") knows the Constitution."
6. In article 9, paragraph 2 shall read as follows: "the time limits specified in paragraph 2. and (b). a) can be reduced by up to half if the applicant is an internationally recognized personality. "
7. Article 11 shall read as follows: Art. 11.-Romanian Citizenship may be granted and the person who had that citizenship and calling her recovery with foreign citizenship and establishment of residence in the country or abroad with its maintenance, if adequately meets the conditions laid down in article 21. 9 lit. b), c) and (e)).
Parents who repatriaza and regaining of Romanian citizenship request and decide on the citizenship of their children. In a situation where the parents disagree, the juvenile court will decide, taking into account its interests. In the case of the child who has reached the age of 14, his consent is required.
Regaining citizenship by one of the spouses has no consequence on the citizenship of the other spouse. Foreign national husband or stateless person who is repatriaza and regain Romanian citizenship may require the acquisition of Romanian citizenship under this law. "
8. Article 12 shall read as follows: Art. 12.-to approve applications for Romanian citizenship is made by decision of the Government which considers, in this connection, the proposals of the Minister of Justice. Government decision shall be published in the Official Gazette of Romania. "
9. In article 20, paragraph 1 shall read as follows: Art. 20.-the person to whom it is granted Romanian citizenship, under art. 9 and 11, with the establishment of residence in the country, submit, within a period of 6 months, in the face of the Justice Minister or Secretary of State delegate specifically for this purpose, the leap of faith against Romania. "
10. In article 20, paragraph 3 shall read as follows: "any person who has obtained Romanian citizenship, under the conditions laid down in article 21. 11, with the maintenance of domicile abroad, will the oath of faith in front of the Chief of the diplomatic mission or consular office of the country in which they reside. "
11. In article 22, paragraph 1 shall read as follows: Art. 22.-the Romanian citizenship Proof is done with your identity card or, where applicable, with the identity card, passport or the certificate referred to in article 1. 21. 2. "12. Article 25, paragraph 1 shall be inserted after paragraph 2 with the following content: "Romanian Citizenship cannot be withdrawn has acquired it by birth."
13. In article 27, after the letter b) is inserted in point c) with the following content: "c) acquired or applied for and are satisfied that it will acquire another citizenship."
14. In article 28, paragraph 3 shall be inserted after paragraph 3 ^ 1 with the following content: "minor Child, entrusted by the court order that parent domiciled abroad and renounce Romanian citizenship, citizenship lose on the same date as the parent to whom it was entrusted and the dwelling, provided the consent of the other parent, the Romanian citizen."
15. In article 28, paragraph 4 shall read as follows: ' in the cases referred to in paragraph 1. 2, 3 and 3 ^ 1, the child who has reached the age of 14 years shall be required consent. "
16. In article 29, paragraph 1 shall read as follows: Art. 29.-Baby, Romanian citizen, adopted by a foreign citizen, Romanian citizenship, if they lose, at the request of the adopter or adopters, of their citizenship, acquires under the foreign law. The minor who has reached the age of 14 years shall be required consent. "
17. In article 29, paragraph 1 shall be inserted after paragraph 1 ^ 1 with the following content: "Date of loss under the terms of paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Romanian citizenship. 1 is the date of acquiring the citizenship of the minor child rearing. "
18. Article 31 shall read as follows: Art. 31.-the Romanian Government has decision withdrawal or, where appropriate, approval of the waiver, saying Romanian citizenship over the Justice Ministry proposal, made according to the procedure laid down in article 21. 14-19 "19. Article 35 shall be repealed.
20. In article 42, paragraph 2 shall read as follows: "Developing Applications for the resolution on the entry into force of this law shall be in accordance with its provisions. Conditions for acquisition of Romanian citizenship remain subject to the rules in force at the date of the application. "
Article 2 of the law throughout the Romanian citizenship no. 21, 1991, the terms: adoption, called infiator, as well as expressions of the State notary system of Bucharest and the identity card shall be replaced by: adoption, the adopter and the adopted, respectively, by the notary public and the bulletin or ID, if applicable.
Article 3 of the Romanian Citizenship Law No. 21/1991, with amendments and additions made by this Bill, will be republished in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, posing a new numbered items.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 8 November 1999, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT of the SENATE, DANIELS T this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting of 9 November 1999, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, Andrew John CHILIMAN — — — — — — — — — — — —