Law No. 13 of 23 November 1972 on mutual aid houses of NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ISSUING pensioners Published in OFFICIAL GAZETTE No. 138 of 29 November 1972 STATEMENT of REASONS according to Decree No. 204/1951 organized mutual aid homes of retirees in the State social insurance system. These houses for mutual aid proved useful, garnering good results in supporting their members through self-help or a social and cultural nature.
Taking into account the socio-economic conditions created in our country was widening the range of coverage in case of mutual aid, pensioners and recipients of social benefits, regardless of the system of social insurance and pensions to which they belong.
The law, which shall apply from 1 March 1973, is an enhanced regulatory organization of mutual aid of pensioners, covering primarily the provisions relating to:-the right of all pensioners, regardless of what pension system they belong to, to form mutual aid houses;
-the conditions and manner of the establishment of these homes;
-the establishment of collective bodies of C.A.R.P. and what is the responsibility of liability in compliance with the legal provisions concerning the administration of money and material assets;
-establishing sources of income and the establishment of funds intended for the provision of loans, grants, for the organisation of cultural and artistic activities and financing expenses of the houses;
-the attribution of popular committees executive councils to provide the guidance and support of the activity of the mutual aid of pensioners as well as the task of the Ministry of labour to help guide them in terms of methodology.
PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 1. 57 of the CONSTITUTION of the SOCIALIST REPUBLIC of ROMANIA SIGN and WE HAVE to BE PUBLISHED in the OFFICIAL GAZETTE of the SOCIALIST REPUBLIC of ROMANIA, LAW NO. 13 of 23 November 1972 on MUTUAL AID HOUSES of PENSIONERS.
STATE BOARD CHAIRMAN, Nicolae Ceausescu Bucharest, 25 November 1972.
National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Romania adopts this law.
Article 1 (1) Retirement of any category, regardless of the system of social insurance and pensions to which they belong, as well as the recipients of social welfare may be associated in mutual aid houses of pensioners-named short C.A.R.P.
(2) may be members of a mutual help and family members spouse, wife, and children unable to work are in the maintenance of the beneficiaries or pensioners welfare members of that House.
Article 2 mutual aid houses of pensioners are aimed at supporting its members by granting loans and AIDS; they can also arrange cultural activities, artistic and recreational provision, payment of services for members of the House and family members are dependent on their work using some retired members of C.A.R.P., as well as other actions and forms of public aid.
Article 3 (1) mutual aid houses of pensioners are founded on territorial areas, either belonging to the same system retirees social security and pensions, either belonging to different retirees such systems, and are legal entities under the present law.
(2) mutual aid houses of pensioners may be set up at the written request of at least 100 of pensioners and recipients of social benefits.
(3) mutual aid houses made up of retirees a certain belonging to the social security system and pensions can be received by the Board, and retirees from other systems, on the basis of the approval in principle of the General Assembly of that case.
(4) mutual aid houses of pensioners is established with the authorization of the executive committees of the District Councils or popular Bucharest, the report from the House will have its seat. Authorization is given on the basis of constitutive document accompanied by statutes adopted by the General Assembly.
Article 4 (1) on receipt of the House of mutual aid to retirees it pays a registration fee of which the amount as a percentage or fixed-pension welfare times shall be established by statute.
(2) members of the mutual aid of pensioners are paying monthly dues, as well as monthly contributions whose amount as a percentage or in fixed amounts — the General Assembly, within the limits and under the conditions laid down in the statutes.
(3) upon termination, for whatever reason, the membership of the House of mutual aid to pensioners, the amounts secured by way of the monthly dues shall be returned to the holder or his followers, as appropriate.
Article 5 (1) the governing body of the mutual aid of pensioners is the general meeting of members of the House.
(2) the Board is the executive body of the mutual aid to pensioners and respond towards the General Assembly for its work; He also is responsible for compliance with the legal provisions concerning the administration of funds and the money of the House.
(3) verification of the entire economic and financial activities of the auditing Commission.
(4) the Governing Board, the Board of censors and their Presidents are elected by the General Assembly, under the conditions laid down by the Statute.
Article 6 (1) Presidents of mutual aid of pensioners, and members of the commissions of censors do not the grant of a monthly remuneration; those who are distinguished in their work within the household are eligible for quarterly monetary rewards, in amounts approved by the General Assembly and without exceeding the limits laid down in the Statute.
(2) mutual aid houses of pensioners may share staff, under the laws, especially among the members of the House, in the context of the legal regulations concerning wages and personnel requirements.
Article 7 (1) the income of the mutual aid of pensioners come from: application fees, monthly dues and contributions of its members, interest, income from services and from organizing cultural and artistic manifestations, as well as from donations.
(2) Interest shall be payable from the EC members for lending by mutual aid of pensioners, is 4% per year.
Article 8 (1) of the income, mutual aid of its pensioners constitute, under the Statute, separate funds: loans; grants; cultural and artistic activities; investments; expenses.
(2) of the investment funds established by mutual aid of pensioners can fund, with the approval of the General Assembly, action planning and equipment of some spaces intended for the conduct of activities referred to in article 21. 2, construction, fitting and equipping the units own spa treatment or nursing homes for retirees, as well as the purchase of auto transport. These actions will be carried out under the arrangements established by the laws on investments financed from extra-budgetary means necentralizate.
Article 9 (1) executive committees of councils and popular Bucharest city ensure mutual aid houses of pensioners and guidance support for the proper conduct of their activity.
(2) the Ministry of labour ensure specialized methodological guidance of mutual aid of pensioners.
Article 10 the Organization and operation of mutual aid of pensioners, the rights and duties of members, the conditions for the formation and use of the funds provided for in art. 7 and 8, as well as what services they can provide in such case shall be determined by the statute, adopted by the general meeting of members on the basis and within the framework of the statutes approved by the Ministry of labour, in consultation with the organs of the central State and the interested public.
Article 11 (1) this law shall enter into force on 1 March 1973.
(2) the existing mutual aid houses of pensioners will be able to continue its activities after 1 March 1973, only on the new statute, which we will adopt in accordance with the new regulations.
Article 12 on 1 March 1973 it repeal the Decree nr. 204/1951 to organize mutual help houses of pensioners, published in Official Gazette No. 113 of 21 November 1951.
This law was passed by the National Assembly at its meeting of 23 November 1972, with unanimity of votes cast by those deputies present at the session of 421.
President of the great National Assembly, ŞTEFAN VOITEC, Bucharest, 23 November 1972.