Law No. 116 of 5 June 1998 concerning the Organization and functioning of the Romanian Gendarmerie, the PARLIAMENT published in ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE nr. 224 of 18 June 1998, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Chapter 1 General provisions Article 1 Romanian Gendarmerie is a military State institution specialised component of the Interior Ministry, which exercises powers under the law are conferred in respect of securing and defending objectives, assets and values of particular importance, maintaining and restoring public order, achieving the tasks of preventing and combating criminal offences and other violations of legal norms in force , prevention and neutralization of terrorist acts and subversive operations on Romanian territory.
Article 2 the Romanian Gendarmerie operates exclusively on the basis and in the execution of the law.
Article 3 The duties devolving upon it under the law, the Romanian Gendarmerie cooperate with Romanian Police, with other units of the Ministry of the Interior and with other structures of the system of national defense, who have duties in the field, and cooperate with organizations, institutions and authorities of Central and local public administration.
Chapter 2-Organization and leadership of the Romanian Gendarmerie, in article 4 (1) the Romanian Gendarmerie is organised on military principles, throughout the country, and has the structure: the National Gendarmerie Headquarters);
(b) the territorial Gendarmerie headquarters): headquarters of the gendarmerie and the gendarmerie Command of Bucharest;
-several squads, companies, platoons and sections, posts, balustrades, and groups of Rangers;
c) Brigade of the gendarmerie;
(d) training centres);
e Special gendarme units);
f) educational institutions;
g) logistics base;
(2) the structure of the Romanian Gendarmerie, referred to in paragraph 1. (1), shall be conducted on the current structure of the gendarmerie troops.
(3) by order of the Minister of the Interior, when the situation so requires, the stock may create subunits in the rural gendarmerie, within the limit of the number of individuals and funds approved.
Article 5 the National Gendarmerie Headquarters is the central command of the Romanian Gendarmerie, who drives all subordinated structures.
Article 6 (1) of the National Gendarmerie Command is headed by a police officer, as the Commander of the Romanian Gendarmerie, called in this function by the Minister of the Interior, with the opinion of the Supreme Council of Defense of the country.
(2) the Romanian Gendarmerie Commander is assisted in the performance of his duties, the Deputy be appointed on the proposal of the Secretary of State of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which coordinates the activity of the Romanian Gendarmerie. In exercising the functions of the Romanian Gendarmerie, Commander legal issues orders and mandatory provisions for the staff of subordinates.
(3) the Romanian Gendarmerie is represented in dealings with the authorities of Central and local public administration and with similar institutions of other countries, by the master or by its representatives.
Article 7 (1) of the National Gendarmerie Command has in the composition of its staff, directions, sections, special units, services and offices.
(2) the rules of organization and functioning of the National Gendarmerie Headquarters shall be approved by the Minister of the Interior.
Article 8 the gendarmerie territorial Headquarters is a large facility dedicated to the organisation, management and coordination of specific missions for the performance of the police in an area of responsibility corresponding to the territory of several counties and the municipality of Bucharest, having composed the gendarmerie headquarters and the municipality of Bucharest, battalions of Rangers, forcing companies, sections, platoons, balustrades, posts, groups of Rangers, subunits and logistics specialists.
(2) the territorial Gendarmerie Headquarters are established, as a rule, the following structures of gendarmes.
(3) the territorial Gendarmerie command is an officer of the gendarmes.
Article 9 (1) Command of the gendarmerie and the gendarmerie Headquarters County of the municipality of Bucharest are units intended for the Organization, management and execution of specific missions for the performance of the police in an area of responsibility corresponding to the territory of a county and the municipality of Bucharest. They were composed of battalions of Rangers, forcing companies, sections, platoons, balustrades, posts, mobile guard subunits.
(2) the gendarmerie Headquarters and command County Rangers of Bucharest are established, as a rule, the structure of the existing battalions or forcing the Rangers.
(3) the Commander of the gendarmerie command and Command County Rangers of Bucharest are officers of the gendarmerie.
Article 10 (1) of the gendarmerie Brigade is a great unit, reporting to the National Gendarmerie Headquarters directly for execution, independently or in cooperation with other units of the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of national defense and other components of the system of national defense, for the performance of specific missions throughout the country. It composed of battalions, several squads of gendarmes and subunits of specialists.
(2) the Commander of the gendarmerie brigade mobile is an officer of the gendarmes.
Article 11 (1) the establishment of new territorial headquarters and order of battle of the gendarmerie shall be approved by the Supreme Council of Defense of the country.
(2) by order of the Minister of Internal Affairs, on the proposal of the Romanian Gendarmerie Commander, you can set up the units and subunits of the gendarmerie in relation to operational needs, subject to a number of individuals and funds approved.
Article 12 (1) Rangers Battalion is a unit intended for the execution of assignments, usually in an area of responsibility of a gendarmerie headquarters. He composed several squads, platoons, companies, departments, groups, posts, balustrades and logistic subunits.
(2) the gendarmerie Battalion is led by a commander, an officer of the gendarmes.
Article 13 the company Detachment, platoon, guard, and a group of Rangers are organized as subunits of military structures for training and for carrying out specific tasks independently or in direct subordination to the gendarmerie headquarters, training centres, and special units of the gendarmerie battalions.
Article 14 (1) Training Centre is a facility dedicated to the training and improvement of personnel preparation necessary to supplement the gendarmerie units and the number of individuals working as State organization approved by the Minister of the Interior.
(2) Training Centre is headed by a commanding officer, an officer of the gendarmes.
(3) training and refresher Centre of specialized staff broadcasts from the gendarmerie are founded on the current structure of the regiment of broadcasts.
Article 15 (1) unit of the gendarmerie is intended for the execution of the tasks of guarding and defense objectives of particular importance, security and transport of goods and special values.
(2) Special Unit is headed by a commanding officer, an officer of the gendarmes.
Article 16 (1) educational institutions are military units intended for training, improving training and retraining of police personnel and operates according to the approved organisation States Minister of the Interior.
(2) improvement of the preparation of the gendarmerie in the centre and in schools.
Article 17 (1) Logistics Base is intended to ensure the supply, storage, preservation and distribution of necessary material means the Romanian Gendarmerie.
(2) for each of the basic structures composing the Romanian Gendarmerie set up units and subunits of logistics.
Article 18 the base repair is intended to ensure the repair of motor vehicles, equipment, weaponry and technology from endowing the gendarmerie.
Article 19 at the level of the National Gendarmerie Headquarters, territorial commands, and command of the gendarmerie of the municipality of Bucharest, the gendarmerie brigade of mobile and of educational institutions shall be organised, depending on necessities, bins administrative, technical, financial and medical, responsible for all activity necessary for specific missions, and the training of personnel.
Article 20 Major units, units and subunits of the gendarmes, the order of the Minister of internal affairs can act in any other area of the country than that of responsibility.
Chapter 3 powers of the Romanian Gendarmerie Article 21 (1) the Romanian Gendarmerie has the following duties: a) guard the objectives, assets and values of particular importance for the defence of the country, for the work of the State, the economy, science, culture and art, to the premises of diplomatic missions or other solid economic agents and dealers, as well as the location of some international bodies, carrying out activities on Romanian territory, established by a decree of the Government;
b) guard transport important values, consisting of cash, securities, or other records cheques, precious metals and stones, scientific, technical, cultural and art, as well as transporting weapons munitions, explosive materials, drugs, toxic or radioactive substances of or other hazardous substances or materials;
c) ensure, together with other public authorities, the order on the occasion of meetings and events;
d) ensure, together with the police and with other structures of the Ministry of the Interior, restoring public order in cases of serious disorder;
e) meets along with the police, in order to maintain public order missions, preventing and combating criminal offences and other violations of legal norms in force;
f) run along with police, escorting trains, taking measures for security and order in transportation and in railway stations;
g) meets, together with other State institutions are empowered by law to ensure the protection of the mission senior Romanian and foreign dignitaries during their presence in Romania, as well as missions to guard the premises and residential communities;
h) meets with other specialized institutions of the State, prevention, neutralization missions and liquidation of diversionary and terrorist acts on Romanian territory;
I) participate in the enforcement of security and the protection of secret correspondence transport throughout the territory of Romania;
j) execute measures to ensure public order during the actions of the neutralization of suspicious objects, which may present a public danger;
k) meets along with the police, with firefighters and in cooperation with units of the Ministry of national defence, civil protection and other formations as provided by law, the activities of the rescue and evacuation of people and property endangered by fires, explosions, crashes, accidents, epidemics, disasters and catastrophes, and the limitation and removal of consequences caused by such events;
l) run along with the police and with other public institutions, missions and evadatilor, the deserters and other persons about whom there are strong indications that data and intends to have committed crimes or working times withdrawing the measure of preventive arrest or execution of custodial sentences;
m) participate, upon request of the President and with the approval of the Romanian Parliament, in addition to the national territory, with the actual equipment, the establishment of the international force intended for the performance of tasks of training, assistance and cooperation in the field of public order and for humanitarian action; in the course of these missions, Rangers have the actual participating troops of the Ministry of defence arrangements, which execute missions abroad;
execute any other n) tributii which are established by law.
(2) at the request of natural or legal persons, in situations that do not suffer from procrastination, the Romanian Gendarmerie commander may approve temporary insurance of security objectives, values and goods transports.
(3) in carrying out the duties provided for in paragraph 1. (1) use, arms and the gendarmes of technical means, according to legal provisions.
Article 22 during a State of emergency or State of siege, the Romanian Gendarmerie, as well as carrying out permanent missions participate in actions for discovery, capture or liquidation, the research groups of terrorist diversion, as well as to support the evacuation of some importance and goals.
Article 23 in the mobilization and in times of war, the Romanian Gendarmerie, along with his duties under article 4. 21 and 22, as a component of the armed forces, and the following functions: a), along with other strengths, guarding and defending objectives which are not secured by a military guard in time of peace;
b) participate in discovery, capture or neutralize the enemy parachute packs or landed in the country, in the districts of disposal units or sub-units of the gendarmerie;
c) participate in the defense of some localities;
d) guard property belonging to public or private sector, in cases of eviction enforced by the enemy's actions;
e) participate in the removal of the effects of actions executed by the enemy blows with aviation, with the means of mass destruction, incendiary or classical;
f) participate in the evacuation of the population:; comenduirea and the direction of movement; escorting and guarding prisoners of war in their bearings inner area; directing and guiding the refugees; guarding and defending certain special districts;
(g) carry out other duties) and missions relating to the defence of the country, according to the law.
Chapter 4 the Romanian Gendarmerie Personnel article 24 Romanian Gendarmerie Personnel is composed of military and civilian employees from.
Article 25 (1) the number of military officers, foremen, subofiteri, gendarmes, contract employees, conscripts and civil employees of the Romanian Gendarmerie, in times of peace and in the mobilization, shall be determined by the Ministry of internal affairs within the limit approved by the Decree of the establishment plan of the Government.
(2) appointment of staff shall be made according to the order of the Minister of the Interior.
Article 26 (1) permanent staff from Romanian Gendarmerie was enjoying stability in the unit to which he was appointed.
(2) the transfer, the transfer or separation of staff can be made in the cases and under the conditions provided by law.
Article 27 (1) military personnel from units of the Gendarmerie will military oath provided for soldiers of the armed forces of Romania.
(2) Employees shall take an oath, to employment and civilians, the following oath: "I swear to respect the Constitution and the laws of Romania, to maintain professional secrecy and let me meet with good faith of the tasks entrusted. So help me God! "
Article 28 (1) the selection, preparation and promotion for Romanian Gendarmerie military personnel shall be subject to the law and orders the Interior Minister.
(2) Romanian Gendarmerie military Frames originate, usually from the ranks of military education institutions graduates. For some activities can be employed with adequate studies specialists from other sectors of activity, meeting the legal conditions.
Article 29 (1) Training officers of the gendarmerie in military higher education institutions belonging to the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of national defence, as well as through the network of institutions of higher education.
(2) formation of WOS and non-commissioned officer of the gendarmes ' own schools, those belonging to the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of national defense.
(3) preparation of training courses, and other training conscripts training shall be organised by the National Police Headquarters.
Article 30 (1) the Romanian Gendarmerie may use military employees on a contract basis, within the limits of the approved organisation States according to competence.
(2) under the terms of paragraph 1, the gendarmes employed. (1) the capacity of the military and are subject to military laws and regulations.
(3) the time during which a person carries on activity in the Romanian Gendarmerie, as Constable engaged on a contract basis, constitute the work.
Article 31 the selection, employment, rights and obligations of the gendarmes employed on a contract basis shall be determined by order of the Minister of the Interior. Money and material rights thereof shall be established by decision of the Government. After a period of not less than 4 years after the employment contract, the police referred to in art. 30 may exams for non-commissioned officer or body of WOS, as provided for in the Statute of the military.
Section 5 rights and obligations of the staff of the Romanian Gendarmerie section 1 rights and obligations of the military Article 32 (1) in carrying out their duties according to law, soldiers from Romanian Gendarmerie are invested with the exercise of official authority.
(2) officers, military leaders, subofiterii and soldiers from the gendarmerie, employed on a contract basis, have the following rights and obligations: a) to assist persons with functions involving the exercise of public authority if they encounter physical endurance in performing tasks;
b) to legitimize and to establish the identity of persons who have committed offences by committing crimes in violation of the rules of social coexistence and peace, public order or the security of the goods insured objectives with actual guard gendarmes;
c) to find and apply sanctions in accordance with the law, in the case of offences referred to in b);
d) to participate in carrying out checks and actions specific to discovering and neutralizing terrorist elements of Romanian territory diversionary;
(e) use any means) in transport and telecommunications, publicly or privately owned, except for those belonging to the diplomatic corps, for legal measures which do not suffer from procrastination and that cannot be brought to fruition. Expenditure incurred in such circumstances will be paid at a later date, at the request of the owners, and will be supported, as appropriate, of the Ministry of the Interior or by the persons who caused the intervention;
f) to require the support of citizens for pursuing, catching and taking legal measures against persons who have committed or intend to working or other offences violations of legal norms in force;
g) to act for the prevention of crime, about whose preparation or consummation were imminent sense;
h) to intervene in the case of flagrant offences, for the immobilization of the perpetrator, to surrender immediately to the nearest police unit, together with sample materials and with the report of findings.
(3) in exercising the powers of the police are obligated to, make known, in advance, the quality and submit the ticket.
Article 33 Soldiers of the Romanian Gendarmerie, in fulfilment of their duties, have the obligation to respect fundamental rights and freedoms of man, to provide medical care to people who need it as a result of the intervention force. The Romanian Gendarmerie soldiers are prohibited from committing acts of torture, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, measures and enforcement regarding illegal orders.
Article 34 in the performance of their duties, the police use the weapons, shields, helmets, visor with batons, sticks with the electrostatic energy, irritating substances-tear, water jets or dyes, coils, service dogs, sound and light devices, protective armour and any means of protection and restraint in equipment in the following situations: (a) to prevent and neutralize) for aggressive actions of people who seriously disturb public order, actions that could not be removed or wiped out by using other legal means;
b) against those who imbibe without, in the premises of the public authorities, political parties and other institutions of public or private interest and which warned and imagined, refused to leave as soon as these offices, as well as against organized groups that impede the normal conduct of business communications routes, in public places and in other important goals;
c) for immobilization and detain persons or group of persons causing clutter and taken actions that endanger the lives, integrity or health of persons, public or private property, ultragiaza security forces or other persons be given functions involving the exercise of public authority seriously upset public order times through acts of violence.
Article 35 in cases of absolute necessity and when using other means of restraint or coercion did not give results, the police make use of weapon, under strictly prescribed by law.
Article 36 (1) the use of the means mentioned in article 1. 34 is made only after the alert and somarea participants to disperse, the head of the serial device or by the heads of his hierarchical superiors.
(2) for the performance of the dispersarii available participants appropriate time determined in relation to their number, ways and possibilities for defluire.
(3) the warning and somarea are not required where the staff of the order acts of violence endangering the lives, bodily integrity, imminent or its health.
Article 37 (1) Warning and somarea consist in the use of light and sound signals or in warning people in the situations referred to in article 1. 34, by means of sound amplification, the obligation to disperse and to comply with legal provisions.
(2) If, after warning, the participants have not dispersed, they are atenţionati, by means of sound amplification: the first subpoena: "attention, please to leave, we'll use force!", followed by the sound and light signals.
(3) where, after the period required for dispersal, it is found that the first judgement remained without result, proceed to use the last summons: the last judgement "" Exit, it will use force! ", followed by the sound and light signals.
(4) For the levying of somatiilor by all participants, prior to the use of means of restraint or coercion shall be delivered by a light signal by signal cartridges red pulled vertically.
Article 38 Using the means referred to in article 1. 34 it is done gradually and should not exceed the real needs for individuals or aggressive splinting turbulent times for neutralising illegal actions and will cease as soon as the purpose of the mission was accomplished.
Article 39 (1) intervention in force and the use of technical means, including the use of the weapon, shall be approved in writing by the prefect or subprefect where appropriate times by the mayor or his/her substitute settlement occurred one of the situations referred to in article 1. 34 and is executed in the presence of a Prosecutor as a delegate.
(2) approval of the force's intervention is not required in cases where staff of the order is exercised violence times when life, bodily integrity or health of its was in imminent danger.
(3) Approval for the use of the weapon is not necessary in cases where the law provides that it can be done without a subpoena.
Article 40 the causes relating to personal injury or death of any person as a result of the intervention force be investigated immediately by the Attorney delegate or, where appropriate, the competent public prosecutor.
Article 41 Persons guilty of violating the law will be fixed, removed as soon as possible of the place and disorder driven, as appropriate, to the nearest police station or gendarmerie.
Article 42 (1) for the performance of their duties, soldiers from Romanian Gendarmerie may hold, carry and use firearms, ammunition and equipment, in accordance with the law and military regulations, instructions and orders data in them.
(2) military Frames are entitled to wear the pistol and ammunition in respect of equipment and weaponry and guard as intended for self defense.
Article 43 military Officers, foremen and subofiterii from Romanian Gendarmerie are forced to step in and out of the opening hours of their duties, when they take knowledge of preparing or committing a crime, acting to preserve the bodies of other felonies, material resources, apprehending and handing their faptuitorilor from the authorities.
Article 44 from Romanian Gendarmerie Soldiers are personally liable for the performance of specific function or post and for executing the laws that they receive from the competent authorities.
Section 2 rights of military personnel and civilian employees in article 45 (1) Soldele, salaries and other pecuniary rights which is appropriate to the Romanian Gendarmerie personnel are laid down in the laws and in the decisions of Government.
(2) the gendarmerie military Frames that, for reasons of illness, accidents or other events which have occurred since the time, because of the times in connection with the service, no longer can perform tasks and are passed to another function, keeps its money rights and result in other previously proposed.
(3) the insurance premiums in respect of the accident led military vehicles within-drivers, during the execution of the tasks, shall be paid by the Ministry of the Interior.
Article 46 (1) pension rights of officers, WOS, the officer and civilian employees from Romanian Gendarmerie shall be determined in accordance with the law.
(2) military and civilian Personnel from units of gendarmes during the cat lies in the activity and in retirement, and members of his family-husband, wife and dependent minor children or those who follow his studies until the age of 26 years-they are entitled to social insurance, in accordance with the law.
(3) medical assistance and medication required for the activity and those receiving pensions, and to members of their families shall provide free of charge through the health units of the Ministry of internal affairs in the localities where it does not have its own sanitary units, by those belonging to the Ministry of national defence, in accordance with the protocol concluded with this Ministry, or in the health units of the Ministry of health according to the law.
Article 47 (1) military personnel from the gendarmerie, who directs, coordinates operational activities or run, fall into Group I work.
(2) military personnel from the gendarmerie, other than that referred to in paragraph 1. (1) fit into Group II work.
(3) employment groups of military personnel of the national police shall be determined by order of the Minister of the Interior.
Article 48 (1) the officer's Wife and children, subofiterului and master fitter military gendarme engaged on a contract basis, died during or because of work, shall be granted a pension equal to the anticipated result in full last month.
(2) where the officer, foreman, young NCO military policeman or contract employee, who died, had no children and was the sole supporter of his parents lacked sufficient means of existence, they will receive half of the survivor, determined according to paragraph 1. (1), and an aid in rate of 6 monthly taxable solde.
(1) Military Officer, foreman young NCO or policeman hired on a contract basis, which has lost a total of work capacity, during or because of work, in addition to the rights arising from retirement, will receive a one-time aid money equal to 12 times the anticipated result in full last month.
(2) the officer, foreman, young NCO or policeman hired on a contract basis, which has lost capacity for work, partly during or because of work, and no more likely to carry out further military duties as a professional will receive a pension equal to the anticipated result last month full of activity, financial aid equal to 12 times the basic result taken last month of activity as well as the right to aggregate salary pension for another activity.
Article 50 (1) in exercising the functions of the police service, enjoy special protection, according to the criminal law.
(2) in the case of crimes committed against the husband or wife against children, gendarme times for the purpose of intimidation or retribution for legal action taken by it in the performance of job duties, limits the maximum sentences provided for in the criminal law shall be increased by 2 years.
(3) Murder committed against a software developer located in the exercise of his powers or in connection with the performance of these duties constitutes the offence of murder especially serious and punishable under article. 176 of the penal code.
Article 51 (1) military and civilian Personnel of the Romanian Gendarmerie, to lead or coordinate missions and tasks, particularly in conditions of danger or in conditions of isolation, receive a raise of up to 30%, calculated from the result of the base salary.
(2) the categories of personally benefiting from the increase shall be determined by order of the Minister of the Interior.
Article 52 (1) military and civilian Personnel of the Romanian Gendarmerie i provide free protective equipment appropriate to the specific tasks it performs, and where, as a result of the completion of the job duties were degraded times i have ruined clothing, footwear or other personal property, he shall be entitled to appropriate compensation, granted by the Ministry of the Interior.
(2) Police Personnel participating in the Mission of intervention whose duration exceeds four hours, i provide free food supplement, the equivalent of 2,000 calories per day.
Article 53 military Frames and soldiers employed on a contract basis, which have over horses or cups service, shall be entitled, during the period, at an increase of 5% to the loser.
Article 54 the Ministry of Interior will advance the amounts needed to cover the material damage sustained by the staff from the gendarmerie units and the members of their families, in the situations referred to in article 1. 50, to recover them from the guilty persons according to the law.
Chapter 6 securing the material and financial Article 55 (1) of the National Gendarmerie Command has in the Government Emergency Ordinance Nr.77/2009, technique, equipment, uniforms and equipment necessary for the performance of specific duties, as provided by law for self defence and to protect personnel and objectives in which it operates. The National Gendarmerie headquarters composed structures, supply of materials, transport logistic, technical, medical insurance, health, veterinary, flocks and animal housing accommodation.
(2) in relation to your own needs, within the framework of the National Gendarmerie Command can evaluate households or commercial production companies, rest homes, as well as cultural associations-sports.
Article 56 (1) Equipping the Romanian Gendarmerie is achieved through the Interior Ministry, care of domestic and imported.
(2) the technique, equipment, substances and equipment, purchased from import, shall be exempt from payment of customs duties, as required by law.
Article 57 the income from military guard and the provision of other services, organized and executed according to law by the gendarmerie, are retained in their entirety as extrabudgetary income, on a permanent basis, which will be used to cover current expenditure and capital.
Article 58 (1) is made for large headquarters units, sub-units and units of gendarmes from the funds allocated to the Ministry of the Interior on the basis of judgments awarded in the Government or the local Council, as appropriate.
(2) recipients of services carried out by the military police units are required to provide them, free of charge, the necessary premises and activities, as well as housing for staff.
(3) Buildings owned by local gendarmes constitute public domain of national interest and are removed from the circuit.
Article 59 the National Gendarmerie Headquarters advises draft construction, means and necessary improvement to guard service provided or to be provided with a military guard, according to the law.
Article 60 Feeding soldiers within units of the gendarmerie, are subordinated to the operative units of police in localities where there are no units or formations of gendarmes, performed by Brad, cantine-restaurant or private hostels, paying suportandu the units from which the herds.
Article 61 (1) Units of the gendarmerie uses his own car park and are equipped with the technique of fighting, transportation, equipment and means of communication and other materials necessary for the performance of specific tasks.
(2) motor vehicles intended for the performance of specific missions Constabulary carries the inscription "GENDARMERIE", and are equipped with light-signalling installations and acoustics.
Article 62 of the National Headquarters of the national police is empowered to approve: (a)), within the limits of its competencies, technical and economic documentation for his own investments and pursue their enforcement within the time limits laid down;
(b) to establish rules) usage, maintenance and repair of equipment for special technique;
c) to execute control of means and materials, broken down by major units and subordinate units;
(d) exercise any other) to powers conferred by law, in the fields of insurance and financial materials.
Chapter 7 transitional and final Provisions Article 63 in the case of events that endanger the legal order, the commanders of large units and the gendarmerie units inform the Ministry of the Interior and, through it, other ministries and institutions with powers determined by law in this area about holding events in order to take measures to implement the action plans approved by the Supreme Council of Defense of the country.
Article 64 the forms and processes, through which the gendarmerie units carry out their duties, shall be determined by regulations approved by the Minister of the Interior.
Article 65 military and civilian Personnel from Romanian Gendarmerie is responsible under the law for infringements committed in connection with the performance of job duties.
Article 66 (1) on 3 April, every year it celebrates Day of the Romanian Gendarmerie.
(2) the Romanian Gendarmerie Personnel may confer decorations and honorary insignia, according to law.
Article 67 for personalizing the gendarmerie units, they may be assigned by order of the Minister of Internal Affairs, on the proposal of the National Police Command names having connotations or historical significance to the area of responsibility of the unit concerned.
Article 68 on the date of entry into force of the present law shall repeal any provisions to the contrary.
This law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting on 4 May 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT ANDREW JOHN CHILIMAN this law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 6 May 1998, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. SENATE PRESIDENT OLIVIU GHERMAN — — — — — — — — — —