Law No. 23 of 26 January 1999 amending and completing certain provisions of the family code and law No. 119/1996 regarding ISSUING civil status acts published in PARLIAMENT OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 35 of 28 January 1999, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 of the Family Code, adopted by law No. 4/1953, published in Official Gazette No. 1 of 4 January 1954, reprinted in the Official Gazette nr. 13 of 18 April 1956, with subsequent amendments, changes and shall be completed as follows: 1. Insert after article 13 Article 13 ^ 1 with the following content: "Art. 13 ^ 1. -The same day as the date of receipt of the Declaration of marriage, the civil status officer shall order publication thereof, by displaying the excerpt, a specially equipped place, at the City Hall where the marriage is to be concluded.
Extract from the Declaration of marriage will necessarily includes: data display, data of the civil status of the prospective spouses, as well as notification that any person can make no indication that marriage, within 10 days from the date of posting. "
2. Article 1 shall read as follows: "marriage shall be concluded by the consent of the future spouses. They are bound to be present together, accompanied by two witnesses at the City Hall, to give personal consent and asi publicly in front of the civil status officer. "
3. Article 17 shall read as follows: Art. 17. the civil status officer-taking consent of the future spouses, will be drawn up immediately in the register of civil status acts, the Act of marriage, which shall be signed by the spouses, the two witnesses and the civil status officer. "
4. Article 19 shall read as follows: Art. 19. Marriage Is NULL-terminated in violation of the provisions of art. 4, 5, 6, 7 lit. a), art. 9, 13 and 16 ^ 1. "
Article 2 Law No. 119/1996 concerning civil status acts published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 282 of 11 November 1996, alter and completed as follows: 1. Insert after article 28 article 28 ^ 1 with the following content: "Art. 28 ^ 1. -By the civil status officer, the Declaration of marriage will be published by displaying the excerpt, the day on which it was received, the special place at the City Hall where the marriage will end. "
2. Article 31 shall read as follows: Art. 31. — (1) At the conclusion of the marriage, the civil status officer get the consent of the future spouses, and fully expressed in the presence of two witnesses, after whom they declare căsătoriti, reads them the provisions of the family code, concerning the rights and obligations of spouses, and shall, without delay, the Act of marriage.
(2) the Marriage Act is signed by the spouses, with the name of the family that agreed to wear it during the marriage, the two witnesses and the civil status officer. "
3. In article 62 (1) Insert the letter r), with the following content: "r) failure by the civil status officer of the provisions laid down in article 21. 28 ^ 1 and 31. "
4. Article 62 (2) shall read as follows: "(2) the Offences referred to in the-c)) is sanctioned with a fine of from 30,000 lei at 60,000 lei, while those in (b). d)-r) with fine from 40,000 to 80,000 lei lei. "
5. Annex 4. 1 B of this law shall change accordingly.
Article 3 the Home Office and the Department for local public administration shall take the necessary measures to amend the Marriage Act and form for completing the detailed rules for implementation of the law. 115/1996 on acts of civil status.
Article 4 the present law shall enter into force 90 days after its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 1 October 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. PRESIDENT of the SENATE, DANIELS T this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 22 December 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, Andrew John CHILIMAN — — — — — — — — — — — —