Law No. 19 of 14 January 1999 on the amendment and completion of the audiovisual Law nr. 48/1992 published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 12 of 19 January 1999 the Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 the audiovisual Law nr. 48/92, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 104 of 25 May 1992, modified and completed as follows: 1. Article 2 shall be inserted After article 2 ^ 1 with the following content: "Art. 2 ^ 1. (1) broadcasters, corporates, will provide up to 1 January 2003, progressively, where practicable and by appropriate means, European audiovisual works a majority percentage of the time, in the calculation that will be informative and sporting shows, games, advertising and teletext services.
(2) for the purposes of this law, by means of the European audiovisual creations works originating in the Member States of the Council of Europe, as well as works made in whole or in majority, producers, authors and workers who have their habitual residence in one or more Member States of the Council of Europe.
(3) the creation of a European audiovisual broadcast at least 40% will be audiovisual creation.
(4) by Romanian creations means works that originate in Romania or which are made, in whole or in majority, producers, authors and workers have their domicile in Romania.
(5) television broadcasters, corporates, will, under the terms of the preceding paragraphs, 10% of their transmission time of creations made by independent producers broadcast stations in question.
(6) the application of paragraph 1. (1) and (5) will be done gradually, based on mandatory standards developed by the National Audiovisual Council. "
Article 2 this law shall enter into force within 90 days from its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania.
Article 3 the audiovisual Law nr. 48/1992, as amended, as well as additions to this law, will be republished in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, posing a new numbered items.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 11 December 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CONSTANTIN DUMITRESCU CHAIRMAN Senate, this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 14 December 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT, PAULA IVANESCU — — — — — — — — — — — — — —