LAW No. 14 of 8 February 1991 wage LAW published in PARLIAMENT ISSUING the OFFICIAL GAZETTE NR. 32 February 9, 1991, the Romanian Parliament adopts this law.
Chapter 1 General provisions Article 1 (1) for the work carried out under the conditions laid down in the individual labour contract, each person is entitled to a salary in cash, agreed to the contract.
(2) the salary comprises base salary, additions and increases thereto.
(3) salary is established for every employee in relation to the qualification of the importance, complexity of the work in which the workstation is framed, with training and professional competence.
(4) Additions and increases to base salary are granted in relation to the results obtained, the concrete conditions in which the work and, where appropriate, the length of the work.
(5) Additions and increases to base salary are taken into account in determining the duty is determined in the report, to the extent provided by law.
(6) base salary increases, the additions and are confidential.
Article 2 in determining salary cannot be made any discrimination on grounds of political, confessional, ethnic, age, sex or status.
Article 3 the provisions of this law shall apply to: (a) persons employed) with domicile in Romania or have authorization to work in Romania, where they operate in the country;
b) Romanian citizens employed by establishments set up in Romania, which operates overseas.
Chapter 2 How wage-setting and the role of the State in social protection of employees Article 4 (1) pay system on the basis of which the individual's wages shall be determined under the provisions of this law, in relation to the form of organization of the unit, and funding activity.
(2) Wages shall be determined by collective bargaining, or, where appropriate, individual, between legal and physical persons who employ and employees or their representatives, depending on the financial possibilities of the person committed.
(3) exception: staff salaries of budgetary units), which are established by the Government, in consultation with trade unions, as well as the salaries of the staff bodies of legislature, executive and judiciary powers, which shall be determined by law;
b) salaries of personnel with special autonomous public corporations, nominated by the Government, which is determined in the same manner as the budgetary units;
c) salaries of Heads of companies and 1900, which shall be determined by the law enforcement agencies empowered to appoint these persons.
(4) the amendment of wages determined through negotiation may not be required by the parties to the contract of employment before one year from the date of their establishment.
Article 5 (1) of the national minimum salary in the country is established by the decision of the Government, after consultation with the trade unions and of employers.
(2) basic Wages determined through negotiation, as well as those established by decisions of the Government or by law, shall not be less than the minimum salary in the country approved for normal work program.
Article 6 under the terms of the growth of prices and tariffs, the compensation scheme-based indexing wages shall be determined in consultation with trade unions and employers, under the decision of the Government.
Chapter 3 transitional and final Provisions Article 7 (1) payment of wages is done periodically, at intervals not exceeding one month.
(2) the rights of the employee shall be paid the money due before any other monetary obligations of the unit.
(3) Salary cannot be traced or restrained than in the cases and under the conditions provided by law.
(4) In the event of death of the employee, the amount of money which is due up to the date on which the death has occurred shall be paid to the surviving spouse, children or parents, and in the absence of other heirs are paid under the terms of the common law.
Article 8 for the frînarea process and unemployment roughly, the Government, in consultation with the trade unions may take, for a period not exceeding one year, moderating wage growth by introducing additional taxes incurred by the committed.
Article 9 Government, by law, can approve extending the time limit laid down in article 21. 8, as well as freezing salaries for limited periods.
Article 10 where, in connection with the negotiation of wages for the year 1991, there appear differences that cannot be solved within 30 calendar days, it shall apply the system of arbitration is governed by the law on settlement of collective labour conflicts.
Article 11 the present law shall enter into force 30 days after its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania.
Article 12 entry into force of the present law shall repeal the regulatory acts listed in annex II, as well as any other provisions to the contrary.
This law was adopted by the Assembly of deputies at its meeting on 5 February 1991.
The PRESIDENT of the ASSEMBLY of DEPUTIES this MARTIAN D was adopted by the Senate at its meeting on 7 February 1991.
Academic SENATE PRESIDENT ALEXANDRU BÂRLĂDEANU pursuant to art. 82 lit. m) of Decree-Law No. 92/1990 to elect the Parliament and President, promulgăm Law and payroll we have its publication in the Official Gazette of Romania.
ROMANIAN PRESIDENT ION ILIESCU Annex 1 NORMATIVE acts that are repealed upon the entry into force of the law on wages-wage Law after the quantity and quality of work no. 57 from 29 October 1974, republished in the July 23, 1980 in the Official Gazette nr. 59-60, with the exception of art. 75, 193 para. 1, art. 196 and article. 197. The law on the basic principles of improving the system of staffing, payroll and revenue distribution working people nr. 2 of 9 July 1983, published in Official Gazette No. 51 of 9 July 1983.
-Law on the global agreement and remunerate the private treaty nr staff worker. 1 of 3 April 1986, published in Official Gazette No. 21 of April 10th, 1986.
-The law on the increase of staff worker retributiilor nr. 4 of 29 June 1988, published in the Official Gazette nr. 36 of 4 July 1988.
-Law on improving the system for rewarding to stimulate export production and export no. 15 of December 2, 1988, published in the Official Gazette nr. 62 of 7 December 1988.
-The Decree of the Council of State wage law enforcement after the quantity and quality of work, no. 100 of 7 March 1979.
-The Decree of the State Council for increasing staff worker retributiei nr. 325 of 9 September 1983, published in Official Gazette No. 66 of 10 September 1983, except for art. 11(2). 1. the Council of State Decree-laws relating to the application of the global agreement and choose other forms of rewarding specific branches or activities No. 335 of 10 September 1983, published in Official Gazette No. 69 of 13 September 1983.
-The Decree of the State Council concerning the calculation and control of the use of staffing, nr. 336 of 10 September 1983, published in Official Gazette No. 70 of 17 September 1983.
-Decree-Law concerning the modification and completion of some provisions relating to the payroll and other entitlements of the staff sent abroad for realization of goals and no. 79 of 8 February 1990, with the exception of art. 5 and art. 7. The Council of State Decree-for application of raising staff worker retributiilor nr. 206 of 25 July 1988, published in the Official Gazette nr. 40 of 26 July 1988, with the exception of art. 7. The Council of State Decree-laws relating to the Fund for the participation of working people to the realization of production, income and benefits sharing and Fund for 1988 and quotas for the formation of these funds on 1989 nr. 105 of 24 April 1989.