Law No. 158 of 20 October 1999 on the establishment and functioning of the National Council for the environment and sustainable development published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 513 of 22 October 1999, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Chapter 1 General provisions Article 1 (1) shall constitute the National Council for the environment and sustainable development, an autonomous public body with legal personality established in Bucharest.
(2) the main Purpose and function of the National Council for the environment and sustainable development, the National Council, are to give an institutional framework organized consultation and dialogue between the representatives of the State authorities and civil society on the fundamental issues relating to policies, programmes and action plans of current and perspective for the implementation of sustainable development goals in the economic and social sectors at national and local levels.
Article 2 in its activity the National Council will take account of the implementation of the objectives and recommendations of Agenda 21, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Environment and development in Rio de Janeiro since 1992, in accordance with the decisions and resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations relating to the implementation of Agenda 21.
Chapter 2 National Council of article 3 (1) the National Council has representatives from component: the ministries and other bodies) of the central public administration, in the elaboration and implementation of the national strategy for the environment and sustainable development;
b) academic forums;
c) Economic and Social Council;
d) Association of banks from Romania;
e) associations and organizations, and scientific personalities, whose profile of activity is related to the goals of the National Council.
(2) the appointment of representatives of the heads of Government and academic forums, on the basis of the provisions of the regulations governing the Organization and functioning of the National Council.
Article 4 membership in the National Council shall be obtained on a voluntary basis, through the letter of accession.
Article 5 the National Council is organized and operates under the provisions of this law, as well as of the rules or organisation and functioning.
Chapter 3 Powers of the National Council in article 6 (1) the functions of the National Council are: a) for the implementation of the objectives of the Act to the sustainable development of the country in all economic and social sectors through social consensus between civil society and public authorities, based on dialogue, transparency and accountability in the process of elaboration and implementation of decisions on policy and strategy for economic and social development;
b) contribute to the promotion of recommendations and achieve the goals of Agenda 21 for sustainable development; supports local public administration authorities in the drafting and implementation of the territorial aspect of the local agendas 21;
c) contribute to the strengthening of the institutional framework for facilitating the participation of non-governmental sectors and civil society representatives in the drafting of decisions concerning economic and social development strategy of the country;
d) acts as an instrument of cooperation and integration of the european and world level, by developing and deepening ties with similar institutions.
(2) the National Council will meet and other duties provided for in the regulations.
(3) the National Council may join similar international organizations.
Article 7 (1) in carrying out the duties provided for in article 10. 6 National Council: (a) objectives and recommendations) Agenda 21 and, on this basis, make proposals and recommendations for the implementation of the strategies, policies, programmes and sectoral action plans, as well as in the National Strategy and national action plan for the environment and sustainable development, according to the requirements of the national interest and in accordance with the policies, strategies, programmes and action plans for environment and sustainable development to be implemented at the regional level , european and global levels;
b) make periodical review of the objectives of the national strategy and national action plan for the environment and sustainable development and, on this basis, make proposals and recommendations for integrating them into their strategies, programmes and action plans, sectoral and local;
c) request and discuss the reports on State of the environment and of the various socio-economic sectors, drawn up in accordance with the law, and, on this basis, make proposals and recommendations to foster concerted action of the public authorities and civil society towards achieving the objectives of sustainable development at local and national level.
(2) the reports provided for in paragraph 1. (1) (a). (c)) shall be drawn up by the ministries and other government institutions and organizations that have responsibilities and competences of the different sectors of activity and compete to achieve the sustainable development of the country.
(3) the National Council has the right to request from any legal person whether governed by public or private data and information necessary for the performance of its duties, and these persons are obliged to report them, observing the legal norms in force.
(4) the preservation and use of the data and information submitted to the National Council, according to the provisions of paragraph 1. (2) and (3) shall be made in compliance with the degree of privacy specified by issuer.
Chapter 4 planning, operation and leadership of the National Council in article 8 (1) the National Council performs within: a) ordinary and extraordinary conferences;
b working sections meetings);
c) working groups sessions.
(2) ordinary Conferences are held from 2 in 2 years.
Extraordinary conferences shall be held whenever necessary.
(3) meetings of the sections work taking place at least once a year.
(4) work groups operate according to the schedule of conferences of the National Council and/or sections of it.
(5) the procedure for convening, organizing and conducting conferences, ordinary and extraordinary meetings of sections and working groups sessions, as well as core competencies of their analysis shall be determined by the rules of organization and functioning of the National Council.
(6) The duties and competences that we have according to the provisions of this law and the regulations on the organisation and functioning of the National Council: the Council adopts national conferences) resolutions and resolutions of recommendation to the attention of the public authorities and civil society;
b) working meetings of sections shall draw up recommendations that they be subjected to debate in conferences of the National Council;
c) work groups develop and adopt recommendations that they be subject to debate meetings working sections.
Article 9 (1) In the interval between conferences, the National Coordinating Council ensure the Executive Committee, which is constituted under the provisions of the regulations governing the Organization and functioning of the National Council.
(2) the Executive Committee shall elect a Chairman and a Vice-Chairman, Rapporteur 2.
(3) Sections of the National Council shall be determined by regulation or organization and functioning.
(4) the Vice-Presidents of the Executive Board coordinates the activity of sections of the National Council.
(5) the functions of the Executive Committee and of the Secretariat shall be determined by the rules of organization and functioning of the National Council.
Article 10 (1) the National Council has its own budget, which is constituted by the following sources: the credits allocated to) the State budget through annual budgetary laws;
b) dues, contributions and donations of the institutions and non-governmental organizations represented on the National Council;
c) donations and contributions by other individuals and legal entities, including from some international organizations.
(2) the Ministry of finance will elaborate, in a period of 30 days from the date of entry into force of the present law, guidelines for registering in the accounts of extra-budgetary funds.
(3) from the State budget according to the provisions of paragraph 1. (1) (a). to allocate funds) for the following categories of expenditure: a) the costs of maintenance and operation and capital costs, to be determined on an annual basis;
b) allowances for Chairman, Vice-Chairmen and Rapporteur of the Executive Committee.
Article 11 (1) to the work of the President, Vice-President and deposited the Rapporteur of the Executive Committee shall receive a monthly allowance. The amount of compensation shall be determined by the rules of organization and functioning of the National Council.
(2) the funds set up in the framework of the budget of the National Council, from the sources referred to in art. 10 para. (1) (a). b) and (c)), you can allocate the amounts needed for the following categories of expenditure: (a) full coverage of costs). 10 para. (3) if the funds allocated for this purpose by the budget appropriations are not sufficient;
b) allowances for officers and members of the Working Group for the period worked in the service of the National Council;
c) other expenses of the National Council, for the effective organization and functioning of its business.
Chapter 5 transitional and final provisions
Article 12 (1) within 30 days after the date of entry into force of this law shall constitute a Preparatory Commission of the first Conference of the National Council's ordinary.
(2) the Preparatory Commission will be composed of 15 persons designated official authorities, associations and organizations referred to in article 1. 3 paragraphs 1 and 2. (1) Commission will be Coordinator. elected at its first meeting, after a procedure established by the central authority for environmental protection.
(3) the Commission has the following duties: preparatory to) make the necessary arrangements for official establishment of the National Council, under art. 3 and 4;
b) makes official registration of institutions, associations and organisations of the National Council;
(c) draft regulation) structure and functioning of the National Council;
d) organized and convened the first Conference of the National Council of the ordinary.
(4) the Commission preparatory outgoing after the first Conference of the National Council, which will be convened within a period of less than 90 days from the date of entry into force of this law.
Article 13 (1) the rules of organization and functioning of the National Council shall be debated and adopted by the Conference of the National Council, in its first meeting.
(2) the rules of organization and functioning of the National Council, the National Council, the Executive Committee, as well as resolutions and documents having the character of the recommendation, adopted within the framework of the National Council, are public.
Article 14 the Government will undertake the necessary steps for the purpose of being assigned an appropriate space for the headquarters of the National Council.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 20 September 1999, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT of the SENATE, DANIELS T this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 21 September 1999, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (2) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, YONATAN GA — — — — — — — — — — — — — —