Law No. 208 of 15 December 1997 on the ISSUING of social aid canteens PARLIAMENT Published in MONITORUL OFICIAL nr. 363 of 17 December 1997, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) social canteens are public social assistance units with legal personality that works under the control of local councils and operates under the provisions of this law.
(2) social canteens provide social services free of charge or surcharge for persons in situations of social or medical and economic.
Article 2 (1) are eligible for social assistance canteens of services the following categories of persons: a) in children aged up to 18 years old, are in the maintenance of those families whose average net monthly income per person is lower than the net income per month for a single person to be taken into account in calculating the aid;
b) keeping that follow courses at educational institutions functioning according to the law, until their completion, but without exceeding the age of 25 years, 26 years respectively in the case of those who follow higher studies with a duration of more than 5 years, in the situation referred. a);
c) aided persons or other pecuniary aid granted in accordance with the law and whose income is up to the level of the monthly net income for a single person to be taken into account in calculating the aid;
e) persons who have reached the age of retirement, which one of the following situations: are social isolates, did not legally, supporters are deprived of revenue;
f) invalids and chronically ill;
g) any person who temporarily does not realize income.
(2) the persons referred to in paragraph 1. (1) (a). g) benefits from social services canteens under the conditions provided for in this law, for a period not exceeding 90 days per year.
(3) do not benefit from the services provided by social canteens persons to whom they are applicable to the provisions of art. 6 paragraph 1. (1) (a). ) and c) of law No. 1/1991 on social protection of the unemployed and their professional reintegration, republished in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 257 of 14 September 1994.
Article 3 social canteens providing, as appropriate, the following social services to persons entitled under art. 1: a) and the second preparation serving meals, daily, per person, lunch and dinner, the food allowance limit stipulated by legal regulations;
b) supply, for a fee, from the canteen with agri-food products, the prices at which they were purchased;
c) free shipping only for people who benefit from the distribution of food at home;
(d) preparation and distribution of food) through the mobile centres for special situations.
Article 4 (1) the social services referred to in article 1. 3 (a). provision of free) persons laid down in article 21. 2, who do not have income or whose income is below the net income per month for a single person to be taken into account in calculating the aid.
(2) the persons entitled to benefit from social services canteen, laid down in article 21. 2, and carrying out revenue is above the net income per month for a single person to be taken into account in calculating the aid may benefit from social services social aid canteen, pay a contribution of 30% of the income of the person, without exceeding the cost of the meals served, calculated on the same time.
(3) the recipients of social assistance are entitled to social aid canteen services based on social investigation, according to the Mayor's mood.
Article 5 (1) food for two meals are distributed, usually once a day, at the canteen or through serving organized for this purpose.
(2) persons who, for objective reasons, resulting from social survey can not move on the premises of the canteen, they distribute food for the two daily meals at home, once a day, free transportation of which is approved by the Director of social aid canteen.
Article 6 (1) applications for the provision of social services by social canteens shall be approved by the mayor or by a person authorized by him.
(2) in cases of emergency, meal at the canteen of social aid can be approved for a period not exceeding 7 days, by the Director of canteen.
Article 7 Ministry of labour and social security check legality of rights established under this legislation and ensure, through the decentralized public services, assistance, and guidance and methodological support.
Article 8 (1) the material basis necessary for social aid canteens officials and control their activity ensure local councils.
(2) the financing of social assistance canteens is made from local budgets.
Article 9 In the localities where it doesn't work or social aid canteens where applications exceed capacity, local public administration authorities may agree with the social service units, the autonomous administrations, companies and public institutions which have their own canteens and catering provision of social services. 3 (a). ) and (c)), with the proper application of the provisions of art. 2 and art. 6 paragraph 1. 1. Article 10 of the social aid Canteens can be organized, with the approval of the local Council, depending on the conditions of their possession, households with agri-food profile-annex and breeding with autofinanţate activities, for feeding persons assisted.
Article 11 Sponsorizarile and donations in cash and in kind, made by individuals and legal entities, Romanian and foreign aid, social canteens can be used only for the purpose of developing and improving the quality of the services they provide.
Article 12 local councils may grant subsidies to associations and foundations ' own budgets approved by the Ministry of labour and social protection and which have as their object the Organization of social aid canteens.
Article 13 (1) For the proper functioning of social aid canteens, recipients of social services offered by them are required to comply with the schedule established for dining, housekeeping and property unit, as well as measures of hygiene.
(2) by decision of the local Council to which the works canteen welfare may determine participation of persons receiving social aid canteen services to some household activities.
Article 14 the Organization, operation and manning of the canteen of social assistance shall be established by decision of the local Council, on a proposal from the Mayor.
Article 15 the amount of daily food allowance per person for social canteens shall be established and shall be indexed by decision of the Government.
Article 16 contributions of persons benefiting from the services of social assistance canteens and collected under the provisions of art. 4, came from local budgets, while revenue from other activities, pursuant to article. 10, remain available to aid social canteen for feeding persons assisted.
Article 17 entry into force of the present law shall repeal the Government decision nr. 290/1992 on social canteens, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, part I, no. 135 of 19 June 1992, as well as any other provisions to the contrary.
This law was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 2 December 1997, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. RADU VASILE, SENATE CHAIRMAN this law was adopted by the Chamber of deputies at its meeting of 9 December 1997, in compliance with the provisions of art. 74 para. (1) of the Constitution of Romania.
p. CHAMBER of DEPUTIES PRESIDENT ANDREW JOHN CHILIMAN — — — — — — — — — — — — —